PDA

View Full Version : How do I make a pit stop?

Tonydoc10
09-10-2017, 23:02
Quick question - how do i make a pit stop?
Just done my 1st race with a mandatory pit stop and when i entered the pit i didn't appear to have a pit box. I presumed there must have been somebody in the pit box and came back in next lap but again no pit box appeared available. Any help appreciated.

dault3883
09-10-2017, 23:09
Quick question - how do i make a pit stop?
Just done my 1st race with a mandatory pit stop and when i entered the pit i didn't appear to have a pit box. I presumed there must have been somebody in the pit box and came back in next lap but again no pit box appeared available. Any help appreciated.

did you request a pit stop before 1/2 a lap to pit lane?

Tonydoc10
09-10-2017, 23:27
Not the 1st time but on the 2nd pit stop i scrolled down on menu using d pad on wheel and clicked right on pit stop. Not sure if this is the correct action but didn't appear to be any other option as when I pressed the 'a' button which is normally select option didn't appear to do anything. Thanks for reply,

dault3883
09-10-2017, 23:32
Not the 1st time but on the 2nd pit stop i scrolled down on menu using d pad on wheel and clicked right on pit stop. Not sure if this is the correct action but didn't appear to be any other option as when I pressed the 'a' button which is normally select option didn't appear to do anything. Thanks for reply,

i dont know try assigning a button for pit request i never have a problem with it when i do also check your pit strategy you might have it on default which would result in essentially no pitstop

did you stop in your pitstall and immediately pull out if so you were probably going too fast iv had that happen to me

Konan
09-10-2017, 23:47
Could also be that you encountered the "missing pitcrew" bug...in that case there is no pitcrew,just a blurred pitboard...you have to look closely though...i drove past it a couple of times myself...

Trippul G
09-10-2017, 23:51
Also, I think there's a setting somewhere that you can enable to show a little visual indicator of which pit box is yours, so you know where to stop.

What you've done sounds correct. Up on the d-pad to bring up your ICM, scroll down and on Request Pit Stop, press right on the d-pad to confirm. If done correctly, you should get what looks like a little miniature pit board on screen that says Pit In, with I think your driver initials, your position and lap number...not sure exactly, but something along those lines.

Tonydoc10
09-10-2017, 23:53
I had set a pit strategy just to change tyres and fix damage but when I came I to the pits there was no obvious place to stop. Wasnt aware that there was a missing pit crew bug, l'll give it another go and keep my eyes peeled. Thanks again fellas.

dault3883
10-10-2017, 00:03

Also, I think there's a setting somewhere that you can enable to show a little visual indicator of which pit box is yours, so you know where to stop.

What you've done sounds correct. Up on the d-pad to bring up your ICM, scroll down and on Request Pit Stop, press right on the d-pad to confirm. If done correctly, you should get what looks like a little miniature pit board on screen that says Pit In, with I think your driver initials, your position and lap number...not sure exactly, but something along those lines.

i think that was his problem instead of pressing right on the dpad to confirm he pressed A try it the way Tippul G said to do it and see if it works

Rockefelluh
10-10-2017, 00:15

This is a good suggestion. I am doing automatic pits for now until bug is fixed.

Zeem
10-10-2017, 00:35
I've never seen the pitcrew in my game as an Xbox One user. They are definitely in the game though, right? Not removed as a graphical limitation on console?

Trippul G
10-10-2017, 05:42
Nope, not removed. I can definitely confirm on Xbox 1 that I have seen them multiple times (most times, I'd say in fact.) I pretty much always request a pit stop before going in, so this may have something to do with it.