PDA

View Full Version : Nurburgring Sprint GT4 BOP Testing

blinkngone
10-10-2017, 23:32
Hi, we are going to test at Nurburgring Sprint, the cars already there are in the low 1:35's and it looks as though the low drag advantage of the Cayman will be somewhat negated at this track. Off we go, join in if you have time.

blinkngone
11-10-2017, 20:32
We are kind of working in the dark. If someone from XBOX1 and PS4 could look up the TT times for the WRs of the Cayman, Aston Martin, KTM and Ginetta at Nurburgring Sprint I would appreciate it. The BOP would affect all platforms, I have read that sometimes the console TT times are quicker than PC so I would just appreciate the information if possible.

blinkngone
11-10-2017, 23:30
Ok, here is where we are Ginetta vs Cayman. About half the gap that we had at Silverstone National with cpcdem driving in both cases, he thinks there is more he can do with the Ginetta so the gap might get closer which would be good. I don't know about you but 3 tenths(if it holds) would seem to be good racing. The issue is if the Cayman always wins in qualifying then you need to have a better strategy for pitting during a race.

Ravager619
11-10-2017, 23:51
I started working on a setup for the Mustang based on the default Loose setup. It's still a work in progress, but in practice mode I can get in the mid 1:37s so far. Honestly, I think I need more time to get used to the track itself before I attempt anything in TT.

blinkngone
12-10-2017, 00:04
I started working on a setup for the Mustang based on the default Loose setup. It's still a work in progress, but in practice mode I can get in the mid 1:37s so far. Honestly, I think I need more time to get used to the track itself before I attempt anything in TT.

Thanks Ravager! I haven't had any time for the Fords yet so any help is appreciated. Just an FYI at this track you need more camber than you had at Silverstone National so you might want to start there. Use your National set up and start by adding.3 to .4 to the front and .2 rear and see if that helps. Also that first right at the end of the straight is one of the hardest braking corners in the game so you need to practice that. I've seen many of the pros in real life blow that corner over and over and mostly they just run out of bounds but you can't in TT. Take your time, this is also supposed to be fun. Sorry about the track choice messing you up but that's how we learn. I went to Daytona Road Course today and my first attempt I was last in the C7.R.:cool:

Oh, just set your tire pressures really low, like 1.00 bar, they never heat up, that's possibly why you don't have confidence yet. This track is cooler.

blinkngone
12-10-2017, 02:22
Hey Ravager, try out my Aston Martin set up, it drives nice and it could help you become more familiar with the track, usually the 2nd lap is quicker so you can ease into it.

blinkngone
12-10-2017, 02:44
THANKS SLOSKIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ravager619
12-10-2017, 04:00

Repeat after me. The Ford Mustang RTR GT4 is not a pig. I think what really helped me was learning how to take that first turn at the end of the front straight. I learned that you cannot roll into that turn. The 'Stang seemed to like it if I was slightly on the throttle in second gear. I also learned that you can take that last chicane as if you were racing with the Ford Falcon FG.

Below is the setup I created. I just took the Loose setup and made a few changes here and there.

For the fuel level, I had it at 15L so I could get in about five laps and see how it felt before making changes. Have fun with it!

cpcdem
12-10-2017, 07:05
THANKS SLOSKIMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great lap! Can't help it, I will make an attempt to better the time :)
Won't be easy, but the KTM is such a pleasure to drive now..

Edit: Dropped the time a few tenths, also the Porsche's time a bit, using your setup for this track. I'm getting similar times now with both the KTM and the Cayman, but I think this is mainly due to setup, for the KTM your setup suits me perfectly and is giving me probably more than a second, while for the Cayman I only gained 2-3 tenths. I think that only a faster guy who can adjust setups exactly to his own liking can show the true difference between the cars.

blinkngone
12-10-2017, 08:54

Repeat after me. The Ford Mustang RTR GT4 is not a pig. I think what really helped me was learning how to take that first turn at the end of the front straight. I learned that you cannot roll into that turn. The 'Stang seemed to like it if I was slightly on the throttle in second gear. I also learned that you can take that last chicane as if you were racing with the Ford Falcon FG.

Below is the setup I created. I just took the Loose setup and made a few changes here and there.

For the fuel level, I had it at 15L so I could get in about five laps and see how it felt before making changes. Have fun with it!

Thanks Ravager, if you have some time would you be able to help with the 302?

blinkngone
12-10-2017, 10:10
Great lap! Can't help it, I will make an attempt to better the time :)
Won't be easy, but the KTM is such a pleasure to drive now..

Edit: Dropped the time a few tenths, also the Porsche's time a bit, using your setup for this track. I'm getting similar times now with both the KTM and the Cayman, but I think this is mainly due to setup, for the KTM your setup suits me perfectly and is giving me probably more than a second, while for the Cayman I only gained 2-3 tenths. I think that only a faster guy who can adjust setups exactly to his own liking can show the true difference between the cars.

Thanks cpcdem! Are you sure you are using my set ups? For the Cayman I didn't spend much time on the set up, just wanted to make a run and find out why the Caymans appear to be having problems here. I am thinking it's just people don't know the track very well, the first turn is hard to master and you can easily lose 1 second through the chicane.

Yes the fast guys who can adjust their setups perfectly have an advantage, they are the aliens. That is why it is so difficult to do a BOP. Right now, with the tracks I have tried, I don't see how you can beat a Cayman with another of the cars in GT4 unless the Cayman driver wrecks(which is possible, it's somewhat unstable) or your pit strategy is superior. It's like F1 last year when Rosberg and Hamilton wrecked at Catalunya and Verstappen won, otherwise it was complete dominance by Mercedes. In F1 you can easily see a Qualifying spread of 2.5 seconds between the teams/drivers. That's what we are seeing here in GT4 in the few tracks we have run. So PCars 2 GT4 is currently as well balanced as real life Formula One. What do people want? The advantage here is that you are not forced to drive the Sauber(BMW/Ford) because that team is paying you to drive their car but you can choose the Mercedes(Cayman) or Ferrari(Ginetta/KTM).

cpcdem
12-10-2017, 11:50
Yeah, I am using your setups, why do you think that maybe I am not? I am just making minor adjustments, to stuff like brake pressure and bias, TC and ABS, sometimes the diff as well. But other things like suspension or tire pressures I don't touch them, I haven't found out how they work in PC2. In PC1 it was easy with tire pressures, just put those that make temps go around 90C, but in PC2 it is not that easy. I think it's better that they are more sophisticated, just haven't figured out the pattern how they work yet!

About what you say about BOP, coincidentally I just had an online race with the GT4s (great fun btw, I think I'll prefer that to GT3s from now on) at Spa. I used the KTM, people with Caymans were destroying me in the straights, but I was usually pulling out in the corners and as you said many crashed as well, because the Porsche is more difficult to handle. I agree, it is great that cars are very different, it results to more interesting races. Maybe the KTM needs a little bit more straight line speed though :)

blinkngone
12-10-2017, 12:09
Yeah, I am using your setups, why do you think that maybe I am not? I am just making minor adjustments, to stuff like brake pressure and bias, TC and ABS, sometimes the diff as well. But other things like suspension or tire pressures I don't touch them, I haven't found out how they work in PC2. In PC1 it was easy with tire pressures, just put those that make temps go around 90C, but in PC2 it is not that easy. I think it's better that they are more sophisticated, just haven't figured out the pattern how they work yet!

About what you say about BOP, coincidentally I just had an online race with the GT4s (great fun btw, I think I'll prefer that to GT3s from now on) at Spa. I used the KTM, people with Caymans were destroying me in the straights, but I was usually pulling out in the corners and as you said many crashed as well, because the Porsche is more difficult to handle. I agree, it is great that cars are very different, it results to more interesting races. Maybe the KTM needs a little bit more straight line speed though :)

Sorry, I am just having so many set up issues myself I was wondering if you are actually getting mine. Sometimes I feel I don't.

blinkngone
12-10-2017, 18:35
Hey cpcdem and Sloskimo, if you guys have time take a run at Nurburgring Mullenbach. Don't change your Sprint setups just do enough laps to get a good time without restarting. The KTM was easy to drive here and may be able to bury the Cayman. Anyone else wanting to get revenge on the Cayman please join in.;)

cpcdem
12-10-2017, 23:22
Hey cpcdem and Sloskimo, if you guys have time take a run at Nurburgring Mullenbach. Don't change your Sprint setups just do enough laps to get a good time without restarting. The KTM was easy to drive here and may be able to bury the Cayman. Anyone else wanting to get revenge on the Cayman please join in.;)

Done, I could manage practically the same time with both the Cayman and the KTM. I think there's more potential left in the Cayman, but it's much easier to do consistent laps in this track with the KTM...

blinkngone
12-10-2017, 23:44
Ok thanks! I could try and set up the KTM, you are already faster with it than some people running GT3's. I'm going to take it as initial win for the KTM.:05.18-flustered: In a race there the consistency would probably pay off and the Cayman is going to get more difficult to control as the laps pile up. Maybe? Oh well, lets see if the KTM is easier for Sloskimo with his set up. I'll work on the set ups tomorrow. I'll look for another track where the KTM might be ok as well. Have a good day.

blinkngone
13-10-2017, 00:05
Oh, I did run a 49.157 at Brands Hatch Indy with the KTM a while back and the Cayman WR is 49.823 but I don't recognize the people and you might run a 42 with it. There is a Ginetta at 47.818 and I ran a 48.745, the Ginetta time I think is pretty good, I've looked at his records with the Ginetta at other tracks so I think the Cayman time is bad. I haven't done any set ups yet, just ran the old ones from Sprint.

cpcdem
13-10-2017, 00:36
I'll look for another track where the KTM might be ok as well. Have a good day.

Out of curiosity, I tried the Monaco GP circuit, managed good consistent laps with the KTM. With the Cayman it was more difficult of course, but when I did manage to get a good lap, it was clearly ahead of the KTM and there's plenty of potential still left in it. So in the hands of a very good driver, I think the Cayman is unbeatable everywhere.

Good day to you, too!

blinkngone
13-10-2017, 01:02
Yeah, I'm thinking Cup Car and leave the older cars to GT4, I don't see how you could/or would want to cripple the Cayman just so the older cars could compete. The problem is I think the KTM is new as well so this should be the best car to compete with it, maybe if it comes in second enough it could earn an upgrade to a bigger turbo like in Forza.

I don't understand this, In Pirelli World Challenge GTS/GT4 Martin Barkey is beating the Caymans with his X Bow, easily. I must be doing something wrong, I guess I have to dig into the dampers.

Here on the RED BULL RING the KTMs are 3.157 SECONDS behind the Caymans.

blinkngone
13-10-2017, 02:39
Hi cpcdem,

Check out this new differential for the KTM at Silverstone National, try it when you have a chance, I only made minor changes to the rest of the car like adjusting TC to 10 like you wanted.

Ravager619
13-10-2017, 04:01
Thanks Ravager, if you have some time would you be able to help with the 302?

I'm a little busy tonight and tomorrow, but I'll give it a go this weekend.

cpcdem
13-10-2017, 09:31
Check out this new differential for the KTM at Silverstone National, try it when you have a chance, I only made minor changes to the rest of the car like adjusting TC to 10 like you wanted.

Thanks, tried it, but unfortunately I did not notice much difference in practice. I think the less clutches should not have an effect, since both of the ramps are at 90 degrees, so only the less preload should have an effect, isn't that right?
I played a bit with the Geared LSD though, tried any values to both extreme ends and it seems that 2.5:1 and 3.5:1 feel better, but any case the differences are very subtle, I was always doing practically the exact same lap time.

blinkngone
13-10-2017, 09:42
Ok, thanks for trying. It helped me but I am not as fast as you are. I am creeping up on you slowwwly. Cut 0.5 out of my previous PB.

blinkngone
13-10-2017, 14:01
Hey cpcdem, if you get a chance could you test my BMW 320 TC for me at Silverstone National? I got it in the 59's. I tired to set it up like I was driving on ice, it's not fast but you hardly need any steering input which I think is what you want when there is no grip in a cold track. I don't know though I could set it up to go fast but then when you go low grip it would need to much steering input.

FYI Cluck ran his Cayman at Red Bull Ring National. There are some pretty good KTM times there. Maybe you should try my newest one from Silverstone National if you want to go.

cpcdem
13-10-2017, 16:55
Hey cpcdem, if you get a chance could you test my BMW 320 TC for me at Silverstone National? I got it in the 59's.

Yeah, I saw your discussion, will do that a little later and will report back. Always looking for a good excuse to try new cars :)

Edit: Done, got pole for 0.020 :) There's still plenty of time to gain, mostly in the two slow right corners. Had to bring brake bias way to the back, at 40/60, otherwise there was too much front wheel locking, making it impossible to brake and turn at the same time.

blinkngone
13-10-2017, 23:18
Thank you, I left you a Ferrari set up at Silverstone National, Audi R8(.322 quicker than default) too.

cpcdem
14-10-2017, 12:00
Thank you, I left you a Ferrari set up at Silverstone National, Audi R8(.322 quicker than default) too.

Thank you very much! First I wanted to try and build my own setup and try to beat your time, I think this is the only way to learn how to do it. After a 100 attempts, I finally managed to better you by a tenth! :)
I'll now try your setup as well and try to learn from it, how you did things. Thanks again!

blinkngone
14-10-2017, 12:16
Thank you very much! First I wanted to try and build my own setup and try to beat your time, I think this is the only way to learn how to do it. After a 100 attempts, I finally managed to better you by a tenth! :)
I'll now try your setup as well and try to learn from it, how you did things. Thanks again!

Shouldn't be a problem, you're a better driver.

cpcdem
14-10-2017, 12:21
Shouldn't be a problem, you're a better driver.

I think you've already bettered many of my records of the previous days, so... :)

I've had a quick look at your setup, feels different that what I had come up with, so I will need to get used to it to be fast with it. It's very interesting though that we've used completely different tire pressures and downforce levels, and still we both practically did the same lap time. Worth investigating...

blinkngone
14-10-2017, 12:39
I think you've already bettered many of my records of the previous days, so... :)

I've had a quick look at your setup, feels different that what I had come up with, so I will need to get used to it to be fast with it. It's very interesting though that we've used completely different tire pressures and downforce levels, and still we both practically did the same lap time. Worth investigating...

Sorry, I only did a few laps! If I tried to do a 100 runs I'd be in the emergency room. I just upped the front camber like I did on the Audi to see if it would work on more than 1 GT3 car(a test). Sorry, again I didn't check tire pressures and downforce really. I think the PC2 cars feel stiff. It might be due to the new suspension components(Transition) Casey added, I haven't looked into them yet so to try and get the front end to work for me upped camber. Have you started working on the transition components of the dampers already?

Oh, and why aren't you running the Corvette C7.R? Everyone knows it is much faster than the Ferrari.:cool:

blinkngone
14-10-2017, 13:09
Hi cpcdem, just added front downforce to 2 then 2 laps. Do you want me to post a Ferrari tuning thread?

drizzit
14-10-2017, 21:27
Hi Blinkngone!
I'm not a terribly good driver so probably not much help as I honestly cant tell what the difference between yours and the ingame stable setup is except that it felt good.... but managed to squeeze in at 12th place with your Cayman setup at Silverstone National which is pretty dmn good for me :)

https://i.gyazo.com/c91a05f030680d4d8cb833620800ff98.jpg

blinkngone
14-10-2017, 23:07
Hi drizzit, congratulations!:cool: I'm glad you liked it. I really didn't spend a lot of time on the set up because there are already so many fast Caymans. The more people develop the Caymans the worse it is for the other cars in GT4. I spend more of my time on the KTM X Bow which should be more competitive with the Cayman but so far it isn't working out. If you have some time take my KTM for a spin at Silverstone National and let me know what you think. I only have half the downforce to try and get closer to the Cayman, I will have to take all the downforce off eventually to have a chance.

drizzit
14-10-2017, 23:52
I'll definetly give it a try tomorrow :)

cpcdem
15-10-2017, 00:51
Have you started working on the transition components of the dampers already?

Well, I am still not feeling any difference at all when I am adjusting tire pressures or springs, so dampers are something waaaaaay into the future for me to look into :)

About the Ferrari, yeah, of course if you think you can improve it, it would be great, thanks! I am using it in online races as it is easy to be consistent with, only problem I think it has it is a little understeery. I tried improving that by adjusting rollbars, but didn't have much success so far. Only diffs seemed to help a little bit, but made it more unstable. About the Corvette, yeah I would like to try all cars, but you can only do so many things in 24 hours :)

Ravager619
15-10-2017, 01:27
I tried working on a setup for the Mustang Boss 302 for a little bit tonight... not a fan of this car as of yet. I'll keep working on it during the weekend, but I'll be shocked if I can get this thing to handle like the RTR.

Ravager619
15-10-2017, 02:26
I tried and I can't get the car to run a full lap without spinning out no matter what I do. I'm going to say no on the Boss 302 on this track.

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 09:15
I tried and I can't get the car to run a full lap without spinning out no matter what I do. I'm going to say no on the Boss 302 on this track.
Ok, thanks Ravager. In PC1 the 302R was easy to set up and was competitive with the other cars so maybe it is adversely affected by the new physics/tire model.
A couple of tracks I was looking at are Nurburgring Mullenbach and Mojave Sidewinder if you want to start setting up the RTR there, thanks.

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 13:02
Hi cpcdem, I have a set up for you to try. I am trying to meet your new criteria for testing. It's difficult, some days my arms and legs don't work well. In case you aren't aware you a really good driver. For me to beat you is nearly impossible but I managed. Hope you like it. This is where I am trying to reduce the understeer.

Ravager619
15-10-2017, 16:42
Ok, thanks Ravager. In PC1 the 302R was easy to set up and was competitive with the other cars so maybe it is adversely affected by the new physics/tire model.
A couple of tracks I was looking at are Nurburgring Mullenbach and Mojave Sidewinder if you want to start setting up the RTR there, thanks.

Mojave Sidewinder? I loved running that track with the Ford Falcon FG in PC1. I'll work on that with the RTR today and report back.

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 16:58
Mojave Sidewinder? I loved running that track with the Ford Falcon FG in PC1. I'll work on that with the RTR today and report back.

Cool, I think the new physics and tire model are good there, not so much loose cresting the hill any more and easier to get into the tunnel.

Ravager619
15-10-2017, 18:52

I just completed a good testing session at Mojave Sidewinder with the Ford Mustang RTR GT4. I set a really good time in Time Trial, but I do have a few concerns. The car does get a little loose at the top of some of the hills so you have to go 2/3 throttle and keep the car pointed in the right direction so you don't lose any time or momentum. This also holds true for the turn before the tunnel and the final turn when you downshift. Also, I noticed I'm the only person who has tested a GT4 car and I didn't beat that one Porsche Cayman by much. Is this car still in the ballpark once someone tests other GT4 cars on that track?

Below are cropped screenshots of the setup I used. I started with my Nurburgring Sprint setup and made a few tweaks along the way. IMHO, I think this is a good starting point but it could be fine tuned for certain parts of the track.

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 20:10
Thanks Ravager! I ran the Cayman and 2 others did as well. I was hoping the Cayman would fall on it's face here but it looks like it's in the low 1:04's without much set up and you have the fastest time set so far. I also ran the KTM in the 1:05's. If you like this track I am ok with running the GT4's here for the next track. This should have been the track with no straights that would bring the cars closer, so far with your run in the RTR it looks ok. Let me know.

Also, at one time didn't you have a problem with your setups saving? What did you do to fix it?

cpcdem
15-10-2017, 20:20
Hi cpcdem, I have a set up for you to try. I am trying to meet your new criteria for testing. It's difficult, some days my arms and legs don't work well. In case you aren't aware you a really good driver. For me to beat you is nearly impossible but I managed. Hope you like it. This is where I am trying to reduce the understeer.

Thanks, your setup feels very nice! No matter how much I tried though, I could not reach your time (or Sloskimo's, who posted a new best I see), those are very very good laps!
I think your driving is EXTREMELY good, despite the problems you're having. Are those problems due to the bike accidents?

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 20:38
Thanks, your setup feels very nice! No matter how much I tried though, I could not reach your time (or Sloskimo's, who posted a new best I see), those are very very good laps!
I think your driving is EXTREMELY good, despite the problems you're having. Are those problems due to the bike accidents?

Sorry cpcdem, I was trying to make a controllable oversteer car for you since I thought your concern was understeer. I know you are good enough to drive an oversteering car. Is what I set up still having too much understeer or no better than the last? Try the set up again by adding clutch plates until you get a different feel, I think I was at 2 default 6. No my problems come from a degenerative muscle control disease. Life is good.:cool:

drizzit
15-10-2017, 21:06
Hi drizzit, congratulations!:cool: I'm glad you liked it. I really didn't spend a lot of time on the set up because there are already so many fast Caymans. The more people develop the Caymans the worse it is for the other cars in GT4. I spend more of my time on the KTM X Bow which should be more competitive with the Cayman but so far it isn't working out. If you have some time take my KTM for a spin at Silverstone National and let me know what you think. I only have half the downforce to try and get closer to the Cayman, I will have to take all the downforce off eventually to have a chance.

I'm having serious problems keeping the backend in check with your setup I'm afraid, especially in the last corner. I feel it could probably be faster though I'm just not good enough to keep the lines needed yet....

Also tried cpcdem's setup and got my fastest time with that one, still cant beat my cayman time though as I probably could do a slightly better one with that too with more time/practice

https://i.gyazo.com/5c7116ab78e8e453285187d2503bb329.jpg

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 21:14
I'm having serious problems keeping the backend in check with your setup I'm afraid, especially in the last corner. I feel it could probably be faster though I'm just not good enough to keep the lines needed yet....

Also tried cpcdem's setup and got my fastest time with that one, still cant beat my cayman time though as I probably could do a slightly better one with that too with more time/practice

https://i.gyazo.com/5c7116ab78e8e453285187d2503bb329.jpg

Cool drizzit! Yeah cpcdem's set up is the old one. The new one(mine) is loose I set up for him, he can drive loose, that's why you were having the problem at the hairpin(Luffield Corner). We are thinking about trying Mojave Sidewinder, have you been there yet?

drizzit
15-10-2017, 21:28
Also did a couple laps with your 488 GT3, feels really good I just need lots of practice on that last corner.... lol

https://i.gyazo.com/9eadd3811a054c15b1ab65397227e88f.jpg

And no havent tried that track at all to be honest but I'll try get some practice in and drive some laps tomorrow (didnt have nearly as much time as I had hoped today) :)

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 21:41
Ok dizzit. My 488 is another loose car though. Try my Corvette C7.R at Sidewinder.

drizzit
15-10-2017, 21:42
Gave it a quick try with cpcdem's KTM setup and I have to say I really like this track, got a nice flow.

Not many times to compare it too yet but felt like I hit a pretty good one to start off, I'll give it more time tomorrow :)

https://i.gyazo.com/ac780db44f2c829eb69dd194930efb30.jpg

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 21:46
What? You blew my time away! Congratulations!:cool:

drizzit
15-10-2017, 21:56
Thank you lol, seriously unexpected but yea I like this track so far seems to fit me :D

Ok seriously last one for today I need sleep lol
Feels good but a bit loose for me but I'm not really used to both car and track so will report more tomorrow

https://i.gyazo.com/598cf81149ba0fd77016f76f1f2da0e8.jpg

I know I can shave some time there... I gained alot on you in first corner so if I can keep up with your on the rest its promising :)
More to come tomorrow, and thank you for your setups and encouragements!

cpcdem
15-10-2017, 22:58

This setup is (c) blinkngone! :) I think I had only made some minor adjustments to traction control/ABS settings.
Will be very hard to beat the Cayman, it looks to be faster in every single track.

blinkngone, no setup is good, it's just that the laptimes are already very good I think, it's hard to better them even more.

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 23:35
Cool drizzit, I hope you like the track.

Ok, I'll stop putting the year I was born in the TC, I just assumed everyone would want their own number anyway, same for ABS. Yeah the Cayman is looking bad especially when Cluck and his flock hit the track with it. They have already destroyed Knockhill and Red Bull Ring. The other cars are 2 to 3.75 seconds back.

Cpcdem, sorry, I'll try again with the Ferrari. Is it still too stable? Do you want more rear steering? Front end still too stiff?

blinkngone
16-10-2017, 01:05
Hey Sloskimo and cpcdem. The KTM at Mojave Sidewinder is maxed at 2.0 camber and the other cars have more?? In PC1 I remember this as a high camber track and sure enough AM (2.8,2.8), BMW(3.0,2.6),RTR(3.0,2.5), Ginetta(3.0,3.2),KTM(2.5,2.0),GT86(2.8,2.6). The problem is that the other cars can adjust camber but the KTM rear camber is maxed at 2.0. The Ginetta and the RTR both have more rear camber and Ravager has the RTR already in the 1:04.3's and I have the Ginetta at 1:03.896. Cpcdem's KTM drizzit ran well to a 1:04.875 and I maxed out camber to a 1:04.443. Anyway it doesn't look as though the KTM is going to be much help in keeping the Cayman in check at this track either. I haven't checked but maybe this is why the KTM is 3.75 seconds off the Cayman's pace at the Red Bull Ring. I ran a low camber Cayman to a 1:04.598 a while back and there is 1 default run at 1:04.846. Oh well I guess we can try this track and see what happens. If you have the time cpcdem just make some default runs we can use as a baseline and Sloskimo if you have some time to make some tuned runs I would appreciate it. Drizzit is going to help and Ravager and if we cold get a few more people to join in that should be enough.

CHECKED RED BULL RING, CAYMAN(3.0,3.0)and KTM(2.5,2.0).

Ravager619
16-10-2017, 01:46
Thanks Ravager! I ran the Cayman and 2 others did as well. I was hoping the Cayman would fall on it's face here but it looks like it's in the low 1:04's without much set up and you have the fastest time set so far. I also ran the KTM in the 1:05's. If you like this track I am ok with running the GT4's here for the next track. This should have been the track with no straights that would bring the cars closer, so far with your run in the RTR it looks ok. Let me know.

Also, at one time didn't you have a problem with your setups saving? What did you do to fix it?

The new patch we got a few days ago fixed it. I don't have problems anymore.

blinkngone
16-10-2017, 01:51
Thanks Ravager, Bubba's appears to be working now as well.

Ravager619
16-10-2017, 03:09

I tweaked the setup I posted earlier today, and I shaved about 0.6 seconds off my best TT lap. The car is still wicked out of control in some places, though.

Ravager619
16-10-2017, 05:51

Curiosity got the best of me tonight. I decided to take a few laps in the Cayman GT4 with the default Loose setup, and then I gave TT a go. If I ever race online, it's a safe bet I won't be driving the RTR.

blinkngone
16-10-2017, 10:24

Curiosity got the best of me tonight. I decided to take a few laps in the Cayman GT4 with the default Loose setup, and then I gave TT a go. If I ever race online, it's a safe bet I won't be driving the RTR.

Yeah, the Cayman breaks the GT4 as a class. CUP CAR! The run I made was a low camber set up. The KTM is messed up, seriously. I don't know where the car from, it's not the Pirelli Challenge KTM or it could have been closer to the Cayman. We, cpcdem and me tuning have pushed the KTM, he is the fastest KTM wherever he has taken it. I have the WR at Brands Indy with it but I'm sure it could be beaten. The Caymans at Brands Indy are terrible , I didn't run it but I assume someone will eventually and blow everything up like usual. The other KTM tuner/drivers have probably quit.

blinkngone
16-10-2017, 12:43
Hi Ravager, I ran your RTR, not sure what is wrong but I am really behind at the hairpin and you are just accelerating away...
Would you mind running your car fully automatic and see what you think?

drizzit
16-10-2017, 13:37
Some news on balancing if you haven't seen it yet http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53613-GT3-car-balancing&p=1397124&viewfull=1#post1397124

Anyway I'll do some more laps tonight as I enjoyed this challenge and it makes me run cars and tracks I usually don't run :)

blinkngone
16-10-2017, 14:27
Some news on balancing if you haven't seen it yet http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53613-GT3-car-balancing&p=1397124&viewfull=1#post1397124

Anyway I'll do some more laps tonight as I enjoyed this challenge and it makes me run cars and tracks I usually don't run :)

Yes, I've seen it, thanks. When is the next patch? There are a lot of problems, not just the Cayman.

drizzit
16-10-2017, 14:44
Havent seen any time mentioned for next patch and doubt they will give one but I'd guess earliest in a couple weeks judging from the last one.

blinkngone
16-10-2017, 17:40
Hi drizzit, I guess it depends on the people doing the testing, cluck and the people who ran with him at several tracks can obviously exploit the advantages of the Cayman there. The rest of us can't bring the other cars close at the other tracks although everyone has tried in our small group, I don't know if the console people have tried to form any groups to come up with runs for the other cars/tracks on their systems to get an idea of the differences, if they are they are not saying anything or exchanging information. So here we are now and there we will be at some future date. I couldn't find a dozen runs made by the 302R on PC, people tried it and walked away, either the defaults are so problematic or there is a flaw, virtually no data to apply a fix to a broken car so all we have is hope.

Ravager619
16-10-2017, 19:20
Hi Ravager, I ran your RTR, not sure what is wrong but I am really behind at the hairpin and you are just accelerating away...
Would you mind running your car fully automatic and see what you think?

I'm on a lunch break right now, but I can tell you that when I approach the corner I'm downshifting from 4th to 2nd. I'll coast through the first 1/3 part of that turn, but I'm feathering the throttle on the remaining 2/3 of that turn. That's how I can get away quickly there.

Ravager619
17-10-2017, 05:39
I don't know if we're having a similar test for GT3 cars at Mojave Sidewinder, but I managed to get a really good time for the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 with a few changes to the default loose setup. Let me know if I need to post it here or on another thread.

blinkngone
17-10-2017, 09:10
Hi Ravager, go ahead and post it here, we are mixing it up anyway.

drizzit
17-10-2017, 11:40
I'm more then happy to try it out tonight ravager, I'm probably not much help on feedback though as I can mostly say if it feels good to me or not sorry :D

Ravager619
17-10-2017, 16:51

I originally tested out the default Loose setup and managed to get under 1:01 somehow, so I made a few tweaks to the setup and got the time down even further. Keep in mind, the car is still pretty loose at the top of hills so you have to go about half throttle in order to keep the car straight. Here's the setup I have for now. I may do more testing tonight if time allows.

blinkngone
17-10-2017, 16:58
Ok thanks Ravager! The C7.R runs good here.

drizzit
17-10-2017, 17:47
Ravager, a bit loose for my taste and I cant quite break the 1 minute barrier with it so far but overall it feels good so I'm sure I can do better with more more practice :)

https://i.gyazo.com/69cb16bd2370df2dcd76ceb866990ef1.jpg

Ravager619
19-10-2017, 04:18

I made a few changes to the setup tonight and almost beat Sloskimo's time. I'm really beginning to love the GT-R. I also tried the road version tonight and I have to get used to the road cars again.

drizzit
19-10-2017, 07:20
Great going ravager!
Won't be able to play til tomorrow but I'll be sure to give it a try then :)

blinkngone
19-10-2017, 08:24

I made a few changes to the setup tonight and almost beat Sloskimo's time. I'm really beginning to love the GT-R. I also tried the road version tonight and I have to get used to the road cars again.
That's great Ravager! Uh, you changed your avatar, you must be really liking the GTR.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 00:07
Hey Ravager , would you come over to Silverstone National and run the GTR? Also if you have time run the other GT3s and see what you think. I really have problems with my PC specs at Sidewinder, it keeps stopping and stuttering making a mess of my running there.

Ravager619
20-10-2017, 02:51
Hey Ravager , would you come over to Silverstone National and run the GTR? Also if you have time run the other GT3s and see what you think. I really have problems with my PC specs at Sidewinder, it keeps stopping and stuttering making a mess of my running there.

My knee is not feeling good, but I'll give Silverstone National a few practice laps with the Loose setup.

Ravager619
20-10-2017, 03:47

I did what I could with the limited amount of time I have tonight. I made a few tweaks using the Loose setup, and when I have more time this weekend I should be able to get my lap times down even further.

blinkngone
20-10-2017, 08:30
Hi, sorry about the knee, hope it gets better soon. Ok, we'll see you around this weekend.

drizzit
20-10-2017, 14:22
Made a few tries with your new setup Ravager but cant keep up with the older setup, its just too loose for me but as long as it work for you :D

Ravager619
21-10-2017, 04:02
Made a few tries with your new setup Ravager but cant keep up with the older setup, its just too loose for me but as long as it work for you :D

I was just thinking about something. I have a T150 wheel but play without any driving aids. I wonder if that might make a difference in the handling?

drizzit
21-10-2017, 05:54
I was just thinking about something. I have a T150 wheel but play without any driving aids. I wonder if that might make a difference in the handling?

Well I use authentic and a T300 but I think the main problem is I'm just not good enough to keep the car in check with the loose setups, I'm getting better but I still definitely prefer a more stable setup in general. So as long as they work for you keep at it, I'll hopefully catch up one day :D

Ravager619
21-10-2017, 05:56
Well I use authentic and a T300 but I think the main problem is I'm just not good enough to keep the car in check with the loose setups, I'm getting better but I still definitely prefer a more stable setup in general. So as long as they work for you keep at it, I'll hopefully catch up one day :D

I drill it into my head not to do crazy movements with the steering wheel in the turns. I learned that from playing NASCAR Racing two decades ago. The more steering wheel movement, the more speed I scrub off in the corners. I also had to learn how to take it easy on the throttle exiting turns with those "flying bricks".

drizzit
21-10-2017, 06:02
I drill it into my head not to do crazy movements with the steering wheel in the turns. I learned that from playing NASCAR Racing two decades ago. The more steering wheel movement, the more speed I scrub off in the corners. I also had to learn how to take it easy on the throttle exiting turns with those "flying bricks".

I havent really been serious about this until PC2 released myself, I did play a little PC1 but before that my only real racing has been GTA,the first 2 Gran Turismo games and the first Collin Mcrae rally on Playstation so I still got alot of learning to do as neither of those games are exactly known for their correct handling and all that :D