PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] Why can't I pick soft tires?

JoshTheGeologist
09-10-2017, 00:47
When creating a setup, I can only choose slick tires (along with ice, snow, all terrain ect...)

When I use my ICM menu, I can choose those, but I can also choose soft, medium, and hard. How can I choose these before the race starts? Sometimes I feel like my tires are not gripping the track, and I wonder if it's because the compound is too hard.

However even if I choose softs on a pit stop, when I pull up the telemetry hud, it just says "slicks".

TexasTyme214
09-10-2017, 01:20
Some cars only have one dry compound. The ICM menu is not accurate to every car. There are no intermediates or medium compounds from what I've found.

JoshTheGeologist
09-10-2017, 01:59
Some cars only have one dry compound. The ICM menu is not accurate to every car. There are no intermediates or medium compounds from what I've found.

Well with GT3, when I create a setup, I can only pick slicks. Then I bring up the ICM pit menu, and I can ask for softs...

JoshTheGeologist
09-10-2017, 11:48

So is it just not possible for cars with more than one Dru compound? Because I don't think that is right... Cars with p zero tires, I can choose multiples of those. I don't know if they are all slicks, the tires don't have a description

AbeWoz
09-10-2017, 12:07
GT3 cars only have 1 dry compound IIRC (Hards i think).
GTE cars will have softs and hards.

Probably an ICM bug if it shows softs for GT3

mass control
09-10-2017, 12:13
I can pick soft or hard slicks only that dont really want hard as cant get nowhere with them tyres as slide out in corners if dont really slow down and when put the gas on out of corner even when have heat in them but soft are alot better even that do wear out faster and can get a little hotter but at lease not sliding everywhere as do on hard slicks and from some GT3 class have tried.
The ICM needs sorting to not even show medium tyres when car dont use these as has medium tyre there and when went in pits and chosen medium they did not apply anyway went to hard slicks instead.
Not sure why GT cars only seem to have soft or hard slicks from car set up as medium could be fine to use.
And notice that the AI cars can have hard or soft on from each other at start race but can easy get around corners in and out with the hard slicks easy.

DreamsKnight
09-10-2017, 12:33
GT3 cars only have 1 dry compound IIRC (Hards i think).
GTE cars will have softs and hards.

Probably an ICM bug if it shows softs for GT3

in gt3 cars i have both hard slick and soft slick. :confused:

JoshTheGeologist
09-10-2017, 12:57
Can confirm a bug with the ICM menu.

Just tried GTE. I'm the race setup I could only choose hard or soft. In ICM menu, I had option if soft, medium or hard.

Additionally, I would like to report another bug. The other day, I was doing a race that started fry and went to wet at Long Beach. The car started on dry tires and I opened my ICM and changed my pit stop strategy to rains. I crashed on the ICM menu and restarted. I was now on wet tires. Restarting did not fix the issue til I reloaded the setup into the car

Sankyo
09-10-2017, 12:58
The ICM tyre naming bug is known, will be fixed in the upcoming patch.

JoshTheGeologist
09-10-2017, 13:01
Wow that was a fast reply!

Thanks for letting me know. Was not sure if it was known.

/Thread