PDA

View Full Version : GT3 Cars around Spa

Loopdreams
10-10-2017, 14:21
Just hoping someone can clue me in a bit. I'm usually ok, not great but ok and can get to within a second or two of anyone's time all other things being equal. However I tried a couple of races around Spa last night, everyone in the 488 Ferraris. I was doing 2:26s I think and it really didn't feel like there was too much more time to get, a second or two conceivably. But there was someone at the front lapping about six seconds quicker. I didn't think to save the replay but is there some sort of exploit on this track? A corner that can be cut without penalty or something? Or some car setup that could account for that kind of difference? Or am I just rubbish? I know it's a long lap but it felt miles away.

Dev Nibor
10-10-2017, 14:38
hmmm, I was in a lobby last sunday with default setups, and some guys were driving a couple of seconds below 2:20s
Some guys are just blazingly fast I'm afraid.

Giubba
10-10-2017, 16:51
hi, i think they re legit lap times. im around 2.20 w f488 with no tyre wear and fuel weight. cheers

Loopdreams
11-10-2017, 05:44
Ah, well in that case I just wish that the time trials in this game weren't so pathetic and broken so that I could see where people are gaining so much time.

b1sakher
11-10-2017, 13:09
i'm at 2m27 using a stock 488 GT3.

AbeWoz
11-10-2017, 13:16
gotta run low-aero. just just enough to get through ER and Blancimont. You can gain more time being fast in S1 and S3 than you can being fast in S2. Plus its easier to pass on the straights than it is in the corners.

Loopdreams
11-10-2017, 13:31
Thanks man. I'll take some wing off and try again. I always feel like I'm losing time through Pouhon, never can seem to find a consistently fast line through there. And I can't seem to take Eau Rouge or Blancimont without lifting a bit even with the stock setup.

AbeWoz
11-10-2017, 13:42
the track in pCARS2 doesnt have the extended pavement right before blancimont that allows you to swing out for a flatter entry. I even have to crack the throttle in the GTE (better tires + aero) cars.

Ashleyqprw12
11-10-2017, 15:22
I like you am amazed at some if the times people set! With lots of practice I managed a flukey low 2.21 but over a race it's usually mid 24's to be consistent and not over do it an end up in the wall! Keep at it you'll find the time, do you watch your replay? With chase cam on this really helps me see where I can find an extra metre or so of track and therefore carry more speed

Alex1996
12-10-2017, 05:27
Try also to use stiffer suspensions, sometimes it helps me.
Then look at the fuel level, it has always made a big difference in my experience.

Tom_2475221
12-10-2017, 09:36
I'm from Belgium and given spa is our home race I love racing on it so so much.
Using the ps4 controller, authentic settings and knowing the circuit like my back pocket, I'm also doing laptimes around 2:24.

So I also think those are more or less realistic lap times perhaps depending on difficulty settings.

Took a moment to search the time table of this years 24h qualifying session:

Here's the link for those who like it ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NngvoKYQ3eA

blinkngone
12-10-2017, 20:13
Things don't seem so broken on PC.

Loopdreams
13-10-2017, 05:30
Things don't seem so broken on PC.
Unsurprising. Just about ready to give up on this complete mess of a game. It's clear that the console version was an afterthought. Same problems that blighted the first game. Total joke.

Ashleyqprw12
13-10-2017, 13:08
Unsurprising. Just about ready to give up on this complete mess of a game. It's clear that the console version was an afterthought. Same problems that blighted the first game. Total joke.

A bit extreme don't you think? Professionals are doing 2:18s... You are angry you can't do the same on a game? It takes practice and a lot of time and patience! I'm not naturally fast, I tend to stick to circuits I have driven I'm real life as I have a better idea of lines to start off but then I spend ages watching replays for the exact frame I brake to them try stop 10 metres later next time or turn in later etc..

PC guys doing 2:16s... Impressive maybe to fast if professionals can't but again with time patience and practice and also a pause restart and not burst into flames option maybe it would work IRL also?

Are you using a wheel or controller?

Loopdreams
13-10-2017, 13:38
I'm not angry because I'm not as fast as others, that doesn't bother me at all now I know that the times are legit. I'm angry because it doesn't bloody work properly and is just generally a fairly shoddy mess, even post patch. On the PC version, which it has been stated is several builds ahead, the leaderboards let you download ghosts and setups of the same car you're using. The functionality appears to be there on the PS4 but it is broken, it took two patches before even that most basic of functions, seeing your own ghost, even worked. It was the same on the first game and should obviously have been fixed in the intervening years as should the lag in multiplayer and other issues that render most attempts at racing others to be a farce.

AbeWoz
13-10-2017, 14:05
Console testing was done by a third party, not SMS (this has been brought up in numerous threads before). I'm not 100% sure on the reasoning behind this, but it probably has something to do with availability/access to PS4 and XB1 dev kits. Also, I would bet that Bandai has some contractual agreement with various companies to do the QA testing on their console games. SMS is doing all they can to address the console issues, but it takes time as well as the 2-4week 'approval' process from Sony and Microsoft to publish the patches. PC patches can be pushed out extremely quick thanks to Steam.

EDIT: Sorry for the OT.

Back to Spa, you can also go to Blancpain's webiste and see timing results for all their races and sessions from years past. Same with FIA and IMSA.
FIA: http://fiawec.alkamelsystems.com/
IMSA: http://results.imsa.com/

Just filter by year and track/event and can compare all the times you want.

Loopdreams
13-10-2017, 14:14
Here's the thing, though. I don't care. I don't care because nowhere in the pre-release hype or advertising was it stated that I was buying a half-tested beta version that might work properly after a few months of patching.

Ashleyqprw12
13-10-2017, 20:03
Works fine for me..? Haven't tried using ghosts etc but then you can't in real life... I just study my replays to improve, I think it works great? I hope you can find a way to enjoy it soon

Loopdreams
14-10-2017, 07:52
Works fine? If you aren't still encountering numerous bugs then I think you're playing a different game. And yes, there are loads of fun things that you can do in racing games that you can't do in real life. Having a sort of asynchronous race with someone else's time is one of those and hardly some new innovation that one might reasonably expect to not work properly in a new game. tbh I'm getting a bit tired of the attitude from the developers who sometimes come off like we should be grateful that they even deigned to make the game available to lowly console peasants in the first place.

Ian Bell
14-10-2017, 07:54

Thread closed.

We're not a complete mess of a game because you're slow.