PDA

View Full Version : Arcade mode please?

Xenos911
09-10-2017, 21:32
Hello,

What I would LOVE to see is a simpler arcade like multiplayer. What I mean by this, is to have all the computers replaying an AI race when not in use with "Project Cars 2" logo and "Press Gas To Start" text on screen.

*all computers would be connected by steam and map options are set off the start. It would be cool if an option to choose cars in a class with the steering wheel would be an option and also to choose manual or automatic transmission.

While AI's are racing, if someone presses Gas, other computers would have screen saying "if you would like to join this race, please press gas". Any cars which choose get loaded in the game, and any which do not just loop the AI racing.

It would make the game excellent at parties and make the game more friendly to play for non-hardcore sim players.

Honestly, I don't think it would be a lot of work. You guys have the best racing simulator out there and it would add an excellent option to have arcade racing option.

dault3883
09-10-2017, 21:34
Hello,

What I would LOVE to see is a simpler arcade like multiplayer. What I mean by this, is to have all the computers replaying an AI race when not in use with "Project Cars 2" logo and "Press Gas To Start" text on screen.

*all computers would be connected by steam and map options are set off the start. It would be cool if an option to choose cars in a class with the steering wheel would be an option and also to choose manual or automatic transmission.

While AI's are racing, if someone presses Gas, other computers would have screen saying "if you would like to join this race, please press gas". Any cars which choose get loaded in the game, and any which do not just loop the AI racing.

It would make the game excellent at parties and make the game more friendly to play for non-hardcore sim players.

Honestly, I don't think it would be a lot of work. You guys have the best racing simulator out there and it would add an excellent option to have arcade racing option.

while it sounds interesting there are other bugs on the game that in my opinion are more important to get fixed before adding more features

Roger Prynne
09-10-2017, 21:39
Hello,

That's what you think :rolleyes:

Also this is a sim and the word 'Arcade' around here is a nono :hopelessness:

Xenos911
09-10-2017, 21:47
That's what you think :rolleyes:

Also this is a sim and the word 'Arcade' around here is a nono :hopelessness:

I do a lot of track racing in my Z4M. When I drive the GT3 model of it, the car has the same quarks as my Z4M. The developers should be proud of the physics they put into this game. Making the multiplayer appeal to more people by simplifying it for the non-hardcore racer does not show weakness in the model.

Anthroban
09-10-2017, 22:15
@OP How about no.

This is serious sim for serious simmers. There are plenty of arcade titles out there for you.

Roger Prynne
09-10-2017, 22:38
Don't give him a hard time as he was only making a suggestion.
My reply to him wasn't meant to be hostile.

M-PowerX
09-10-2017, 22:44
You are so wrong, Anthroban.

Gran turismo 6 have rooms with preset, you have to choose the car then jump straight on the circuit. No qualifying, no setup.
The game is still all there, you simply remove the part that non hardcore gamer dislike.

Or simply if you have one hour at night to play you don't want to waste it doing the setup or doing laps with cold tires over and over.

Probably also gt sport has something similar, when Christmas come, I will tell you.
It would be nice also in pc2

hkraft300
09-10-2017, 22:59
Here you go. (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?41398-Gran-Turismo-Sport-PS4)

;)

Trippul G
10-10-2017, 00:17
I do a lot of track racing in my Z4M. When I drive the GT3 model of it, the car has the same quarks as my Z4M. The developers should be proud of the physics they put into this game. Making the multiplayer appeal to more people by simplifying it for the non-hardcore racer does not show weakness in the model.

If there are quarks in your Z4, the devs packed more physics in this game than I realized! :cool::rolleyes:

hkraft300
10-10-2017, 00:41
If there are quarks in your Z4, the devs packed more physics in this game than I realized! :cool::rolleyes:

Badum tsss...

Trippul G
10-10-2017, 05:47
Badum tsss...

Thank you, I'm here all night! Tip jar's on the piano, ladies and gentlemen. :cool::barbershop_quartet_

Icecream-Inc
10-10-2017, 06:03
arcade driving?!?! codemasters is that way ---------->

peterCars
11-10-2017, 03:39
I race open wheelers inpcars, so it would be possible to do Road Rash (1991) .. where you get the physically hit the other cars. add in grenades, oil bombs, yeh, I'd forget about the bugs and think it was part of the game, but we'd need more DAMAGE!!
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RoadRash

pa_pinkelman
11-10-2017, 08:50
Here come the elitists...:p