PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] Patch 2.0 Discussion thread

Pages : 1 [2]

Rockefelluh
18-10-2017, 23:45
no, sorry, but that is complete BS. It would be the developer's choice to outsource QA to a 3rd party.

If it is true or not, both parties (SMS and 3rd party QA) will be both responsible for the methods and process to test the game. They both will agree what is tested and how it is tested. there is no 1 smoking gun.

Bambus
19-10-2017, 07:59
Since I installed the patch the calibration of the pedals of my G920 no longer work. On my steering wheel the maximum physical brake pressure is equivalent to 50 on the calibration screen gauge. Only once on the track by pressing the pedal to the maximum I have only 50% braking power, like the game do not apply the calibration. I tried to hardreboot the console, unplug the steering wheel, nothing changed. I tried in another game (Dirt Rally) without worries. The game is unplayable because I can not brake hard enough. I had no worries before the patch.

I have this same issue on my Thrustmaster TX. Had it in PC1 as well.
Also, was online with friend, practice, quail and race. Got to the race and had no feedback. Also had this issue on PC1. Seams a lot of the same bugs from PC1 have made it across to 2 as far as multiplayer goes

Disease
19-10-2017, 12:16
got a good story for you guys.
so after being frustrated with the game for the past handful of nights I got drastic and put Assetto Corsa in.
after about 5 mins I saw the list of circuits and time/weather settings and I remembered why I love pcars so much.

anyway I came back to pcars2 and just tried a bunch of stuff I wouldn't normally do:
set auto clutch to on, chucked the sequential plate on the TH8A shifter, swapped my volume and gain ffb numbers, was gain 100 and vol 50.. now the other way around.

honestly I don't know if its my head messing with me but the rev protection thing seemed to be drastically reduced, gears were actually changing again when i'd expect them to.. and the ffb felt the best ive had.. I was strongly an proponent of gain at 100 before.
the wheel was nicely weighted, didn't feel loose in the centre and still had road surface detail.

I ran the Ford manufacturer affinity race 3, GT LM GTE 8 laps of De La Sarthe.
starts to get quite cloudy mid race and starts to rain.. I reach over and use my newly rig installed usb keyboard and turn my wipers on and request a pitstop for a set of wet tyres..
the rain puddles are forming, I'm fighting for traction but in a way that didn't feel at all forced or unrealistic. had a fantastic time.

I tell ya, when this game works.. its a magical experience :D

JimmyCx
19-10-2017, 16:39
Has anyone else got the glitch where if you pause mid race, when you continue the view defaults to bumper cam?

Gav88888
19-10-2017, 18:59
I have this same issue on my Thrustmaster TX. Had it in PC1 as well.
Also, was online with friend, practice, quail and race. Got to the race and had no feedback. Also had this issue on PC1. Seams a lot of the same bugs from PC1 have made it across to 2 as far as multiplayer goes

Really? Mine work perfect since the update patch 2.0.

Did you calibrate the pedals after applying the patch so when you press the pedal it says 100%?

Have you changed the sensitivity settings?

When you press on the brake pedal is the red bar maxing out on the telemetry screen?

Have you got the latest firmware as I noticed a difference when I updated mine.

Gav88888
19-10-2017, 19:00
I actually watched the reviews of AC, Forza 7 and GT Sport today and they all have plus points but none are the complete package that PC2 is. If we had the graphics and performance of a decent PC then i suspect most of what we are moaning about would be gone.

PHL33
19-10-2017, 21:07
Here's my long list of bugs.

Xbox One Day One Edition. Thrustmaster TX, T3PA Pro, Ricmotech Load Cell Brake Mod.

FFB
1. Practice Testing: Sometimes FFB dies in practice testing when going back and forth between tuning setups and driving.
2. High HP Road cars have WAY TOO MUCH wheel slip / torque oversteer. A ZL1 should grip perfectly in second gear in a straight line, certainly not lose grip in third ever in dry conditions.
3. Sometimes FFB dies after restart session in any mode.
4. When ffb dies however, unplugging the wheel and plugging it back in fixes it and recalibrates to nicely. Not a bug but I gotta give you props on that feature.

Multiplayer
1. There needs to be a player reporting mechanism. One kid waited at lap start for me to come around and hit me intentionally about 7 times until my car was totaled. I have it on video.
2. Lobby status is 100% always wrong. Sometimes even the track listed is too.

Career
1. When creating a new driver, using a capital letter as the first character, it will semi-freeze the game. Quick fix is to press xbox button on the wheel and then click A to get back in the game, and it will back out the keyboard view and work again. Capital letters after the first character work fine.

Custom Race
1. Tire Pressures: Sometimes when tuning tire pressure before a race, it will be drastically higher than what it was tuned to (by about 10 psi). But restarting the race when it happens will usually set the tire pressure to what you tuned it to.

Sportsland Sugo
1. Second to last turn (the one before the long/big sweeping uphill turn) - the video rendering is weird. The video slows down / lags then speeds up at the last second before the apex, causing speed misjudgement. Happens every time any mode.

Mazda Laguna Seca
1. M6 GT3 custom setups don't show up sometimes. I do not know if it is car or track specific.

Dubai Autodrome
1. GT3 Cars (all) - Tires always burn up no matter what after 1 lap, no matter how low the psi is set. Hard compound used (auto by weather). Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

Forums
1. Logs out within just a few minutes. Thus when making a long post such as this, you can post without reloggin in.

Schnizz58
19-10-2017, 21:47
Forums
1. Logs out within just a few minutes. Thus when making a long post such as this, you can post without reloggin in.
I've been on this forum for 2 1/2 years and have never been logged out unintentionally. I suspect it probably has something to do with your browser. Or maybe check the "Remember me" box (if there is one) when you log in.

Roger Prynne
19-10-2017, 23:22
check the "Remember me" box (if there is one) when you log in.
This

Multiplayer
1. There needs to be a player reporting mechanism. One kid waited at lap start for me to come around and hit me intentionally about 7 times until my car was totaled. I have it on video. Gamertag: ******, silverstone GP, 10/14/17.

We don't do name and shame here.

Roushman624
20-10-2017, 01:45
I know nobody cares but the Aston Martin Vulcans brakes are not realistically loud at all. Thanks...

Roushman624
20-10-2017, 01:48
https://youtu.be/IDtHjIe13aU
You only have to watch the first 30 seconds... you can barely hear the brakes in the game.

Just Another Frog
20-10-2017, 03:19
The ''pit in'' board only appears once during statutory pit stop races. Any chance you could revert it back to the lap by lap format used in PC1?

Completing the individual manufacturers challenges ''unlocks'' vehicles that are already available to use.

Fert
20-10-2017, 09:09
The ''pit in'' board only appears once during statutory pit stop races. Any chance you could revert it back to the lap by lap format used in PC1?

Completing the individual manufacturers challenges ''unlocks'' vehicles that are already available to use.

Please no . I hated having that pitstoo reminder stuck on my screen for 10 laps until i pitted. Now i just call for a pit stop when i need too. So much better

Hefferzzzz
20-10-2017, 09:33
Any feedback from SMS on the multiplayer issues? Do we know whats causing it and when it will be fixed?

Just Another Frog
20-10-2017, 09:57
Please no . I hated having that pitstoo reminder stuck on my screen for 10 laps until i pitted. Now i just call for a pit stop when i need too. So much better

Yeah I get your point but some career events (and occasional online lobbies) use the statutory pit stop option and if you don't notice it then the game just springs it on you with one lap to go. Sometimes last lap pitting isn't the best strategy. And besides, the pit board only ever appeared as you were approaching the pit lane.

RadiationLouis
20-10-2017, 23:56
Don't know if has been reported or not. But I've noticed that the handling is somehow different in "career mode" than it is in "private testing". Currently in career mode, I'm starting the IndyCar season. Start the first practice session (at Daytona) and the car pulls left. So much so that I don't have to put any steering input what so ever in the banking, but to make a slight correction to the left and the car loses complete control. If I make a slight correction to the right the car goes no where. The worst part is when I come off the banking and with out any steering input what so ever the car just snaps left and spins straight to the wall. I try to counter steer but again turning right doesn't make the car change direction at all. (This is Career Mode). Thinking it may be a set up issue I quit out, go to a private test session, set the car up the same as it is in career mode and start. In private test, NONE of what I mentioned above happens! I have to actually steer in the banking and slight corrections to the left don't snap me around. Slight corrections to the right are just that. coming off the banking the car doesn't snap around with out any steering input. I have tried a hard reboot of the box and it doesn't solve the issue. HELP!

Also in career mode. Tires are incredibly easy to cook. This was not an issue before the most recent patch. The handling is affected in a bad way! when you're in a prototype going through a high speed sweeper and you have to slow down so much to not cause the over heating of the tires and then a GT car blows your doors off in said corner! Something wrong there and I did tweet about that.

Otherwise I'm loving the game and reporting any issues I find on here now.

Konan
21-10-2017, 04:34
Have you changed anything in the settings?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56027-Cars-pull-to-the-left-on-straights-found-the-solution&p=1404012&viewfull=1#post1404012

inthebagbud
21-10-2017, 07:17
Don't know if has been reported or not. But I've noticed that the handling is somehow different in "career mode" than it is in "private testing". Currently in career mode, I'm starting the IndyCar season. Start the first practice session (at Daytona) and the car pulls left. So much so that I don't have to put any steering input what so ever in the banking, but to make a slight correction to the left and the car loses complete control. If I make a slight correction to the right the car goes no where. The worst part is when I come off the banking and with out any steering input what so ever the car just snaps left and spins straight to the wall. I try to counter steer but again turning right doesn't make the car change direction at all. (This is Career Mode). Thinking it may be a set up issue I quit out, go to a private test session, set the car up the same as it is in career mode and start. In private test, NONE of what I mentioned above happens! I have to actually steer in the banking and slight corrections to the left don't snap me around. Slight corrections to the right are just that. coming off the banking the car doesn't snap around with out any steering input. I have tried a hard reboot of the box and it doesn't solve the issue. HELP!

Also in career mode. Tires are incredibly easy to cook. This was not an issue before the most recent patch. The handling is affected in a bad way! when you're in a prototype going through a high speed sweeper and you have to slow down so much to not cause the over heating of the tires and then a GT car blows your doors off in said corner! Something wrong there and I did tweet about that.

Private testing (free practice in pcars 1) was always different to career mode . I would set up fp to practice for career so I had a clear track to use but to many times when you entered career mode the car handled completely differently I now always test and setup in career practice.

RadiationLouis
21-10-2017, 12:35
Konan

The only thing I have touched for controller settings is the Configuration (I use a pad, but my wheel arrives on Tuesday) I went to Force Feedback menu just to make sure I didn't accidentally move anything while cycling through menu's but everything on that screen is blacked out and can't be adjusted... for me anyways

RadiationLouis
21-10-2017, 12:36
Thanks for the heads up, I'll keep that in mind!

Just Another Frog
21-10-2017, 17:33

The indycar pulls wildly to the left on all the ovals (regardless of which tune you use) in career mode - something which it didn't do pre patch because my path to tier 1 on a previously lost save was open wheel all the way. I'm strongly suspecting it's the lack of grip from hot tyres that's causing the problem, but whaterer it is this particular event in career is completely unplayable at the minute.

I also found that even though I won the tier 1 endurance (using an LMP1 in multiclass) it only credited me with a silver medal. Quite harsh really because i'm not finding the desire to repeat another 2h 20mins around Le Mans to see if i'm luckier 2nd time around.

Roushman624
22-10-2017, 01:10
Still some sound bug using headphones. It makes some crackling and put noise and I have to hard reset my console.

PotatoMasher81
22-10-2017, 15:43
Is there an expected release date for patch 3.0?

Konan
22-10-2017, 16:04
Is there an expected release date for patch 3.0?

Nope...

PraiseTHC420
22-10-2017, 20:58
So I need thrustmaster tx setting for all 3 flavours post the 2.0 update for the Xbox one. Any help is appreciated

Dynomight Motorsports
22-10-2017, 21:02
Nope...

Konan; are they working on fixing Multiplayer instability? We've tested and could get 14 in a room but crashed and half the field was disconnected after 4 mins 30 seconds.

Foolsjester
22-10-2017, 21:18
So I need thrustmaster tx setting for all 3 flavours post the 2.0 update for the Xbox one. Any help is appreciated

Raw

Adjust tone higher to stop wheel wobble. Lower volume to compensate higher tone. If to floaty on rear feel, higher tone. If oversteer is to snappy, self aligning wheel to centre, lower tone. Same applies, adjust volume to compensate tone

I've mapped keys to keyboard to change volume and tone on the fly as these 2 are different per car.

Gt4
Volume 55
Tone 30

Touring cars
Volume 55-60
Tone 20-25

Megane v6
Volume 60
Tone 25

Gt3
Volume 45
Tone 15-20

And so on...

Rockefelluh
22-10-2017, 21:58
Konan; are they working on fixing Multiplayer instability? We've tested and could get 14 in a room but crashed and half the field was disconnected after 4 mins 30 seconds.

Good question! Has not been acknowledge.

snipeme77
22-10-2017, 23:19
Good question! Has not been acknowledge.

Come on guys gets been out for a month and it's still in a completely broken state

x M3AMI x
23-10-2017, 15:40
I'll be honest, I'm about ready to give up on this game. I am grown enough to understand the difficulties of working under deadlines and such but this is so bad that it's just not fun.

From graphics issues (check tires on formula cars when racing in the rain, they're comically bad), to an overzealous and inconsistent over-rev protection function, to a broken multiplayer system AND broken physics in career mode it's practically unplayable. Yes, I know the game has potential, yes I know it will be improved over time, but the fact that it's so bad now is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth. I'm seriously considering picking up a PS4 for GTSport or just going to iRacing at this point. As of now, the only thing I can do consistently is hot lap. And frankly that gets old after a day or so.

Stuff like this makes the delay between GT games seem worth it. I'm sure it has it's own issues, but at last they're playing and having fun. All I'm doing is crashing and getting annoyed.

Eric Everfast
23-10-2017, 16:06
Generally speaking, how are online lobbies for the lot of you? Have you guys been able to get some races in without crashes or disconnects more often than not?

PHL33
23-10-2017, 18:11
Rearview Mirror still doesn't appear most of the time, even after doing the "edit hud layout" - save, quick fix.

Foolsjester
23-10-2017, 18:40
Rearview Mirror still doesn't appear most of the time, even after doing the "edit hud layout" - save, quick fix.

Use and configure lite Hud. Move cursor over save with controller analogue stick to save. Works every time for me including rear view mirror

GaryWasHere65
23-10-2017, 19:40
Come on SMS / Ian Bell, when will we get issues sorted, Multiplayer etc, it just ruining the experience.

GaryWasHere65
23-10-2017, 19:42
We are the guys that paid out a lot of money to you and your company, we want to know what is happening with updates etc. come on guys.

Konan
23-10-2017, 19:47
What is it you want us to tell you?
updates and issues are being worked on....nothing more to say really...

GaryWasHere65
23-10-2017, 19:50
timescale for a start

Roger Prynne
23-10-2017, 21:09
There is no timescale, it's done when it's done.

Maskmagog
23-10-2017, 21:39
Replay issues in qualification in Formula C, career, Brno. I got P2 and wanted to check the replay. The session was 15 min. But, the replay countdown, top screen in replay, counted down from 30 min. And everybody was on lap 1 the whole 15 min, according to the timings table, top left on screen. I watched the whole replay, no lap times were registered. And the "gap" time seemed to show my gap to P1 on the track, not the gap between our times. I have a picture of this, if it helps.

Second, at certain camera changes, the car sound shifted a lot. It could go from a low note, to a much higher pitch at camera changes. As if I changed down gears, which I did not at those times.

Roushman624
23-10-2017, 23:52
All pictures were screenshots off my Xbox account onto my iPhone 7. These are represented 10x better than my 1080p tv. All are after patch 2.0. The last picture is PC1 and same track same car. Can you spot any differences?

Schnizz58
23-10-2017, 23:59
Can you spot any differences?
PC1 rendering looks smoother to me. Less jagged/stairsteppy.

Roushman624
24-10-2017, 00:17
PC1 rendering looks smoother to me. Less jagged/stairsteppy.

Yep. The physics PC2 has and dynamic weather are to die for... that being said, going back to PC1 was a very beautiful experience to my eyes. At night you can't even read your car and during the day the 918 is still impossible.

snipeme77
24-10-2017, 01:28
Generally speaking, how are online lobbies for the lot of you? Have you guys been able to get some races in without crashes or disconnects more often than not?

I've done maybe 4 races. Typically the game crashes whenever the game switches between qualifying and the race.

Honestly I'm so disappointed. A full month and the game is barely playable. Career STILL doesn't work, modern GT cars don't work because the tire model doesn't work, Game doesn't know how to count laps correctly, the competitive licence is useless in a game with player made lobbies, there's no custom championships, Devs have given a big middle finger to the oval crowd with the no Yellow flag decision (While claiming we, the community didn't want them anyway.) Online doesn't work... I could go on, but it's a dead horse at this point.

Look SMS, I'm impressed how well you've gotten the game to run on Xbox one, I really am. I love the weather system, the day night cycle, the car and track selection. All of it... But holy hell, what the heck happened to the console quality control testing? I know you outsourced it, but I doubt they even played the game? How and the hell, did they not spot things like half the GT3 cars swerve back and forth down the road, and online games are impossible to connect to on Xbone? And don't get me started on the Career mode not saving and corrupting! Who played this? Did you give it to Stevie Wonder?

Then, if you didn't shoot yourselves in the foot enough, you release patch 2.0. Which make basically all modern cars undriveable for more than a couple laps and adds the weaving glitch to oval cars. I wish you could hear me clapping right now... It's a slow, pitiful clap. What happened?

Look I'm sorry, but flat out, this game was NOT ready for release. It feels like it's a patch, and month of two from greatness, and it very well still could be... But this is the LAST TIME I WILL EVER PREORDER ANY PROJECT CAR/SMS GAME...

Lukeymonster
24-10-2017, 01:38
Yep. The physics PC2 has and dynamic weather are to die for... that being said, going back to PC1 was a very beautiful experience to my eyes. At night you can't even read your car and during the day the 918 is still impossible.

Until my X arrives I’ve gone back to PCars1 just for free races. I’ve just had it with the chunky frame rates and various bugs. It’s up in the air if the X will make PCars 2 a better experience but I’m hopeful. I really really want to dig into the game but it seems to want to fight with me as much as it wants to dazzle me.

Eric Everfast
24-10-2017, 02:13
I've done maybe 4 races. Typically the game crashes whenever the game switches between qualifying and the race.

Honestly I'm so disappointed. A full month and the game is barely playable. Career STILL doesn't work, modern GT cars don't work because the tire model doesn't work, Game doesn't know how to count laps correctly, the competitive licence is useless in a game with player made lobbies, there's no custom championships, Devs have given a big middle finger to the oval crowd with the no Yellow flag decision (While claiming we, the community didn't want them anyway.) Online doesn't work... I could go on, but it's a dead horse at this point.

Look SMS, I'm impressed how well you've gotten the game to run on Xbox one, I really am. I love the weather system, the day night cycle, the car and track selection. All of it... But holy hell, what the heck happened to the console quality control testing? I know you outsourced it, but I doubt they even played the game? How and the hell, did they not spot things like half the GT3 cars swerve back and forth down the road, and online games are impossible to connect to on Xbone? And don't get me started on the Career mode not saving and corrupting! Who played this? Did you give it to Stevie Wonder?

Then, if you didn't shoot yourselves in the foot enough, you release patch 2.0. Which make basically all modern cars undriveable for more than a couple laps and adds the weaving glitch to oval cars. I wish you could hear me clapping right now... It's a slow, pitiful clap. What happened?

Look I'm sorry, but flat out, this game was NOT ready for release. It feels like it's a patch, and month of two from greatness, and it very well still could be... But this is the LAST TIME I WILL EVER PREORDER ANY PROJECT CAR/SMS GAME...

Thanks for taking the time to answer; there seems to be a lot of patching to do. When you're saying that career doesn't work, is it because it's not saving your progress?

As for online lobbies, if you had to estimate how many times you've tried to enter a race, what would be a good number?

snipeme77
24-10-2017, 02:21
Thanks for taking the time to answer; there seems to be a lot of patching to do. When you're saying that career doesn't work, is it because it's not saving your progress?

As for online lobbies, if you had to estimate how many times you've tried to enter a race, what would be a good number?

About 15-20 times

Roushman624
24-10-2017, 03:08
First two are from PC2. Last two are from PC1. All screenshots from my Xbox account onto my iPhone 7. Phone representation is 10x better than in game. Which do you like more? You decide :cool:

Just Another Frog
24-10-2017, 03:45
Honestly? I don't have a problem with any of them. They all look superb :)
But there again i'm a bit more old school and believe that how a game plays is more important than how it looks. If visuals were the deciding factors in a game's strengths then we should all be playing Forza, Titanfall, Infinite warfare and a mass of other titles which have adopted the visuals over substance policy - and as for the likes of Minecraft, ooh, no... they're way too poo to look at!
I'm quite happy with the middle ground accord SMS have struck and for it's sheer amount content I think I can live with a few jagged edges here and there.
Sure, the ''how it plays'' bit isn't quite there yet (the reason why I too have dropped back to PC1) but let's just wait and see before casting any aspersions. My only fear is that the only thing that will save the game is a console upgrade - which when you consider not everyone will make an immediate swop to X1 X, won't be a particularly good scenario. My feeling is that from an XBox point of view PC2 is on the limits of obscurity and a compulsory upgrade to make playable could signal the end for all but the die hard community
(ps) sorry for posting this in bits but i'm on console and edge has a nasty habit of shutting down.

Roushman624
24-10-2017, 03:53
Honestly? I don't have a problem with any of them. They all look superb :)

You should compare the two then.

Just Another Frog
24-10-2017, 04:39
You should compare the two then.

If I must then PC1 has got a shiny sun that impares my vision of the road ahead. The leaves on the trees in PC2 look a bit ropey.
I'll tell you something which is a perfectly true story. Somewhere in a previous posting it was commented that some flags atop a stadium looked a bit rubbish. "Flags?" I thought, "I don't even recall seeing the effing stadium these flags are supposed to be on". I guess that's the difference between actually racing as opposed to going for a leisurely tootle in an open topped charrabang to look for miscellaneous graphical flaws. xb1 spell check wasn't my friend with that so apologies for typos :)

Roushman624
24-10-2017, 05:03
The puddle at the last corner at Bathurst is wrong. You can go 2mph and slide hard. Please look into this.

Just Another Frog
24-10-2017, 05:25
Look, any self respecting racer will tell you that the two key factors in a racing game are framerates and handling (game physics) with any other positives being just a bonus. As a console/controller user my opinion is that SMS have 100% nailed the handling side of things (albeit still within a relatively small grid) but the framerates are still a bit off under certain scenarios. People aren't giving them very much credit for patch 2.0 but I personally put in 100+ pre patch hours and believe me, the difference after the update was huge and immediately noticeable. Little things like the little twisty section just after the (Repsol?) bridge at Brno or the roundabout at Long Beach all feeling genuinely better.

Another thing. ''The console isn't powerful enough''. Total and utter tosh. It took developers, what was it, 17 years to emulate SEGA's model 2 board, yet after several hopelessly failed attempts of an arcade perfect Daytona USA it wasn't an nth generation uber computer that finally achieved this goal of greatness - it was the humble XBox 360 (and subsequently XB1 via a flawless back compat port). So no, the console is capable, more than capable - it's just the implementation that on this occasion is a bit out.

Roushman624
24-10-2017, 05:39
Look, any self respecting racer will tell you that the two key factors in a racing game are framerates and handling (game physics) with any other positives being just a bonus. As a console/controller user my opinion is that SMS have 100% nailed the handling side of things (albeit still within a relatively small grid) but the framerates are still a bit off under certain scenarios. People aren't giving them very much credit for patch 2.0 but I personally put in 100+ pre patch hours and believe me, the difference after the update was huge and immediately noticeable. Little things like the little twisty section just after the (Repsol?) bridge at Brno or the roundabout at Long Beach all feeling genuinely better.

Another thing. ''The console isn't powerful enough''. Total and utter tosh. It took developers, what was it, 17 years to emulate SEGA's model 2 board, yet after several hopelessly failed attempts of an arcade perfect Daytona USA it wasn't an nth generation uber computer that finally achieved this goal of greatness - it was the humble XBox 360 (and subsequently XB1 via a flawless back compat port). So no, the console is capable, more than capable - it's just the implementation that on this occasion is a bit out.
Like I've said before, I love this game. The physics are amazing. The graphics will not do for the fact I cannot read what is on the LCD, speedometer, revometer and so many more. When I get my X I will be the happiest person in the world. I would literally pay SMS to update for the X.

HaglePer
24-10-2017, 08:13
Agreed - when pcars2 works the way it should, its great! Sometimes I just get this great racing feeling, when everything clicks, never had that in other racing games.
Last night I was racing the nordschleife, it got darker, the racing was tight, could see the brake lights on the cars ahead deep in the forest.Man, I was actually laughing a bit at my self how much I enjoy it.
Couple of patches more now and we are left with a great racer, im positive!

Roushman624
24-10-2017, 08:31
This is what makes PC2 the best racer out there. In a minutes notice everything changes and traction is losing by the second, hoping you can make it to the pit. BTW, the game seems to look best whenever heavy fog and rain are on. I don't know why but it looks amazing to be fair.

GaryWasHere65
24-10-2017, 10:40
SMS, no argument that this sim will be great, the most annoying thing is lack of feedback from SMS as to what and when they are fixing. A daily update would be appreciated. I am a member of a club that used pcars 1 for some great drivers and leagues. The club has in excess of 500 members and it has actually just stopped using pcars 2 as it it killing the club! We need info as and when you can post it. Surly you have some idea as to timescales etc so that we can get our clubs back up and running. Members have left and gone to iracing and the club is now running f1 2017 and asserto corsa etc, not the way we wanted to go but the guys just want good clean racing

PHL33
24-10-2017, 15:25
Use and configure lite Hud. Move cursor over save with controller analogue stick to save. Works every time for me including rear view mirror

That used to work every time, but now after the update it's a little more inconsistent.

Gav88888
24-10-2017, 21:45
SMS, no argument that this sim will be great, the most annoying thing is lack of feedback from SMS as to what and when they are fixing. A daily update would be appreciated. I am a member of a club that used pcars 1 for some great drivers and leagues. The club has in excess of 500 members and it has actually just stopped using pcars 2 as it it killing the club! We need info as and when you can post it. Surly you have some idea as to timescales etc so that we can get our clubs back up and running. Members have left and gone to iracing and the club is now running f1 2017 and asserto corsa etc, not the way we wanted to go but the guys just want good clean racing

What club is that mate?

Roushman624
25-10-2017, 04:29
Bug only during racing where tire smoke shows more than it should and continues for a long time. In private testing it's fine.

Roushman624
25-10-2017, 04:34
Also, handling is very difficult with a lot of AI on the track.

Roushman624
25-10-2017, 06:17
This tire overheating bug is really getting annoying now...

GaryWasHere65
25-10-2017, 09:55
What club is that mate?

"OTT Racing League", Previously known as "Project Cars Clean Fair Racing League"

rrusso
25-10-2017, 11:13
We tried yesterday to make our first race in our league.

I will try to reproduce the issues that we have

Private Lobby / Default (locked) Setup / Tyre Wear 2x

1. Random disconnections on lobby - all players with open NAT (there's a topic talking about that)

2. Tyre issues - during the race, in the same lap tyres temp drops a lot, and seconds later heats again....i dont know if this drastic variation is normal

3. For some player looks like the track has no grip with hard tyres (we use default setup)....and for anothers with the same car the grip was fine. We have 2 players with Ferrari and they have the same pace....but one of them was running 3s lower than the other...because he said that has no grip.

4. In the middle of the race half of the grid drop from the MP...with no reason. Oponents cars start to freeze and after that the players are droped from the session.

So we have to cancel the race

Basically is that...the most annoying issue for me is the online lobbies not working well and the tyres ones

I hope this can be fixed in the next patch. My frustration is that we dont have any words from SMS here in xbox topics

Rockefelluh
25-10-2017, 14:49
We tried yesterday to make our first race in our league.

I will try to reproduce the issues that we have

Private Lobby / Default (locked) Setup / Tyre Wear 2x

1. Random disconnections on lobby - all players with open NAT (there's a topic talking about that)

2. Tyre issues - during the race, in the same lap tyres temp drops a lot, and seconds later heats again....i dont know if this drastic variation is normal

3. For some player looks like the track has no grip with hard tyres (we use default setup)....and for anothers with the same car the grip was fine. We have 2 players with Ferrari and they have the same pace....but one of them was running 3s lower than the other...because he said that has no grip.

4. In the middle of the race half of the grid drop from the MP...with no reason. Oponents cars start to freeze and after that the players are droped from the session.

So we have to cancel the race

Basically is that...the most annoying issue for me is the online lobbies not working well and the tyres ones

I hope this can be fixed in the next patch. My frustration is that we dont have any words from SMS here in xbox topics

I see these race leagues. I don't know how anyone can run anything right now. You can't possibly have confidence connection will run fine.

odemode
25-10-2017, 15:58
We at SRL have also noticed cars acting differently in two separate races yet using same track, conditions, car and setup combo. There is for sure something a miss still.

LukeC1991
25-10-2017, 16:06
The game just crashed to dashboard mid way through a 50 minute race at Daytona with GTE :( I was really enjoying it at 30x time progression.

LukeC1991
25-10-2017, 17:28
The game just crashed to dashboard mid way through a 50 minute race at Daytona with GTE :( I was really enjoying it at 30x time progression.

Following on from this... it’s just happened again at Long Beach in an Indycar race. I’m not one for going crazy and shouting my mouth off on forums, but this is becoming a bit of a joke. I can’t even complete a race without the screen going black and crashing to dashboard mid way through every race.

x M3AMI x
25-10-2017, 19:10
I also just had the game crash during a race at long beach.

Here's another incredibly annoying bug: I like to race with assists in 'authentic'. This is usually no problem during practice or qualifying online. However, once the race starts, all the assists are turned fully off. This is not a matter of lobby settings as I'm typically able to turn traction control back on once I notice it's off. Unfortunately there aren't enough buttons on my wheel to map ABS as well so no matter what I'm stuck with a half cocked assist setting that completely changes how I have to drive the car compared to qualifying. Furthermore this has caused me issues at the start of races as I'll spin out trying to avoid slower cars off the jump since I haven't yet noticed if my assists are on or off. Double checking it's on before readying up for the race does nothing to confirm they'll actually be on. Kinda like what stage a lobby is actually in when you try to join, it's a crap shoot AT BEST.

C'mon guys. You tout this as an esports godsend but your multiplayer system is currently broken in many ways. For the life of me I can't understand putting out such a mediocre product given how much competition there is in the genre right now.

Zeem
25-10-2017, 22:33
This tire overheating bug is really getting annoying now...

Yeah... makes Formula A a lot less exciting when you're having to half-throttle basically everywhere for fear of turning your tyres red. Even if I can win with a low difficulty setting, there's nothing satisfying about those wins.

Cafe Racer
26-10-2017, 00:56
Yeah... makes Formula A a lot less exciting when you're having to half-throttle basically everywhere for fear of turning your tyres red. Even if I can win with a low difficulty setting, there's nothing satisfying about those wins.

This might help until SMS addresses the issue. Try running a Custom Race with a maximum of 18 AI opponents and any other setting you would like for the race. I did a few tests the other day, changing the number of opponents and found that races with 19 or more opponents would exhibit the "overheating tires" issue after one or two laps. Keep it at 18 or less AI opponents and you're good to go with NO OVERHEATING tire issues. It's been working for me, I hope this helps!

Zeem
26-10-2017, 08:37
This might help until SMS addresses the issue. Try running a Custom Race with a maximum of 18 AI opponents and any other setting you would like for the race. I did a few tests the other day, changing the number of opponents and found that races with 19 or more opponents would exhibit the "overheating tires" issue after one or two laps. Keep it at 18 or less AI opponents and you're good to go with NO OVERHEATING tire issues. It's been working for me, I hope this helps!

In other words, don't play Career. :P

Roger Prynne
26-10-2017, 08:49

Thank you for the report.

Roushman624
26-10-2017, 08:59
Please fix the car audio...

Roger Prynne
26-10-2017, 09:11
^ Can you give us a clue as to what needs fixing?

Roushman624
26-10-2017, 09:16
^ Can you give us a clue as to what needs fixing?

The volume. It's really low compared to PC1 and I use headphones. Any other game at the volume I use for PC2 will make my ears bleed.

Lukeymonster
26-10-2017, 18:04
I see these race leagues. I don't know how anyone can run anything right now. You can't possibly have confidence connection will run fine.

Clearly you must be mistaken. This game was built from the ground up for Esports and is the definitive choice for Esports pros. The internet says so.

PHL33
27-10-2017, 03:15
Not sure if this has been addressed yet...

At the start of every race/test/etc. until the first turn is completed, the wheel violently vibrates as if I’m going through super high winds and a super bumpy road. All tracks, all cars so far do this. This did not occur prior to the patch.

Thrustmaster TX

PHL33
27-10-2017, 16:57
My xbox day one has always been super buggy... but since the new big xbox update, everytime I end a Race in career mode, the game freezes and crashes when I click "continue". Sometimes it saves in time, sometimes it doesnt. But the crashing is consistent.

To elaborate on my previous post of on the vibrations at the start of every session... Try Daytona Road Course, 488 GT3, right after main pit exist (uncontrolled) to the final pit exit (controlled) - it vibrates violently until I get to hit the main track.

THEoneAMERICAN
27-10-2017, 17:18
I'm still having major online lobby issues. I've been hosting Pcars and F1 leagues for multiple years and I've NEVER had so many issues with folks being kicked from the lobby, kicked from Quali and disconnected from races. It's laughable to think that this game is so unstable online.... PLEASE tell me there is another patch coming out SOOON..

Roushman624
27-10-2017, 23:51
It's sad when I prefer private testing because it has the least amount of problems...

PotatoMasher81
29-10-2017, 15:47
Also, handling is very difficult with a lot of AI on the track.

Agreed, the same car will handle perfectly in private testing and will slide and oversteer all over the place in a custom race. Even when the tires are up to temperature. I encountered the wheel shaking bug again today in custom races as well :(

VAL_nl
29-10-2017, 18:57
Hello, Im new to Project cars 2 and try to have fun, after the patch my steeringwheel g920 feels much better, thanks for that.
I have an XBOX ONE S. Its wired connected with router with fiber.
Im from the Netherlands so dont be to hard on my writing.

The amouth of bugs i have on multiplayer games is INSANE and frustrating and cant wait for the new patch!
These are the bugs i found in the game:

*you have been disconnected, mid race and my license number drops, happens more then normal racing.
*cant enter gamelobby's if i press cancel, it say: you just left the game(no i didnt, was not even in there and trying but only saw black screen)
*After practice/qualification, the game just wont start at all?, just wasted allot of time for another frustration.(tried to wait for 15 min) exit is only option, and im at the xbox one home screen and have to start the game again.
*After qualification the game starts BZZZZZZZZ(electric sound) and just quit and im back at my home screen of XBOX one S
* The exit option is really the only option to leave the lobby or game, and that means i just close the whole game and need restart the game again??
* when i leave the pits, my tires are Always green, till i go on track and they are blue.(maybe its normal i dont know because this is my first game of project cars)
*When i leave the pitbox, my default setting driver cam position have to be changed, because it will Always show the bumper cam position, i have roof cam position as default. With start of the race its the same, on starting grit i need to change it to roof cam again.
*If i make a game: just 1 person ever joined after many times trying( after qualifying, im disconnected from my own game).
*starting light not lit , get warning for being inactive?
*Cars jumping back and fort on track, even saw flying cars. Beacuse of this even get license number drop, because the car come and go and bump them.
*setup alzheimer, the game just say after disconnection: no setup saved for this car??
*Personal record (dont know the name of this ) where you can see what car u played most, favorite tracks, time spend on racing etc: i raced 1 time on redbull ring with the Porsche 911 gt3!well what happend? Now its my favorite car and played 1200+hours online with it??? what? ....and 99% racing. I been reconnecting 99% of the time.
*today tried join 2 games, been disconnected 10 times, adn the game i could join where in qualy, but i the session remaining was 5 minutes or so and i could not give it a try because "ready"didnt lit up, so i waited till the race....and waited, and waited. Then exit the game, and to my suprise i was the GAME HOST??? huh?
*the number of disconnections is extreme and so frustrating but i like the game also and thats why i keep wasting time, hoping the next game will be better.
* i won a few races, gained little points, because my opponents where mabe same classification, but no F or something after not bumping to any1.
*even won a few games and all oponents lost connection of just disconnected because they lost to many time and gave up....i had clean race and no points or F classification........How does it work??
*why still use the numbers and savety classifications if the online multiplayer bugs still here, i cant hardly gain points with so many disconnections, because -50 for 1 disconnection is to much. I suggest a reset of classification for the players when the disconnection bugs are over.
*on some cars the tires stay blue/teal, even after 6 laps and cant get no heat in them. Normal? or No?

Maybe i forgot some bugs to mention, and will adjust it later but needed to share my experiance.

Greets VAL_nl

HockeyNick30
29-10-2017, 19:19
2 bugs with 2.0 so far. Every session after placing pages game crashes with static like sound through speakers then back to menu.

+1 for me on this. During championship at least, after standings are saved crashes to Home Screen (Xbox1)

neefoo
29-10-2017, 20:36
Mirrors ON / OFF not saved (via HUD options). When toggling the views, the mirror reappears. Im talking about the game-mirror (square), not the car mirrors. Mine is set to OFF in cockpit view. Toggle the views in gameplay, and the mirror pops up again.

I also find the setting for the accurate settings for a specific car, etc (abs, tcs etc) is very often set to "all" without me changing this. I want the settings to stay realistic for the car (cant remember what its called int he game)

Also...there is some track where the focus of the track-cameras is totally out of focus.

neefoo
29-10-2017, 20:37
Btw...how far away is the next patch you think?

snipeme77
29-10-2017, 21:05
Btw...how far away is the next patch you think?

About a month if I had to guess.

Roushman624
30-10-2017, 00:17
Mirrors ON / OFF not saved (via HUD options). When toggling the views, the mirror reappears. Im talking about the game-mirror (square), not the car mirrors. Mine is set to OFF in cockpit view. Toggle the views in gameplay, and the mirror pops up again.

I also find the setting for the accurate settings for a specific car, etc (abs, tcs etc) is very often set to "all" without me changing this. I want the settings to stay realistic for the car (cant remember what its called int he game)

Also...there is some track where the focus of the track-cameras is totally out of focus.

No matter how many times I try I cannot get the potential lap times to disappear with no hud.

Ongias25
30-10-2017, 07:38
Still having issues with stuttering and freezing. Tried all cars,amount of cars on tracks,still an irritating problem. When this game is polished,it will be badass....

Lewy
30-10-2017, 09:24
If this is already a known bug I apologise.
Doesn’t effect the game whatsoever but thought I’d just let you guys know.
Track - Bannochbrae
Custom race with 10 AI at night.
On the replay of the race all the headlights of the cars could be seen through the hills/mountains

Just Another Frog
30-10-2017, 12:04
My xbox day one has always been super buggy... but since the new big xbox update, everytime I end a Race in career mode, the game freezes and crashes when I click "continue". Sometimes it saves in time, sometimes it doesnt. But the crashing is consistent.

It appears that these issues aren't exclusive to PC2. Some of the Forza 7 community are experiencing even more crashes to dashboard than normal and I personally have had similar problems with BF1 and (cough) Monopoly - as well as four instances where my console has shut down completely whilst doing random stuff. In fact, the only thing that this new dashboard seems to do with any real degree of proficiency is constantly remind me that FMS7 is available to buy in store.

bubbadabutcher
30-10-2017, 12:28
No matter how many times I try I cannot get the potential lap times to disappear with no hud.

I've had success turning that on and off in race while the telemetry screen is open.

HockeyNick30
30-10-2017, 23:50
It appears that these issues aren't exclusive to PC2. Some of the Forza 7 community are experiencing even more crashes to dashboard than normal and I personally have had similar problems with BF1 and (cough) Monopoly - as well as four instances where my console has shut down completely whilst doing random stuff. In fact, the only thing that this new dashboard seems to do with any real degree of proficiency is constantly remind me that FMS7 is available to buy in store.

I read somewhere that the constant crashing to desktop might be caused by connection to the internet (background saving or whatever). I tried "going offline" in the Network Options, and the game still crashed, mainly during session changes or simply when pausing. This didn't fix anything.

HockeyNick30
30-10-2017, 23:53
There's no way Microsoft would purposely make the Xbox1 buggy in order to sell more Xbox One X's, is there!?

Roushman624
31-10-2017, 03:02
There's no way Microsoft would purposely make the Xbox1 buggy in order to sell more Xbox One X's, is there!?

I'm am truly saddened by FM7 car sounds. I have no idea what they did to them but they aren't good at all.

Ian Bell
31-10-2017, 03:05

I don't think any sensible large company would do something like this (http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41319675). :) Or this... (https://www.komando.com/happening-now/422912/does-apple-make-older-phones-intentionally-slow)

(The above is a joke, I don't want to see it on an angry Reddit thread!)

x_FatTrashMan_x
31-10-2017, 05:17
Tyre Temps
For example, F5 in career mode practice was fine, but in qualifying I could not get the tyres up to temperature even after 15min of running. I haven’t had the over heating problem mentioned, but the opposite.

HaglePer
31-10-2017, 08:02
Oh man
Was racing the endurance tier last night, had to race 2h13mins at Le Mans, good fun, but after 1h35mins the game quit to dashboard while I was racing :(
I don't wanna try that again until the game is patched and fixed.
I have such bad clipping in my tx wheel also, so a 2 hour race is like a good workout.
Give us a patch pleeeeeeasseeeeee :)

HockeyNick30
31-10-2017, 09:16
To quote a review I read on PC2, the engine sounds on this sim are "pornographic!"

Gav88888
31-10-2017, 10:14
I read somewhere that the constant crashing to desktop might be caused by connection to the internet (background saving or whatever). I tried "going offline" in the Network Options, and the game still crashed, mainly during session changes or simply when pausing. This didn't fix anything.

I have consistently getting it to crash EVERYTIME I am doing car testing, for example using Silverstone testing GT3 cars, so set some laps, exit out to change to another GT3 car and it crashes. This was in offline race. But playing it's fine only exiting has issues, but never this bad where it crashes all the time.

I did get an MS update this morning so maybe that will help, I will try later.

Rockefelluh
31-10-2017, 19:34
Oh man
Was racing the endurance tier last night, had to race 2h13mins at Le Mans, good fun, but after 1h35mins the game quit to dashboard while I was racing :(
I don't wanna try that again until the game is patched and fixed.
I have such bad clipping in my tx wheel also, so a 2 hour race is like a good workout.
Give us a patch pleeeeeeasseeeeee :)

Would not recommend long races until more stability is verified.

Daz_T
01-11-2017, 15:26
So still no patch for this game? Wish I'd never spent the 45 on it.

This is just stupid. See the video below, I tried to embed it but it didn't work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adfecTyXr1c

Mowzer
01-11-2017, 15:42

This is just stupid. See the video below, I tried to embed it but it didn't work.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adfecTyXr1c

Dude there was a patch did you not download it?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55370-Project-CARS-2-XB1-Patch-2-0-Release-notes

Methadone Man
01-11-2017, 15:44

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=adfecTyXr1c

Watched your YouTube video. To be fair, my Logitech g920 on Xbox does this same thing on Forza 7, although not quite to the extent shown here. The g920 wheel will begin to move small amounts on its own when a vehicle is rapidly acceleration since it's trying to initiate a real world simulation. In a real car if you accelerate with decent force and leave your hands off the steering wheel, the car will begin to track slightly to one side. The car then kinda tries to straighten itself out a little and may over compensate.

But yeah if I accelerate hard in a straight in Forza 7 or F1 2016, with hands off the wheel my Logitech g920 wheel starts doing this.

My problem with this game at release was that this phenomenon was occurring before the car started moving and was a rapid back and forth oscillation. That doesn't seem to be the case on your video. At release, It was a constant fight to micro countersteer while driving straight at any speed. That's why I shelved the game. I may be willing to come back to PC2 but only after evidence that the steering issues have been fixed.

Mowzer
01-11-2017, 15:46
My G920 don't have any thing like that since the patch :D.

Methadone Man
01-11-2017, 15:59
https://youtu.be/54I5RU-RNhQ

Load this video and track directly to 8 min 38 seconds. Watch his steering wheel as he does several straight away accelerations. Notice how much he has to counter steer especially at first. Imagine if he left both hands off the wheel.

Daz_T
01-11-2017, 16:22
Dude there was a patch did you not download it?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55370-Project-CARS-2-XB1-Patch-2-0-Release-notes

I thought it would come up automatically when a patch was ready to install. How do I install it?

https://youtu.be/54I5RU-RNhQ

Load this video and track directly to 8 min 38 seconds. Watch his steering wheel as he does several straight away accelerations. Notice how much he has to counter steer especially at first. Imagine if he left both hands off the wheel.

Yeah, he's hard launching a 4 wheel drive car. In my video, I'm pulling away very slowly in a rwd car.

I have a 420bhp Nissan 200sx in real life and I can let go of the steering wheel and not spin the car pulling away slowly lol.

Mowzer
01-11-2017, 16:28
My xbox downloaded automatically.

Roger Prynne
01-11-2017, 16:36
Just don't take your hands of the wheel, I mean what would you expect it to do in that situation.
Don't forget our wheels are only toys really, and I mean no disrespect by that.

Daz_T
01-11-2017, 16:53
My xbox downloaded automatically.

Ah ok, Is there anyway to check it's downloaded?

Just don't take your hands of the wheel, I mean what would you expect it to do in that situation.
Don't forget our wheels are only toys really, and I mean no disrespect by that.

Thanks for sorting the embed out. Not sure what I did wrong with that.

None taken, I know these are the entry level wheels.

Roger Prynne
01-11-2017, 17:10
Ah ok, Is there anyway to check it's downloaded?

Thanks for sorting the embed out. Not sure what I did wrong with that.

None taken, I know these are the entry level wheels.

Just edit that post to see.
Use the 'Insert Video' icon and then remove the 's' from the https.

Push412
01-11-2017, 23:18
Others are reporting a better story, whats your problem?

Yes, there are still issues with the G920. I posted in the G920 thread. I found it was related to the number of opponents IE. 21 opponents and the wheel was shaking uncontrollably but with 9 opponents under the same conditions it was OK...

i have the fanatec v2.5 and out of nowhere my wheel started violently shaking after playing for a month. i tried a few different cars on a couple tracks and my wheel didnt stop shaking. it even does it in practice no matter what ffb settings. its been like that for the past 2 days and im getting extremely frustrated with. should i try uninstalling the game then reinstall it?

never enough
02-11-2017, 02:57
should i try uninstalling the game then reinstall it?

I tried that (digital deluxe). Another 40 something gig later I had the same issues. Haven't touched the game since. In my humble opinion, the Xbox version of PC2 is more broken than PC1. How SMS managed to achieve such a feat, I'll never know.

GKT Burnout
02-11-2017, 14:25
the game is great. but the crashes are very annoying. Shift down is also buggy. please inform about the next update.

HockeyNick30
03-11-2017, 00:07
The shift down is actually a "feature." Supposed to prevent engine damage and the like.

GKT Burnout
03-11-2017, 10:40
The shift down is actually a "feature." Supposed to prevent engine damage and the like.

it's a bug for me. he is not predictable. crashed make the game unfortunately unplayable straight in the mp

GaryWasHere65
03-11-2017, 11:51
i have the fanatec v2.5 and out of nowhere my wheel started violently shaking after playing for a month. i tried a few different cars on a couple tracks and my wheel didnt stop shaking. it even does it in practice no matter what ffb settings. its been like that for the past 2 days and im getting extremely frustrated with. should i try uninstalling the game then reinstall it?

Found testing that with ABS set anything over around 85% can cause major shaking on my G920. Turn it off and reduce brake pressure instead and that has cured all shaking issues for me.

cotcodacunu
03-11-2017, 13:14
I'm playing PC2 on Xbox One and I had almost all the bugs people are talking about on the forums, the career being deleted, heated tyres, ghost cars on the track, crashing to invisible cars on the track, setups not saving etc...
But yesterday something new happened.
Online race, Nascar, 80 laps, 14 opponents. With only 5 or 6 laps to go I had to enter the pitbox to refuel. The manual pitbox was on, and I did two manual pit stops earlier in the race. After refueling, the game went on autopilot all the way. Not just to exit the pitbox, but did all the 5 remaining laps by itself. I had a laugh. My fingers hurt already, so I didn't complain :))

GKT Burnout
03-11-2017, 17:20
Hello...
Just got an update 372 MB. what is the content?

Roger Prynne
03-11-2017, 17:33
For the XBOX itself?

Iconiqk
03-11-2017, 17:56
Just received the same update. For PC2, not an Xbox update.

Schnizz58
03-11-2017, 18:00
Is 372MB big enough to be an actual patch? I remember every once in a while in PC1, we'd get an update that wasn't really an update. It had something to do with DLC.

What's the version number down at the bottom of the screen?

GKT Burnout
03-11-2017, 18:13
V2.0.1.0.0906

Schnizz58
03-11-2017, 18:14
Well there you go. That's a patch. Would love to know what's in it!

GKT Burnout
03-11-2017, 18:17
me too...

ske007
03-11-2017, 18:22
me too...
Me three

marcelok
03-11-2017, 18:23
any patch notes?

The_Senser
03-11-2017, 18:24
I got the update also, doesn't see to have fixed the issue where the TX loses the FFB, and I or the 'invalid use of profanity' bug when you have a setup and I had both of these issue within the first five minutes of starting, and I didn't get the 'invalid use of profanity' bug before. It also takes an eternity to save a setup.

Schnizz58
03-11-2017, 18:26
any patch notes?

Not yet. It's the weekend in the UK so whoever is responsible for publishing release notes is probably down at the corner having a pint. [Another reason patches should not be held up to coincide with console releases.]

Schnizz58
03-11-2017, 18:28
It also takes an eternity to save a setup.
Grrr...not this again. Maybe it's a good thing though. Maybe they're just being extra super cautious when saving stuff to Azure (which is wise, imo).

Roger Prynne
03-11-2017, 18:35
Guys just be patient until we investigate please

Schnizz58
03-11-2017, 18:37
Guys just be patient until we investigate please

No worries. Patience is my long suit...you know that. :p

ETA: False alarm. It's the XBoneX Enhancement patch.

Roger Prynne
03-11-2017, 19:08
We know

Schnizz58
03-11-2017, 19:10
Well we didn't.

Roger Prynne
03-11-2017, 19:13
Only just found out ourselves.

Roushman624
05-11-2017, 11:35
Still crackling in headphones.

The_Senser
08-11-2017, 07:20
I had a 'interesting' experience this morning, having just got my Xbox One X, I thought I would quickly try a few of my Xbox One Enhanced games, and PC2 in particular. So I thought I would give the Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe a go in the Toyota TS040 Hybrid. As soon as I got out of the pits and the pit lane speed limit had ended, I was rammed from behind repeatedly by the same car in a severe case of road rage. As I drove round, the AI cars seemed to be actively targeting me, I watched them in my rear view mirror and they went out of there way to change their racing line just to ram be in the rear end. The aggression setting is at 50%. It isn't the first time that I have been rammed from behind, but nothing as bad as this! Is the AI modelled on Audi drivers? :-)

Zeem
08-11-2017, 11:48
I had a 'interesting' experience this morning, having just got my Xbox One X, I thought I would quickly try a few of my Xbox One Enhanced games, and PC2 in particular. So I thought I would give the Le Mans Circuit de la Sarthe a go in the Toyota TS040 Hybrid. As soon as I got out of the pits and the pit lane speed limit had ended, I was rammed from behind repeatedly by the same car in a severe case of road rage. As I drove round, the AI cars seemed to be actively targeting me, I watched them in my rear view mirror and they went out of there way to change their racing line just to ram be in the rear end. The aggression setting is at 50%. It isn't the first time that I have been rammed from behind, but nothing as bad as this! Is the AI modelled on Audi drivers? :-)

Would love to see a replay of that one!

Roushman624
08-11-2017, 12:57
The crackling is killing my ears literally. It's only this game that does it for some reason.

F4H Murphy
08-11-2017, 14:12
Never really felt it necessary to post in here, but, here we go.

I do thoroughly enjoys the game but sometimes it makes me want to shoot myself in the face

1. First one was ESL Go4 Final on Sunday past....invisible wall built into the back of a ferrari

(Have video but can't post link)

2. This one is strange...all the graphics messed up...grass looked like water. M6 at Imola

(Have video but won't let me post)

3. Having engine sounds dropping out and not coming back when I get into a lobby

4. Unable to connect to lobby bugs

5. Tyres randomly shooting up 30 degreesC during race.

6. FFB rattle when over 12 in lobby on Thrustmaster TMX

7. Huge frame rates when people joining lobbys

8. Game randomly changing date of event...was in one the other day that changed it from 27/04/17 at Imola to 31/12/1971??

9. Disconnects from lobby which then takes away licence points. Game can differentiate bettween 'left the session' and a disconnect so this should be amended.

10. Return to pit bug where the car shoots into outer space and has every kind of damage you can think of.

11. Video slow down bug at SUGO. Seems like the car slows down and then it speeds up. Very off putting

12. Saving over setups sometimes still keeps the old setup on the car.

13. Time trial leaderboards hardly ever let you load past 30-39 / Page 3

14. Engine overheating at tracks when on default setup bug. Happened at Catalunya in Ferrari GT3 Qualifying

15. Tyre smoke in mirror glitch

16. Game freezing in Time trial menu's which dashboards.....also freezing in loading to practice/race/quali screen which dashboards

17. Loss of all FFB between quali and race waiting screen.... I always have to plug out and in my wheel as a pre-empt measure just in case. Pretty annoying.

Game is still pretty unplayable in multiplayer with over 12 people. Only thing I do is multiplayer / TT / Community Events so all of these things are starting to turn my hair grey. I'm not going to be switching to another game as they've got horrible physics but seriously need a fix.

Hopefully this list helps and maybe there are some things you haven't heard of or seen.

Cheers :cool:

ProCorvette73
08-11-2017, 14:24
I agree. The chase cam makes the car look like it is going 10 mph.

ProCorvette73
08-11-2017, 14:30
This is a feature in settings.It is in the second tab within camera settings and I believe it is called field of view or motion blur. This setting blurs to represent where the drivers eyes will focus at different speeds.

rpstar
09-11-2017, 23:24
The savings over setup issue I get around by always going to "save new setup" and then overwriting the one I want to save to as yeah, I've seen the same issue of it not saving. Hoping that get's fixed soon as it's something I do constantly.

Roushman624
10-11-2017, 01:02
I encountered a new bug on the X. At the start of the race the car would not move. Only happened once so far.

Dukey_40
10-11-2017, 15:19
Known bug? Started Career mode in Formula Renault's, first round (..in all sessions) at the Algarve circuit and I can't change up from 4th to 5th and then to 6th, displays gear changes but not physically changing up, 155mph in 4th max :(

..so is there a 'leave/quit current series' option available?

The_Senser
12-11-2017, 10:58
I have found that if I pause the game or leave it on menu for a period of time that the FFB goes on the TX. On a number of occasions, I have been playing, (either mid race or even between sessions such as going from practice to qualifying or qualifying to race) and I have left the Xbox for a period of time, to have dinner or something, I have then come back 30 minutes later, gone back on track and there is no FFB. I have to quit the game and restart to get it to work again. Is this a known issue? I didn't experience this before patch 2.0, but then the game was almost unplayable for me then, so didn't invest so much time with it.

Rockefelluh
12-11-2017, 18:31
I have found that if I pause the game or leave it on menu for a period of time that the FFB goes on the TX. On a number of occasions, I have been playing, (either mid race or even between sessions such as going from practice to qualifying or qualifying to race) and I have left the Xbox for a period of time, to have dinner or something, I have then come back 30 minutes later, gone back on track and there is no FFB. I have to quit the game and restart to get it to work again. Is this a known issue? I didn't experience this before patch 2.0, but then the game was almost unplayable for me then, so didn't invest so much time with it.

This is a common problem with many racing games on Xbox. I don't think it's related specifically to this game.

The_Senser
12-11-2017, 19:01
This is a common problem with many racing games on Xbox. I don't think it's related specifically to this game.

I haven't noticed it in other games. I will try it with PC1 or Forza and see what happens. It certainly loses the FFB between sessions without any break. If did 3 consecutive races in the Canterham SP/300R and then did the 4th race, and lose FFB between practice and qualifying, so that isn't normal behaviour.

Rockefelluh
12-11-2017, 23:25
I haven't noticed it in other games. I will try it with PC1 or Forza and see what happens. It certainly loses the FFB between sessions without any break. If did 3 consecutive races in the Canterham SP/300R and then did the 4th race, and lose FFB between practice and qualifying, so that isn't normal behaviour.

I have encountered on Dirt Rally and Dirt 4.

neefoo
13-11-2017, 12:50

My Honda seem to have self-healed during a rally-cross race. The front of the car was lost during a crash, but when I watched the replay after the race, I found that the front suddenly was fixed! It was lost, then it was stuck on to the car again. That is interesting...sort of.

Good fun to drive rally-cross though! =))

Hovering, knocked-down tyres...
Just wanted to know is the problem is reported? Some rally-cross course I played today.

The tyres along the side of the track is hovering in the air after being knocked down... =/

Roger Prynne
13-11-2017, 13:30

My Honda seem to have self-healed during a rally-cross race. The front of the car was lost during a crash, but when I watched the replay after the race, I found that the front suddenly was fixed! It was lost, then it was stuck on to the car again. That is interesting...sort of.

Good fun to drive rally-cross though! =))

Hovering, knocked-down tyres...
Just wanted to know is the problem is reported? Some rally-cross course I played today.

The tyres along the side of the track is hovering in the air after being knocked down... =/
What track?

Xyphos
13-11-2017, 15:55
I have encountered the following problems while playing this game.

1. Force Feedback - After hours of playing on Thrustmaster TX, when slowing down in a straight line, the wheel swerves left and right violently.
2. Heads-Up Display - I used to have the potential lap display at the top that changed from red to green depending on lap performance. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get that display back. Also, when I turn off the HUD using the D-pad, there is still the lap timers on the left.
3. Career - Practice and Qualifying are turned off for the Career mode. Restarting the system does not help. Changing drivers/racing disciplines does not help. Playing a Quick Play race with Practice and Qualify does not help.

I really wish these bugs were not present. The Career bug I'm experiencing makes me not want to play career at all. I depend on practice and qualify to perform well in the race.

tarbat
13-11-2017, 16:58
3. Career - Practice and Qualifying are turned off for the Career mode. Restarting the system does not help. Changing drivers/racing disciplines does not help. Playing a Quick Play race with Practice and Qualify does not help.

This may sound silly, but did you turn Practice and Qualifying ON in the career session. It's not obvious where these settings are (top right of screen).

Schnizz58
13-11-2017, 17:33
This may sound silly, but did you turn Practice and Qualifying ON in the career session. It's not obvious where these settings are (top right of screen).

I think they're on by default. I noticed similar behavior when I first started my career. I started in Ginetta Jr. and ran the practice session for the first race (Oulton Park) but didn't go on to qualifying because it was late. The next day when I picked it back up, practice was turned off (because I had already done it) but qualy was still turned on. When I did the qualy and race and went to the next event, practice was turned back on. Not sure if this helps the OP at all but just thought I'd mention it.

Maskmagog
13-11-2017, 17:37
2. Heads-Up Display - I used to have the potential lap display at the top that changed from red to green depending on lap performance. For the life of me, I cannot figure out how to get that display back. Also, when I turn off the HUD using the D-pad, there is still the lap timers on the left.

I think you can cycle the potential lap display by pressing right on D-pad. Cycle through off/potential/last/fastest lap.

neefoo
13-11-2017, 19:04
What track?

Hockenheim Rally Cross, I think...

neefoo
13-11-2017, 19:05
On the same track one of the visible cameras in the replay (think its first corner) suddenly dissapears from right screen.

c T z 7
14-11-2017, 19:03

1. Force Feedback - After hours of playing on Thrustmaster TX, when slowing down in a straight line, the wheel swerves left and right violently.

I really wish these bugs were not present. The Career bug I'm experiencing makes me not want to play career at all. I depend on practice and qualify to perform well in the race.

I also have the same problem with ITEM 2. No potential lap display at the top... it use to help me a lot by the way...

PHL33
14-11-2017, 21:34
BUG: When xbox is offline, I cannot save new setups. I can only overwrite existing ones. When attempting to save a new setup under any name it says "Invalid:Use of Profanity" (something along those lines).

Xyphos
16-11-2017, 00:25
I think you can cycle the potential lap display by pressing right on D-pad. Cycle through off/potential/last/fastest lap.

This definitely helped. I simply never tried pressing right on the D-pad because I assumed it did the opposite of pressing left on the D-pad (which cycles through HUD modes). Thank you.

Xyphos
16-11-2017, 00:26
I think they're on by default. I noticed similar behavior when I first started my career. I started in Ginetta Jr. and ran the practice session for the first race (Oulton Park) but didn't go on to qualifying because it was late. The next day when I picked it back up, practice was turned off (because I had already done it) but qualy was still turned on. When I did the qualy and race and went to the next event, practice was turned back on. Not sure if this helps the OP at all but just thought I'd mention it.

This also solved my problem. Advancing to the next event in the career turned them back on. I must have already completed the Practice and Qualify sessions for that event without remembering. Thank you.

alegunner68
16-11-2017, 06:43
Was the skip to end of session bug fixed? I did a practice session at monza last night where we were all around 1.41, when i skipped to the end the fastest time was a 1.11.

Urban Chaos 2.0
16-11-2017, 07:54
Downshifting is extremely inconsistent. This issue did not exist pre patch and only manifests in motion.

I'm using the standard paddle shifters on my Thrustmaster TMX pro, and have tested a couple cars at a couple different tracks. First noticed it when I returned to career mode (Ginetta GT5 is much improved btw, very nice to drive now).

I tested from a stop and can cycle up and down through the gears with no delay regardless of how fast I pull the paddles. When driving, the downshifts are selective, they work about 75% of the time. Usually it'll miss the last downshift coming into a hairpin and will occasionally miss one gear downshifts for kink like corners. I have had no issues at all with upshifts.

I'll admit I don't know anything about programming but how the hell do you break downshifting? Honestly this is more frustrating to me than any of the other bugs so far. Especially because it'll likely be another month before it's fixed :mad: I can work around difficult to drive cars, I can't really do anything if the game doesn't respond to inputs.

It's a feature not a bug. You shouldn't be able to fly down gears at any rate you want. It's downshift over-rev protection and it's realistic. Having said that we're considering softening it a little.

Random angry face to join in :mad: :)

Regarding this, please DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING IF IT'S REALISTIC. I don't want features removed and tweaked simply because some people want to be able to change gears UNREALISTICALLY. If it's realistic, don't tweak it. This is a sim. No compromises. The cars that have over-rev protection in real life, should have it to the same degree in the sim. Period.

Siberian Tiger
16-11-2017, 08:00
Was the skip to end of session bug fixed? I did a practice session at monza last night where we were all around 1.41, when i skipped to the end the fastest time was a 1.11.

Yes, it is fixed, but in rare cases there are AI which only have 2 Time Sectors correct registered. (3rd one without Time) and this could lead exactly to such a Result.
(Needs an additional safety code net...)

carlosmoitinho
16-11-2017, 21:56
When will the patch come out?

Konan
17-11-2017, 03:53
When will the patch come out?

Wrong thread...

Cafe Racer
17-11-2017, 21:38
Regarding this, please DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING IF IT'S REALISTIC. I don't want features removed and tweaked simply because some people want to be able to change gears UNREALISTICALLY. If it's realistic, don't tweak it. This is a sim. No compromises. The cars that have over-rev protection in real life, should have it to the same degree in the sim. Period.

Totally AGREE! Play Forza for unrealistic physics...

T Ghost
18-11-2017, 14:31
I had a new update yesterday, Xbox One X here. What was in it?

Konan
18-11-2017, 15:19

No need to repeat...already answered in the other thread...

T Ghost
18-11-2017, 16:15
No need to repeat...already answered in the other thread...

Thank you for you rudeness. Fits well in a moderator. Care to disclose the secret of what the heck of other topic you are talking about. Didnt find anything on the 2.0 uodate topic.

Maskmagog
18-11-2017, 16:24

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57458-Project-CARS-2-XB1X-amp-PS4-Pro-Updates-Changelog

T Ghost
18-11-2017, 16:27
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57458-Project-CARS-2-XB1X-amp-PS4-Pro-Updates-Changelog

Thanks for being helpful instead of rude and obnoxious. However, the topic you linked has no information whatsoever. Any idea of what topic is Konan talking about?

Roger Prynne
18-11-2017, 16:42
Thanks for being helpful instead of rude and obnoxious. However, the topic you linked has no information whatsoever. Any idea of what topic is Konan talking about?

He wasn't being rude and obnoxious like you're being.

He answered you in the other thread you posted in..... http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56983-XBOX-ONE-X-Well-then-!&p=1425287&viewfull=1#post1425287

The_Senser
19-11-2017, 19:50
I have had some stuttering on the Xbox One X, especially coming out of the garage (doesn't always happen and could be caused by Network), I used the Transfer option on the original Xbox one, so that when I got the X, I was good to go. Would I benefit from zapping it and doing a fresh install?

PervasiveFall8
19-11-2017, 21:06
I can progess last 2nd Chevrolet manufacture event (c7r @ COTA). I win by huge margins but after doing it 3 times now. I shows me first overall and then continues to another screen which is blank (driver and team points page). I assume since it’s blank it’s not crediting me with the win.

I lapped up to 4th overall twice. I’m literally 2 laps up almost all of the AI in the game.
Don’t know if this is patch 2.0 or x1x issue.

snipeme77
20-11-2017, 19:31
I have had some stuttering on the Xbox One X, especially coming out of the garage (doesn't always happen and could be caused by Network), I used the Transfer option on the original Xbox one, so that when I got the X, I was good to go. Would I benefit from zapping it and doing a fresh install?

I would, I've heard the same problems around the forum and most say a fresh install helps.

alegunner68
20-11-2017, 19:48
I was having framerate issues after i installed the game and patch at the same time. I deleted then re-installed the game first and then the patch. Seems better.

The_Senser
20-11-2017, 21:49
I would, I've heard the same problems around the forum and most say a fresh install helps.

Cheers :-)

Ixoye56
24-11-2017, 14:25
It seems like a good idea to make a fresh installation for the next patch to avoid unnecessary problems...

Project Cars Xbox One
24-11-2017, 17:17
Do we have any news when the next update will be released?

Roger Prynne
24-11-2017, 19:11
Do we have any news when the next update will be released?

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?57203-Patch-on-the-Finish-Line

Maskmagog
26-11-2017, 10:34
Tyre weirdness in career Group A.
This is at least in part reported, but still: Career Group A, BMW M3 at Oschersleben B course, dry conditions, track and ambient temp around 24 deg C. I struggled in practice, tyres (slick) squeling and screaming through every corner, losing grip and spinning out. Car is generally unstable, I had be reeeeeally easy on throttle in corner exits. I'm 2-3 seconds off the pace. Changed to wet, and voila! Suddenly I'm beating the AI easily. No tyre squeal, car is stable, easy to drive.
So I qualified on wets, got pole with 2 seconds. Time to race. Still on wet. Now the tyres are preheated before the race, but wets are heated to 90 degrees, thus overheating and losing grip because of this.

Should wets really be preheated to ~90 degrees C?