PDA

View Full Version : Online driver swaps

Martin03
09-10-2017, 08:19
Hi, I know this is not in the game now. But just wonder what devs think about it, is it something they consider, something they work on, something they are not interested in or what?...

Would make me play online much more, right now I play career mode 98% off the time, but if could do LMP1, LMP2, GTE online with 6+hour races with driver swaps I would deffently change more to online...

Siberian Tiger
09-10-2017, 08:24
This Function will eventually come into the Game at a later Date via Patch.

No ETA, there are first other Things to sort, before adding such a functionality ;)

chops13
07-02-2018, 21:16
Is this still confirmed as coming in a future patch for console (PS4)?

satco1066
08-02-2018, 15:03
no news for all platforms since then

Renoldo1990
17-04-2018, 08:08
Sorry for bringing this topic up again.

But is there any news on this feature?

Many people are interested in this feature because it would enable awesome Endurance Racing (12 hour races, 24 hour races).
Project Cars 2 is offering everything needed for perfect Endurance racing. Time-Progression, different weather. The only feature missing to get the best out of the game is this Online-Driver-Swap-Feature.

MaXyM
17-04-2018, 08:27
I'm not sure the game is ready to support such long sessions. I mean whole infrastructure around racing itself.
Don't get me wrong: I would also like to have this feature. But without other fixes/improvements/changes it would be another listed but unused feature

Ofnir4
17-04-2018, 09:24
The things is, the lobby system would have to be changed to allow people to leave and rejoin into the car (and the lobby), unless we get 16 spectator spots that can be selected by the driver pitting to take control of the car. (on console)

Probably not a feature the average public lobby enthusiast will use a lot, but league and any organized racing will.
And it's doesn't have to be 12 or 24h, you can have 1h30 races with max driving time of 45min to force a driver swap.

As of now I'm running a few series in leagues, I would LOVE to get rid of the Am and Pro class (depending on rating an overall speed shown in races) in favor of paired Pro and Pro-Am.

The game is supposed to be Esport ready, driver swap is one of those Esport features.

Renoldo1990
17-04-2018, 09:38
In my German-Community we are currently thinking of meeting at each others homes in teams of 3 drivers/team to eventually do a 24 Hour-Race.
But as you can imagine it's really hard to plan. People use different hardware (Wheels, Pedals with Loadcell/ without Loadcell), need different Rig-Settings (because of the body height) etc.

It would be so much easier if we had this Online-Driver-Swap-Feature.
It was mentioned a few times in the past that they are thinking of possibly implementing it in the future. And wasn't there even a DEV-Stream in which somebody was trying this out a few months ago? (Maybe this was just a dream of mine, but I believe I read it somewhere on this forum here some time ago?)

Daz555
17-04-2018, 11:09
I'm not sure the game is ready to support such long sessions. I mean whole infrastructure around racing itself.
Don't get me wrong: I would also like to have this feature. But without other fixes/improvements/changes it would be another listed but unused feature
I have raced up to 2.5hrs in my league and with driver swaps we could certainly go much longer. Not every week of course but I'd like to race in the odd 6hr endurance from time to time.

Fight-Test
17-04-2018, 12:27
The six race groups I'm in are still waiting and ready. Probably the most wanted feature. We are being patient.