PDA

View Full Version : [Known Issue] Super Trofeo Engine Damage Bug?

Tar Heel
10-10-2017, 04:05
I am currently racing in thr Super Trofeo career championship and despite any changes I make my engine seems to gain about 12 damage points over the course of the 30 minute race.

I have opened the radiator all the way and my oil temps are below 100c. I also am short shifting around 7000rpm but that doesn't seem to do anything either. Not sure what is going on but it is the only car I have driven so far that accumulates engine damage for from what I can tell no apparent reason.

Has anyone else experienced this?

dault3883
10-10-2017, 04:13
i didnt know this issue existed keep me posted on it as im getting ready to start a ST career championship

Does the damage effect performance at all in the race?

would turning damage off keep this from happening?

Tar Heel
10-10-2017, 15:50
Turning damage off would prevent it I assume.

I just wasn't sure If anyone else had experienced what I was. I'm at a lost of what else to do as everything I tried setup wise and driving wise has not worked.

Machinist90
10-10-2017, 16:06
I've experienced the same issue,blew up engine without doing anything extreme

VelvetTorpedo
10-10-2017, 16:18
I've had to set my radiator to 100% open, and though I have damage set to visual only, I have mechanical damage on, and any small knock seems to make the car overheat and fail.

Zenzic
10-10-2017, 17:43
Same issue here. Practice for first race of career at Algarve. After as little as two practice laps the engine starts to show damage. The oil temperature has yet to reach 100 degrees. I'm shifting at red line without letting it hit the limiter.

3800racingfool
10-10-2017, 18:02
Haven't tested the Trofeo yet but I've noticed the same thing happens with the Nissan R34. A single lap around Sakitto national can yield up to 3 points of engine damage (short-shifting can lower this by a point).

dault3883
10-10-2017, 21:54
Sounds like SMS needs a new engine builder LOL

Trippul G
11-10-2017, 01:16
Sounds like SMS needs a new engine builder LOL

They must've been using Honda engineers. (Ohhh...low blow...)

*ducks and runs for the door*

dault3883
11-10-2017, 01:17
They must've been using Honda engineers. (Ohhh...low blow...)

*ducks and runs for the door*

yea sounds about right LOL all kidding aside it is a very serious issue i hope they get fixed as my Career mode is Super Trofeo so for now it looks like damage turned off is the way im going to have to go

Trippul G
11-10-2017, 01:21
Super Trofeo is normally aspirated, right? So, wouldn't have anything to do with lowering boost pressure. Is there a restrictor plate? If so, maybe adjusting the settings there might have some effect?

dault3883
11-10-2017, 01:28
Super Trofeo is normally aspirated, right? So, wouldn't have anything to do with lowering boost pressure. Is there a restrictor plate? If so, maybe adjusting the settings there might have some effect?

yea but it seems people are having problems with it in default setting which shouldnt happen

DreamsKnight
11-10-2017, 01:39
Shift looking cockpit lights, not the hud.

dault3883
11-10-2017, 01:47
Shift looking cockpit lights, not the hud.

there are hud shifting Lights? i didnt know that i always look at the wheel on the screen never at my wheel or the hud really

Tar Heel
11-10-2017, 02:29
That is when I first noticed it and it doesn't seem to matter what you do setup wise or driving wise the engine accumalates damage no matter what.

Tar Heel
11-10-2017, 02:30
No boost pressure or restrictor to adjust on the setup

3800racingfool
11-10-2017, 03:18
Took the ST for a spin tonight and yea, it accumulates engine damage. But the rate of accumulation really isn't that bad (especially compared to the R34 I previously mentioned). You could easily get through any real-life race length (~45min) without destroying it though, performance might be a bit degraded towards the end. And it'd make pitstops a pain unless you turn fixdamage off for the drivetrain.

Trippul G
11-10-2017, 04:20
Not sure that it's relevant but I just did a 30 minute race around COTA in the 911 GT3 Enduro, and had accumulated 14 engine damage by the end of the race. It seemed that whenever I hit redline and bounced off the limiter, however briefly, I picked up a point of damage. Not sure how much this affected my laptimes, as it seemed tire wear more than anything contributed to to that.

Zenzic
11-10-2017, 08:23
I'm not sure this actually impacts performance. Yesterday I drove the 30 minute race at Algarve and the horsepower (see telemetry hud) being produced at redline stayed the same even though my engine had 20% damage by the end of the race.

DreamsKnight
11-10-2017, 15:10
there are hud shifting Lights? i didnt know that i always look at the wheel on the screen never at my wheel or the hud really

yes, the hud, the circle one on the right, became red at some point, but never match the real car shift point. i see a lot of drivers destroying engines driving the same car i have in the same moment without iusses, and usually they don't look cockpit lights. also rev sounds are not the best and not so intuitive to have a good shifting point (at least before today's patch).

Tar Heel
20-04-2018, 03:42
I notice that the Lambo Super Trofeo's engine is still picking damage up after just a lap or two without any extreme set ups. Will this be addressed in a future patch?