PDA

View Full Version : [KNOWN ISSUE] Outside wheels smoking out of fast corners

Javaniceday
09-10-2017, 22:40
So, this is happening with a number of cars. Always starting out on Stable set up. Slowly building them up to match each track. Anyway, exiting the fast corners, my outside wheels are always smoking hard. I can't tell if its my front wheels or my rears - maybe I'm turning the front wheels to much, or maybe the differentials are screwed. Maybe I'm just understeering hard. Idk. As speed picks up, there goes the smoke.

Is that a differential issue? Am I driving the car too hard?

Outbreak
09-10-2017, 23:37
I also notice this as well and am not sure what it is. I try turning the wheel less but it doesn't seem to have much of an effect

blinkngone
09-10-2017, 23:59
So, this is happening with a number of cars. Always starting out on Stable set up. Slowly building them up to match each track. Anyway, exiting the fast corners, my outside wheels are always smoking hard. I can't tell if its my front wheels or my rears - maybe I'm turning the front wheels to much, or maybe the differentials are screwed. Maybe I'm just understeering hard. Idk. As speed picks up, there goes the smoke.

Is that a differential issue? Am I driving the car too hard?

What Car/track and what tires. Would you mind running a TT so I/we could follow you?

Javaniceday
10-10-2017, 00:16
What Car/track and what tires. Would you mind running a TT so I/we could follow you?

For sure, I'll do so tonight.

The latest cars I remember it happening in was the GT86 Rocketbunny GT4 at Sugo (last corner) and the Aston GTE car at Watkins Glen (that long fast right hander after the bus stop)

blinkngone
10-10-2017, 02:31
Ok, can't drive Watkins Glen worth a flip and never seen Sugo but I'll try.

TDS
10-10-2017, 06:19
smoke threashold has to be tweaked to fix it.

Javaniceday
10-10-2017, 06:24
smoke threashold has to be tweaked to fix it.

has it? It just happened to me again today on Monza coming out of the last turn in the ferrari GT3

REFNightmare
10-10-2017, 08:32
Happens to me on Spa in the Ferrari GT3 at Pouhon. I figured it was understeer causing the tyres to smoke as they've gone past their limit and are just scrubbing. If I slow down more and push the car in hard to begin with and then have a gradual line then it doesn't smoke. But if I'm trying to go fast and make the corner a sweeping turn then they smoke.

F2kSel
10-10-2017, 12:25
I'm convinced it's just a visual bug, I had fifteen minute race with tyre smoking in most corners and temps and wear were normal for the whole race.

Paradyski
10-10-2017, 14:24
AUDI R8 at SUGO last corner, get so smoky, Snetterton, long right hander before last T, same issue

Tom_2475221
12-10-2017, 13:42
I have this exact same issue on most high speed corners, especially with the Huracan GT3. But with overheating tyres.
Do you have this overheating too?

I've already posted this in the car setup talk thread and after some advice, choosing the hard tyre compound helped a bit with a stiffer rear spring setting, which make the tyres work less.
Depending on track and ambient conditions of course.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52926-PCARS2-Car-Setup-Talk&p=1385583&viewfull=1#post1385583

Gopher04
13-10-2017, 12:24
For me this smoking tyre problem only happens with the soft compound.

ATSS
15-10-2017, 17:53
I getting this too in the Parabolica,Sugo last corner etc.

pferreirag60
01-12-2017, 03:04
I m getting the smoke also, but with every car in every fast corner, i only use setupīs to alter gearbox and brake force.

Herege
01-12-2017, 17:23
Here a example from a friend that show me that problem on first test of Patch 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jM22qQ_cxlI

Nyreen
01-12-2017, 17:53
It's a bug. Hopefully it doesn't seem to alter the handling.

In previous patch, it happened to me a lot and it was bothering me. Now it just happens every corner, which is a bit funny

Alibi_GT
03-12-2017, 20:28
also got smoking and overheating tyres, example: corvette GTE left front on Catalunya GP, 110+ Celsius. Also had it on Road America in the NSX GT3.

Nyreen
03-12-2017, 21:59
Were you using hard compound ?

RJay
04-12-2017, 02:33
I get this in a lot of corners that are 4th gear and above, anywhere. It's a visual bug(I think) because I've tried enabling and disabling diffs and whatnot, gently feeding power back in vs stomping on it (tbf this has the most results).
With thet amount of smoke I see I should be careening straight into the barriers (especially at blanchimont, spa). Happens with Formula A, Formula X, GT3 cars, GTE cars, things as slow as the bmw 2002.... but that could be because that's just a drift-happy funcar.

Also it doesn't seem to affect my tire temps and pressures or grip level.

Even get it out of some hairprins that are tight radiusses when you can finally open the taps.

Herege
04-12-2017, 05:39
For me it's only visual, don't affect my tire temps, pressures or grip level too. At least I do not notice anything abnormal about that. I only see smoke with no other complication in the car. It might be a good tactic to get away from the opponent behind us, Squid defense style :rolleyes:

Kevin_1987
21-12-2017, 11:40
Haven't been on the forum for a while, but really needed to know about this issue.

I've had it in many classes (GT4, Formula Renault and now GT3), mainly while going through and exiting fast long corners. Now in the GT3 EU Championship on the Catalunya circuit, driving the M6 GT3, it occurs pretty much during the whole lap. Tried everything with the setup, nothing helped. Glad to see it is an know issue. Just hoped it would get fixed the 3.0 patch. Sadly it didn't.

Sankyo
21-12-2017, 11:44
Haven't been on the forum for a while, but really needed to know about this issue.

I've had it in many classes (GT4, Formula Renault and now GT3), mainly while going through and exiting fast long corners. Now in the GT3 EU Championship on the Catalunya circuit, driving the M6 GT3, it occurs pretty much during the whole lap. Tried everything with the setup, nothing helped. Glad to see it is an know issue. Just hoped it would get fixed the 3.0 patch. Sadly it didn't.

It'll be fixed in patch 4.0.

TonyTurbo78
09-02-2018, 20:29
apparently this is now fixed :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?60842-Nice-new-patch-1-4-is-here-)-Lets-hope-the-smoking-tyres-in-mirror-is-fixed