PDA

View Full Version : Pitstops more automatic please!!!

ProDriver
10-10-2017, 06:58
We make races for about 50 laps and with random weather.

All of us has some strategies predefined to use, but is so difficult to modify the strategy during the race. Here you have an example:

https://youtu.be/Uh3evpQhwcI?t=55m12s

I needed to wait in front of my mechanics to change the hole strategy for do a well pit stop, what was so time spend. The drivers work is to drive, as quick as possible, and the engineers and mechanics do the rest.

For instance:

- If i have a wing damage, my mechanics should change it without doubts, or the engineer ask me if I want to change it in the next pit stop.

- If the tyres are leaving me, the same.

- If it start to rain, I need my five senses in driving as well as possible, I cant pay attention to the menu to change the tyres, its raining!!! my pit wall should suggest me if I want to change the tyres to a raining compound.

- If the fuel is not enough to finish the race, they must suggest how many laps of fuel I want to put, I cant calculate the litres I need if the average consumption is 3.5 litres per race and has to pit because I had damage the suspension.

Yes I want to drive and yes I want to have the control of the strategies, for that reason, It would be a good issue if, when I order a pitstop, or when the game suggest me a pitstop because I had broken something, the engineer ask me that kind of basics changes and I only have to press "Yes" or "No" during the in lap.

maxx69
10-10-2017, 07:18
Can't believe how simple pit stops have been made in GTS , so easy to pick tires and correct fuel , it's fool proof .
Pick change / not to change and what type , pick fuel or not to fuel and click stop filling when you have enough laps worth in the tank ......simples

ProDriver
10-10-2017, 07:49
In F1 2017 which is the copy of the engineer menu you can change easily that kinds of basics adjustemnts. Yes, I know that this game is more biger and has things that other dont, but for that reason, we need to do the basic stuffs easyly.

Ashleyqprw12
11-10-2017, 15:27
I like your suggestion! The engineer is great help with set up's so hopefully something that can be added for pit stop as a feature turned on/off like the spotter? It's difficult to focus on lines when you want to calculate how much fuel needs to be added if your forced to make unplanned stops

ProDriver
11-10-2017, 15:56
I like your suggestion! The engineer is great help with set up's so hopefully something that can be added for pit stop as a feature turned on/off like the spotter? It's difficult to focus on lines when you want to calculate how much fuel needs to be added if your forced to make unplanned stops

I had another suggestion which could be more easy to implement for SMS (I dont know) because is only another distribution of the ICM menu, and is better for us, drivers. Please have a look:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55021-In-car-management-changes

jenslaursen89
15-10-2017, 17:41
On ps4 you don't even have the oppurtunity to change things great when you are doing a race and it starts to snow and you can't change tires!!!! Shitty game...