PDA

View Full Version : Not detecting logitec G29 wheel on PS4

Greendog74
11-10-2017, 08:40
Anyone else having similar issues with the G29 or other wheels as I would like to know if there is a work around or a fix coming. Basically the wheel was working fine. Started game today and wheel not detected. Can move around menus like a normal controller though. I have tried everything from restarting game and console and turning wheel off and on both in game and before starting game. Must have tried 20 restarts so far and cant get the wheel to work.

Sankyo
11-10-2017, 09:09
Anyone else having similar issues with the G29 or other wheels as I would like to know if there is a work around or a fix coming. Basically the wheel was working fine. Started game today and wheel not detected. Can move around menus like a normal controller though. I have tried everything from restarting game and console and turning wheel off and on both in game and before starting game. Must have tried 20 restarts so far and cant get the wheel to work.

Have you tried any other game? Perhaps wait until the patch has installed and see if it works then?

Greendog74
11-10-2017, 09:21
Patch version 2 is downloading now. Thetes plenty of other annoyances im hoping it fixes. Cant find patch notes anywhere yet though. Wheel did starting again after many more restarts. Did nothing different game just all of a sudden detected the wheel again

philsen89
11-10-2017, 10:24
My G29 works perfect since release, even with the vanilla version.

Dereenigne
11-10-2017, 11:39
I know it sounds silly but just wondering if its switched on at the plug?

Many a time have i gone straight on at turn 1 with no steering :)

Worth a shot....

Xx-Rickdj82-Xx
11-10-2017, 12:14
When are you connecting the wheel to the ps4 before you load game or the menu where it says start your engine

gimmick73
13-10-2017, 00:58
Iím not suggesting you get F1 2016 but thereís a free demo to try your wheel for comparison.

Are you using a USB cable extender? Try without it. I personally use one with my G29 and have no problems but YMMV.

Civic
13-10-2017, 02:27
Have you tried any other game? Perhaps wait until the patch has installed and see if it works then?

I've already reported this as a bug in the bug thread. After the 2.0 update if you use the DS4 the game makes it your controller and no longer recognises the G29 until you restart the game.

It has been an issue for me because I have a habit of using the DS4 to name saves as I just find it quicker and more comfortable and I keep forgetting the game has this bug. It has become a little frustrating.

Clearly the workaround is to not touch your DS4 until a new patch is released with a fix.

Boreham1980
13-10-2017, 03:05
My G29 is connecting without any issues. I always turn the PS4 on by the power button then use the PS button on the wheel to login. I’ve had no issues running it alongside the DS controller either but I always connect that after the wheel. I had no issue with my wheel before or after the 2.0 patch.

Just a thought but is the switch on top of your wheel in the correct position? PS4 not PS3

Does your wheel cycle through it’s test when you power up your PS4? ie turn itself full left/right.

Civic
13-10-2017, 11:06
Yes set to PS4. Yes it cycles. It actually works without an issue and will continue to work without an issue as long as I don't use the DS4 controller.

If you want to see if you can replicate the bug. Try to create a new save for a tune and use the DS4 controller to name and save that tune. Make sure you create a new named save because doing that will cause the game to forget my wheel every time.

Boreham1980
13-10-2017, 19:31
Can confirm this bug, just did what you said, pulled out of the pits and boom, nothing on the G29 and no option to reactivate it within the game. Hopefully one of the devs will pick up on this and I’m assuming it should be a fairly easy fix.