PDA

View Full Version : Rolling Start!

ecstaticbrick
10-10-2017, 07:33
No, This is not Daytona USA related :-(

Anyone else having issues with rolling starts? Last corner before the start line, the rest of the grid floor it but I have to stay under 75 or get a drive through or they blatantly overtake me when I am on pole!

wildstylez88
10-10-2017, 08:27
every rolling start i get in general the car jumps and everybody always gets better acceleration than me
i've noticed the brakes on my car glow orange soon as the lights go green and the car jumps

Sankyo
10-10-2017, 08:36
No, This is not Daytona USA related :-(

Anyone else having issues with rolling starts? Last corner before the start line, the rest of the grid floor it but I have to stay under 75 or get a drive through or they blatantly overtake me when I am on pole!

Are you referring to online or offline races?

klysm
10-10-2017, 09:42
Rolling start with AI ist totally broken:
AI cars overtaking me on last corner or bumping in my rear and i get a penalty.

ecstaticbrick
10-10-2017, 15:24
Are you referring to online or offline races?

Offline career. The AI always jump the start and I have to stick to the speed limit or get a drive through.

Trooper117
10-10-2017, 15:28
Yep, same here... they constantly ram me from behind, even though I'm sticking to the mandatory 75mph limit... if I go over that speed to stop them from crashing me I get an immediate penalty.
It's pretty much FUBAR I'm afraid.

ecstaticbrick
10-10-2017, 15:57
If it is a limitation of the AI then maybe standing starts should be an option, regardless of the realism.

msmith792
10-10-2017, 16:43
I haven't found a good solution. Rolling starts put me at the back as you mentioned. Standing starts in tin top cars and I get smashed from the back on the race start. I dunno. Must be a better way.

LMR TopSecret
10-10-2017, 16:48
Be a hero and don’t Qualify in first but just win the race knowing you’re faster than the AI

Sankyo
10-10-2017, 17:37
AI starting issues are addressed in the upcoming patch. Will ask about jumping the start, though.

Eric Rowland
10-10-2017, 18:26
I did a short race at Bathurst in the Ford Falcon last night. Selected rolling start and 3..,2..,1.., was given control right in the middle of the last corner when all AI cars were unleashed. They were all hard on the throttle while I was just trying to get the car turned. Very problematic....It would be nice if control was relinquished before or after the corner.......

ecstaticbrick
10-10-2017, 20:00
I managed to qualify 1st in a race earlier today and by the time the lights went green I was 11th. The AI just shot straight past me. The speed limit obviously doesn't apply to them.

Shouldn't they technically be getting disqualified if they overtake me before green?

ecstaticbrick
11-10-2017, 19:00
No change after patch 2.0. Hopefully it will get looked at and fixed soon. It is very frustrating having to keep restarting races due to drive through penalties!!!