PDA

View Full Version : 2 short questions: Red (no)Bull Ring and mandatory pitstop

nonomnismoriar
10-10-2017, 11:09
Hello,

First of all thanks to Ian Bell and the whole team for making this great game! Got the collectors edition and love playing it with my rift - I'm sure you'll get the few bugs sorted out so that it'll be perfect.

Just have 2 questions I couldn't find an answer to in the forums:

1.) After hours of test-driving every single car on my "home-track" my little son asked me where the Bull on the ring is and I told him that it's there - in the middle of the ring, where it is in real life (we've been there together already a few times)..... just to wonder seconds later, as I finally looked for myself, that it isn't there. So, no gamebraking bug or so for me but I just wanted to know why it has been left out?
---> So this has been answered by Ian Bell in another thread - it's a licence problem. OK with that, at least the ring made it into the game, that's what counts!

2.) When I start a "timed" race the option for a mandatory pitstop is not selectable and greyed out. If I set the race duration to "rounds" I can switch the mandatory pitstop to "yes". If it hasn't already been noticed, please change this - if it's already on the todo-list everything is fine.

Greetings,
Steve

satco1066
10-10-2017, 13:42
you're right . It's gone
Maybe visiting some cows beneath :rolleyes:

Lilfurbal
10-10-2017, 21:16
Lol, the Bull is an odd omission. Codemasters F1 2016 / 2017 seems to have it :)

Alan Dallas
12-10-2017, 00:37
You should be watching the road... not gawping at statues. :p

satco1066
12-10-2017, 01:00
naah. In my first comment i was kidding.
He is right. We all want as much realism as possible. And this Iron Bull is the landmark of the Red Bull Ring.
What would you say, if you buy a game placed in Las Vegas where there is no "Welcome to Fabolus Las Vegas" sign, no Luxor, no Belaggioe etc.
Or LeMans w/o the well known timing tower. You would complaint too.

nonomnismoriar
12-10-2017, 07:16
Just read in another thread that it's a licence problem and Ian Bell stated that they had the Bull already modeled - sad but at least we can drive the track, that's ok for me. :D

But the other question with the mandatory pitstop still remains - and as I have seen yesterday it's still the same after the patch. I know it can't be all done in 2 small and one bigger patch but I just wanted to know if it's on the list or if it's intended to be this way?

Marlborofranz
12-10-2017, 07:51
Ian Bell stated in another thread that there were "issues" and they are not allowed to talk about it. The statue is definitely not there and there is a good reason for it. Not the dev's fault...

Ah, too late. :P

whip
12-10-2017, 07:54
perhaps the bull is licenced by the brand and not the track

TopAirspace
12-10-2017, 08:01
I'm not a betting man, but if i had to bet I'd say that the Bulls absence has alot to do with another studio and their new game Formula One 2010.7 :p