PDA

View Full Version : What is going on with PC2 on PS4

jaynnc
09-10-2017, 03:54
I have a fanatec v2.5 with a drivehub. This combination works wonderfully with driveclub,assetto, and PC1 , about to test gran turismo tomorrow but with PS2, something is seriously wrong...it feels completely empty, no life in the steering wheel..the fanatec pedals do rumble but sporadically .....Please say they have a patch coming soon cause this game can't be like this..Also I notice the you can shifter without pressing the clutch...i hate that...i changed the setting but same results...it works correctly on assetto and pc1...all I have been doing is messing with the settings on PC2.....getting very annoyed...anybody have any updates?

ghosty5700
09-10-2017, 09:37
Hi,

I have the exact same problem when I first started the game I was getting brake rumble and good force feed back then it just stopped I am not sure if this is related to the latest ps4 firmware update 5.0 I think. I can confirm its not the wheel as it happened on my t300 and now its happening on my logitech g29. I changed wheel as my t300 stopped calibrating on start up and needs a repair but before it stopped working I was getting identical FFB. I had gain turned up to 100 and it made no difference, the steering is really light no feel at all occasionally i get a little bit of resistance when cornering but for the most part nothing (going over the curbs at imola nothing happens in the whe. I cant feel any tyres or road grip. I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled last night and it did not make a difference. it cant be the g29 wheel because its new. I will re install assetto corsa tonight to double check. But it sounds like your having the same issue as me.

SMS - Please can you look into this issue.
PS4 - original
PS4 Firmware - Latest - 5.0
Same experience with t300 and logitec g29
I have uninstalled and re installed but does not resolve.

Sankyo
09-10-2017, 09:40
Wheel detection and FFB issues will be resolved for a number of wheels including Logitech, which I think the DriveHUB emulates. That should improve the FFB for you, although some FFB tweaking will probably be necessary to get the best out of the CSW v2.5 in this configuration.

ghosty5700
09-10-2017, 10:51
ok cool, thanks for your feedback. It looks like a lot of people are having similar issues looking through the forum. Hope it can be solved soon. If there is an official timeline on this it would be good to respond to the wider community to let everyone know that this is being resolved in a patch.

Ciccina2016
09-10-2017, 16:52
ok cool, thanks for your feedback. It looks like a lot of people are having similar issues looking through the forum. Hope it can be solved soon. If there is an official timeline on this it would be good to respond to the wider community to let everyone know that this is being resolved in a patch.

are we expecting the patch for ????? End of Nov, Dec???

simini76
09-10-2017, 19:38
Hi,

I have the exact same problem when I first started the game I was getting brake rumble and good force feed back then it just stopped I am not sure if this is related to the latest ps4 firmware update 5.0 I think. I can confirm its not the wheel as it happened on my t300 and now its happening on my logitech g29. I changed wheel as my t300 stopped calibrating on start up and needs a repair but before it stopped working I was getting identical FFB. I had gain turned up to 100 and it made no difference, the steering is really light no feel at all occasionally i get a little bit of resistance when cornering but for the most part nothing (going over the curbs at imola nothing happens in the whe. I cant feel any tyres or road grip. I have uninstalled everything and reinstalled last night and it did not make a difference. it cant be the g29 wheel because its new. I will re install assetto corsa tonight to double check. But it sounds like your having the same issue as me.

SMS - Please can you look into this issue.
PS4 - original
PS4 Firmware - Latest - 5.0
Same experience with t300 and logitec g29
I have uninstalled and re installed but does not resolve.

What about reinstalling the T300 firmware? I don't think is the 5.0 console firmware.... the game has some issues with a lot of wheels (Logitech..TM).
Waiting for THE PATCH!!!

simini76
09-10-2017, 19:43
are we expecting the patch for ????? End of Nov, Dec???

Patch coming at the end of october.

Ciccina2016
10-10-2017, 11:42

Thanks Simini76, can we have a confirmation from a SMS Developer ? Can you post the thread?

Martinbooker
10-10-2017, 11:58
Tis funny, despite all the issues reported, it's the menu freeze bug that's stopping me from playing at the moment. Drives me insane. Really hoping that's included in the patch

Konan
10-10-2017, 12:08

Where did you hear/read that?

ghosty5700
10-10-2017, 12:35
My t300 is currently toast! it does not calibrate on startup it just spins to the left re centres and spins to the left so I need to send it back for repair.I cant even select it as a controller.
In the mean time I am using a logitech g29. But I get exact same feedback from both wheels from the game. No road feel, no bumps or curbs, no tyre feel. The logitech wheel is brand new and has the latest firmware. It cant be the wheel so it must be the game. There are so many threads reporting same issues across all wheels. hopefully they will sort as i bought a new wheel for this after the other one died. I just mentioned the latest firmware just confirming that I was up to date.

LPlates
10-10-2017, 13:19
SMS have said on Twitter "Real real soon".

I did not take that to still be weeks.

Konan
10-10-2017, 13:36
SMS have said on Twitter "Real real soon".

I did not take that to still be weeks.

We just don't know...could be days,could be weeks....

Aizcold
10-10-2017, 15:23
Tis funny, despite all the issues reported, it's the menu freeze bug that's stopping me from playing at the moment. Drives me insane. Really hoping that's included in the patch
I hope you are aware of the (less than ideal) workaround for that bug... In case you are not, deleting saved set ups and other saved files except for your profile fixes it. But of course that's a less than perfect and temporary solution.

Martinbooker
10-10-2017, 19:59
I hope you are aware of the (less than ideal) workaround for that bug... In case you are not, deleting saved set ups and other saved files except for your profile fixes it. But of course that's a less than perfect and temporary solution.

Yeah I did see that ta. It's kinda like Microsoft telling me to delete everything from a folder on my computer to make explorer open faster though. The official workaround to delete everything rather than release a small patch to fix it is a little insulting honestly.

As others have pointed out, other game studios seem to be able to micropatch console games to fix ongoing issues quickly so I rather suspect it's a cost saving measure to bundle everything together into a larger patch and have people wait. i.e. only pay the submission fee once

I'm not hating on the thing I'm really not but I feel the well known issues should have maybe been split by priority with the "silly" stuff getting a very quick patch. Stuff like the menu freezes, not being able to save the hud layout, only one setup save per car etc to release in the 1st patch but some of the more architecturaly fundamental issues, FFB stuff, qualifying skip bug, various issues with certain cars and other stuff which would incur major regression testing etc coming in the second patch.

ace1973
10-10-2017, 20:43
Just have to delete your setups. You can keep replays and profile. Not ideal but makes it at least a little less frustrating, especially since most of the setups don't show up even after you save them. Just keep hoping for a patch sometime this year.