PDA

View Full Version : [NO] Is Catalunya broken?

goonerjon777
11-10-2017, 08:13
I ask because it used to be my favourite track in PC1 but in this version I cannot complete a race without spinning multiple times whatever the setup.
Problem is the front left tyre excessively wearing to an orange colour, sometimes bright red.
This is despite me having tyre wear clicked off option.
Any thoughts?

Sankyo
11-10-2017, 08:17
The track is not broken, but it does that to your tyres if you don't adapt your driving or car set-up to the unbalanced load on the front left tyre due to the track's layout.

Tyre wear is not the same as tyre heating, with tyre wear disabled it can still overheat.

Bealdor
11-10-2017, 08:19
Turning tire wear off doesn't mean that your tires can't overheat and lose grip.
Increase tire pressure, check the track and ambient temps and choose your compound accordingly.

Catalunya isn't broken (still one of my favourite tracks to drive on), but the tire model has been improved in PCARS 2 which means that you can't run soft slicks on all tracks in every condition anymore.

goonerjon777
11-10-2017, 08:22
The track is not broken, but it does that to your tyres if you don't adapt your driving or car set-up to the unbalanced load on the front left tyre due to the track's layout.

Tyre wear is not the same as tyre heating, with tyre wear disabled it can still overheat.

Thank you, soft slick should maybe not be my default mode now, thanks for the info

goonerjon777
11-10-2017, 08:23
Turning tire wear off doesn't mean that your tires can't overheat and lose grip.
Increase tire pressure, check the track and ambient temps and choose your compound accordingly.

Catalunya isn't broken (still one of my favourite tracks to drive on), but the tire model has been improved in PCARS 2 which means that you can't run soft slicks on all tracks in every condition anymore.

Thank you, noted.

Rodgerzzz
11-10-2017, 11:59
I thought the thread title was referring to yesterday's 8 second declaration of Catalan Independence from Spain before back tracking and requesting "dialogue"... ahh well ;)

maxx69
12-10-2017, 07:45
I thought the thread title was referring to yesterday's 8 second declaration of Catalan Independence from Spain before back tracking and requesting "dialogue"... ahh well ;)

Was wondering why the fire marshals at Catalunya are now holding pick axe handles :playful:

Tom_2475221
12-10-2017, 09:16

Correct me if I'm wrong ... but I think increasing tire pressures also increases the heat level whereas a lower pressure keep the temps lower?

Bealdor
12-10-2017, 09:20
Correct me if I'm wrong ... but I think increasing tire pressures also increases the heat level whereas a lower pressure keep the temps lower?

It's the other way around.

Less air pressure -> rubber movement/squirming increased -> more heat.

Tom_2475221
12-10-2017, 12:56
It's the other way around.

Less air pressure -> rubber movement/squirming increased -> more heat.

OK, thanks for this ! Help section in the setup menu also says the same.
Actually this had been my reasoning too, but I guess I got confused by Codemasters' F1 2017 explanation in their setup menu :(