PDA

View Full Version : G29 owners - please suggest ffb settings.

AndysonofBob
10-10-2017, 12:41
Not sure if this is the right place to put this. By all means move this thread.

I have tried a couple of settings but so far I feel Raw is best. Gain 100, Volume 50. I keep tweaking the other two settings. I think I agree with people who say having a high volume seems to reduce the deadzone but at the cost of clipping. I have tried a couple of custom settings but always revert back to Raw.

What I want to be able to feel is what the tires are doing - loosing grip, shifting weight etc. I am less interested in the texture of the road and bumps seem to be obvious enough without buffing them.

What settings are people using and why?

Thanks!

Kebabfelix
10-10-2017, 13:13
https://sv.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/723wdy/how_to_get_great_ffb_in_project_cars_2_with_a/

hkraft300
10-10-2017, 13:44
I'm not having an "ffb deadzone" issue.
It's not a deadzone. There's plenty going on, depending on what and where you're driving. Some cars have a fairly numb steering feel (Cayman GT4, personally) and some are talkative (F50GT, 365, Ginetta LMP3).

I turn the volume down a bit because I like the high speed/load detail that gets clipped otherwise.

From memory what you're asking for is a tone adjustment, for increased tire feel. Can't remember though which way you'd shift it.

My settings below. I find it a nice balance for prototypes and gt cars (GT4 cars might need more volume).

MisterBronze
10-10-2017, 14:07
I have a G920 (on PC) so presume would be the same?

I currently use Custom with Jack Spade Standard Low Comp with a tweak of setting (tighten output 0.12 0.06). Thanks to CamelTotem on the AC Forums for that tweak.

Although everywhere I have read it states to keep the Gain at 100 I have found it makes a big positive difference to reduce. So I have the below currently set:

Gain - 86
Volume - 40
Tone - 60
FX 20
Menu - 0.10

I feel there is likely more tweaking to be had but the feel is good and I want to get playing. Tweaking too much drives me nuts! I'm used to AC and more recently rF2 and these setting bring it closer to what I have in those..IMO.

AndysonofBob
10-10-2017, 14:59
Thanksyou!

I am coming from AC too.

@Mister Bronze
Why the standard one over the alt. Doesn't the Standard Jack Spade just add artificial road noise? Thanks for the tweak suggestion. I will try that too.

ShneebnaMRR108
10-10-2017, 15:11
I normally don't use this setting unless I'm in a lobby with more than 8 people, or using AI with more than 8.
G920 will have excessive wobble and chatter while in a larger lobby or with many AI.
INF
Gain 57
Vol 30
Tone 52
Fx 0
Not much feeling, but it won't wreck your wheel while in a big lobby. Smaller lobby's are not as bad on the wheel.

AndysonofBob
10-10-2017, 15:31
I normally don't use this setting unless I'm in a lobby with more than 8 people, or using AI with more than 8.
G920 will have excessive wobble and chatter while in a larger lobby or with many AI.
INF
Gain 57
Vol 30
Tone 52
Fx 0
Not much feeling, but it won't wreck your wheel while in a big lobby. Smaller lobby's are not as bad on the wheel.

No way!? Why would the number of people in a lobby affect ffb?

MisterBronze
10-10-2017, 16:12
Thanksyou!

I am coming from AC too.

@Mister Bronze
Why the standard one over the alt. Doesn't the Standard Jack Spade just add artificial road noise? Thanks for the tweak suggestion. I will try that too.

I was using the alt low and then decided to try all the others again when he released v1.1. I can't remember any particular reason for settling on Standard, it just felt ok. I might go back and try alt again actually. The main recent revelation has been the reduction of the Gain.

ShneebnaMRR108
10-10-2017, 22:49
No way!? Why would the number of people in a lobby affect ffb?

It's actually happening. Some points were made here that explains some of how it may be happening.

* some global variable issue? (additive effect of amplitude?) => no noticeable effect could be observed over ~10 laps
* pattern caused by opponents? => e.g. when opponent hits curbs, erroneous triggering of FFB for the player? => does appear when no opponent is hitting curbs
* simplified physics calculations when number of cars increases? => unlikely. when pattern was not observed, caddy/its physics felt "normal"
* lower number of game loop passes due to more cars to consider for calculations?

It kind of makes sense since if you bump another car you feel it and if another car bumps you you feel it. So it's all additive. And the more cars on track the stronger the effect.

ShneebnaMRR108
10-10-2017, 22:54
Will check later to see if the effect is any less with Raw settings.

hkraft300
10-10-2017, 23:18
So, just looking at the ffb menu. Increased Tone gives more tire slip feel but less surface detail. Increased FX gives more road surface/bump feel. So, I just increased both to compensate and it feels good!
95 40 60 55

AndysonofBob
11-10-2017, 16:14
Awesome!

So, I actually think I like the RAW settings best

BUT

I want to tweak the 'tighten output' setting to (0.12 0.06) because that defo made a world of difference for my G29.

Does anyone know how to do this? Use the RAW as a baseline and then tweak one of its settings?

Thanks again!

Is this possible?

Kebabfelix
11-10-2017, 16:27
https://sv.reddit.com/r/pcars/comments/723wdy/how_to_get_great_ffb_in_project_cars_2_with_a/

chris99
11-10-2017, 17:24
Awesome!

So, I actually think I like the RAW settings best

BUT

I want to tweak the 'tighten output' setting to (0.12 0.06) because that defo made a world of difference for my G29.

Does anyone know how to do this? Use the RAW as a baseline and then tweak one of its settings?

Thanks again!

Is this possible?
I'd like to know this as well without having to use J Spade files

hkraft300
11-10-2017, 22:12
Don't forget to play with the caster angle too in suspension setup.
Will make a big difference to the feel.

zolacat999
11-10-2017, 22:23
So far i've just been using standard informative, might swap to Raw and try out a few of the suggested settings

AndysonofBob
12-10-2017, 07:06
Can't access reddit. :(

Any chance you could do some copy and pasting please?

Brett_NZ
12-10-2017, 07:12
Sounds like these settings are for Pc Users