PDA

View Full Version : AI drive like Grandad in the rain

NeilsOnWheels
10-10-2017, 19:21
I'm in Group A for Career mode and just finished a wet race. I qualified at the back of the grid on a dry track. Come race day it's raining. I then lap 30 secs a lap faster and after 15 laps, I've lapped the field 3 times to win.
I was smart enough to put on wet tyres before the race, maybe the AI were on slicks?

Is there an in balance with the AI on wet tracks?

Neil

Roger Prynne
10-10-2017, 19:49
What AI settings did you have?

taz1004
10-10-2017, 21:35
What AI settings did you have?

I believe he's referring to relative strength of AI between dry and wet in same AI strength. I experienced it too. Race turned into rain from qualifying to race and thought it'll be tougher but was actually much easier because AI were too slow. I don't want to readjust AI strength everytime weather changes.

John Hargreaves
10-10-2017, 21:42
Best enjoy it while it lasts, Grandadbot might be away at race driver school, and when he gets back he might whup our asses :dejection:

Bealdor
10-10-2017, 21:44
AI consistency will be constantly improved over the next patches and is already a big focus point of patch 2.

z3r0cool77
10-10-2017, 22:32
Invitational, track special, UK lightweight track challenge, KTM xbow, 6 laps in the fog and rain. The 2 races I raced them in career in the rain (although the silverstone ginetta jr race that ends in heavy rain was quite tricky) I had no problems but this event is no joke. The hydroplane is real. A custom tune and some heavy practice might help but first time out I got tore up.

Purg
10-10-2017, 23:05
I race at 100% and before the last mini patch, the AI were painfully slow. It may be car/track dependent but after the patch their speed improved greatly and are only a second or so off my times.

z3r0cool77
10-10-2017, 23:13
Ai on generally are being heavily adjusted by track and conditions if I'm not mistaken. I've been running the ginetta jr career at 80% just to compare it to the difficulty of gt5 career and I'm regulary 2-4 seconds a lap faster than the ai. None the less, at that event at 80% ai they easily wiped the floor with me. (On xbox one so that may make some dif as well)

NeilsOnWheels
10-10-2017, 23:26
Invitational, track special, UK lightweight track challenge, KTM xbow, 6 laps in the fog and rain. The 2 races I raced them in career in the rain (although the silverstone ginetta jr race that ends in heavy rain was quite tricky) I had no problems but this event is no joke. The hydroplane is real. A custom tune and some heavy practice might help but first time out I got tore up.

Yep, I did that Ginetta race, it was quite fun actually. I also went off badly in those big puddles.

dbr93
11-10-2017, 00:00
I also report group 5 (Imola and old Hockenheim)
Ai 120 aggressivity 100 and i'm around 10 seconds faster for lap
Imola is in Carrer, Hockenheim also (Porsche invite)