PDA

View Full Version : Le Mans 24 hour race report

catmageddon
09-10-2017, 14:36
Hi everyone,

I've just finished a full 24 hour race at Le Mans and it was really good fun, but I have a few bugs to report to the developers that I really hope can be fixed. I'm posting this in order to be helpful, hopefully!

I was running multi class (LMP1, LMP2, GTE), real tyre and fuel usage and dry weather at 85% difficulty, 50% aggression.

1) AI crashing

I know there is AI development in the works for the patches, but it is especially troublesome at Le Mans. The AI, whether your own class or different classes, tends to steam up behind you and use you as a brake, which is infuriating when you're having a great battle. This can happen a number of times a lap. I've done a test since with 0% aggression and it makes no difference at all.

2) AI cornering speed

The AI are very very slow in the slower corners (eg Indianapolis, Ford Chicane, Arnage) which makes them so easy to pass. They don't seem to trouble the apex either in most corners and seem quite doddery with the throttle at the corner exit, which doesn't help their cause. It's particularly an issue at Le Mans, COTA for example is much better. If a driving line fix could be made that would be great!

3) AI run out of fuel *****

This is the most problematic aspect with mechanical failures and damage turned off, I had only 10 out of the 31 cars running at the 3-4 hour mark as they kept running out of fuel. I don't want to turn off fuel use as that's not realistic, but the track was rather empty by the end! The first 2-3 hours were fine with no retirements. The only GTE cars running at the end were BMW if that helps, all other manufacturers retired. The first LMP1 car ran out after 12 laps, but some made it as far as lap 190 before retiring!

4) Livetrack driving line visual issue?

It seems that the tyres produce white lines at Le Mans in some places rather than dark, which seems a little odd! I imagine the lighter patches are meant to be where the cars bottom out, but it seems to form 2 lines at Le Mans? It's perfect down the hill from the Dunlop bridge, but then goes awry from there.

I hope that was constructive as I really love this game and it's fantastic at other circuits (eg. COTA), but at my favourite track Le Mans it's not as enjoyable and needs a few tweaks to be as good as I know it can be.

Thanks for listening!

catmageddon
13-10-2017, 06:25
The AI is much improved, but most AI cars still run out of fuel/retire at Le Mans when running a full 24 hour race. Can this be looked at?

ThatJordGuy
13-10-2017, 06:35
Can I ask if you completed it with the latest patch 2.0?

Siberian Tiger
13-10-2017, 07:20
The AI is much improved, but most AI cars still run out of fuel/retire at Le Mans when running a full 24 hour race. Can this be looked at?

Seems to happen also in longer Qualy Session. It's logged.

Netminder
13-10-2017, 14:24

There is also a problem with actual fuel usage. Pit stops in the Audi R18 should be roughly 12-15 laps. I am only getting about five or six laps on a full tank.

OddTimer
13-10-2017, 14:40

yeah....this seems to be the case in longer qualify sessions. I've been doing career, gt3, 20 min qualify. About 5 minutes to the end of the session the AI starts parking on the side of the road...it happens every qualify session I do.
This is on the PC btw.

AbeWoz
13-10-2017, 14:45
Can I ask if you completed it with the latest patch 2.0?

considering this was posted 2 days before patch 2, i would say no.

Martini Da Gasalini
13-10-2017, 14:47
Dude how did you stay up 24hours????

GenBrien
13-10-2017, 15:42
Dude how did you stay up 24hours????

you can
1-pause the game
2- switch to AI driving your car

Martini Da Gasalini
13-10-2017, 17:31
Oh lol, that'll do it

catmageddon
14-10-2017, 07:18
I did one before patch 2 and one after - same issue. And yes I got the AI to do a lot of the driving ��

catmageddon
14-10-2017, 07:19

Thanks very much, that’s fantastic!

Sentry87
19-11-2017, 02:38
Hope the a.i. running out of fuel issue is eventually fixed. Just did a le mans 12 hour, time progression 2x. Only half the field was left 15/32. Most retirements were lmp 1 and lmp2.

Also unrelated, can we get a bop for lmp1 class. The Marek and rwd just cannot keep up with the audi or Toyota.

TopAirspace
19-11-2017, 09:03
Hope the a.i. running out of fuel issue is eventually fixed. Just did a le mans 12 hour, time progression 2x. Only half the field was left 15/32. Most retirements were lmp 1 and lmp2.

Also unrelated, can we get a bop for lmp1 class. The Marek and rwd just cannot keep up with the audi or Toyota.

16 retirements seems quite realistic over the course of a 24hr race tbh

Sentry87
19-11-2017, 17:03

Yes true. But anticipating this happening I turned damage off. And only starting with a 32 car grid, 15 retirements can make the track a ghost town.

Either way, still had a blast. Came in 2nd in the gte class with the vantage. Was chasing the corvette by 2 seconds in the last 10 minutes of the race. Almost like this year's lm24 but reversed.

catmageddon
20-11-2017, 21:50

Not when you've turned off mechanical failures...

All were from running out of fuel, which simply does not happen anymore.

wowbaggerBR
23-01-2018, 14:01
Other issue is the time of the start. Within the career the race starts at dawn for some reason. It should start at 4 pm.

Plus you can only change the duration of it by 13 minutes increments, which is quite bizarre. If you could change by 12 minutes steps, you could set up races with 2.4 or 4.8 hours, which would translate proportionally to the passage of time.

Sadly, I pretty much doubt that they will fix any of those things.