PDA

View Full Version : [XB1] Patch 2.0 Discussion thread

Pages : [1] 2

Bealdor
11-10-2017, 10:47
Please use this thread to discuss patch 2.0 for XB1.
It will be opened as soon as the patch will arrive.

Lukeymonster
14-10-2017, 01:52
First, so far the patch seems to have done some great things in my initial testing. While testing the GT3 cars being able to drive straight I noticed something new, or something I had not before.

As I was just trying to get to the straights over multiple laps I was running the tires pretty hot, orange and red on the hud. Anytime the tires were a warm color smoke began to pour out of the back like I was locking up. No sound effect though. The smoke left when the temps returned to normal. Didn't seem to affect the car.

Nothing major. I just wanted to report. Cars drove straight by the way!

TooMuchCyanide
14-10-2017, 02:36
That strange "slow down" bug is still present. One noticeable area where this happens is on the two left hand corners before the sweeping uphill right hand turn at Sportsland Sugo.

Dynomight Motorsports
14-10-2017, 02:47
Strange but I didn't have the Setup/Save bug but it is ever present now. I'm currently testing GT3's at Sonoma and I was having mixed results after making adjustments. Just to verify I would change the brake bias, and sometimes it saves and sometimes it reverts back to what it was including all the other settings I had changed even though i got that nifty new Saved Setup Screen. Other than that The cars seem to be handling a bit better. I instantly picked up 1.8 seconds at Sonoma in the Acura with no adjustments.

x M3AMI x
14-10-2017, 02:59
Downshifting is extremely inconsistent. This issue did not exist pre patch and only manifests in motion.

I'm using the standard paddle shifters on my Thrustmaster TMX pro, and have tested a couple cars at a couple different tracks. First noticed it when I returned to career mode (Ginetta GT5 is much improved btw, very nice to drive now).

I tested from a stop and can cycle up and down through the gears with no delay regardless of how fast I pull the paddles. When driving, the downshifts are selective, they work about 75% of the time. Usually it'll miss the last downshift coming into a hairpin and will occasionally miss one gear downshifts for kink like corners. I have had no issues at all with upshifts.

I'll admit I don't know anything about programming but how the hell do you break downshifting? Honestly this is more frustrating to me than any of the other bugs so far. Especially because it'll likely be another month before it's fixed :mad: I can work around difficult to drive cars, I can't really do anything if the game doesn't respond to inputs.

Ian Bell
14-10-2017, 03:15
Downshifting is extremely inconsistent. This issue did not exist pre patch and only manifests in motion.

I'm using the standard paddle shifters on my Thrustmaster TMX pro, and have tested a couple cars at a couple different tracks. First noticed it when I returned to career mode (Ginetta GT5 is much improved btw, very nice to drive now).

I tested from a stop and can cycle up and down through the gears with no delay regardless of how fast I pull the paddles. When driving, the downshifts are selective, they work about 75% of the time. Usually it'll miss the last downshift coming into a hairpin and will occasionally miss one gear downshifts for kink like corners. I have had no issues at all with upshifts.

I'll admit I don't know anything about programming but how the hell do you break downshifting? Honestly this is more frustrating to me than any of the other bugs so far. Especially because it'll likely be another month before it's fixed :mad: I can work around difficult to drive cars, I can't really do anything if the game doesn't respond to inputs.

It's a feature not a bug. You shouldn't be able to fly down gears at any rate you want. It's downshift over-rev protection and it's realistic. Having said that we're considering softening it a little.

Random angry face to join in :mad: :)

Dynomight Motorsports
14-10-2017, 03:48
It's a feature not a bug. You shouldn't be able to fly down gears at any rate you want. It's downshift over-rev protection and it's realistic. Having said that we're considering softening it a little.

Glad you addressed this. I was wondering about the health of my wheel, but it only started after I downloaded the patch.

x M3AMI x
14-10-2017, 03:57

I can appreciate the simulation of over-rev protection but as many others (yourself included) have noted, this is far too intrusive now.

I was aware of the feature beforehand, and I've never "flown through the gears" in this game. Once it became more intrusive today I was more deliberate in waiting to downshift at certain times and still nothing. High RPM engine braking is a real thing too ;)

Although I appreciate your candor I feel you may have been better served just addressing the fact that you already said you'd likely patch it in another thread rather than mocking my frustration to close your reply. FWIW I saw your post about patching it AFTER I made my initial post.

Ian Bell
14-10-2017, 04:02
I can appreciate the simulation of over-rev protection but as many others (yourself included) have noted, this is far too intrusive now.

I was aware of the feature beforehand, and I've never "flown through the gears" in this game. Once it became more intrusive today I was more deliberate in waiting to downshift at certain times and still nothing. High RPM engine braking is a real thing too ��

Although I appreciate your candor I feel you may have been better served just addressing the fact that you already said you'd likely patch it in another thread rather than mocking my frustration to close your reply. FWIW I saw your post about patching it AFTER I made my initial post.

We've listened and will move the over-rev limit up another 10% for the next patch. IIRC we allow up to 105% at the moment and will raise that to 115% We absolutely want to keep the functionality in though as it does go to realism.

And yes high RPM braking is a thing, but not beyond the RPM limits and we already allow it to go to 105%...

x M3AMI x
14-10-2017, 04:06
We've listened and will move the over-rev limit up another 10% for the next patch. IIRC we allow up to 105% at the moment and will raise that to 115% We absolutely want to keep the functionality in though as it does go to realism.

And yes high RPM braking is a thing, but not beyond the RPM limits and we already allow it to go to 105%...

Appreciated and looking forward to it. I'll work on adjusting my own timing until then.

Dynomight Motorsports
14-10-2017, 06:05
Definitely still having trouble with some settings in the Setup saving. Was online with 2 other drivers that experienced the same thing.

-Making adjustments Save Setup, go back in Adjustments are there.. but after going out on track nothing has changed. Come back in to Setup and it has reverted back to previous saved settings. It's not consistent.

-Also created a Private Lobby and set Multi-class (GTE, GT4, LMP2) , but invitee's could only chose car that I was in (GTE). AI chose the the other Classes.

I also recommend everyone with a Wheel re-calibrate their wheel and pedals.

Mon Pavion
14-10-2017, 06:20
Still has that annoying little bug that makes the rear view mirror disappear when you cycle the hud to tire temps etc.

Mirror comes back if you go to edit hud on the pause menu then go back to the game

Jezza819
14-10-2017, 06:52
I've still got the issue with GT3 cars trying to run over 15 AI cars causing a massive vibration on a few cars.

The AI seems better behaved and the pack is a little more balanced. I think the strength has been reduced in certain cars. In Indy Road cars I still saw the top 2 cars sprint off into the distance but in other classes I didn't see that as much as I used to.

LukeC
14-10-2017, 06:55
The wheel animation on the Chevrolet indycar is wrong. The wheels seem to never spin fast enough to blur the Firestone logos on the inside of the tyres; they always look as if the car is travelling at about 10kph.

Sorry this was meant to go into the ps4 bug thread.

Roushman624
14-10-2017, 07:41
Shadows and pop ins are still there. Weird shadows around the car during replay. Screen tearing is still there but much better. AA is still an ongoing problem. Engine audio is still very low. Road cars that have KERS barely recharge but don't know if this is a bug or not. So far the game looks much better and I know SMS are working hard. Keep up the good work and make this game more beautiful! I forgot, my favorite car the Aston Martin Vulcan needs louder brakes!

breyzipp
14-10-2017, 08:10

So the 100% is the 1-on-1 realistic setting? I absolutely agree the feature should stay since it exists in reality as well. How about seeing it as an "assist"? So that you could set downshift over-rev protection to "OFF / 115% / AUTHENTIC"? (I absolutely have no clue how much work that would be to make a variable out of it, if it's not worth the hassle then never mind).

I would personally set it to AUTHENTIC to be honest. If it's unrealistic to fly through 4-5 gears in a split second then I don't want to be able to do it.

edit - @Konan - Bealdor already had a sticky post-patch bug report prepared in the support sub forum here. But I agree this main XBox forum is better since the PS4 one is in the main as well. Maybe delete the one from him? I'm sure he doesn't mind, he will just have to "eel with it". ;)

Callum Hedge
14-10-2017, 08:12
The biggest issue I have the the downshifting as you guys said earlier because I am a late breaker and hard on downshifts o just get to my desired gear in time for the corner, don't mind it being there I just found that it was way to intrusive and actually hurting my lap times. In saying you will fix it in the next patch when is that going to be released because the game is not as enjoyable as it was before the patch thanks.

Lazyilluminati1
14-10-2017, 08:16
Still has that annoying little bug that makes the rear view mirror disappear when you cycle the hud to tire temps etc.

Mirror comes back if you go to edit hud on the pause menu then go back to the game

+1 on this the HUD seems to have a mind of its own and refuses to save preferences.

breyzipp
14-10-2017, 10:17
Turn indicator still missing the first turn.

Easy to reproduce this one (I have driving line off, turn indicator on)

* Community event (the LMP2 in the rain at Fuji)
* When the race starts (end of previous lap) turn indicator works
* Speeding over the start/finish and approaching turn 1 - there is no turn indicator
* Turn 2 and all the rest - turn indicator working fine
* Second and successive laps - Turn indicator does work on that turn 1 where it was missing before

I had the exact same thing happening with the Formula Renault 3.5 at Zhuhai community event in patch 1.03 on my PS4 Pro. There on turn 1 of the first lap the turn indicator was also missing.

Bluebird76
14-10-2017, 10:59
STILL PROBLEMS WITH MY G920

WTF ...

lil upset ....got something in my mind ....but not allowed to write .....

taatguna
14-10-2017, 11:01
The slow motion in chase cam steels the same....another month with out playing the game....this update in my opinion made major things to the game for good...it runs very nice in cokpit, and others cameras, but when you cicle to chase cam, the game just "stops", i mean, it runs in slow motion.... Please, fixe this...iv tried every thing in fov but nothing

Roger Prynne
14-10-2017, 11:02
STILL PROBLEMS WITH MY G920

WTF ...

lil upset ....got something in my mind ....but not allowed to write .....

Others are reporting a better story, whats your problem?

Roger Prynne
14-10-2017, 11:04
The slow motion in chase cam steels the same....another month with out playing the game....this update in my opinion made major things to the game for good...it runs very nice in cokpit, and others cameras, but when you cicle to chase cam, the game just "stops", i mean, it runs in slow motion.... Please, fixe this...iv tried every thing in fov but nothing

Why not just run in a different view until then.

Lewy
14-10-2017, 11:06
The strange helmet cam glitch is still present when approaching a corner and gearing down the screen flashes.
Other than that the games even better than it was before and my G920 feels like a totally different wheel,
extremely impressed!!! Thanks SMS

never enough
14-10-2017, 11:08
Yes, there are still issues with the G920. I posted in the G920 thread. I found it was related to the number of opponents IE. 21 opponents and the wheel was shaking uncontrollably but with 9 opponents under the same conditions it was OK...

Krylon Blue
14-10-2017, 11:12
Yes, there are still issues with the G920. I posted in the G920 thread. I found it was related to the number of opponents IE. 21 opponents and the wheel was shaking uncontrollably but with 9 opponents under the same conditions it was OK...

I didn’t seem to have any issues even with a max field. Do you get the issue when staying still or only while moving?

Krylon Blue
14-10-2017, 11:13
The strange helmet cam glitch is still present when approaching a corner and gearing down the screen flashes.
Other than that the games even better than it was before and my G920 feels like a totally different wheel,

It appears to be some major screen tearing that looks like a flash. I’m not sure if they can fix this on the Xbox One/S but luckily I’m getting an X where it’ll for sure be fixed.

never enough
14-10-2017, 11:14
I didn’t seem to have any issues even with a max field. Do you get the issue when staying still or only while moving?

Moving.

Perhaps it was only related to the track/car combo I was running? Haven't tried any others yet.

Bluebird76
14-10-2017, 11:14

still heavyiest shaking at 50km/h ....just tested is as Solo on LeMans with some Maclaren

so tired of that s...t

are there any suggested settings now??

Can SMS post there tested Settings please ...`????!!!!!

it was on Immersive Amplitude at ~75 ...rest of the Settings ~50

Krylon Blue
14-10-2017, 11:16
Moving.

Perhaps it was only related to the track/car combo I was running? Haven't tried any others yet.

I think that’s the case. I was able to control the Acura NSX and NSX GT3 without many issues but the Indy Car and Honda RallyCross race gave me so much trouble. But I can also confirm that the RallyCross race gave me trouble on a controller too but I just suck at those.

Edit: At times I do notice some odd shaking but it’s usually when I have low grip. I haven’t had a ton of issues since the patch but I definitely need a wider sample size. Maybe using Immersive is a big jarring and you should try informative?

Bluebird76
14-10-2017, 11:19

tried now these ...

Informative

its better ....

Blackers722
14-10-2017, 11:26
got the same issues as this

Du007
14-10-2017, 12:26
i lost my career progression after the patch :(

Roushman624
14-10-2017, 12:37
Some sound bug where there is this strange putt noise and it is happening quite often now...

Roushman624
14-10-2017, 12:58
I've tested 2 different headphones and have the noise coming in quite frequently. Very annoying.

SolitarySandpiper
14-10-2017, 13:17
my trustmaster tx still oscillates uncontrollably when trying to drive straight... only happens in immersive flavor and can be controlled by turning down the gain but as a default setting its unfortunate to say the least as it kind of ruined my enjoyment of the game early on until i figured it out.

GTX BaCoNSauCZ
14-10-2017, 13:23
I have different issues. Tried browsing the forum for other posts but cannot find any. Strange fps drops to steady 30fps after playing for a while when going to a new track(Happened on Sugo in online multiplayer qualifying, race was fine at 60 fps) and Spa in private testing. Restarting game fixes it. The penalty system dishes out penalties to people who get hit off track if they save it and come back on the track. Overtaking someone who has spun out and your only choice is to avoid a crash is to overtake outside of track limits, you get penalty. Same with getting rear ended past another car, also penalty etc.This might not be a bug but sure is annoying. If this is already known by Devs, then my apologies, just frustrating. Keep on it though, great game :)

Roger Prynne
14-10-2017, 13:39
I have different issues. Tried browsing the forum for other posts but cannot find any. Strange fps drops to steady 30fps after playing for a while when going to a new track(Happened on Sugo in online multiplayer qualifying, race was fine at 60 fps) and Spa in private testing. Restarting game fixes it. The penalty system dishes out penalties to people who get hit off track if they save it and come back on the track. Overtaking someone who has spun out and your only choice is to avoid a crash is to overtake outside of track limits, you get penalty. Same with getting rear ended past another car, also penalty etc.This might not be a bug but sure is annoying. If this is already known by Devs, then my apologies, just frustrating. Keep on it though, great game :)

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55312-Right!-I-ve-had-enough-of-this-BS-skill-rating-calculation!&p=1396292&viewfull=1#post1396292

Dynomight Motorsports
14-10-2017, 13:48
Some sound bug where there is this strange putt noise and it is happening quite often now...

Does it sound like the engine cutting out a bit on the exit of the corner or when your on the curbing?
I think its the Traction Control cutting power. Its a bit more prevalent now, especially in the Loose setups.

tarbat
14-10-2017, 13:55
The graphical glitch in helmet cam view is still evident even with the new patch :( See http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52687-Camera-change-flickering-when-downshifting&p=1396364&viewfull=1#post1396364

Roushman624
14-10-2017, 14:29
Does it sound like the engine cutting out a bit on the exit of the corner or when your on the curbing?
I think its the Traction Control cutting power. Its a bit more prevalent now, especially in the Loose setups.

No I fixed it by hard resetting the Xbox. I have no idea what was wrong but it's okay now.

Grea5eMunki
14-10-2017, 14:56
Overall it seems much better however still a few issues.
It detects my Fanatec wheel but detects my Clubsport pedals as CSL Elite and cannot be changed.
Calibrating pedals it hits 100 % at about 3/4 throttle and clutch. Brake is difficult to set up with 100% at a reasonable pressure without the brakes then binding. Took a few goes to find a balance.
Saving setups is potluck
Over rev protection is an issue i thought my wheel was playing up at 1st till i figured it out.

oda10
14-10-2017, 15:20
Silverstone National back straight becomes undrivable in light rain after a while.

Driving a GT5 career race 10 minutes long in light rain. The back straight becomes undrivable the last 3-4 minutes and the AI cars seem unaffected. I spin out if I go faster than 50km/h in straight line.

marcoma
14-10-2017, 15:35
Now I can play with full grid with normal speed /framerate, but the problem now is that it alters the handling of the car. I tested full grid with 80 AI and the car is sliding in every corner, burning smoke and overheating the tires, impossible to control. of course I can't keep up with them, but if I change full grid to say 15 cars (including mine) the handling problem disappears and the race becomes competitive.

loose/stable setups is not the issue.

Trabbant
14-10-2017, 15:59
Re-entered the track from pit during a qualifying session in the rain, the wipers weren't on but the sound of them was...Took a while to figure that one out.

There are probably 100's of small buglets like this but I suppose they may as well be mentioned.

Mowzer
14-10-2017, 16:00
I think since the patch the engineer has got quieter for me :confused:.

Gav88888
14-10-2017, 16:13
Noticed a pit stop bug. I was doing GT3 at Spa, when in for more fuel came out of the pit box and suddenly it ended the session.

T Ghost
14-10-2017, 16:24
G920 Issues improved a little but persists:

Is it fixed?

Custom event
Falcon V8SC
Bathurst, 3 laps
21 opponents
Flavour: Immersive
Hard reset Xbox

Wheel shaking uncontrollably when driving in a straight line.

I repeated the same conditions but with 9 opponents and there was no shaking.

Changed it back to 21 opponents and it started shaking uncontrollably again.

still have massive Problems

was there some Firmware update for the wheel latley ?

damn I´m so annoyed ......

For me it improved but didn't fix the G920:

Stoped issue of wheel fully turning to one side after loading race/session and showing car inside the boxes
At full stop, on the track, wheel doesn't violently wobble left and right, even with gain at 100
Wheel still strongly wobbles left + right at straights but at a lesser grade

Persistent G920 Issues after 2.0 patch:

Wheel still strongly wobbles left and right
Release the wheel for 1 second, 100% straight, 60 mph, enough to completely spin any car
Issue happens independently of FFB flavor and settings, even with FX at Zero, gain, volume and tone at 50
Xbox One S
OS: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.171012-1520 (preview alpha ring 10/13/17 update)
Hard reset Xbox AFTER installing patch and running it once
G920 updated to latest firmware on PC, FW Version 96.3.49, from 6-MAY-2016
Issue is not present on Assetto Corsa, neither any of the FM titles.

This is beyond frustrating. Had high hopes for 2.0...

fenix_2k1
14-10-2017, 17:09
2 bugs with 2.0 so far. Every session after placing pages game crashes with static like sound through speakers then back to menu.

Driving with Thrustmaster TX Wheel and Pro Pedals, downshifts under braking induce an on screen flicker and occasionally a downshift is missed. For completeness Xbox One S, 4k, Oulton park, G40 GT5 race, TX458 + pro pedals, manual gears, auto clutch, on screen wheel off, most noticeable braking for the Hislop Chicane 5th to 2nd

Project Cars 2 physics are much improved over the first game which I completely gave up on but I still feel like a beta tester.

Twista
14-10-2017, 17:26
I still feel like the driving line is still broken in multiplayer. Some races it works others not at all and realistic is neve forced

Yoshi63
14-10-2017, 17:32
Since I installed the patch the calibration of the pedals of my G920 no longer work. On my steering wheel the maximum physical brake pressure is equivalent to 50 on the calibration screen gauge. Only once on the track by pressing the pedal to the maximum I have only 50% braking power, like the game do not apply the calibration. I tried to hardreboot the console, unplug the steering wheel, nothing changed. I tried in another game (Dirt Rally) without worries. The game is unplayable because I can not brake hard enough. I had no worries before the patch.

Tomghost
14-10-2017, 17:37
Even the problem with the address with the pad is still there ..... with more than 15 AI starts to go from side to side

Black ZR1
14-10-2017, 17:39
Driving with Thrustmaster TX Wheel and Pro Pedals, downshifts under braking induce an on screen flicker and occasionally a downshift is missed.
I had the on-screen flicker when downshifting bug before the patch(which only occurs when using the helmet camera) and it seems to have only gotten worse-now it occurs when upshifting too. *sigh*

E.Hak
14-10-2017, 18:06
G920 Issues improved a little but persists:

For me it improved but didn't fix the G920:

Stoped issue of wheel fully turning to one side after loading race/session and showing car inside the boxes
At full stop, on the track, wheel doesn't violently wobble left and right, even with gain at 100
Wheel still strongly wobbles left + right at straights but at a lesser grade

Persistent G920 Issues after 2.0 patch:

Wheel still strongly wobbles left and right
Release the wheel for 1 second, 100% straight, 60 mph, enough to completely spin any car
Issue happens independently of FFB flavor and settings, even with FX at Zero, gain, volume and tone at 50
Xbox One S
OS: rs3_release_xbox_dev_1710.171012-1520 (preview alpha ring 10/13/17 update)
Hard reset Xbox AFTER installing patch and running it once
G920 updated to latest firmware on PC, FW Version 96.3.49, from 6-MAY-2016
Issue is not present on Assetto Corsa, neither any of the FM titles.

This is beyond frustrating. Had high hopes for 2.0...

Fully agree with T Ghost on everything, well written too...

It seems the only way to eradicate the G920 from doing what it wants to do, is to change the FFB so it feels like you are playing Mario Kart. I like my dead zones on 0 and my sensitivity on 100, I would like to run RAW but I have to run Immersive after the patch today. :confused:

LukeC1991
14-10-2017, 18:16
The HUD editor is now completely broken for me. I cannot save the settings with the D-pad and pressing A. I turn off the rear view mirror for cockpit view and as I soon as I change views and return to cockpit view the mirror returns. Also when I scroll between editing the HUD for each view, my settings I changed for the previous view are reset. How has a patch made this worse? :(

STRAKKA R11
14-10-2017, 18:20
There seems to be a problem with indycar since the patch on xbox. The default stable and loose setups don't load propperly, and they never feel the same.

I am currently running Texas speedway and the car turns left pretty significantly without input on the controller. I looked at the jack settings and they weren't really making a difference. So i went from the stable oval to the loose oval setup. I noticed the jack level was from -3 to -1 and in quali it performed amazing. The turning was reduced significantly and there was no smoke coming from my tyres through the bends (unlike before and at other circuits like road america).

I load into the race and without changing set ups, the car handles like it did at the start. I look and its gone back to stable setup for ovals. So i switch but no effect happens on my car! I still get significant left turning and smoke coming from my tyres.

So i quit into time trial and run loose and it is back to normal?!

I know the game is sensitive track and environment etc but it shouldn't be upsetting the jack surely?

STRAKKA R11
14-10-2017, 18:22
Just done a few other tests and it seems to happen only in career mode.

LukeC1991
14-10-2017, 18:41
Make sure you check your tyre compounds on your custom car setups. I just drove the Nissan R89C and all of my custom setups had the tyres changed to ice :S

milliotseb
14-10-2017, 18:46
I cannot save the settings with the D-pad and pressing A.
I was also surprised that nothing happen when I pressed A when over the "save" button (the button is not highlighted in blue when A is pressed). BUT it looks like the saving is working anyway (I could re-enable the rear view mirror in full HUD)
I go a lot of game freeze when trying to quit online sessions (where race was already ongoing). Pcars2 did not go back to online server list and is not responding. This is my main problem with the update.
It also looks like the online session details are not always accurate (some servers were indicated in qualif for 10 more minutes, but they were already in the race when joining)

taatguna
14-10-2017, 18:54
Why not just run in a different view until then.

I know mate, i am trying, bur i play with controler and i am not fast in cokpit cam, but i am trying.....but i thought that bug was one of the important ones, cause a belive theres a few playres who likes to play in chase cam...

Foolsjester
14-10-2017, 19:34
The HUD editor is now completely broken for me. I cannot save the settings with the D-pad and pressing A. I turn off the rear view mirror for cockpit view and as I soon as I change views and return to cockpit view the mirror returns. Also when I scroll between editing the HUD for each view, my settings I changed for the previous view are reset. How has a patch made this worse? :(

Move cursor over save with controller left stick and select A.

thevilleky
14-10-2017, 19:55

Thought I had seen somebody else post this. Nice to know I'm not batty. I have the same issue in helmet cam but with the tmx pro racing wheel. At least it's playable in cockpit view and that isn't drastically different then helmet cam. Love having the setups that PC guys had. Took out the c7 gte and I can actually drive it now. Having a blast again. Now to save up for a PC, Direct drive,Oculus, button box, racing seat,....

AtotheY
14-10-2017, 20:00

Agreed, HUD is very inconsistent. The in cockpit mirror just disappears. Very annoying

AtotheY
14-10-2017, 20:03
G920 FFB problem still prominent with most of the high powered cars. Wheel feels possessed and makes steering pretty, pretty, pretty BAD. Anyone else experiencing this problem with the G920?

Maskmagog
14-10-2017, 20:05
Hope this is a bug and not a "feature".
When racing (Xbox One, cockpit view, Ginetta JR, career, Oulton or Snetterton) the car dash gets blurry in high speeds. Now, that's probably a feature, to increase the feeling of speed. Fine. But, if there's a car in front of me, that gets all blurry too. Pretty sure that doesn't add to the feeling of speed. This happened before the patch as well.

Otherwise, I'm really happy with the patch! A long wait, but worth it. In general, it feels a lot easier to push the car without losing grip. So I can't blame the game for my crappy driving anymore :) Love UDP! Nice work SMS!

AtotheY
14-10-2017, 20:13
G920 FFB problem still prominent with most of the high powered cars. Wheel feels possessed and makes steering pretty, pretty, pretty BAD. Anyone else experiencing this problem with the G920?

Roger Prynne
14-10-2017, 20:16
@Maskmagog Turn off blur I think.

Just Another Frog
14-10-2017, 20:40
Agreed, HUD is very inconsistent. The in cockpit mirror just disappears. Very annoying

If you use the 'light' HUD setting (in the HUD options) and not 'full' then simply add in the bits you want (using the editor) then the mirror will stay there forever.

Maskmagog
14-10-2017, 20:44
@Maskmagog Turn off blur I think.

You mean "Helmet Depth Of Field" in Camera settings? Well yes, I could do that, and personally I won't miss the effect. But in the help text for that setting, it says "Replicating driver focus at high speed, the outer edges of the screen and cockpit become blurred, and only the track in front of you will remain in focus".
That does not work as expected, since a car just in front of you is all blurry too.

ShrewdRanger7
14-10-2017, 20:46
My G920 is shaking violently on fast straights. Wasn't experiencing this issue prior to the patch. Sad face.

HLR Toffo
14-10-2017, 21:01
Downshift protection is a common thing on most modern gt cars. Glad its simulated. Better than crazy downshifts with no consequence or straight line heavy engine braking, lol forza.

AtotheY
14-10-2017, 21:06
Can't shift through gears using the paddles on G920 while resuming game after pausing. Is SMS taking the piss?

Just Another Frog
14-10-2017, 21:18
Tyre temps (Formula Renault).
After a single lap of Catalunya the front left tyre is completely red/orange and after two laps all four are identical - with two near constant smoke trails coming from the car. Apart from them been highly distracting and looking kind of silly the car becomes near undriveable in any race of 3+ laps.

Any ideas to stop this happening would be most welcome. Thanks

ABS - on // STM - on // TCS - off (Tyre wear and fuel off)

[EDIT]:

Set a custom race at Catalunya with the Formula Renault using the above settings and the following conditions:- 2 laps / dry / summer / default tune / start from back of grid

Race with 0 opponents.
Race with 20 opponents (wait 30 seconds so you don't catch the pack)
Race with max opponents (wait 30 seconds......)

On each occasion watch the tyre temps. I'm finding that the more cars there are on the grid the faster the tyres heat up - with little or no effect on a low grid over 2 laps and complete overheating of both front tyres on bigger grids within a lap. The outcome is exactly the same with GT3 and GT4 classes on any dry track so I would hazzard a guess it's the same with other cars.

moustace
14-10-2017, 21:21
I can't do time trial anymore on my xbox, it says I need xbox live membership to do that. Is that a bug?

Grea5eMunki
14-10-2017, 21:25
Still have issues with my Fanatec wheel shaking down the straight sounds pretty much the same as the G920 issue. Still no shift lights on the wheel even though its enabled in the game

Zanth89
14-10-2017, 21:28
Formula rookie open wheelers, cant lower fuel load as it always reverts back to 20L even after the setup is saved. Also having issues getting tyre temps high enough. After 9 laps of redbull ring the tyre colours are still blue/green.

NMD
14-10-2017, 21:34
konan I'm going to be very heavy with this subject, I do not know if you work by SMS.but try in the next patch to put the configuration of the duration of training and classification, we have been asking for this for a long time, I am not the only person who is asked about this subject. and another thing the AI ​​is not consistent. sometimes the AI ​​in rain lowers the level a lot and you have to raise even more the difficulty. and also the option to advance the time in full classification and training.

Roushman624
14-10-2017, 22:26
I know mate, i am trying, bur i play with controler and i am not fast in cokpit cam, but i am trying.....but i thought that bug was one of the important ones, cause a belive theres a few playres who likes to play in chase cam...

I use controller and cockpit is the only view I use.

cxMilk
14-10-2017, 22:29
Formula rookie open wheelers, cant lower fuel load as it always reverts back to 20L even after the setup is saved. Also having issues getting tyre temps high enough. After 9 laps of redbull ring the tyre colours are still blue/green.
Hmm, are you in Quick Race or what mode are you experiencing this in? Been running FR in career and have had no issue with tire temp or setups properly saving fuel load, pre- or post-patch.

What if you save the setup and then load it instead of just saving and continuing?

never enough
14-10-2017, 22:37
Can't shift through gears using the paddles on G920 while resuming game after pausing. Is SMS taking the piss?

Yes, I noticed this too

Maskmagog
Blinking headlights bug in replays.
Racing at Donington (Ginetta JR, career, in rain). Took a photo of replay (paused) that shows the headlights of the car behind me, through the ground. Red line is ground level. Coppice corner, just before the back stretch, uphill. Going into photo mode, the headlights of all the cars flicker when I move the cursor.
Not the biggest deal in the world, but since the big bugs are mostly squished, maybe we can move on to these smaller ones? :)

Callum Hedge
Downshift protection is a common thing on most modern gt cars. Glad its simulated. Better than crazy downshifts with no consequence or straight line heavy engine braking, lol forza.

I like that it's there but if you brake late you don't have enough time to get to your desired gear, it is just way to instrusive and actually un realistic, like the Porsche GT3 24h my favourite car ruined by this feature

FORTKNOXFIVE
14-10-2017, 22:50
I'm really frustrated.. The g920 now works fine "i guess".. At least better than before the patch.
But things like the downshifting and that all my setups are now useless with some cars because now matter what i do there is always a huge amount of oversteering.. The Lambo SuperTrofeo is the worst. What happen to it? Before the patch everything works fine but now i cant even drive through corners without loosing the back of the car.. I have to drive so slow through them that even the AI overtakes at level of 30-40. I usually have them on 85. Its like driving on ice.

The next thing is that my game freezes everytime when ive finished a carrer race (dont know if this is the same for online and singleplayer, havent tested it yet) but this really anoying too.

And about the FFB fix i aint happy either.. It works fine until i jump back to the pits and load an another setup, the weird shaking like before the patch comes back. So everytime when i am adjusting my setups i have to restart the session.

Callum Hedge
14-10-2017, 23:58

I think the best way to solve it is 1 of these two ways

1) Make it an assist in the menus as Over-Rev Protection and have it on or off, or have a slider of how much you want

2) Under ECU/Engine/Gearing underneath ECU have Over-Rev Protection and change it from 0-100 %

This will keep everyone happy because there are people with and against this feature. The people who like this feature can have it on and the People who don't like this feature can have it off.

Cheers Callum

Roger Prynne
15-10-2017, 00:29
^ So that will enable people to cheat?

Ixoye56
15-10-2017, 00:33
It should be as realistic as possible, this is a sim after all.

PervasiveFall8
15-10-2017, 00:37
Photomode most sliders don’t work under photo filter tab

*Photo filters do not affect the picture on the screen nor after taking picture and the Boeing from images in profile
* filter intensity doesn’t work
*frame doesn’t
*contrast
*saturation
*film grain
*chomatic abb

Only items that work are vignette and exposure

Headlights of following. Cars often shine through car in front of the headlights.
Speed setting doesn’t “filter” near items that aren’t moving such as a shot through grass ofr break in trees they often are just blurred even at 1/5 sec shooting car going 90mph.

Would be nice if we could focus on car and the position it off the center of screen

I know this isn’t big issue, just pointing it out is all

NeonFlux
15-10-2017, 00:44
Unfortunately I suffer from motion sickness. Prior to the patch I had the world movement set to 35 which worked for me. When I went on earlier the world movement seemed alot more pronounced. I set it to 0 which seemed a bit better but it hasnt got rid of the "shaking". I've just had to stop playing because of it.

It could be me being a "light weight" but it does seem a lot more pronounced since the patch :(

Roger Prynne
15-10-2017, 00:46
Try 100... no joke just try it.

GLR Viper58
15-10-2017, 00:48
Sadly my career got dumped with the patch... starting over I guess.

I was away and game game up when it updated.... I came back and noticed the version had changed. I decided best to quit the game to avoid any issues and restarted which may have resulted in a non save I guess.

snipeme77
15-10-2017, 00:49
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but GT3 cars that were suffering from the weaving glitch pre patch are now suffering from quickly overheating tires. If you run a GT3 race with any of the Weaver cars like the NSX, within six laps you'll have the back tires up to passed 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Tested on Cota with hard tires

AtotheY
15-10-2017, 00:52

The G920 'wheel shake' problem seems to increase in intensity dependent on the number of AI cars that you're racing against. There's aren't too many noticeable problems when the AI <10, the wheel seems to function as intended with no real issues. The problem becomes noticeably apparent when you start increasing the AI opponents, the G920 then becomes completely uncontrollable, extremely twitchy and pretty damn useless. I'm on the whole hugely disappointed with PC2, disappointed with the poor, sloppy way the XBOX release, overall, has been dealt with and fckinug angry at myself for giving SMS a second chance.

NeonFlux
15-10-2017, 01:04
Try 100... no joke just try it.

Thanks Roger.... much better now ☺

Callum Hedge
15-10-2017, 02:52
^ So that will enable people to cheat?

Just allows people to adjust the game to their preferences, you don't gain an advantage by changing down fast. I suggested those ideas because can't get to the my desired gear before corners. For example in the Porsche GT3 24h at Zhuhai I take the last corner in 3rd but the game is making me take it in fourth which is for me slower and at the hairpins I use first, but I have to change in the middle of the corner which makes me compression lock and spin out.

Edit) ECU's have a lot of adjustability in the real world and you can disable the Over Rev Protection so would still be realistic if it was an option in Tuning Setup

Edit2) Also if people change down to fast they are going to compression lock the car and spin out so they are going to have to learn proper heel and toe or blipping throttle if in a GT spec car

Lukeymonster
15-10-2017, 05:13
Just a little quality of life issue. On my TV the selected category highlight in the save tune menus is really really faint. I can barely tell what I have highlighted. Maybe something with a little more contrast?

I'm on a one s and a 4k HDR display.

STRAKKA R11
15-10-2017, 05:36
Tyre temps (Formula Renault).
After a single lap of Catalunya the front left tyre is completely red/orange and after two laps all four are identical - with two near constant smoke trails coming from the car. Apart from them been highly distracting and looking kind of silly the car becomes near undriveable in any race of 3+ laps.

Any ideas to stop this happening would be most welcome. Thanks

ABS - on // STM - on // TCS - off (Tyre wear and fuel off)

[EDIT]:

Set a custom race at Catalunya with the Formula Renault using the above settings and the following conditions:- 2 laps / dry / summer / default tune / start from back of grid

Race with 0 opponents.
Race with 20 opponents (wait 30 seconds so you don't catch the pack)
Race with max opponents (wait 30 seconds......)

On each occasion watch the tyre temps. I'm finding that the more cars there are on the grid the faster the tyres heat up - with little or no effect on a low grid over 2 laps and complete overheating of both front tyres on bigger grids within a lap. The outcome is exactly the same with GT3 and GT4 classes on any dry track so I would hazzard a guess it's the same with other cars.

I get this with indycar. Thing is if you go into TT i bet the F3.5 won't have these issues

ChadTheDOLPHIN
15-10-2017, 05:38
Ok, so I really only have one complaint as of right now that I want to address ( basically all others have been reported).

The main issue I am having is that I am being kicked (lagged) out from a race session randomly. It doesn't happen every race but it happens frequently. Since the update has come out it had toned itself down a bit, but it is really getting to me. I have joined around 115+ sessions and only completed around 65 due to being kicked out. I have been trying to work my way out of B class and into A class but every time I get up to around B1500 it seem to kick me out of a session again and have to work my way up again from those 50 points lost.

Also the game sometimes does not let me join a session. It just keeps it on the joining screen and never leaves it.

I don't know if any of this is a part of a game glitch or just my connection. But this is the only game I have a problem with getting kicked out. So please, if it is the game, try and find it and fix it. (Platform is Xbox One)

Thank You

Aldo Zampatti
15-10-2017, 05:40
Ok, so I really only have one complaint as of right now that I want to address ( basically all others have been reported).

The main issue I am having is that I am being kicked (lagged) out from a race session randomly. It doesn't happen every race but it happens frequently. Since the update has come out it had toned itself down a bit, but it is really getting to me. I have joined around 115+ sessions and only completed around 65 due to being kicked out. I have been trying to work my way out of B class and into A class but every time I get up to around B1500 it seem to kick me out of a session again and have to work my way up again from those 50 points lost.

Also the game sometimes does not let me join a session. It just keeps it on the joining screen and never leaves it.

I don't know if any of this is a part of a game glitch or just my connection. But this is the only game I have a problem with getting kicked out. So please, if it is the game, try and find it and fix it. (Platform is Xbox One)

Thank You
Please refrain for double posting. we've read you in the other thread. Thanks

PotatoMasher81
15-10-2017, 06:53

Try saving it as a new file. That usually does the trick for me.

Roushman624
15-10-2017, 07:45
The driving line sometimes shows through the floorboard of the car.

Krylon Blue
15-10-2017, 08:08
I get this with indycar. Thing is if you go into TT i bet the F3.5 won't have these issues

Same here!

Also, the G920 is shaking all over the place with the 22 cars forced into the track and the controller constantly leans to one side or the other like it did before they “fixed” it. As of right now, this game feels more unplayable than before which is hard to believe because the controller/wheel issues were bad pre-patch. But I have even less control now for some reason.

Krylon Blue
15-10-2017, 08:39
Okay, so I wanted to test this more and give more of an idea what I’m experiencing. As some have already mentioned the FFB bug still exists on the G920. It’s not causing issues at a stand still but if I’m moving it’s fighting me if there are above a certain number of racers in the track. I am unsure of the number but 22 racers definitely breaks it. If I do a Time Trial by myself the car handles wonderfully. If I add in the AI it becomes unplayable with both the G920 and my controller. While I’ve seen several cars do this, the one that has had the biggest issue is the Dallara IR-12 Honda (Speedway) Indycar.

I said this before the first patch and I’ll say it again. I am a patient person but it’s extremely difficult to be patient when I dropped $90 on a game and after 3 weeks and a large patch later it’s still unplayable for me. I respect the developers for their full transparency but I think it’s fair to say the glitches were seeing shouldn’t be acceptable. I’m not throwing in the towel yet but I am becoming more and more frustrated each day I try to play and feel like Forza 7 is more realistic. That statement obviously isn’t true but the cars stay straight so that’s why I say it, haha.

Keep up the work SMS. I know it’s difficult but I’m just hoping I can play it soon...

Roushman624
15-10-2017, 09:23
Cars still violently shake at pretty high speeds with many AI. Maybe over 15 AI on the track. I am using controller too.

Ixoye56
15-10-2017, 10:32
It seems that Xbox hardware can't handle more than 15 AI....

PotatoMasher81
15-10-2017, 10:39

That would be pretty bad...

Moosebbdl
15-10-2017, 10:59
I'm having problems in career mode, I have it on default stable set up and I've noticed, if it's a wet qualification, car drives fine but in the race which is dry, car handles like it's still wet, I've checked the tyres I'm on slicks etc. All tracks and all cars any ideas. Oh the ai drives fine for the weather conditions.

JeckLM
15-10-2017, 11:14
The game is unplayable with assists. Stability Control to be exact. Tires on every car overheat after a lap or two and the car will randomly brake with the right sides on ovals causing me to spin.

mkstatto
15-10-2017, 11:22
The lap chart reappears randomly even though you repeatably go into the HUD editor and turn it off. Seems it turns itself back on when cycling through the differing HUD's.

Krylon Blue
15-10-2017, 11:25
The game is unplayable with assists. Stability Control to be exact. Tires on every car overheat after a lap or two and the car will randomly brake with the right sides on ovals causing me to spin.

Maybe that’s my issue but I seem to recall the same thing happening with Stability disabled too. I’ll have to check again later on.

PervasiveFall8
15-10-2017, 11:43
I'm sure this has been mentioned before but GT3 cars that were suffering from the weaving glitch pre patch are now suffering from quickly overheating tires. If you run a GT3 race with any of the Weaver cars like the NSX, within six laps you'll have the back tires up to passed 300 degrees Fahrenheit. Tested on Cota with hard tires

C7R event on factory drive also has wired Overheating on front tires. It did not suffer from weaving in fact it was easy to drive prior patch.

PervasiveFall8
15-10-2017, 11:48
The lap chart reappears randomly even though you repeatably go into the HUD editor and turn it off. Seems it turns itself back on when cycling through the differing HUD's.
HUD Save works now. Click on it and it saves and goes back to option menu BUT when the next race happens, mirror may or may not be on. Lap chart may or may not be on/full. Even though when you go to HUD options it’s just the way you left it. Hit save and then back and it’s correct until next session or race where you will need to do it (go into HUD options and save)
Happened on career radical and Rx lites, just Incase it’s car specific

Nint
15-10-2017, 11:51
Quick question for the moderators: has this "overheating tyres" bug with an high number of AI opponents been reported to the team, so that they can look into it?
Thanks!

PervasiveFall8
15-10-2017, 11:53
RX LITES ice championship the car needs to have “ice tires” manually edited into set up. Automatic by weather doesn’t select the correct tire. I understand that ice in the ground isn’t weather. However in spirit of the “automatic part” and having a race engineer I doubt that any ice event should start out on the wrong tires.

This is my first time doing this event so I don’t know if this was the case prior. Patch or not

However so I down load sms dirt tracks then switch
To ice tires and then save as to new create “icee” then when I exit to practice session to next session I see I’m not on icee. I then try load set up and it’s not their nor track specific, not all track and then I load sms dirt/ edit and save as new and then it shows the slot that I saved before it was just odd issue - only did it from practice to quali after that I was in “icee” all the time from event to event.

L4velle
15-10-2017, 12:35
I've just experienced the same as a few other reports. Private testing with Porsche 911 GT3 handled like a dream and good grip. Multi class race against the AI and it's sliding all over the place and this was a constant battle with the wheel for the 45 minute race. Hopefully they will acknowledge this as a bug and fix it.

Roger Prynne
15-10-2017, 12:38
Quick question for the moderators: has this "overheating tyres" bug with an high number of AI opponents been reported to the team, so that they can look into it?
Thanks!

Yes it has.

LukeC1991
15-10-2017, 13:00
The game is now crashing to dashboard mid session. Mostly when saving car setups and also when exiting a session. I’ve been on the game for around 2 hours and it’s happened four times. Before the patch I would only get this happen once every few days and it was only happening in the menus.

Mon Pavion
15-10-2017, 13:54
I also had a crash to dashboard last night whwn backing out of the car selection menu while setting up a private testing session

Stone Cold Stig
15-10-2017, 14:24

I hope that is not the case. I wont be getting a xb1x anytime soon. not in the budget rigt now.

Dynomight Motorsports
15-10-2017, 14:30
Now I can play with full grid with normal speed /framerate, but the problem now is that it alters the handling of the car. I tested full grid with 80 AI and the car is sliding in every corner, burning smoke and overheating the tires, impossible to control. of course I can't keep up with them, but if I change full grid to say 15 cars (including mine) the handling problem disappears and the race becomes competitive.

loose/stable setups is not the issue.
I've noticed Different Handling Pre-Patch, with Online AI at Daytona. The car would seem "Darty" with FFb off the corners. Then you get rid of the AI and car reacts normally. Haven't tested Post Patch but it may have been something not addressed in the patch.

chieflongshin
15-10-2017, 15:18
The wheel animation on the Chevrolet indycar is wrong. The wheels seem to never spin fast enough to blur the Firestone logos on the inside of the tyres; they always look as if the car is travelling at about 10kph.

Sorry this was meant to go into the ps4 bug thread.

I'd noticed this too. I wasn't sure if it was slowdown on the indy tracks but I found it a little boring doing a race with them as it didn't seem to feel like I was belting along at 200mph

Also on a tangent why do we always get booted back to title screen if we exit a lobby?

Ashp01
15-10-2017, 15:19
Once you hit lap 2 on rallycross the driver that was 2nd automatically gets put in 1st at 6 seconds ahead of everyone else

dreampage
15-10-2017, 15:29
The game can still freeze and crash to the Xbox dashboard just after exiting a session. Happened today when I exited a private test. If it happens during career then it deletes the career progress.

Goooner1
15-10-2017, 15:31
“Save over existing” setup doesn’t work. Nothing changes, you have to save to a new slot for the changes to stick.

My problem with the AI being quicker post-patch May have something to do with them having around 5 litres of fuel, but I start with 45 from the default, unchanged set up.

The AI is either too fast in the dry or too slow in the wet, since the patch.

Bumped the AI down to 35, they’re around 2-3 seconds faster than I can do, on a dry track, but around 2.5 seconds slower than me on a wet track.

I’m not a great driver, I’m the first to admit, but I was winning races reasonably easily with the AI on 45 before the patch.

dreampage
15-10-2017, 15:33
Also: There's still a graphical bug on the back of the GT4 Aston Martin car. There's a small metal grid at the bottom of the car on the back, and you can see right through it, even in Photo Mode, as if the car was not even there. The result is an extremely ugly pixelated effect. You can easily reproduce it anywhere, in any mode, choosing the GT4 Aston Martin (any livery) and taking it onto the track. Just turn around with the car and you'll see.

ske007
15-10-2017, 15:52
disqualified for speeding in pit lane after returning to pits while qualifying(multiplayer) quite annoying as my driver rating has taken a big hit :(

just for the record I didn't drive into the pits I did it from the pause menu

LukeC1991
15-10-2017, 16:40
Following on from my earlier comment, the game crashes to dashboard every time I exit a time trial session, literally every time. Maybe this crashing is something to do with the game saving?

Maskmagog
15-10-2017, 17:54
Everything in rear view mirror when racing at Brno is very pixelated.

Moosebbdl
15-10-2017, 17:58

Possible fix for the stability control problem, turn off ABS, it seems to far less violent.

neefoo
15-10-2017, 20:00
There was something with the replay sound on that pittoresk town course, cant remember its name at the moment. The sound from the car (BMW M1 PRO I guess) was almost equally load near the camera as from a distance.

Judge Homer
15-10-2017, 20:20
I can’t save any replays of multiplayer races. Anyone else who has this issue?

marcelosantosfc
15-10-2017, 20:48
in a straight line, going to the right

JasonSandwich
15-10-2017, 21:49
Arg. I just lost my save file right after making it through the GT4 series. The game just stopped responding and went to the Xbox dashboard (not the beta dashboard, the standard release dashboard). Upon starting back up, my career was gone and my safety rating had dropped back to U.

Ironically I had a second throw-away profile which I was using during shut down just in case it was killed (per the workaround in the other threads). This killed both of the profiles.

WGIstation6a
15-10-2017, 23:31
I don't know if this has been mentioned before but the telemetry in the hud isn't showing the per wheel friction levels while the car is on track. In the pits on auto pilot it works, but once it crosses the pit line it disappears. It was like this pre patch, and as of last night was still not working.

Also the karts still have the wild ffb jutter on the g920.

Overall though this game is going awesome, and the patch sorted out pretty much all of the issues that I did have. Thanks!

Roushman624
16-10-2017, 00:05
I know this isn't going to be popular but my favorite car the Aston Martin Vulcan does not have any braking sound barely. In real life it's this loud screeching noise. Other cars brakes are loud as ever and I feel this should be more accurate but maybe it's just me...

Juiced46
16-10-2017, 00:07
Camera flicker with Helmet view when shifting is still present.

Happens with any vehicle in helmet view when helmet is moving and you shift up or down. You get a quick camera flicker, as been mentioned before, pre patch. Happening when paddle shifting using my Thrustmaster TX with AUTO clutch. No buttons have been remapped either.

In Career mode, Super car lites. I won the race. Points show that I won the race, post race stats show I won also, but the Podium showed I came in 2nd place.

Rockefelluh
16-10-2017, 00:43
I know this isn't going to be popular but my favorite car the Aston Martin Vulcan does not have any braking sound barely. In real life it's this loud screeching noise. Other cars brakes are loud as ever and I feel this should be more accurate but maybe it's just me...

It probably has ceramic brakes so when they are warmed up they don't make nearly as much noise.

Gerbig
16-10-2017, 00:46
So I lost my whole career mode after the patch. Then I switched to my other career and it's in tier 3, every time I finish a race the driver roster and team standings don't show up at all and when I'm done with all of the races it says I didnt win any and cannot progress to the next tier.

Roushman624
16-10-2017, 01:00
It probably has ceramic brakes so when they are warmed up they don't make nearly as much noise.

Hmm in almost all the videos I can hear it clearly though but I'll do some more research. Thanks for the reply!

Roushman624
16-10-2017, 01:02

I can hear them clearly in cockpit on almost every video so I'm not sure what to think.

Roushman624
16-10-2017, 01:12

I can't even hear it ingame with cold brakes. I don't think it's right honestly.

Schnizz58
16-10-2017, 01:34
Has anybody gotten UDP to work? I tried it with Crew Chief and got 0 packets.

BuffaloD
16-10-2017, 02:29
I still have game bugs after last Friday's update. Example : Go Cart at Mohave racetrack. Set on automatic transmission. Go Cart stayed in first gear continuously. No auto shift. Still no heavy steering wheel no matter what I adjust - before and after update.

rjc1629
16-10-2017, 02:48
So I lost my whole career mode after the patch. Then I switched to my other career and it's in tier 3, every time I finish a race the driver roster and team standings don't show up at all and when I'm done with all of the races it says I didnt win any and cannot progress to the next tier.

The same thing happened to me. After losing the GT5 series because of the bug I started the Clip Cup and it seems to be tracking like normal.

DeathMetalRacer
16-10-2017, 03:04
I still have game bugs after last Friday's update. Example : Go Cart at Mohave racetrack. Set on automatic transmission. Go Cart stayed in first gear continuously. No auto shift. Still no heavy steering wheel no matter what I adjust - before and after update.

Doesn't the kart only have one gear though?

Gerbig
16-10-2017, 03:10
The same thing happened to me. After losing the GT5 series because of the bug I started the Clip Cup and it seems to be tracking like normal.
I even tried different series and it still won't track the points

cxMilk
16-10-2017, 05:07
Appears to be a cache issue. Perform a hard reboot. Check this thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?52493-Career-Standings-Bug) for more info.

Doesn't the kart only have one gear though?
Yep, single gear kart.

Roushman624
16-10-2017, 05:07
There are still many graphical bugs but much better since patch 2.0. Heavy screen tearing is still an occurrence and many other graphical issues. Patch was very good and if we keep Recieving patches like the one before then this game will be close to perfect. Any ideas what the next patch will cover?

Bealdor
16-10-2017, 05:23
Threads merged.

firebert5
16-10-2017, 06:07

Yes, mine worked fine with vrhive. Have not tried crew chief yet.

firebert5
16-10-2017, 06:10
Test session at Long Beach, HUD will not save. Did not have this issue pre patch.

Gav88888
16-10-2017, 07:03
Since the update mine crashes a lot of the times when exiting a race or qualifying, it just shuts the game down.

Also AI is still bad, although not sure if it was fixed saying that.

G920 is fixed though so it's nice to drive cars again haha

Gix916
16-10-2017, 08:46

I have my Dash on a Tablet, Timing screen on a laptop and Crew Chief on a phone all working fine simultaneously at the same time together concurrently.

have you checked the IP address in Crew Chief on your device matches the Xbox.

Gix916
16-10-2017, 08:53
Camera flicker with Helmet view when shifting is still present.

Happens with any vehicle in helmet view when helmet is moving and you shift up or down. You get a quick camera flicker, as been mentioned before, pre patch. .

This may help until fixed...
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/sh...-To-Hopefully-Reduce-Stutters-and-Frame-Drops

nissan4ever
16-10-2017, 09:25

Yes, I had no problems with it. I had UDP in game menu set to 3. My P Cars Dash worked as well.

Gix916
16-10-2017, 09:25
HUD saving is better, but
mirror still does not save.
sometimes lap time box does not appear.
some of the messages do not save.

ICM needs to be moveable or moved as it overlaps the wheel in game so obviously isn't completely visible to any wheel users who line their wheel up with the screen.
also ICM still times out too quickly, ideally needs to be toggled open/closed by the same button.
fuel is still incremented one button press at a time. ideally should be able to hold button to increment faster.

race length (time/laps) not appearing on pre race screen - in custom race and career (not tried online)

Joe Pinder
16-10-2017, 09:28
After the patch 2.0

- notice the car slightly pulls to the left and to the right and is very hard to control in a straight line, 2 controllers tried. dead zones fine
- tyres are over heating after about half a lap (and really quickly) did hear about this issue pre patch but seemed to escape it. but now its ruining my career
- the over rev limit is waaaaay too sensitive, cant get the car down shifted quickly enough and its costing me 2/2.5 seconds a lap based on pre patch runs !
- when editing the pit strategy and selecting Swap driver, the AI just takes over at a random point (not in the pits as before)

lowride187
16-10-2017, 10:21
theres a big bug that is still here, I started my career again and then played multiplayer private match, and for some reason sp and mp are conected so every time i win a multiplayer race it counts in career so its completing races that im not doing. it is also unlocking the achievements associated with the races im up to in career when i play multiplayer.

I played for hours today just to have my progress skipped and completed when i played some multiplayer

lowride187
16-10-2017, 10:33
another issue but not the end of the world, the ai seems unbalanced, i raced the g40 junior on 80 difficulty and won by miles then raced a gt3 on the same difficulty and couldn't catch them on the straits so switched the difficulty to 60, won the race then raced another class and it was way too easy, its annoying having to constantly change difficulty for different classes not knowing weather the ai will be easy or hard

justonce68
16-10-2017, 11:15
I can’t save any replays of multiplayer races. Anyone else who has this issue?

replay saves are working for me

d4ninho
16-10-2017, 11:40
[QUOTE=Ian Bell;1395756]It's a feature not a bug. You shouldn't be able to fly down gears at any rate you want. It's downshift over-rev protection and it's realistic. Having said that we're considering softening it a little.

So your now putting features into the game that stop ppl driving the way they want to, what next brake assists and turn assists.

i should be able to go through the gears how ever fast i pull the paddle, now though its on a timer not matched to revs as even if you only start when your going very slowly it still pauses and on many occasions will not go down the first gear change.

I drove at Algave gp last night and every time i got to the hairpin i braked and pulled the downshift paddle, it would not move from 6 to 5 then 4th to 3rd till i was nearly at stand still, this causes massive understeer and is not realistic,we have a feature in game already called engine braking which does the same thing, got to the point where i was looking at the gear indicator and missing apexs as i couldnt trust it ha gone into the correct gears, i dont see any mention of the gears being bad in testing or driver feedback, now though from what i see, it was to stop the double accidental shifting down ppl had reported yet its being set up as a feature.

if this really is set as a sim then it should be down the driver, if i want to change down into 1st at 150mph i should be able too, yes my car will die but thats on me, putting features into the game that push ppl to play a certain way is very......EA like, and i know you love those guys.

Pcars 1 didnt have this and i never blew an engine on that game, so this game doesnt need it.
please revert back to how it was.

Bealdor
16-10-2017, 11:45
if this really is set as a sim then it should be down the driver, if i want to change down into 1st at 150mph i should be able too, yes my car will die but thats on me, putting features into the game that push ppl to play a certain way is very......EA like, and i know you love those guys.

How is that more realistic when even the real cars won't let you do that?

d4ninho
16-10-2017, 11:55
no and you wouldny really go from 5th to 1st but it should be something that we can do if we want.

some cars have ABS, some have traction yet you can force these off, why not give us the option to turn this gear thingy off too.

i never had a problem in pcars 1, yet i play the same way, brake and go down gears releasing the brake when im ready to go back on teh throttle which should mean im in the right gear to drive off, yet the gear changing does not work that way. whatch f1, they brake from 200mpg in a short space of time, put this on and they would have to stop before getting into lower gears such is the braking distance.

the same with some gt cars, if your good on the brakes your punished with not being able to be in the correct gear.

let us turn it on or off in game, those that need it can run it other dont have too.

Bealdor
16-10-2017, 11:59
some cars have ABS, some have traction yet you can force these off, why not give us the option to turn this gear thingy off too.

Because ABS and TC don't automatically make a car faster, just easier to control. But being able to downshift unrealistically quick does.

ABS, TC -> driving aid
Downshift exploit -> cheat

NeonFlux
16-10-2017, 12:06
Firstly, I'd just like to say that I don't want to fall out with any mods or sms staff over this but I have to agree with those who are saying the downshift protection feels a tad overdone. I have never been one for flying down the gears and don't find it too difficult to adapt my driving style when required. However after two days I am still really struggling to the extent where I've had to put it down for a bit.

I am goung to pick it up again later but tbh am not looking forward to it :( I want to love pcars 2 in the same way I loved pcars1 but I'm just not feeling it since the patch.

I also think its a bit unfair to not to have put this in at launch as I am now thinking, if this is the way its meant to be then pcars 2 possibly isnt the game for me. However as I bought the digital version of the game I will be unable to get a refund or trade it in.

Sorry guys but its more or less killed it for me.

Bealdor
16-10-2017, 12:17
Firstly, I'd just like to say that I don't want to fall out with any mods or sms staff over this but I have to agree with those who are saying the downshift protection feels a tad overdone. I have never been one for flying down the gears and don't find it too difficult to adapt my driving style when required. However after two days I am still really struggling to the extent where I've had to put it down for a bit.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55005-XB1-Patch-2-0-Discussion-thread&p=1395792&viewfull=1#post1395792

Just Another Frog
16-10-2017, 12:21
If I set SC on and TC off from the main gameplay menu, when I select a car and load a track the traction control setting changes. It's mostly to low but on occasion it's swopped to high (with stability control changing to authentic) and although it will allow you to revert to your default preferences, when you exit the screen it just changes them straight back.

Generally it's not a huge problem (I can use the traction control slider in settings to offset the change) but i'm finding the 'designated' presets for RX cars make them even more awkward to drive than they already are.

Also, i'm experiencing excessive world movement from bonnet cam (the slider doesnt alter it) with the bonnet rocking from side to side like i have the suspension of a Cadillac that's straight out of an episode of Streets of San Francisco.

Just Another Frog
16-10-2017, 12:48
Because ABS and TC don't automatically make a car faster, just easier to control. But being able to downshift unrealistically quick does.

ABS, TC -> driving aid

100% agree. I played Dirt Rally for hundreds of hours and although I initially hated it, the process of a more methodical downshift is something I just do now without any thought. I think people should try it out for a while.
The only two issues I have is that the controller doesn't seem to 'thud' when downshifting so it's not always clear you've made the shift and i've never fully understood the need for a neutral (on a controller) within the shifting sequence. It can be a bit fiddly (eg) reversing off a barrier and trying to bring your car to a dead stop whilst trying to skip over the 'N' to find a forward gear.

d4ninho
16-10-2017, 12:56

ABS, TC -> driving aid

downshift exploit,lol

who is calling it an exploit, so your saying late brakers are being punished for being able to brake late.
if i can brake later than you that makes me faster, but not being able to go down the gears means there is no point in braking late as you cannot get to the gear you want, now braking earlier is the way to go.

out brake someone and you suffer as the are already in the gear they want while your still wainting for the rev / timer to tick over.
if i get my car to the apex without skidding because im good on the brakes i should be able to go down the gears in the same amount of time so im ready to get back on the throttle.
i should not have to wait till im past the apex for it to be in the gear i want.
i understand engine protection but if your going to put in a set rev/timer its not right, it should be within a range and something we can change/turn off if we want too.

have you driven an FA car in this game yet.
they stop very fast, try going from 7th to 2nd in the time they take to brake for a hairpin corner.

Bealdor
16-10-2017, 12:59
who is calling it an exploit

Pretty much everyone who did TT in PCARS 1...

i understand engine protection but if your going to put in a set rev/timer its not right, it should be within a range and something we can change/turn off if we want too.

The threshold is 105% limit RPM (115% with a later patch) of the gear you're going to shift into.
If you're below it'll allow you to shift, if not then not.

Dynomight Motorsports
16-10-2017, 13:02
Easy fix to this.. is go back to the way it was.. and created more Engine Damage if you want to hammer down the shifts. I was doing that in an LMP2 in Project CARS 1 and I learned my lesson in practice. So I consciously adjusted my aggressive braking/downshifting to make my engine last longer. Of course that was for an endurance race, and I could see the benefit of not having in TT for just a few hot laps wouldn't really deter people from damaging their engine.
Strange thing is i don't really have a problem in the GTE as much as I do with GT3. My guess is I'm a bit more aggressive with Anti-lock brakes, using my trans and brakes later into the corners. But Major Chunks of RPM Damage would still work I think.. or Wheel-Hop!!! ....And maybe we can keep Aliens in check.

RomKnight
16-10-2017, 13:13
have you driven an FA car in this game yet.
they stop very fast, try going from 7th to 2nd in the time they take to brake for a hairpin corner.

Yes I did for testing purposes because someone else was also whining about it like you.

Yes I can do it and yes I did a video (I've mentioned this already recently here).

I'm far from using Formulas so If I can so you should. Practice more.

Here it is (see from 2m) - cold tires - pratice session (less rubber on track)

http://youtu.be/dYccxlq_TX4

d4ninho
16-10-2017, 13:18
ok weird one,
tried auto to see what gear it would put me in on driving my way and it puts me in the gear i want so if it can change down, why cant i on manual shifting?

i dont understand though if i brake and slow the car why arent the revs dropping to match car speed, i have always braked and gone down the gears and never blown or damaged an engine or gone down to a gear that spun me out, therefore i must have been in a gear that was ok for my speed, why now then is it different, i drive the same way.

i have a theory, there was a bug that sometimes double downshifted ppl, this has been done to stop that and announced as a "feature" as its not in the patch notes.

RomKnight
16-10-2017, 13:25
Just noticed you're on xbox (and not sure if on gamepad or wheel...).

I'm on wheel and PC.

The doubleshift issue is a very old one in simracing and pC2 also has the "debounce" shift time. I actually don't know how it's called or where it is ATM but unless something went wrong at some point it's still there in one of the menus (gameplay? controllers?)

Do scroll in the menus as it may not be immediately visible.

d4ninho
16-10-2017, 13:26
watched you clip, my game doesnt do that, on the xbox one if i click down shifts like you did at the bus stop it will not shift down like that, 2 clicks down that fast do nothing.

it should indeed shift down under braking like your clip showed but it does not, revs would drop under braking and if im at the correct speed to make a corner in a set gear why cant i shift to that gear.

perhaps it works as intended on pc or perhaps its just bugged.

you locked your wheels witch should have meant you carried higher revs as you were not slowing down yet you made the gear changes, on the xbox it will not do that for me

d4ninho
16-10-2017, 13:30
i run on a wheel, i tried it alongside someone on the same wheel as me, we had a drag race got to a point then braked and went down the gears as fast as we could, i stopped my car before he did yet i was in 2nd he got down to 1st but went 5o yrds further.

we tried this s few times to make sure it wasnt a fluke and we found im better on the brakes than him,lol, and that its not linked to revs totally or i would have got to 1st as i had slowed the car down to a stop yet only made 2nd gear.

it seems my very late braking is out the window, back to driving like jenson button rather than hamilton, oh well.

RomKnight
16-10-2017, 14:11
I'm telling you it's possible. If you can't for whatever reason, I can't help you.

rjc1629
16-10-2017, 14:16
Well, I guess I was wrong. After the second Clio Cup race the standings are gone. No emails for the second race win either. The career is completely broken for me.

Roushman624
16-10-2017, 14:58

I am goung to pick it up again later but tbh am not looking forward to it :( I want to love pcars 2 in the same way I loved pcars1 but I'm just not feeling it since the patch.

I also think its a bit unfair to not to have put this in at launch as I am now thinking, if this is the way its meant to be then pcars 2 possibly isnt the game for me. However as I bought the digital version of the game I will be unable to get a refund or trade it in.

Sorry guys but its more or less killed it for me.

So you're telling me you bought a simulator and you are unhappy because it is simulating what it does in real life? Where did this logic come from?:p

rjc1629
16-10-2017, 15:04
Well, I guess I was wrong. After the second Clio Cup race the standings are gone. No emails for the second race win either. The career is completely broken for me.

For anyone else having this issue, a hard reset restored the standings. I wish I had known that for the GT5 series, but oh well.

Interceptor G
16-10-2017, 15:05
Regarding downshift issues, Im ok with what they implemented but i have a feeling that thing is bugged and sometimes it wont let you downshift even if you are under threshold, i had some situations that i can be sure 100% that my speed is not the issue but car would not downshift

Killer Bob
16-10-2017, 15:08
I just noticed that on the race session screen, before you click start, if you sit for a few minutes and watch the tyre icons top right of the screen you can see the pressure creeping up constantly till you click start. Once the race begins, you start on whatever the pressure creeped up too, then gradually it starts falling back. This was in career with Renault RS01. Maybe has something to do with tyre overheat bug? I noticed it the las three races i did, i was taking a quick break from testing weaving for Bealdor in quick races. Anyone else seen this bug?

Peace

GRTfast
16-10-2017, 16:58
Agreed. I’m doing a hotlap challenge with our group and there are a few places where I’m downshifitjng at exactly the same spot and the same speed.. it’s 50/50 on whether or not it happens, and it’s not close to over revving the car when it works.

Sampo
16-10-2017, 17:40
I just noticed that on the race session screen, before you click start, if you sit for a few minutes and watch the tyre icons top right of the screen you can see the pressure creeping up constantly till you click start. Once the race begins, you start on whatever the pressure creeped up too, then gradually it starts falling back. This was in career with Renault RS01. Maybe has something to do with tyre overheat bug? I noticed it the las three races i did, i was taking a quick break from testing weaving for Bealdor in quick races. Anyone else seen this bug?

Peace

I think that's because there's heat in the tyres so the pressure inside will creep up until they cool down enough. Break temps also heat the tyre.

Killer Bob
16-10-2017, 17:49
Yeah but it's doing it before you even start the race, its in the race load screen before you hit the start button. That can't be right, i sat and watched the pressures go up to 47psi before i even started the race, no way its intentional. I'm just going back to testing weaving on quick races. Giving career a miss for now. It started after the 2.0 patch, something very wrong with the updated tyre models, its not working right.

Peace

JHONLEROLERO
16-10-2017, 19:19
Am I right guys ? If you get off the road and go to the dirt, after that your car loose some handling ? I don't know if it was my imagination, but if it's happening, this could be a bug or something realistic ?

Sorry about my English, I'm a Brazilian sad with this game, but very hopeful.

ian2726
16-10-2017, 23:03
Tonight was our first test night for our Xbox one league. We tried, my god we tried. It was horrible, disconnects galore, freezing screens. Couldn't save setups as it froze my Xbox when I went to type the new name in. We couldn't get past the 30 min practice. 14 people, private lobby at donnington gp. I felt bad for our club admin. Please tell me there's help coming.

Schnizz58
16-10-2017, 23:27
Yes, mine worked fine with vrhive. Have not tried crew chief yet.

I have my Dash on a Tablet, Timing screen on a laptop and Crew Chief on a phone all working fine simultaneously at the same time together concurrently.

have you checked the IP address in Crew Chief on your device matches the Xbox.
Did something change? In PC1, the packets were broadcast so all Crew Chief needed to know was what port to listen on. Are they now unicast? I would think that would cause all sorts of backward compatibility issues with existing apps.

ETA2: Actually after I thought about it, it wouldn't matter if the packets were unicast. All the app has to do is listen on the right port (5606?) to receive the stream. You can set the IP address of the Xbox in Crew Chief if you want to but all that does is filter out all the other traffic on that port if you're worried about security.

But if you guys got it working, it's obviously something on my end. Thanks, that's what I wanted to know.

ETA3: I fired up the game last night for a few minutes and I was receiving packets in Crew Chief so maybe all that was needed was a game restart.

Yes, I had no problems with it.
You never do, lol.

I had UDP in game menu set to 3. My P Cars Dash worked as well.
I'll try it at 3. I think I had it on 5 or something. Thanks. :encouragement:

Also, I'm seeing a lot of guys having trouble with overheating tires. I'm in the Ginetta Junior class at Oulton Park and I can't get them to warm up. Now granted it's in March so maybe that's how it's supposed to be but I would have thought they'd warm up eventually. I'm driving as hard as I can but I'm not competitive with the AI -- as much as 1.5 seconds off the pace.

Already reported I think but the FFB oscillation issue has not been fully corrected. I tried an Audi GT at Catalunya in a QRW (or whatever it's now called) and the wheel shook so violently that a screw came loose from it and fell into my lap. I didn't even notice until I stood up and heard something metallic hit the floor. I actually thought for a while that the patch hadn't been applied. Note that I didn't have this problem in the Ginetta and I don't know what other cars/tracks may suffer from this issue.

Probably going to put the game back on the shelf until the next patch at least.

ETA: Also I think the track limits at Lodge Corner at Oulton are a little too restrictive. I've been getting laps DQ'ed for just putting 2 wheels over the line. And not just the current lap but the next one too, which is kind of ridiculous.

rjc1629
17-10-2017, 01:30
Still loosing career standing every time I start up. I have to do a hard reset every time I want to play now.

wearymick
17-10-2017, 02:09
Can't seem to edit the HUD using my TX, but this may just be a user issue. DPad just goes up and down in the primary menu, can't go sideways to actually select any widgets.

Just Another Frog
17-10-2017, 02:23
Formula Rookie and (especially) Karts sitting out of their grid boxes at the start of race. The kart at Le Mans was positioned quite literally on the rear bumper of the kart in front of me.

Euro Touring car championship (Touring car / GT3 multiclass). Mercedes touring car has cold (blue) rear tyres throughout.

Indianapolis 500 (200 lap full race for the achievement). If done in a wet/dry race on x10 weather progression, the dry line remains visible in torrential rain after several weather cycles.

Snow completely covers and remains on the bonnet of the Ginetta GT4 during a blizzard (career race at Brands Hatch i think). Not sure of the exact science of this but is it actually possible for snow to lay on top of a red hot bonnet of a car travelling at 100+ mph :)

Schnizz58
17-10-2017, 04:15
I just tried a private testing session at Oulton in the same conditions as the practice session in the career race. Same results - the all-weather tires refuse to heat up past 65° after 5 or 6 laps. Which brings up another question: why are we racing on all-weather tires?

I also noticed that the dashboard gets blurry sometimes likes it's going out of focus.

My previous complaint about the track limits at Oulton Park can be extended to all the corners. Why would dropping 2 wheels off the track invalidate your lap? In a practice session.

Schnizz58
17-10-2017, 04:18
Snow completely covers and remains on the bonnet of the Ginetta GT4 during a blizzard (career race at Brands Hatch i think). Not sure of the exact science of this but is it actually possible for snow to lay on top of a red hot bonnet of a car travelling at 100+ mph :)

Why would they be racing in a blizzard in the first place?

Grea5eMunki
17-10-2017, 04:24
Steering wheel wobbles like crazy down the straights and even in the menu's. Tried numerous settings with no improvement, wheel will also crash and lose all ffb and needs a restart.
Cannot save setups due to vulgar language no matter what name I give it.
Raced whole Ginneta juniors season and end of season I had nothing, no points no results just absolutely nothing
Game freezing Ginneta Juniors Snetterton, seems to be similar sections of the track every time.
Random sign up change messages and chucked out of the game. My ionternet is a bit dodgy today due to storms but why throw me out the game mid corner when I have just taken the lead?
Long beach track looks like the graphics were lifted from a 1998 Indycar game.

Gav88888
17-10-2017, 10:33
I just tried a private testing session at Oulton in the same conditions as the practice session in the career race. Same results - the all-weather tires refuse to heat up past 65° after 5 or 6 laps. Which brings up another question: why are we racing on all-weather tires?

I also noticed that the dashboard gets blurry sometimes likes it's going out of focus.

My previous complaint about the track limits at Oulton Park can be extended to all the corners. Why would dropping 2 wheels off the track invalidate your lap? In a practice session.

I noticed the same lack of tires warming up, it was either the Ginetta Junior or Ginetta GT5, can't recall which now, but remember doing the whole race on cold tires.

Gav88888
17-10-2017, 10:44
Main bugs for me that still need fixing are:

1 - Graphics on XB1

Come on guys, Forza 7 looks awesome compared and runs at a good frame rate with 24 cars, even PC1 looks good with more cars than that, yeah I know there is more to this game than just the graphics, and yeah the detail is there which is nice but its too rough around the edges so to speak, surely something can be done to improve them?

2- AI from race to race isn't consistent

For example doing career races, like GT5 or GT4 championships setting the AI at 40% to match my times from the 1st race, but 2nd race I end up setting it at 80% to match my times, 3rd race at 50% etc, and im just getting a bit fed up having to constantly tweak the AI to get a close race, can you give us an AI slider from the pit box options?

3 - Crashing

When exiting a championship, or after completing a race and it goes back to the main menu it often crashes the game and I end up on the XB Home screen.

4 - No favourites

We have the option to save an offline race as a favourite, and get a nice little green heart symbol to show its saved, but where do you go to see my list of favourites to race them again, surely this is what this option is for???

5 - More cars

Kind of fits in with number 1, but it would be nice to have more cars on the track without impacting things like FFB and graphics, limiting yourself to 10-16 cars all the time is a bit cack.

Roushman624
17-10-2017, 11:28
Main bugs for me that still need fixing are:

1 - Graphics on XB1

Come on guys, Forza 7 looks awesome compared and runs at a good frame rate with 24 cars, even PC1 looks good with more cars than that, yeah I know there is more to this game than just the graphics, and yeah the detail is there which is nice but its too rough around the edges so to speak, surely something can be done to improve them?

2- AI from race to race isn't consistent

For example doing career races, like GT5 or GT4 championships setting the AI at 40% to match my times from the 1st race, but 2nd race I end up setting it at 80% to match my times, 3rd race at 50% etc, and im just getting a bit fed up having to constantly tweak the AI to get a close race, can you give us an AI slider from the pit box options?

3 - Crashing

When exiting a championship, or after completing a race and it goes back to the main menu it often crashes the game and I end up on the XB Home screen.

4 - No favourites

We have the option to save an offline race as a favourite, and get a nice little green heart symbol to show its saved, but where do you go to see my list of favourites to race them again, surely this is what this option is for???

5 - More cars

Kind of fits in with number 1, but it would be nice to have more cars on the track without impacting things like FFB and graphics, limiting yourself to 10-16 cars all the time is a bit cack.

#1 YES. If they improve it I'll be so happy to see what it looks like on the one X.

RomKnight
17-10-2017, 11:30
Pretty sure I've read a post saying that some render stuff will be redone and coming in on one of the patches.

Hang in there :)

clark72
17-10-2017, 11:33
For anyone else having this issue, a hard reset restored the standings. I wish I had known that for the GT5 series, but oh well.

If I do a hard reset will it have any effect on the other games I have stored on my Xbox? Excuse my ignorance.

Goooner1
17-10-2017, 11:36
No, a hard reset won't affect anything. Can sometimes sort out little isshttp://forum.projectcarsgame.com/newreply.php?p=1399893&noquote=1ues though. Just hold the power button down for about 10 seconds.

Just Another Frog
17-10-2017, 12:07

Haha, no not really. But the bonus is that when you race in cockpit view with these conditions it makes you feel all warm and snuggly and oblivious to the perils of the outside world. I have a coal fire and a bag of marshmallows inside my Ginetta.

Ball325
17-10-2017, 15:33
So you're telling me you bought a simulator and you are unhappy because it is simulating what it does in real life? Where did this logic come from?:p

It's too much. It affects some cars more than others and I've tested GT3 cars and this is a little too aggressive. Perhaps I can get some of my engine braking back by changing the mapping and adjust diff ramp profiles.

snipeme77
17-10-2017, 15:56

Dude you never know when a freak Blizzard will happen in Pcars 2. Could be mid summer at Daytona and surprise, it's snowing!

flyweg
17-10-2017, 20:44
The blurry dash will be because you have the FOV or I think it is speed sensitivity set up in the view for the helmet cam. They both blur the dash depending on the situation.

Schnizz58
17-10-2017, 21:03
The blurry dash will be because you have the FOV or I think it is speed sensitivity set up in the view for the helmet cam. They both blur the dash depending on the situation.

Speed sensitivity is off and I think FOV is too but I'll double check that.

cassito
18-10-2017, 00:32
There is a problem with the chase camera and I will try to explain:

In the game, when you are going slowly, the camera is far away, and when you are fast, the camera is close. This causes a sense of speed problem.

The right would be the opposite: slow, camera close, fast, camera away.

This bug only happens on the chase camera. On the internal cameras they are ok.

Have you noticed that?

undeadskydiver
18-10-2017, 00:45
So everything on the patch seems to be pretty good except for the online multiplayer lobbies. Before the patch I could host 16-player lobbies. Now with the patch I get booted from my own lobbies Before the Race even starts. I have been hosting League races on project cars one for years. I apologize for posting this in here, I'm just frustrated

Roushman624
18-10-2017, 02:01
It's too much. It affects some cars more than others and I've tested GT3 cars and this is a little too aggressive. Perhaps I can get some of my engine braking back by changing the mapping and adjust diff ramp profiles.

I'm sure they will see to fixing it though as I do agree it is a little annoying at times.

matthewspa2
18-10-2017, 02:45

I'm wondering the same thing. On some tracks I can have up to 23 before I have issues but on the larger tracks even 15 brings the frame rate down. Maybe it's because I have the game stored on a Seagate external hard drive?

What's bothering me even more though is that I'm still having weaving problems with some of the GT3 cars, and it's pretty severe in some of them (The Audi R8 LMS for one). Wasn't this supposed to be fixed? Is there anything I can do to fix it? And if it helps I'm using the Thrustmaster 458 Spider wheel w/ no FFB (will upgrade at xmas time but until then...).

Stone Cold Stig
18-10-2017, 03:27

In the game, when you are going slowly, the camera is far away, and when you are fast, the camera is close. This causes a sense of speed problem.

Have you noticed that?
I reported this before. Are you telling me they haven't fix this yet?

Gav88888
18-10-2017, 05:36
Pretty sure I've read a post saying that some render stuff will be redone and coming in on one of the patches.

Hang in there :)

Happy days :)

Gav88888
18-10-2017, 06:35
Currently doing the Group 5 career in Europe. Spa is the 2nd round and jeez it's hard, qualifying P1, 0.5 sec a lap quicker than P2. Race starts and I'm building a 4 sec lead by lap 5 and then the car starts to feel all over the pace, struggling to put the power down and hold lines, cars catch up and pass me and end up in P5 and the guy in P2 I once had a 4sec lead over beats me by 1min. That was the hardest end of a race from defending every corner lap after lap. Satisfied but it shows how changing conditions, although not sure what it was yet, impacted me by several seconds a lap but they keep on chugging away at qualifying pace...

2pfspiff
18-10-2017, 09:19
Attempted to race in the league that I belong to last night and had nothing but issue's.

1) At first we could not get everyone into the lobby (about 13 in all). I got disconnected 5 times through out the hr of trying to get the race going.
2) The host got kicked out of his own lobby 3 times.
3) When trying to rejoin the lobby after being sent an invite I got stuck in the trying to join lobby screen.
4) My game reset once.
5) In order to save a setup I would have to create a new setup and delete the old file. If I did not do this it would revert to the file that I had previously used.

Now I supported Pcars 1 (on both Xbox and PS4) with all the things that were wrong with it racing in the PRL Tuesday night league all the way up to the week before Pcars2 launched. I have tried not to bash the issue's that the game still had even after you guys decided that you would no longer support it. SMS you guys had 2 years to get this game right. What happened? The patch that you released has made the game worse from my point of view. At least I was able to race in my league the 2 previous Tuesday nights, but now I can't even make 10 laps in practice without being kicked to the menu screen if i can even get to the practice session. I hope you have another patch coming out in the next week to fix this garbage that I bought for both consoles. You all at SMS should be ashamed of yourselves for releasing a game that was no where near ready to be released. But I forgot who cares about releasing garbage when there is no accountability right. As long as we line our pockets with $$$$$$$ that's all that matters.

Roger Prynne
18-10-2017, 09:51
I hope you have another patch coming out in the next week to fix this garbage that I bought for both consoles. You all at SMS should be ashamed of yourselves for releasing a game that was no where near ready to be released. But I forgot who cares about releasing garbage when there is no accountability right. As long as we line our pockets with $$$$$$$ that's all that matters.

That's enough of that please.

If you read the forums on this subject you will realize why the game was released as it was on consoles.

2pfspiff
18-10-2017, 10:24

If you read the forums on this subject you will realize why the game was released as it was on consoles.

You're right I did not read why you released a game that was not finished so please direct me to the right thread so I can be informed.

Roger Prynne
18-10-2017, 10:26
^ Do a bit of searching for yourself.

motorhead
18-10-2017, 10:58
same for me, everytime i exit a session whether it be practice, time trial etc the game freezes and makes a loud buzzing noise

motorhead
18-10-2017, 11:04
^ Do a bit of searching for yourself.

not helpful, all us customers want is to enjoy this game working properly, not flippant responses

Disease
18-10-2017, 11:22
+1 here on the over rev downshift protection whatever it's called.
I'm not against the feature and I mean no disrespect but I'm adamant it's not working as intended on xbox.

Roger Prynne
18-10-2017, 11:39
not helpful, all us customers want is to enjoy this game working properly, not flippant responses

What's your problem, I just told him to do some searching!
Am I expected to do it for him?

Some of you guys seem to like having a go at the Mods any chance you get.

Gav88888
18-10-2017, 11:53
Don't forget the SMS guys are a small bunch compared to the likes of the Forza crew, but even with all their might and money Forza 7 still had a 50GB day 1 patch, and it's still got a long list of bugs that need fixing. Give SMS a break as they are doing there best, yeah we are all frustrated about the bugs, me included, but they will get fixed.

Roushman624
18-10-2017, 12:07
Instead of bashing them why don't you tell them good job and keep up the good work. Why not appreciate that this is an amazing game that has problems that will most certainly be fixed. You paid $60-90 and you're acting like you spent $5,000.

Memaxndapickel
18-10-2017, 12:48
For the first time in what seems like a decade I did not pre-order Forza and instead just got your game. That's a huge testament to how great I know this game can be. After trying to race in online lobbies, with friends, and god forbid a Leauge, I'm frustrated. Can't seem to get races going without experiencing a myriad of problems with all users.

Roushman624
18-10-2017, 12:51
For the first time in what seems like a decade I did not pre-order Forza and instead just got your game. That's a huge testament to how great I know this game can be. After trying to race in online lobbies, with friends, and god forbid a Leauge, I'm frustrated. Can't seem to get races going without experiencing a myriad of problems with all users.
Well I got the ultimate edition forza 7 and I'm fairly disappointed... half the cars sound okay and half sound completely wrong. All I know is they better fix it or it'll be the last forza game I ever get. I have 5 hours in forza 7 and 42 on PC2.

cassito
18-10-2017, 12:56

Have you noticed that?

I reported this before. Are you telling me they haven't fix this yet?

No. But I expected it, because it was not in the patch notes.

Also could have a way to enable and disable each camera, letting the player choose the ones they use the most, for example, I only use the helmet and chase cam. But I know it's asking too much...

Great game, I'm having a lot of fun!

Just Another Frog
18-10-2017, 13:06
Don't forget the SMS guys are a small bunch compared to the likes of the Forza crew, but even with all their might and money Forza 7 still had a 50GB day 1 patch, and it's still got a long list of bugs that need fixing. Give SMS a break as they are doing there best, yeah we are all frustrated about the bugs, me included, but they will get fixed.

It wasn't a patch, it was the remainder of the game that wouldn't fit on the bluray. There were an awful lot of complaints from users who buy physical copies due to bandwidth restriction and raised (unanswered) questions as to why it was only shipped on one disc. But you're absolutely right about the other bit. Considering it's size and what it DID address, patch 2.0 came incredibly quickly and aside from that irritating overheating bug it's made the game infinitely more accessible to a great deal of people (myself included) by opening up huge chunks of the game and making them playable.

I'm happy with the way PC2 is shaping out and although I too cannot approach multiplayer (same issues here) I've found plenty of other things to keep me occupied whilst they are addressed.

Just one question about the default stable+loose tunes. If I tweak one of these tunes and save as requested, does the game overwrite the default tunes if i accidentally select to save over the original? Or will it create a brand new save with the same name?

motorhead
18-10-2017, 13:20

That's not the case I assure you.
First off, get over yourself, secondly, FIX the damn game!

TKMSte66
18-10-2017, 13:24

This is one of the most annoying bugs in the game. It also seems to slow the FPS quite a bit too when its on, especially on TT.

If you press left on the d-pad untill you end up on the telemetry screen and then press right a few times it will disappear till next time it comes back. Hahaha.

Only goes away on tele hud for some reason.

Gav88888
18-10-2017, 15:00
Well I got the ultimate edition forza 7 and I'm fairly disappointed... half the cars sound okay and half sound completely wrong. All I know is they better fix it or it'll be the last forza game I ever get. I have 5 hours in forza 7 and 42 on PC2.

I was a Forza fan boy, got every Forza since the first one, but didn't bother with 7 as after playing PC1 I was hooked, going back to Forza 6 at the time just felt horrible, yeah Forza 6 looked better but that was all, PC1 dominated on everything else, personally. I tried AC on the PC and loved it, but my GPU went pop and from what I understand AC on the XB1 is horrible compared, so obviously couldn't wait for PC2 and there are issues, like all new games, but still love it over the other games.

Plato99
18-10-2017, 16:06
I find it quite sad that after the latest v2.0 patch there are people who simply cannot see just how great this game is and how it's going to progress over the next few months.
I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Schnizz58
18-10-2017, 16:07
secondly, FIX the damn game!
Yeah Roger...what are you spending so much time on this forum for? Get busy coding!! :D

2pfspiff
18-10-2017, 16:55

My go wasn't at the mods, I never bashed any of the mods on this forum. My comments were aimed at the company that made the game. I will do some research this weekend when I get a chance to. I'm curious to see the explanation for why an unfinished game was put out for sale. It would be nice to be pointed in the right direction, but I will find what you told me to look for.

Just Another Frog
18-10-2017, 17:03
I find it quite sad that after the latest v2.0 patch there are people who simply cannot see just how great this game is and how it's going to progress over the next few months.
I genuinely feel sorry for you.

Couldn't agree more. I thought that the general release condition was actually worse than that of PC1 but one single patch has quite literally transformed it into a game that now justifies it's purchase. So much so that i'm now the proud owner of the season pass.

The only thing that doesn't do this game any justice is the structure of the leaderboards which i'm my opinion are easilly amongst the poorest i've ever seen in a racing game. The appeal of hot lapping is not huge but can prove invaluable as an option to compare your lap times against others who may be using a different set up or a different combination of assists when considering how you approach the more competitive side of PCars 2. For a game so rich in stats it's seems quite odd that key information like laptimes should remain so unimportant. Forcing the user to adhere to the rigidity of simulation surroundings is fine when it's appropriate to be like that, but the leaderboards should remain an area where choice is key. Those who use assists are punished with slower lap times so that should probably be enough. With submitted times only in there tens in some places, that should automatically suggest the feature is pretty poor.
Now that T10 have decided to ditch class leaderboards completely (subsequently ending what little interest i had left with F7) some are going to be looking for competitive leaderboards... As it stands they're not going to find anything close in PC2.

Right, after a bitter struggle with a bunch of ultra aggressive 80% AI cars i'm now in the right frame of mind to talk to the Forza community on my friends list. They're a tetchy bunch at the minute.

2pfspiff
18-10-2017, 17:05

I won't argue with you, I know they are a small outfit. Pcars1 overall was the best simulator on the console and even Pcars 2 was good even with the issue's upon release. I have no doubt that they will get it to a great playable state. But I would have rather have waited another 6 months to get a better finished product then what they released. I know what they created is light years ahead of what other racing games are, this game is a true simulator. I just wish it was postponed and most of the bugs worked out.

My frustration comes from the fact that I look forward to my Tuesday night race league. I don't have a lot of time to spend playing through out the week so Tuesday night is what I look forward to. And although we had issue's over the last couple of weeks getting the lobby going we were able to get 13 to 14 people to race. This week was just unplayable. And it coincides with the latest patch. So it is more frustration on my part then anything else.

JimmyCx
18-10-2017, 17:41
The patch has made a massive improvement for the Logitech wheel. not a huge fan of the downshift thing, but it far better than the one on Assetto Corsa in my view. Are they working on other things like the track limits?

ShneebnaMRR108
18-10-2017, 18:02
Can't get a lobby to work with more than 7~8 people. Just like in AC, same deal. High physics, active dynamic, high graphics really pushes the Consoles to their limit. Since PC users are running way more people in lobby's with success, SMS really needs to focus on making MP improvement on Consoles the priority. If the months ahead don't show results, will we have to resort to the XB1X to give more processing power, = more MP ability?

I can hear it now, "Rest assured they're working on it".

2pfspiff
18-10-2017, 18:09
I personally would like to see a straw poll of all the major issues that have been put out on the forum and let us choose the top 5 items of what they fix in the next patch.

The_Senser
18-10-2017, 19:05
Is anyone else not able to get the hud editor to work? If I go into the Hud Editor, nothing works for me except for the Help button, the Grid Toggle and Exit. I cannot use the paddles or the buttons to select or move anything. Also I have an issue where I cannot display the rear view mirror on the hud in game and cannot find a way to turn it on.

Killer Bob
18-10-2017, 19:23
If you cycle thru hud types, you'll be able to select the 'lite' hud. That should fix your issue

Peace

The_Senser
18-10-2017, 19:35
If you cycle thru hud types, you'll be able to select the 'lite' hud. That should fix your issue

Peace

The interior mirror is not displaying regardless, of which level I cycle through. Full, Lite, Telemetry or off. And the Hud Editor doesn't do anything at all. Do I need to use a Xbox controller? I haven't tried that but it doesn't do anything with the TX.

Siberian Tiger
18-10-2017, 19:38
Yes, you Need to use the Controller for Edit HUD...

Make your changes in LITE HUD and the Virtual Mirror will stay...

Plato99
18-10-2017, 19:56
My go wasn't at the mods, I never bashed any of the mods on this forum. My comments were aimed at the company that made the game. I will do some research this weekend when I get a chance to. I'm curious to see the explanation for why an unfinished game was put out for sale. It would be nice to be pointed in the right direction, but I will find what you told me to look for.

Go to the Assetto Corsa console forum if you want to see how great PC2 was at release.

NMD
18-10-2017, 19:56

in which part of the forum is the report, I do not speak English I use the Google translator. and I would like to know why the game went on sale with so many failures. because I play in standard ps4, and some configurations that if they are in PC1 and not in PC2. such as the configuration of training durations and classification because only the race time can be set. just tell me which site is in the forum and I'll look for it myself thanks for the help.

DelawareDave424
18-10-2017, 20:08
can u fix the servers so people that race in private leagues/clubs can begin our season.This is BS we can't run a race without half of the members getting booted out.This happens in all 5 of the clubs I'm in.

DelawareDave424
18-10-2017, 20:11
just please fix the server

Ixoye56
18-10-2017, 20:15
in which part of the forum is the report, I do not speak English I use the Google translator. and I would like to know why the game went on sale with so many failures. because I play in standard ps4, and some configurations that if they are in PC1 and not in PC2. such as the configuration of training durations and classification because only the race time can be set. just tell me which site is in the forum and I'll look for it myself thanks for the help.

Microsoft and Sony didn't allow internal testing, so the game was outsourced to a third party company provided by MS and Sony, so blame them instead of SMS.

Roger Prynne
18-10-2017, 20:26

Here's a couple of posts from me about the subject... I can't find anymore at the moment.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55311-Too-old-and-unskilled-to-move-to-PC-platform&p=1396153&viewfull=1#post1396153

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53614-There-is-more-to-it-than-just-being-unplayable&p=1376168&viewfull=1#post1376168

The_Senser
18-10-2017, 20:39
Yes, you Need to use the Controller for Edit HUD...

Make your changes in LITE HUD and the Virtual Mirror will stay...

Thank you :-)

graham228221
18-10-2017, 20:59
Microsoft and Sony didn't allow internal testing, so the game was outsourced to a third party company provided by MS and Sony, so blame them instead of SMS.

no, sorry, but that is complete BS. It would be the developer's choice to outsource QA to a 3rd party.

NMD
18-10-2017, 21:27
ROGER PRYNNE because the truth I at least I am disappointed with PC2, apparently PC1 also had launch failures but the PC1 problem I bought it 1 year after launch when I buy my ps4 Christmas 2015. so the game after 1 year will have received many patches. When I started to play PC1 I amuse the game a lot, and the hype left very high so do not hesitate to buy the PC2 in the launch. but certainly the game is inactive and with many faults and configurations that are not yet as (the configuration of training and classification since it can only configure the time that can last the race) this is the reality PC2 was not due to see thrown with the faults that has. And the AI? is not consistent, do not do the same time in rain and dry. I tell you because I did tests with the same cars on the same track. maybe dry is in position 10, and in rain are in position 1 and these 10 seconds ahead of them. is that in every race you have to configure AI. and it bothers you a lot because you do not know what your level is. because there are games like the f1 2017 of codemasters that has the AI ​​consistent if you are dry in position 7 in rain as well. since I in this month buy 2 games the f1 2017 and PC2 the difference is that PC2 me to disappointed.

Ashp01
18-10-2017, 21:49
Not sure if this has been mentioned or not but my game just crashed so hard my Xbox one automatically did a power reset...this patch seems to cause more issues then fix