PDA

View Full Version : Mclaren 650S GT3 and Oversteer.

Zekken
10-10-2017, 00:39
I am having massive troubles with this.

when I first tested the car in a test session, it felt perfectly stable and fine. but now that Im racing in career with it, it just oversteers and spins every single time I try to take a corner. Even if I try to take it carefully. I have to drive like a literal grandma if I want to get it around the corner without getting it sideways, and I can't even match 60% AI (in PCARS 1 I could match and beat 90% skill AI in GT3 cars and LMP cars)

I've fiddled and fiddled and fiddled with the Suspension and Damper settings but nothing I do changes it. I have to turn Stability control on to make the car actually go around a corner but ITS SO HORRIBLE TO USE with stability control just dabbing brakes mid corner, causing wild understeer, no smoothness at all to my driving.

This is every track I drive it on, please help.

blinkngone
10-10-2017, 00:46
I am having massive troubles with this.

when I first tested the car in a test session, it felt perfectly stable and fine. but now that Im racing in career with it, it just oversteers and spins every single time I try to take a corner. Even if I try to take it carefully. I have to drive like a literal grandma if I want to get it around the corner without getting it sideways, and I can't even match 60% AI (in PCARS 1 I could match and beat 90% skill AI in GT3 cars and LMP cars)

I've fiddled and fiddled and fiddled with the Suspension and Damper settings but nothing I do changes it. I have to turn Stability control on to make the car actually go around a corner but ITS SO HORRIBLE TO USE with stability control just dabbing brakes mid corner, causing wild understeer, no smoothness at all to my driving.

This is every track I drive it on, please help.

Hi Zekken, you are on PC, have you tried other peoples set ups in TT? Try mine at Dubai National. Wheel or pad? We have a Garage now for your set up questions. First I would go back to the default set up "Stable" then if it's "oversteering" you are probably just braking too much so move brake bias forward and reduce the pressure to 80 to see if you can get your steering back without spinning then you can start adding back brake pressure. Also you can go back to the main settings and reduce brake sensitivity until you get better control, you can always increase it again later. Most cars you will probably drive are going to using the "Clutch LSD" so there you will see the power ramp, you can move this around, if it's at 50 then you can increase it (higher (90) is off. The "Coast" ramp is probably going to be around 25 you can move this as well(it's sort of like your deceleration lock in PCars1) you can also try reducing the preload if you are having too much spinning when trying to accelerate.

Zekken
10-10-2017, 00:49
Hi Zekken, you are on PC, have you tried other peoples set ups in TT? Try mine at Dubai National. Wheel or pad?

PC, Xbox Controller. havent found/tried any other setups yet. just been trying to find my own setup that works.

Iconiqk
10-10-2017, 01:18
Are you using the Stable or Loose setup? Perhaps the game is loading the stable in a test session and loose in career?

Zekken
10-10-2017, 01:19
Are you using the Stable or Loose setup? Perhaps the game is loading the stable in a test session and loose in career?

it says stable, so I assume its that one?

edit: just went and physically selected the default stable setup. Its better, but the car is still very tail happy, though its more midway through the corner rather than on corner entry now.

Iconiqk
10-10-2017, 01:28
Hmmmm. Are you sure you tires aren't overheating? I find the McLaren to be loose when the tires either aren't up to temp or are overheating, but stable with good temps. Which tracks specifically are you having issues with?

blinkngone
10-10-2017, 01:29
it says stable, so I assume its that one?

edit: just went and physically selected the default stable setup. Its better, but the car is still very tail happy, though its more midway through the corner rather than on corner entry now.

Ok, so reduce the preload(20) and increase the ramp(10) if you are using the Clutch LSD.

Zekken
10-10-2017, 01:31
Hmmmm. Are you sure you tires aren't overheating? I find the McLaren to be loose when the tires either aren't up to temp or are overheating, but stable with good temps. Which tracks specifically are you having issues with?

Im having issues so far with every track I've tried to drive on. which at this point is the german career race for GT3 (Nurburg GP, Hockingham, and now Red bull ring national)

Im pretty sure the tires are fine. its loose no matter what part of the stint im in.

Peally
10-10-2017, 02:31
Interesting, that's "my ride" and I haven't had troubles with the stock stable setup with controller or wheel. Have you modified your controller curves at all or are you running with stock game settings?

Zekken
10-10-2017, 09:09
Interesting, that's "my ride" and I haven't had troubles with the stock stable setup with controller or wheel. Have you modified your controller curves at all or are you running with stock game settings?

I've changed them. Im using almost this: (found it on reddit)
Steering Deadzone: 0
Steering Sensitivity: 45
Throttle Deadzone: 0
Throttle Sensitivity: 10
Brake Deadzone: 0
Brake Sensitivity: 10
Clutch Deadzone: 10
Cluth Sensitivity: 25
Speed Sensitivity: 95
Damper Saturation: 100
Controller Damping: 79

only changed the throttle/brake sensitivity a little bit, to what I have it set at in PCARS 1

on another, unrelated note: if i want to go into reverse, I have to manually change to reverse, rather than just holding down the left stick when stopped. and after reversing if I want to go forwards again, I have to manually select first. is that just the controls or can I make it so it automatically goes into reverse like PCARS 1? (I use auto gearbox, manual is too annoying on controller)

Zekken
10-10-2017, 23:13
Ok, so reduce the preload(20) and increase the ramp(10) if you are using the Clutch LSD.

OMG, with the default stable setup + max downforce + these settings its fixed, it understeers a bit now but I can fine tune it. wow, I never thought to look at the LSD settings and don't usually touch them anyway because I don't understand them well enough to not try to change it and make it worse lol. thanks

blinkngone
11-10-2017, 01:45
OMG, with the default stable setup + max downforce + these settings its fixed, it understeers a bit now but I can fine tune it. wow, I never thought to look at the LSD settings and don't usually touch them anyway because I don't understand them well enough to not try to change it and make it worse lol. thanks

Hey Zekken, I'm glad you sorted your problems so that now you enjoy the game.:D From now on you can go to the Garage with your set up questions.