PDA

View Full Version : [PS4] Bug reporting thread post-patch 2.0

Pages : [1] 2 3

Sankyo
11-10-2017, 10:54
Post your bug reports here for the game on patch level 2.0.

Anthony0805
11-10-2017, 11:38
I still can not play online.
Everytime i have the message when I enter in the lobby "you have been disconnected"....

I have a topic on the forum but nobody answer.....

Sankyo
11-10-2017, 11:54
I still can not play online.
Everytime i have the message when I enter in the lobby "you have been disconnected"....

I have a topic on the forum but nobody answer.....
Do you mean entering the online browser or an actual online race?

Anthony0805
11-10-2017, 11:57
Online race. I can do everything except that.
For exemple, if I try to join 20 lobbies, it juste work once.

Renoldo1990
11-10-2017, 12:04
Not a bug, but a feature which is definitely needed:

You still can't invite people into ongoing sessions.
So, for example if we are doing an Open-End-Training-Session with the guys from our forum nobody can join the lobby.
There is only the opportunity to invite people before (!) the session begins. But we want them to come and leave whenever they want, like it was the case @ Project Cars 1, where you could invite people into ongoing sessions when you were at the pit walk.

If you are at the Online-Training-Session in Pcars2 and you receive a message via PSN "Hey Mate, can I join?". The only opportunity to do so is to create a complete new Lobby.

Stocky81
11-10-2017, 12:13
Haha I thought I was going mad recently. Started qauly and tried to invite a mate. I was like "what am I doing wrong here?"haha

Daz
11-10-2017, 12:22
Hi I was playing online with open lobby and the game now just freezes randomly. I captured the footage and will post the link below. Please comment and explain WTF going on.
PS4 pro with thrustmaster t300gte wheel.

http://youtu.be/Qt4wuVe_MgY

danowat
11-10-2017, 12:34
Hi I was playing online with open lobby and the game now just freezes randomly. I captured the footage and will post the link below. Please comment and explain WTF going on.
PS4 pro with thrustmaster t300gte wheel.

http://youtu.be/Qt4wuVe_MgY

Looks like the join / leave lag, that a lot of people have issues with.

Sankyo
11-10-2017, 12:35
Online race. I can do everything except that.
For exemple, if I try to join 20 lobbies, it juste work once.
Most probably means the hosts of those lobbies haven't updated their game yet.

Daz
11-10-2017, 12:39
Had the leave join messages come up but during that no one joined or left.
Should explain my internet speed is. 12 m/s latency 225 Meg download 12 upload

Sankyo
11-10-2017, 12:42
Threads merged.

Anthony0805
11-10-2017, 12:45
Most probably means the hosts of those lobbies haven't updated their game yet.

I had this problem before the update.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?53644-Issues-joining-a-lobby

Kicius_PL
11-10-2017, 12:55
- visual damage of car is not resetting when You restart race or play replay (If You damage car, it's damaged on start in replay or after restarting session) - OK THIS ISSUE IS FIXED! but, i had situation in replay mode my car was magically partly repaired (i've lost front bumper during race and suddenly it appeared on my car undamaged in the middle of replay, that was very odd)
- dirt on cars is resetting when "it's full"
- sometimes engine sound is missing
- sometimes visual weather bugs - flashing sky etc.

garenki
11-10-2017, 12:59
- visual damage of car is not resetting when You restart race or play replay (If You damage car, it's damaged on start in replay or after restarting session),

WHAT? No way! Damn that bug is so frustrating. Basically you have to reset the race and not simply repeat it. And it has not been fixed?

Bealdor
11-10-2017, 12:59
- Porsche 911 24h is still not listed as an endurance car, but a GT3 car.

That's because it IS a GT3 car. ;)

slug1227
11-10-2017, 13:19
Still can't see the map very well with HDR enabled on PS4 Pro. Map is transparent with background and is too dark, the bug is not there with HDR switched off.

johnnieshere
11-10-2017, 13:19
Went into the replay at the old monza oval during qualifying and although the damage was as it should be in the replay when I went to exit the replay it wouldn't let me continue in the session. I skipped to the end of session and although I was in 1st suddenly I was at the back of the grid for the race. I started the race with the same damage including a lost wheel although the car acted as if it was fixed.

Edit. Just restarted that race and the damage was still there. Same old bug where it restarted me on a dry track with wet tyres.

NMD
11-10-2017, 13:28
because you can not configure the duration of training and classification? or at least the option of being able to advance the time.

JoshTheGeologist
11-10-2017, 13:31
Damage is not disappearing upon restart? And the damage is shown at the beginning of a replay? Sigh. That is very disappointing to hear... Hopefully everything else is smooth. Looking forward to trying it when I have some free time tonight

legacy-8
11-10-2017, 13:34
I never have that problem of damage staying on the car through sessions.......it's mostly due to the fact I can drive it properly and not crash!!!

Don't like damage, learn to drive!!

johnnieshere
11-10-2017, 13:35
It seems to fix itself if you return to the pits after a crash. I've just tried that one race in the Chevy at the old monza oval but I will try a couple of others.

Donnced
- car setup is not uploading automaticly in custom race (don't sure if this is a bug) - You have to go manually in cars setup menu then setup is uploading
- visual damage of car is not resetting when You restart race or play replay (If You damage car, it's damaged on start in replay or after restarting session),

Car setup you have always to load on start of session.
That is not a bug

Are you on 2.0 update? Cause i go to box or do a restart and all damage is fixed, visual and mechanical

If the problem persist do a clean install or erase your saving files (before do a backup of the savings)

johnnieshere
I never have that problem of damage staying on the car through sessions.......it's mostly due to the fact I can drive it properly and not crash!!!

Good for you.

legacy-8
11-10-2017, 13:42
Good for you.

Thank you bud, appreciate it!!

I like seeing the damage on others cars at the race start, it helps me decide who to avoid!

garenki
11-10-2017, 13:43

Oh wow, look at you! So you didn't crash in your entire career? Wow! You know what? Losing control means you are pushing the limit. You know who never lose control? My grandpa.

Roger Prynne
11-10-2017, 13:46
Play nice girls and stop swinging those handbags.

legacy-8
11-10-2017, 13:48
Oh wow, look at you! So you didn't crash in your entire career? Wow! You know what? Losing control means you are pushing the limits. You know who never lose control? My grandpa.

Yup, not a scratch!! On the rare occasion I have crashed, I deal with the damage like anyone would in real life. No assists too, I must be a pro!!

legacy-8
11-10-2017, 13:49
Play nice girls and stop swinging those handbags.

Ahhh it's a bit on 'banter' as the kids say these days. It's OK, my handbag is hanging up next to his!

SenorPez
11-10-2017, 13:50
UDP broadcast support still missing.

Roger Prynne
11-10-2017, 13:51

A lot of people say that it is there and working.

NMD
11-10-2017, 13:51
Can someone answer me please, because you can not configure the training sessions and classification? or at least they put an option where they say you want to advance the time like the f1 2017 codemasters. aver if I stop being a heavy, because this is why I can not play the race mode as I want and not with the sessions of 30 or 40 minutes again thank you if someone answers me.

Bealdor
11-10-2017, 13:54
Can someone answer me please, because you can not configure the training sessions and classification? or at least they put an option where they say you want to advance the time like the f1 2017 codemasters. aver if I stop being a heavy, because this is why I can not play the race mode as I want and not with the sessions of 30 or 40 minutes again thank you if someone answers me.

There's a skip to end of session option in the pause menu.

legacy-8
11-10-2017, 13:54
Can anyone confirm if SMS has added how many laps your fuel tank will last, and also if you can have different set amounts fixed for qualifying and racing?

I will find out tonight when I boot the game up....just curious for now.

Can't wait to try it out....already love the game!

Djuvinile
11-10-2017, 13:55

So, for example if we are doing an Open-End-Training-Session with the guys from our forum nobody can join the lobby.
There is only the opportunity to invite people before (!) the session begins. But we want them to come and leave whenever they want, like it was the case @ Project Cars 1, where you could invite people into ongoing sessions when you were at the pit walk.

If you are at the Online-Training-Session in Pcars2 and you receive a message via PSN "Hey Mate, can I join?". The only opportunity to do so is to create a complete new Lobby.

This isnt entirely true, just as before the patch you can join via party, via friends in friend list who are active in the game and via the community's (if youre in one) i'm on different clean racing ps4 comunity's with loads of players on them so there's always something good to join.

NMD
11-10-2017, 13:56
if I give you to jump the AI ​​Improve the time up to 10 seconds.

Bealdor
11-10-2017, 13:56
Can anyone confirm if SMS has added how many laps your fuel tank will last...

Not yet but it'll probably come with a later patch.

...and also if you can have different set amounts fixed for qualifying and racing?

You have to create different saves for that.

Bealdor
11-10-2017, 13:57
if I give you to jump the AI ​​Improve the time up to 10 seconds.

This is fixed with patch 2.0.

legacy-8
11-10-2017, 13:57
Not yet but it'll probably come with a later patch.

You have to create different saves for that.

No problem, thanks for letting me know :)

NMD
11-10-2017, 13:59
This is fixed with patch 2.0.

thanks friend

garenki
11-10-2017, 14:04
Yup, not a scratch!! On the rare occasion I have crashed, I deal with the damage like anyone would in real life. No assists too, I must be a pro!!

lol.

Renoldo1990
11-10-2017, 14:05
This isnt entirely true, just as before the patch you can join via party, via friends in friend list who are active in the game and via the community's (if youre in one) i'm on different clean racing ps4 comunity's with loads of players on them so there's always something good to join.

Thanks.
I didn't know about that yet as i usually don't use Partys.

My issue is about joining 'private' Sessions, not 'open' Sessions.
You can only join open Sessions via Party and Friendlist, can you? I'm not sure about this?

But even if someone could join over the Party-Feature to 'private' Sessions it's still problematic because these partys are limited to 8 people? So if a 9.th, 10.th, 11.th driver wants to join someone has to leave the party, so somebody else can join via the party to the session?
Our forum has over 7.000 members, so our grid is usually full and these leave-and-join-party-session-thing sounds very complicated?

I still think there should just be an 'Invite-Button' when you are the host and at the pits in online mode.

torsteinvh
11-10-2017, 14:12
It works. I just tested it.
Crew Chief, SIM Dashbord and pCarsDash all work like they should :)

UDP isn't enabled by default, remember to turn it on in 'Options'.

monz
11-10-2017, 14:13
Does not save changes to setup in career race..Clio cup 2 of 5..changed brake balance and pressure,slow rebound, rear camber during several attempts at stopping Clio spin out on sweeping turns...tried stable and loose... horrible..sorry to be that guy but been playing GTS demo and when I crash out its my mistake...the physics are not right and have no confidence with the car...will try quick race but I'm not impressed..can't enjoy career however much I try

Cholton82
11-10-2017, 14:14
Good to hear , I was missing PCars dash ! Has anyone tested skip to end in qualifying and if so does it appear to be working correctly now ? .

FreefallRLC
11-10-2017, 14:26
Any update on the terrible snow driving and overall very bad tracktion of all cars?

monz
11-10-2017, 14:26
Just tried same career race..Clio cup 2 of 5 and changed to wet tyres...came 4th cause I wiped out at end of 3rd lap...my error though...physics and car handling were a pleasure so something is still messed up..Jesus wept ��

Exoil
11-10-2017, 14:28
Does not save changes to setup in career race..Clio cup 2 of 5..changed brake balance and pressure,slow rebound, rear camber during several attempts at stopping Clio spin out on sweeping turns...tried stable and loose... horrible..sorry to be that guy but been playing GTS demo and when I crash out its my mistake...the physics are not right and have no confidence with the car...will try quick race but I'm not impressed..can't enjoy career however much I try

I tried the GTS demo yesterday and thought it was a on rails game. I could do almost anything I wanted with all assists off and the car wouldn't go off the track. Except braking, I had to brake super hard to get the car to stop

legacy-8
11-10-2017, 14:31
Any update on the terrible snow driving and overall very bad tracktion of all cars?

Yea....big update!!!!

There are no issues, it's your driving style/set up!!

Has anyone here actually driven on ice? Believe me, you can't go 90mph round a sharp corner lol

Konan
11-10-2017, 14:34
Good to hear , I was missing PCars dash ! Has anyone tested skip to end in qualifying and if so does it appear to be working correctly now ? .

working yes...

legacy-8
11-10-2017, 14:35
I tried the GTS demo yesterday and thought it was a on rails game. I could do almost anything I wanted with all assists off and the car wouldn't go off the track. Except braking, I had to brake super hard to get the car to stop

I agree, although it looks amazing, it's too arcade like, and the tracks feel too big in width etc. I just found it to be real boring

EDIT - Yes, this is with ALL assists off, including traction, ABS etc, I tried to make it as hard as possible.

monz
11-10-2017, 14:35

Well you shouldn't pull trigger in all the way to break...it actually takes longer to stop...never said GTS was amazing or anything but the difference is consistency...doesn't negate the fact the physics of the Clio feel totally different with wet tyres...I want this game to be amazing...it's got Knockhill in it which is 4 miles from my house...Bannockbrae is really special as well...still play pc1...it's all very frustrating

Exoil
11-10-2017, 14:45
Well you shouldn't pull trigger in all the way to break...it actually takes longer to stop...never said GTS was amazing or anything but the difference is consistency...doesn't negate the fact the physics of the Clio feel totally different with wet tyres...

I know that and I don't use a trigger, I use my T3PA with the conical brake mod installed.
GTS was a really big let down for me personally, I was aiming to buy just because of the PSVR support, but after playing it for 4 hours yesterday I'm waiting for it to be deal of the week to even consider it.

PCars 2 have it's fair share of problems and bugs still but atleast it feels great when it works, not just meh

Pink_650S
11-10-2017, 14:52
The game isnt recognizing rapid downshifts anymore. It did prior to the patch. I also tried it on other games to see if my wheel was the problem, but it works fine on those games.

Wheel: G29
Platform: PS4
Car: Any

Daz
11-10-2017, 14:55
Same on Thrustmaster T300, after looking at my thoughts are maybe it's not letting downshifts if revs would be too high in lowers gears. I think spamming the downshifts gave unfair advantage with no penalty pre patch but I stand to be corrected.

Sankyo
11-10-2017, 14:55
The game isnt recognizing rapid downshifts anymore. It did prior to the patch. I also tried it on other games to see if my wheel was the problem, but it works fine on those games.

How rapid is rapid?

LaCoone
11-10-2017, 14:57

Please please please add this. We are often in "open end lobbys" to train for a leage race and need this feature.

JohnSchoonsBeard
11-10-2017, 15:05
1 - The HUD seemed to be saving fine but the virtual mirror is still disappearing and not returning. I guess that's a separate issue.

2 - In photomode at Fuji in the rain (in the current community event) it isn't possible to take a photo of Mount Fuji in the background behind a car as the LOD ccauses it to disappear. I'd have thought the photo mode would maximise the graphics/ draw distance detail (or at least when rendering the photo). The only way i could get a photo of the iconic view of the mountain looking over the race track was by using chase cam live when driving.

Pink_650S
11-10-2017, 15:07
How rapid is rapid?

So rapid that the game doesnt recognize it, even though it did so only yesterday and the 2 1/2 weeks before that. And l havent changed my driving style during the sleep :D

Bealdor
11-10-2017, 15:09
So rapid that the game doesnt recognize it, even though it did so only yesterday and the 2 1/2 weeks before that. And l havent changed my driving style during the sleep :D

IIRC you guys didn't have the downshift protection feature until now that the PC guys already had.

monz
11-10-2017, 15:11
When you have wets on the Clio it doesn't wallow and spin out like it does on slicks...just came first by 7 secs at snetterton (in the rain)... Knockhill was next..dry track...was on wets and couldn't keep up but stable...retried with slicks...car spins out again....tyres/physics are all over the place and as I said earlier not consistent.

Pink_650S
11-10-2017, 15:17
IIRC you guys didn't have the downshift protection feature until now that the PC guys already had.

Thats awful!

Bealdor
11-10-2017, 15:18
Thats awful!

It'll be tweaked a bit in upcoming patches.

JoshTheGeologist
11-10-2017, 15:30

Exactly right. In the real world crashes never happen. I can't ever think of a motorsport crash in my life. Glad to know the greats of motorsport have never crashed...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi-qitmfvlI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1x4Zf9YFlMs&t=40s

JoshTheGeologist
11-10-2017, 15:32

How quickly are you shifting? Is this going to play a hamper for rally cars which shift extremely quickly? Isn't there a setting about this? I think I remember seeing it in the wheel setting before the patch.

Pink_650S
11-10-2017, 15:55
It'll be tweaked a bit in upcoming patches.

Doesnt sound that awful anymore :)

Flins
11-10-2017, 16:05

Same for me with a Pad !

Bealdor
11-10-2017, 16:06
Same for me with a Pad !

Check out my responses above. It's not a bug.

Flins
11-10-2017, 16:23
Hi

- In private test session, i have no possibility to save my time.
I do some turns and then returning to the pit, i just have possibility to quit without saving.
Go to End of the session doesn't work.

- Still raining Inside the pit

- No possibility to have more than one setting saved.
I explain (and sorry for my English) : i did some tests with rain tires and i saved the settings.
when i went back on the same track with the same car, i saved other settings because it was a sunny day. but each time, it was reseting with the rainy tires. so i had to delete my previous setting (with rain tires).

- For quick race and private tests sessions, i set the date on real time date so 11 october for today, but each time i change track, the date is also changing.

- After a quick restart of a race (As my start was not good), Gearbox is not resetting and stay on 1 instead of 0

philsen89
11-10-2017, 17:32
Ps4 (not pro) since patch 2.0:
- no graphic changes, terrible Antialiasing yet, especially while night or rain
- menu much faster
- rear view mirror still disappearing (hud)

But the worst issue for me is that normal downshifting seems buggy. I hope there will be a hotfix for this, because driving feels very laggy now.

legacy-8
11-10-2017, 17:32
Exactly right. In the real world crashes never happen. I can't ever think of a motorsport crash in my life. Glad to know the greats of motorsport have never crashed...

You're kind of missing the point. Did Jeff Gordon cruise back to the pits, get an instant fix and carry on? No

Anyway, there's no right or wrong answer here, I'm happy the way it is, you're not as you crash lot's

It's all relative

seb02
11-10-2017, 17:52
here are my first reactions following the patch. I specify that I play on PS4 with a controller.
I will start by saying what I find better: we always talk about bugs but there have been things corrected with this patch and I find it important to say:
- menus are faster
- the sound has been greatly improved
- Personally, I find that driving road cars has been improved (may be thanks to better setup of origin).
Thanks for these improvements

Let's move on to things to improve (this remains a personal opinion):
- the AI ​​is highly perfectible: the first turn of the first turn is to be reworked.
- the level of the AI ​​on oval is to review: with ford fusion (custom race mode), even at a level at 0%, the AI ​​is much too fast, I am far behind. Please, pass this message to the developers, I love the nascar and it is very frustrating.
- problem of setup: I was on the circuit of Barcelona and the setup by default was that of Monza !!! (while I did not run on Monza before)
- Long Beach and Monaco: problem of framerate fall (it may be necessary to decrease the assets for a better fluidity).
- Graphics less beautiful than on PC1. A little effort would be welcome.
-ICM: I always think that it is necessary to facilitate the strategy at the stand and thus put that as 1st choice.

marvin47lm
11-10-2017, 18:18
Guys, can someone tell me why this patch is available only for Europe? (in this moment)

Konan
11-10-2017, 18:21
Guys, can someone tell me why this patch is available only for Europe?

it will be available everywhere...i don't know why exactly it isn't for some yet...

marvin47lm
11-10-2017, 18:26
yeah, I know, but in this case I guess something is conected with the region. I don't know, PSN are strange sometimes.

seb02
11-10-2017, 18:39
Konan, please, can you deliver my message in bold to the developers.

The_Flurk
11-10-2017, 18:41
Fanatec CSL Elite PS4: Still feels oversaturated and no FX (bumps, kerbs,...).
The "Thrustmaster" text issue got fixed.

Konan
11-10-2017, 18:56
Konan, please, can you deliver my message in bold to the developers.

if it's the one with AI on ovals,i just reported it....

seb02
11-10-2017, 18:58
if it's the one with AI on ovals,i just reported it....

yes. thanks a lot Konan. please let me know if you have any news.

Konan
11-10-2017, 19:01
yes. thanks a lot Konan. please let me know if you have any news.

there won't be...the devs see the reports and start working on them if/when they can and according to priority...next thing we know is when the patch comes out...

seb02
11-10-2017, 19:07
there won't be...the devs see the reports and start working on them if/when they can and according to priority...next thing we know is when the patch comes out...

OK, thanks. I hope that will be corrected in the next patch.

dutchracer
11-10-2017, 19:10
i have the same problem(t500rs) it seems that it will only shift down under a certain amound off rpm no matter how fast or slow i shift down. and it's the same on all cars. is that what you mean by the (downshift protection feature)? iff it is what's really the point off it? and can i disable it somehow? thanks in advance! as for the rest the patch is a great improvement so thanks for that to!

Borez
11-10-2017, 19:11
This is a new one.

Save unsuccessful: invalid use of profanity.

No matter what name I use.

The only profanity is me shouting at the game because I can't save my damn setup to be honest.

breyzipp
11-10-2017, 19:17

Here is how someone pre-patch experienced your "terrible snow driving" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0VrbUqTxiA

spoiler alert : I don't think I have ever seen/hear anyone be so genuine enthusiastic about something.

Mattyking101
11-10-2017, 19:17
Can any1 help me,,1st off GREAT GAME,defanetly a good upgrade from pcars1,My problem is my down shift is realy unresponsive when i down shift fast from high gears,it works fine when im in 4th and go down to 1st fast but if im in 5th or 6th and want to go down to 1st i have to literally press my padlle 8/9 times.It worked fine yesturday and today its costing me 2seconds a lap,this only started from new update

Renoldo1990
11-10-2017, 19:20
i have the same problem(t500rs) it seems that it will only shift down under a certain amound off rpm no matter how fast or slow i shift down. and it's the same on all cars. is that what you mean by the (downshift protection feature)? iff it is what's really the point off it? and can i disable it somehow? thanks in advance! as for the rest the patch is a great improvement so thanks for that to!

Project CARS 2 is a racing simulation. So it tries to represent the cars as realistic as they are in real life.
Many modern race cars use a Down-Shift-Protection in real life. For example GT3, GTE-Cars. Without this system the engine would be killed within a few laps by constant rapid-'fire'-downshifting.
You can't turn it of in real life, so you can't turn it off in Project CARS 2, too.

The system as it is represented in the current version has a few weaknesses. But it is said that there will be improvements for this system in the upcoming patches.

For me this is potentially the biggest improvement in comparison to Project CARS 1, because it leads to much more realistic driving.

Bealdor
11-10-2017, 19:21
Can any1 help me,,1st off GREAT GAME,defanetly a good upgrade from pcars1,My problem is my down shift is realy unresponsive when i down shift fast from high gears,it works fine when im in 4th and go down to 1st fast but if im in 5th or 6th and want to go down to 1st i have to literally press my padlle 8/9 times.It worked fine yesturday and today its costing me 2seconds a lap,this only started from new update

That's not a bug, that's the downshift protection that saves your engine from overreving.

Edit: What Renoldo said.

johnnieshere
11-10-2017, 19:26
I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional but the cars still drive through each other in the pitlane instead of acting like solid objects.

Konan
11-10-2017, 19:30
I'm not sure if it's a bug or intentional but the cars still drive through each other in the pitlane instead of acting like solid objects.

that's intentional...

Mattyking101
11-10-2017, 19:31
That's not a bug, that's the downshift protection that saves your engine from overreving.

Edit: What Renoldo said.

Yes i understand that but even if i was in 5th and roll with no acceleration and drop into 4th i then can rapidly go down to 1st

Paolo66
11-10-2017, 19:34
Same thing for me, I use the Logitech G29, scaled very slow and delayed ,In Fuji community event with the Nissan Oreca, is no longer present the ABS adjustment is a desired thing or bug?

breyzipp
11-10-2017, 19:39
Taking bug reporting to the next level. :)

This is all from Patch 2.0 on my PS4 Pro in HDR with the standard DualShock 4 controller. And from a quick race in Road G in the Toyota 86 on Texas road course with the Road Motorsport preset.

Paolo66
11-10-2017, 19:50
I have uploaded one of the rare ghosts in the ranking and I can not use the shared setup, maybe because the Phantom was created before the upgrade? Now will there be all the ghosts in the first rows of community event rankings?

SnowLeopard
11-10-2017, 19:55
This is a new one.

Save unsuccessful: invalid use of profanity.

No matter what name I use.

The only profanity is me shouting at the game because I can't save my damn setup to be honest.

If there is an invalid use of profanity, that implies there are valid uses for profanity, doesn't it?

Zenzic
11-10-2017, 20:00
If there is an invalid use of profanity, that implies there are valid uses for profanity, doesn't it?

Yep. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9RVS8cjNN0)

dutchracer
11-10-2017, 20:04
Project CARS 2 is a racing simulation. So it tries to represent the cars as realistic as they are in real life.
Many modern race cars use a Down-Shift-Protection in real life. For example GT3, GTE-Cars. Without this system the engine would be killed within a few laps by constant rapid-'fire'-downshifting.
You can't turn it of in real life, so you can't turn it off in Project CARS 2, too.

The system as it is represented in the current version has a few weaknesses. But it is said that there will be improvements for this system in the upcoming patches.

For me this is potentially the biggest improvement in comparison to Project CARS 1, because it leads to much more realistic driving.

ok thanks! i didn't know that, learning something new every day! that makes some sense to me allthough i don't think that an F1(FA)car should have downshift protection does it? and it seems a bit overdone with the gt3's to at the moment. but i'll just gonna have to get used to it i guess, and i assume sms will fix any problems with it soon enough. anyway thanks for your quick answer! cheers!

Maciej619
11-10-2017, 20:08
I've just had the weirdest bug. After online qualif I've spectated other people, and during that It stopped and moved us to the race. After first turn I discovered that I'm not driving the car I'm sitting in, and I was still spectating while my real car was banging against the wall near the start.

marcel171281
11-10-2017, 20:24
there's something with the authentic driver aids since the patch. I always have it on authentic. Yet after the patch it sometimes goes back to full while driving. When i go back to the menu and put it back on authentic it is fine again. But then a sesion later I can all of a sudden switch aids on that the cars should not have (like stability control on the f40). When i look in the menu it is on full again. This keep repeting. Had it with several cars on different tracks.

alegunner68
11-10-2017, 20:26
Ffb feels a lot better, especially immersive.
BUT.. all ffb disappears randomly on some corners for a split second, usually resulting in me spinning off.
Doesn't happen in inf or raw.
T300.

Djuvinile
11-10-2017, 20:34
Had an issue in single player. started a new career in a ginetta g40 at oulton short. practice was fine , but in qualify my laps weren't registered in the timesheet. it didn't invalid my laptime it even displayed the shaved off seconds in green, never went outside track limits. ps. got it recorded on PS4 if its any help..

Roger Prynne
11-10-2017, 20:36
Here is how someone pre-patch experienced your "terrible snow driving" : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0VrbUqTxiA

spoiler alert : I don't think I have ever seen/hear anyone be so genuine enthusiastic about something.

The trouble is that a lot of people don't know how to drive in the snow/ice and they need to practice or learn from videos etc.

SenorPez
11-10-2017, 20:38

I stand corrected. I didn't see it in the patch notes, and must have missed it when I checked Options this morning.

Now, if only we had PCARS2 packet specs. Pretty please with sugar on top SMS?

simini76
11-10-2017, 21:36
(PS4 PRO)
graphics doesn't improve
anti aliasing filter problem
backgroud pop-up problem
real mirror...unwatchable
tank/liters "how many laps"?
FFB FX too low on curbs and road vibration
On Line Mode... list starting races first (i don't need to know races "15 laps left")

Thank.:cool:

Kicius_PL
11-10-2017, 21:44
Before 2.0 patch when entering in photo mode and back during replay fps was unlocked, that was GOOD future, now replays are locked on 30fps even on PSPro, and look terrible :/ are there any chances to give PS4 users option to choose 30fps replays and with unlocked fps? I know that it's very hard to get stable 60fps in replay even on PS4Pro but unlocked unstable fps is still much better than locked 30 fps! SMS please respond. After 2.0 patch replays are nightmare for me on this 30 fps :/

Borez
11-10-2017, 22:11
Career, World sports Car US, Road America. Misses qualifying completely and goes straight to the race with me starting last.

Man, Pcars 2 is frustrating sometimes.

Exoil
11-10-2017, 22:33
The trouble is that a lot of people don't know how to drive in the snow/ice and they need to practice or learn from videos etc.

As a Swede I've done a fair bit of ice lake racing and racing on snow tracks. I had a really hard time driving on ice with anything other than the WRX cars before 2.0 and now it's still not nearly as easy with the road cars as it is in real life, but a lot easier than it was before the patch.

JimmyBeez
11-10-2017, 23:49

It is the same on a controller, first race after the patch using the GT3 McLaren, it doesn't change down correctly when done rapidly, never had the issue before the patch

JimmyBeez
11-10-2017, 23:52

Having exactly the same issue.

MillsLayne
11-10-2017, 23:57
Has the patch gone live in N. America? I checked just a little while ago and it kept saying that the v1.03 was the most current.

blausven
12-10-2017, 00:10
AI still crashes in my back while I'm braking or while I'm driving through corners.
I don't have the feeling they recognise me, they just drive as like they were alone on the track...
Also lower classes in multi class races don't behave like they should - let faster cars pass and fight with opponents of the same class.

AI still dont makes fun to me at all.

Donnced
12-10-2017, 00:17
It is the same on a controller, first race after the patch using the GT3 McLaren, it doesn't change down correctly when done rapidly, never had the issue before the patch

Having exactly the same issue.

That is the new implementation of "the Downshift Protection System" , a system that protects gearbox from damage with fast downshifting.
Lots of real cars have that system in real life.

It isn't a bug. But a feature.

It was also explaind in the last 2 pages, sometimes before reporting check out the tread and posts,you will probably find an answer.

Assetto Corsa also simulates the "Downshift Protection system" and it's only question to relearn how to Downshift.
This feature is very welcomed and add a bit more in the simulation

unrealtairo
12-10-2017, 00:56
That is the new implementation of "the Downshift Protection System" , a system that protects gearbox from damage with fast downshifting.
Lots of real cars have that system in real life.

It isn't a bug. But a feature.

It was also explaind in the last 2 pages, sometimes before reporting check out the tread and posts,you will probably find an answer.

Assetto Corsa also simulates the "Downshift Protection system" and it's only question to relearn how to Downshift.
This feature is very welcomed and add a bit more in the simulation

Its actually not welcome at all, so ya.
It needs to be disabled until it can be toggled on/off freely.

Donnced
12-10-2017, 01:26
Its actually not welcome at all, so ya.
It needs to be disabled until it can be toggled on/off freely.

People wants simulators and that those aporoche maximum real life car behaviour and systems.

So they added an "Downshift Protection system" used in real life from normal cars up to race cars... And you complain?

You always can move forward to an driveclub or GT Sport.

In some cars the system needs adjustments, that will come with updates.
BTW in the PC version the "Downshift Protection System " was already there... The only mistake done is the system wasn't simulated in the console versions from launch, so now you have to learn to Downshift properly.

I don't have problems with the system coming from assetto Corsa that also have the "Downshift Protection system" , but maybe the serious simgames aren't for you and your taste is more accessible and forgiving basic sims as GT or Forza

gimmick73
12-10-2017, 01:31
Graphics still don’t match pCars1 on PS4 Pro.

fabio munhoz
12-10-2017, 02:55
Good evening ! the cars of indy cars after the 2.0 update were very difficult to control the tires of the cars this with a lot of bug and when it will make bend the car wheel, this impossible to drive you can check these problem grateful.

Martini Da Gasalini
12-10-2017, 04:54
The downshift delay is still happening on the Audi V8.
Ive deleted my PC2 file and reinstalling game, we'll see what happens after. I'll post a vid if it does it again

philsen89
12-10-2017, 05:19
The downshift delay is still happening on the Audi V8.
Ive deleted my PC2 file and reinstalling game, we'll see what happens after. I'll post a vid if it does it again

you dont have to reinstall your game, just read this thread. The new "feature" is called "downshift protection" and integrated in the PC version since release.

Graphics still don’t match pCars1 on PS4 Pro.

Graphics still don't match Gran Turismo 6 or Forza 5 on PS4 (no joke).

BIFTEKMAN
12-10-2017, 06:03
Autopilot sometimes rams into other vehicles during rolling start, causing penalties.

xtremelead
12-10-2017, 06:27
First of all: thumbs up for the patch...what a relief the menu's are working fine now.

Is this still a bug or by design?

Car setups are not saved per car per track, but only per car. So going from say Monza to COTA, in COTA the setup from Monza is loaded. If I make adjustments for COTA and save them, the game wants to overwrite my Monza setup. If I choose to save to a new save slot, it asks me to give a new name but this name cannot be changed. For instance: 'Ferrari 488 GT3' is the Monza file name. If I change this to 'Ferrari 488 GT3 COTA' and click Done, the Save name is reset to 'Ferrari 488 GT3'. Then, if I click save , it says the name is already in use.

breyzipp
12-10-2017, 06:29
PS4 Pro still has issues with draw distances. Like for example on Texas Road course the barrier to block the oval section as you turn onto the infield section, that barrier is not there when you are on the big oval turn (turn 1 I guess) but you see the barrier pop up once you get closer to it.

Sessionerror
12-10-2017, 06:30
Sampala is still missing in the track list in private testing.

jasje
12-10-2017, 06:43
I see clearly some improvements in the FFB strength on the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 (Ferrari 488 GT3 is a lot stronger)

Unfortunately still no road feel or rumble from the kerbs...

johnnieshere
12-10-2017, 07:14
First of all: thumbs up for the patch...what a relief the menu's are working fine now.

Is this still a bug or by design?

Car setups are not saved per car per track, but only per car. So going from say Monza to COTA, in COTA the setup from Monza is loaded. If I make adjustments for COTA and save them, the game wants to overwrite my Monza setup. If I choose to save to a new save slot, it asks me to give a new name but this name cannot be changed. For instance: 'Ferrari 488 GT3' is the Monza file name. If I change this to 'Ferrari 488 GT3 COTA' and click Done, the Save name is reset to 'Ferrari 488 GT3'. Then, if I click save , it says the name is already in use.

I was having this problem pre patch but it seems to have fixed itself post 2.0

stephensmattlee
12-10-2017, 07:21
Probably not so much of a bug as more of a feature request.

Would there be any chance SMS could add a little more controller vibration when driving on the tracks?

You get vibrations when driving on the apex and off track but personally finding the vibration feel quite “muted” when actually on the circuits.
Probably part of the reason why the cars felt floaty and disconnected from the track when using a controller.

On PS4 btw

Anyone else agree?

xtremelead
12-10-2017, 07:22

So how does it work for you then? Maybe it's me doing something wrong?

maxx69
12-10-2017, 07:29
Thanks for the patch it's a big improvement . Something I noticed last night in a few of our lobbies was that we couldn't choose liveries . Cars were flicking through liveries on their own . Also the car from the previous Race was still displayed on the menus/lobby screen , but the host had changed car and even when the correct car was shown we still couldn't change livery.

pa_pinkelman
12-10-2017, 07:33
Except braking, I had to brake super hard to get the car to stop
I see you also use theT3PA pedals. They do not calibrate right. When the brake is pressed full it registers just as 50% or so.
I suspect the rubber brakemod causes this. And since the option menu crashes the game, I don't know if there is a option to calibrate the pedals? Maybe starting the game with brake fully pressed will help?

It's just a demo so I binned it. PC2 is taking up all my time anyway...

FreefallRLC
12-10-2017, 07:57
First if all big imoprovements after that patch. good work!
I tried snow driving again and itīs much better now. Driving straight and braking works better now. Cornering is OK as well. BUT; yesterday my career has a snow race on Bathurst. The traction when accelerating is OK now. If you accel too much the tires slip. makes sense. The AI doesnīt seem to have that problem though! They shoot away like on dry road. No affected like me. While I have to very gently accelarate they donīt have any problems. They only get slower in corners. There itīs OK. Allthough, even with very slow speed and careful tuning the wheel, I always spinned around in the Esses (the fast corners after another before the long straight) I never made if further than there. Tried different settings aon Ice tires of course.
- The AI cars should have to accel more slow on ice. Now seems more like they behave like on rain (?)
- the traction in slow speed in corners could be improved still.

On the AMG GTS I noticed snow tires and Ice tires. While the Ice tires worked fine, the snow tires I didnīt even manage to start driving. Non stop slipping through and zero traction. What are those for?!

FreefallRLC
12-10-2017, 08:00
Another thing I noticed after tha patch about the sound; while the tire squeaking sounds got reduced (much better!) The overall sound is still quite low. Especially the crashing sounds. Bumping into walls scratching barriers etc should be MUCH louder!!

The_Flurk
12-10-2017, 08:00
I see clearly some improvements in the FFB strength on the Fanatec CSL Elite PS4 (Ferrari 488 GT3 is a lot stronger)

Unfortunately still no road feel or rumble from the kerbs...

My guess is us CSLE users can also feel the general adjustments SMS has made to the FFB, but like you said, still very bad FFB feel and no FX for us.
Unfortunately, this causes the game to be very difficult to push the car and be consistent at the same time. True racing is next to impossible, just because we are missing a lot of FFB information.
Congratulations on everything else, SMS, very good patch. Still a lot to cover too, but v2.0 fixes some game breaking stuff. Keep them coming. :cool:

BongoFury23
12-10-2017, 08:03
Anyone else agree?
Yes, FFB with the DS4 controller shoul'd be much stronger.

Djuvinile
12-10-2017, 08:10
Yes, FFB with the DS4 controller shoul'd be much stronger.

Wow i want a FFB DS4 as well! or do you mean vibration by any chance?

Djuvinile
12-10-2017, 08:11
I see you also use theT3PA pedals. They do not calibrate right. When the brake is pressed full it registers just as 50% or so.
I suspect the rubber brakemod causes this. And since the option menu crashes the game, I don't know if there is a option to calibrate the pedals? Maybe starting the game with brake fully pressed will help?

It's just a demo so I binned it. PC2 is taking up all my time anyway...

You can (and have to) calibrate them in the control settings.

b1sakher
12-10-2017, 08:12
- Filter intensity slider still doesn't do anything in photo-mode.

Stocky81
12-10-2017, 08:15
Morning all. Tried it last night. Career mode. FC.

Tried to pit in qualy to top up on fuel. Went in to ICM system. Selected fuel level. Backed out of screen. called in to pits.

NO fuel input???? tried 5 times. Is this a bug or can someone advise if I am being a spanner and there is something I am not doing right?

Thanks all :p

Bealdor
12-10-2017, 08:17
Morning all. Tried it last night. Career mode. FC.

Tried to pit in qualy to top up on fuel. Went in to ICM system. Selected fuel level. Backed out of screen. called in to pits.

NO fuel input???? tried 5 times. Is this a bug or can someone advise if I am being a spanner and there is something I am not doing right?

Thanks all :p

Check the series rules. Maybe refueling is not allowed during qualifying?

hsb
12-10-2017, 08:25
BUT; yesterday my career has a snow race on Bathurst. The traction when accelerating is OK now. If you accel too much the tires slip. makes sense. The AI doesnīt seem to have that problem though! They shoot away like on dry road. No affected like me. While I have to very gently accelarate they donīt have any problems. They only get slower in corners. There itīs OK. Allthough, even with very slow speed and careful tuning the wheel, I always spinned around in the Esses (the fast corners after another before the long straight) I never made if further than there. Tried different settings aon Ice tires of course.

I had the same problem in career with Ginetta GT5 on Silverstone National with rain. When trying to accelerate on the Club Straight there are puddles everywhere and you find no traction anywhere. But the AI is just going straight on the normal racing line as it was dry. Same behavior in the corners like Freefall told, AI is very slow.

Is it still a bug?

BongoFury23
12-10-2017, 08:28
Wow i want a FFB DS4 as well! or do you mean vibration by any chance?
What do you guess?

BongoFury23
12-10-2017, 08:30
I had the same problem in career with Ginetta GT5 on Silverstone National with rain. When trying to accelerate on the Club Straight there are puddles everywhere and you find no traction anywhere. But the AI is just going straight on the normal racing line as it was dry. Same behavior in the corners like Freefall told, AI is very slow.

Is it still a bug?
I tried slicks at this race and they've been faster than the AllWeathers ;)

Stocky81
12-10-2017, 08:30
Check the series rules. Maybe refueling is not allowed during qualifying?

Ahh right. Never thought of that haha.

Still learning that P-cars 2 follows real life rules. Will check it out tonight. Thanks buddy :D

Sessionerror
12-10-2017, 08:32
User reports in our community about virtual rear view mirror still disappearing in the HUD when changing the HUD view.

BongoFury23
12-10-2017, 08:34
UDP and Apps in Pcars1 mode, not a real bug:
In PCars you had the values frozen when you went into pits what was very helpful to set up your car. Now it's resetting to default values once you go into pits. Not so helpful.

FreefallRLC
12-10-2017, 08:53

Is it still a bug?
Shure needs some improvement. A little bit less slippery for myself in corners on ice when (accelerating) and the AI more slow when accelerating on straigts and out of corners would fix snow a lot :)

johnnieshere
12-10-2017, 08:54

Now it lets me change the name to whatever I want, whereas before it was exactly as you have described. The default setting for all cars now seems to be "stable" and I can just go in and tweak it and rename as I see fit.

OilerPete
12-10-2017, 09:12
Hope this is in the right place.

Qualifying at Donington National in Tier 6 Ginetta Junior Career Mode Race 3 - Raining, wipers on all okay. I finish the session and continue to the race where it's also raining. The wipers are no longer on and the rain isn't landing on the windscreen. After a couple of laps I put the wipers on and the rain now lands on the windscreen.

Also, pole positions don't seem to be registering correctly in the profile stats now and race fastest laps aren't registering either pre or post patch.

The handling of this car and saving setup changes does seem to have improved post-patch though.

hossa
12-10-2017, 09:38
Career --> lamborghini trofeo --> round 7 Fuji

- I qualified first - went to box and skipped to the end of session still listed P1 - so skipping seems to work: thanks for that great fix!
- went to race: started 3rd (also listed 3rd)
- pause menu - restart - started 1st again
--> this bug was there before 2.0 - the workaround is easy but please fix this inconsistency

Also:
there still are huge slumps of framerate in all night races (just had 2 races in career after 2.0), especially with a lot of cars in front of you and in corners. This disappears when 1st again. PS4pro starts to ventilate tremendously.

falm
12-10-2017, 09:58
Free practice with Kart at Le Mans Karting: Breaks do not build up heat, but when starting a fresh session the left rear is already at ~280 deg Celsius.

hsb
12-10-2017, 10:04
I tried slicks at this race and they've been faster than the AllWeathers ;)

Sound like it is still buggy.

I also had another problem on the track with the rear mirror at that exact spot on the track (Silverstone National, begin of Club Straight). It happend a few times that the track was white in the rear mirror. Just like the texture wasn't loading correctly. Car was Ginetta GT5 (just for not clicking backwards through thread) and i'm on the PS4 Pro.

Samsara
12-10-2017, 10:11
I have tested this on only two courses so far: Spa Classic, and Mercedes Ice Track (Full). In Blizzard conditions (and possibly other wet conditions), track lights do not illuminate area around it. On Spa, it seems as though none of the lights work at all. On the full Mercedes Ice Track, only a few lights seem to work. Once the Blizzard has let up and clearer conditions return, the lights begin to function again. Can provide pictures.

Sessionerror
12-10-2017, 10:14
Free practice with Kart at Le Mans Karting: Breaks do not build up heat, but when starting a fresh session the left rear is already at ~280 deg Celsius.

Kart does only have a brake disc at one of the rear wheels, so there are actually no brake discs that could build up heat at the other wheels.

Kriig
12-10-2017, 10:18
Yea....big update!!!!

There are no issues, it's your driving style/set up!!

Has anyone here actually driven on ice? Believe me, you can't go 90mph round a sharp corner lol

The feeling of driving on snow was much more familiar after the update. But i'll have to try more rwd cars.
I felt the 120 hp Escort kicked out the back end to fast, even by driving relaxed and not to fast. (Gotta watch out when downshifting like irl, keep the revs up to speed ;) )
EVO X and S1 Quattro was very good.

I tried the Audi S1 Quattro, EVO X and the old Escorts on snow (not ice). Handbrake works/feels different on these cars.
HB turns with the Audi works very well, but with the Escorts and EVO X it just throws you around, just with a fast and light touch on the hb.

Kind of frustrating that it's not the same.
I don't know how they model the handbrakes on each car, but it felt the same between the EVO and the Escort (1600RS and Rally X) and there is 40 years developement between them + rearwheel drive vs 4wd.
If the handbrake on the EVO and Audi felt the same i could see why, since they are from the same era and both are 4wd.

I'm not sure if the real Audi has electronic handbrake, but the EVO X has a good old manual leaver.

Since i've been driving on snow/ice every winter since 1992 i know by experience that the handbrake can save you or make you go say hello to a field. :p

I'll do some more testing though. I haven't driven a 70's rwd car since my Opel Kadett C in 1993.

I did not see the OEM setup yesterday, so i'll check again, but the game felt much better and the FFB was also much better.
I'm sure more fixes will come in the next patches. And this is extremely complex stuff to get right. To try to get a complete feeling of sitting in a car just trought a steering wheel... Glad it's not me doing it. :hopelessness:

Anyway, it would be nice if more of you riders could try the handbrake on different cars, to see if it is a thing that needs adjustment.

BATTLExxBEDDALL
12-10-2017, 12:28
The lag caused by someone joining the qualifying sessions is still very apparent. I tried a couple of races last night where this was so bad I just gave up and played something else.

Netminder
12-10-2017, 12:49
Post your bug reports here for the game on patch level 2.0.

The Porsche 918 does NOT recover hybrid power. It makes the car near useless before one lap at the Ring is even complete. It would be very nice to be able to adjust the hybrid modes of cars that work that way IRL. I'm pretty sure it isn't just the 919 that needs hybrid fixing.

Zenzic
12-10-2017, 13:26
Has anyone else noticed the whole dashboard of the car starts to vibrate at Nordschleife after some time? It moves left and right at quite a high frequency. Noticed this with both the Ferrari 488 GTE and Porsche 911 GTE halfway the second lap. Even when parking the car the dashboard keeps vibrating in respect to the environment. It's gone again when I restart the session.

bmanic
12-10-2017, 13:34
As a Swede I've done a fair bit of ice lake racing and racing on snow tracks. I had a really hard time driving on ice with anything other than the WRX cars before 2.0 and now it's still not nearly as easy with the road cars as it is in real life, but a lot easier than it was before the patch.

As a Finn who has done some ice lake rally cross too and drive a normal road car in the snow most winters I don't completely agree with you. I suspect you are simply not looking at the speeds you are doing in the game. It's easy to say "but it's easier in real life".. well in real life you have more intuitive check on the speed you are doing and you have incentive not to crash (thus not pushing the limit as eagerly).

Looking at the actual speeds for cornering I'd say pCars 2 ice and snow seems to be pretty accurate.. or at the very least, in the vicinity of realism. :)

bigair199
12-10-2017, 14:35
People wants simulators and that those aporoche maximum real life car behaviour and systems.

So they added an "Downshift Protection system" used in real life from normal cars up to race cars... And you complain?

BTW in the PC version the "Downshift Protection System " was already there... The only mistake done is the system wasn't simulated in the console versions from launch, so now you have to learn to Downshift properly.

I don't have problems with the system coming from assetto Corsa that also have the "Downshift Protection system" , but maybe the serious simgames aren't for you and your taste is more accessible and forgiving basic sims as GT or Forza

Ok then answer me this, are the cars REQUIRED to have this in real life? I can understand wanting to have it in real life but isn't this still a choice for the race teams?

Why can we turn off damage in the game, you can't in real life? Why can we turn off mechanical failures, you can't in real life?

My point is it should be an OPTION, not a requirement. If I want to take the chance of damaging my transmission it should be a choice, just like real life.

As far as your sarcasm, keep it to yourself because it doesn't have anything to do with someone's seriousness or abilities. It's about preference on something that should be an OPTION, not a requirement.

Konan
12-10-2017, 14:50
Qualifying at Donington National in Tier 6 Ginetta Junior Career Mode Race 3 - Raining, wipers on all okay. I finish the session and continue to the race where it's also raining. The wipers are no longer on and the rain isn't landing on the windscreen. After a couple of laps I put the wipers on and the rain now lands on the windscreen

Reported this a while ago...actually the wipers act as if they are working,they're just not moving (when you try and turn them on they go to the fast directly meaning they were working at normal speed before)

Grijo
12-10-2017, 14:56
PS4 Pro still has issues with draw distances. Like for example on Texas Road course the barrier to block the oval section as you turn onto the infield section, that barrier is not there when you are on the big oval turn (turn 1 I guess) but you see the barrier pop up once you get closer to it.

+1 to that. It's difficult to judge the braking point because when the barrier pop-up, you already missed it. My first laps in this track were a nightmare. Draw distance in Pcars 2 is horrible, especially at night. In fact, excepting the cars, the graphics from Pcars 2 is worse than Forza 4 in X360. And I bought the PS4 Pro mostly because I wanted the best performance for Pcars 2.

Man, I hate to complain about a thing that I was so faithfull...well, I hope that things get sorted in some months

apexbuddha
12-10-2017, 17:09
I love that it looks like the race line is back and behaving itself now. I feel ready to go tackle career mode now.

Mind you, I only raced two tracks after the update last night and did notice that the race line disappeared for a short section of a straightaway on the Knockhill circuit. Not a big deal seeing how it was a straight, but wanted to mention it regardless.

Marlo
12-10-2017, 17:47
In career: The RX Regional lites series has too easy AI. Played it with 120 difficulty and 70 aggression and it was very easy winning every race even though im making lots of mistakes. At 100 difficulty i could even lap a car in 6 laps.

I7akk0N
12-10-2017, 17:55
First, I want to say a big, Thank You for 2.0!! All the major issues I was having have been fixed.

Just wanted to report 2 minor things,

1.)Porsche 936 shows it has a V6 instead of Flat 6 in the vehicle selection screen.

2.)The Mclaren 720s's revs stutter when shifting with auto clutch enabled. I don't know if it's the same with auto clutch disabled.

hossa
12-10-2017, 19:10
I was a little bit too enthusiastic about the "skip-to-end"-of-qualifying-bug fix.
It's still there and as frustrating as before the 2.0 patch era!

There is no time for P1 in one sector - and that's the same bug as in pcars1!

Guys, are you really working on that bug?

Dirtryder
12-10-2017, 19:57
Driving line Still broken

Stocky81
12-10-2017, 19:59
hi guys. post patch.44formula c race. tyres start good temp then just drop over the laps and becomes undrivable. anyone else aware of this? I thought tyre temps were supposed to be sorted.

Stocky81
12-10-2017, 20:00
can anyone help

formula c. race. tyres up to temp. over the next few laps they keep dropping and I lose all grip. is this something I am doing wrong or still a bug like it was on v1.03? thanks all

NMD
12-10-2017, 20:17
I was a little bit too enthusiastic about the "skip-to-end"-of-qualifying-bug fix.
It's still there and as frustrating as before the 2.0 patch era!

There is no time for P1 in one sector - and that's the same bug as in pcars1!

Guys, are you really working on that bug?

it seems that not because if you skip session you lose between 2 or 4 potions, you still have the same errors. and in this patch also did not put some configuration to edit the training and classification. I still hope some response from Slightly Mad Studios, to see if they put any option to set the duration of the times because you can only set the race. but good as always, we will correct it in the next patch and they will tell you that they have some patience that we worked hard bla bla and more bla bla.
or that they put the option to advance the time, or the 2 things and that the players decide the duration of the trainings and classification and if you want to advance the time or not. because as I say only the race can be configured. or they could see it thought to put the 2 options before taking out the game for sale.

1nterceptor
12-10-2017, 20:37
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zPBS4WqE9vY
Don't quality

Stocky81
12-10-2017, 20:38
can anyone help

formula c. race. tyres up to temp. over the next few laps they keep dropping and I lose all grip. is this something I am doing wrong or still a bug like it was on v1.03? thanks all

well. if anyone has fiddled looks like "sport tyre" has no such issue.

doesn't tell you what sport does compared to slick. no hard soft option. just slick, sport, all terrain, ice ......

plus u have to set traction control up otherwise cant catch AI. I have played circa 1000hrs on p cars one. 85 ai difficulty 70 aggression. I had to fiddle with this for over an hour!! shouldn't be so damn hard for bloody formula c haha:rolleyes:

marcel171281
12-10-2017, 20:43
there's something with the authentic driver aids since the patch. I always have it on authentic. Yet after the patch it sometimes goes back to full while driving. When i go back to the menu and put it back on authentic it is fine again. But then a sesion later I can all of a sudden switch aids on that the cars should not have (like stability control on the f40). When i look in the menu it is on full again. This keep repeting. Had it with several cars on different tracks.

Happened again in a gt3 race today. Working as intended (authentic aids) with m6. After going back in the box in free practice and small setup changed (tire pressure only) I noticed different behavour. Stability control switched on and in menu it went from authentic to full again.

Am I the only one with this bug?

Civic
12-10-2017, 20:44
If you use the DS4 controller to name your tuning save the game changes your controller from your wheel to the DS4 and there is no way to change back to the wheel without restarting the game.

Civic
12-10-2017, 20:47
Has anyone else noticed the whole dashboard of the car starts to vibrate at Nordschleife after some time? It moves left and right at quite a high frequency. Noticed this with both the Ferrari 488 GTE and Porsche 911 GTE halfway the second lap. Even when parking the car the dashboard keeps vibrating in respect to the environment. It's gone again when I restart the session.

At a guess I think you have head shake turned on in the camera options and the game is simulating a vibration. I know even before the patch when my tyres were worn I would get a high frequency FFB vibration that I thought could damage my G29 wheel. I'm not sure if it still does it after the patch as I did not get to play the game much yesterday.

Civic
12-10-2017, 20:53
Ok then answer me this, are the cars REQUIRED to have this in real life? I can understand wanting to have it in real life but isn't this still a choice for the race teams?

Why can we turn off damage in the game, you can't in real life? Why can we turn off mechanical failures, you can't in real life?

My point is it should be an OPTION, not a requirement. If I want to take the chance of damaging my transmission it should be a choice, just like real life.

As far as your sarcasm, keep it to yourself because it doesn't have anything to do with someone's seriousness or abilities. It's about preference on something that should be an OPTION, not a requirement.

Actually I think it should not be optional, i think it should be the same as the car in real life. If the real life car has it then we should have it in the game. Put it this way, this game does not simulate the team that builds a car, it simulates you as a race driver driving for a team. You get the car the team gives you and the engineer has been kind enough to recognise your experience in tuning and allows you to contribute to the setup on the car if you choose. He isn't going to let you change the design of the car to disable a feature the car has always run and never run without before you joined the team.

Zenzic
12-10-2017, 20:57
At a guess I think you have head shake turned on in the camera options and the game is simulating a vibration. I know even before the patch when my tyres were worn I would get a high frequency FFB vibration that I thought could damage my G29 wheel. I'm not sure if it still does it after the patch as I did not get to play the game much yesterday.

That's not it, I'm afraid. It gets progressively worse as I go through the track and then disappears by the time I get on the Nurburgring GP straight. It's like that every lap, and the vibration is also present when I'm stationary. See clip below. I'm using cockpit view, not helmet view.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-0_d5LhXr4o

And here's a clip of the end of that same lap, at the start/finish straight. As you can see there's no vibration noticeable there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTz_1KEwGCA

Civic
12-10-2017, 21:08
Oh. The video definitely helps. The car might have early onset Parkinson's.

bcruise
12-10-2017, 21:15
Skip to end bug still happened for me just now.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL93PKPVAAA1vRO.jpg

The qual session time I set was absurdly long, but the bug is the same - skips a sector split and records the time without it.

I've done several quals and races of various lengths since the patch (some even longer than this one) and this is only the first time it triggered.

porkovich
12-10-2017, 21:49
I experience many of the bug i first mention with the day one patch. The most frustrating is with the fact that the ffb for muy t300 is a completely new feeling. I spent more than 20 hours tweeking with patch 1.03 and now i am at the beginning.

MillsLayne
12-10-2017, 21:55
^Nah, that dude's just really fast.

Gr8_Lakes
12-10-2017, 22:21
Is the overall sound volume being too low a known issue for PS4. Even post 2.0 patch, all PS4 users I've spoken to wish to have more volume. Maxed out volume is too quiet. Can we get the sound cranked up a few notches in the next patch?

SaskRacer
12-10-2017, 23:07
Hopefully this bug goes away once the update is done, but after starting the patch download, I cannot make any set up changes. I wanted to change the fuel level in a vehicle to run a longer race than I ran last time, but when I try to save it just sends me on an endless loop. I tried taking a different car to a different track, but as it always has, it transfers the set up from the last car I used to the next car I choose. But, unlike before, I can't reset the setup to default and re start with a proper base set up. One time I thought I had managed to reset the setup and get a full tank of fuel again, but when I got on track, the fuel level was the same as before. It turned out that while it said the setup had reset to the proper default for that car/track, the setup was actually still the one from the last car/track I drove.

Sessionerror
13-10-2017, 04:50
Multiplayer session length still can't be set to more than 02:20 after patch 2.0: http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54506-Multiplayer-session-length-can-t-be-set-to-more-than-2h-20-minutes

catmageddon
13-10-2017, 06:23
The AI is much improved, but most AI cars still run out of fuel/retire at Le Mans when running a full 24 hour race. Can this be looked at?

Jbpd
13-10-2017, 06:38
In free practice mode at Lydon hill the tree tops are missing at I just see blue blokes instead

In helmet cam

Litusgaga
13-10-2017, 06:46
Yesterday I entered into a multiplayer session in Zolder and after qualifying we were about to start the race...but the starting lights didn't appear. We waited for some minutes trying not to move but nothing happened.

Sorry if that was already pointed out.

RaceFace85
13-10-2017, 07:29
Not a bug but a feature request:

We need the function to use the TH8A as a handbrake.
It should be easy to fix this. The only problem is that it is asigned as R1 and L1.
You can let it fixed as R1 and L1 if connected directly to the wheel but when we connect it to the USB port it should not be R1 and L1.

Djuvinile
13-10-2017, 07:54
Not a bug but a feature request:

We need the function to use the TH8A as a handbrake.
It should be easy to fix this. The only problem is that it is asigned as R1 and L1.
You can let it fixed as R1 and L1 if connected directly to the wheel but when we connect it to the USB port it should not be R1 and L1.

Yes, this would be awesome, wrong thread though.

maxx69
13-10-2017, 07:57
Did some testing for a Ford Fusion race tomorrow night on Daytona oval .
2-3 laps in the fusion and engine damage creeps up .
Using loose and stable setups for oval racing , opened radiator to 100% , not red lining , changed gear 4 times (nice and easy )
It doesn't seem the mechanical damage is correct still ....another race with mechanical damage off :(

senna94f1
13-10-2017, 08:34

My dashboard app worked as soon as Pcars 2 patch update came live,

The app actually works even quicker then Pcars 1 ,

Well done SMS for the hard work in producing our new patch 2.0 and long my it continue.

JimmyBeez
13-10-2017, 09:24

Congatulations on the most condescending reponse I've seen on here, which is saying something. You don't have a problem with it? Well good or you. I have a problem with implementing a system that doesn't work (see multiple posts on here from devs saying it will be "fine tuned" in a upcoming patch) and hinders one of the most important aspects of driving a car. I am slightly dumb founded that the people who make the decisions at SMS thought rather than spend time on bugs that completely ruin gameplay (see 90% of posts if you are unsure what I mean) and would implement a system that is unfinished, flawed and was never asked for. But I guess for the marketing guys to be able to say that Project Cars is at least as or more realisic than Assetto Corsa is more important than a polished product.

Sankyo
13-10-2017, 09:55
can anyone help

Could you post pictures or a video? We need more info about what's happening.

johnnieshere
13-10-2017, 10:40
Not a bug but when I decide to race in rallycross it automatically sets my opponents down to 5 and disables practice and qualifying. When i go back to any other type of racing I have to go in and manually configure my session and opponent settings. Any way these can be remembered when you change back?

Paulpg87
13-10-2017, 10:59
Formula C tyre temperature issue still not sorted.
Ginetta GT5 however seems to be fine even on slicks in winter. Still to be checked in career mode.

Civic
13-10-2017, 11:09
There are still audio glitches in the BMW M6 GT3.

OilerPete
13-10-2017, 11:32
Reported this a while ago...actually the wipers act as if they are working,they're just not moving (when you try and turn them on they go to the fast directly meaning they were working at normal speed before)

Thanks for the response Konan - now that you mention it, that is what happened. I'm glad it's already known and hopefully in the process of being resolved.

Civic
13-10-2017, 12:40
When saving setups if I select to save over existing save it does not save and does not apply the changes.

The work around is to select create a new save and then select the existing save I modified from the list of saves and then after I confirm the name and save it does apply the changes,

I hope I have explained that clearly.

Dev Nibor
13-10-2017, 13:49
I use a numerical keypad for my buttonbox, the problem is when I assign key 8 to "seat forward" it is also automatically binding itself to "view up". In my key binding I can confirm I have nothing bound to the "view up command".
So basically every time I wanna move my seat forward, I'm also viewing up :eek:. Same goes for key 2 bound to "seat backward" and "view down".

Exoil
13-10-2017, 13:55
As a Finn who has done some ice lake rally cross too and drive a normal road car in the snow most winters I don't completely agree with you. I suspect you are simply not looking at the speeds you are doing in the game. It's easy to say "but it's easier in real life".. well in real life you have more intuitive check on the speed you are doing and you have incentive not to crash (thus not pushing the limit as eagerly).

Looking at the actual speeds for cornering I'd say pCars 2 ice and snow seems to be pretty accurate.. or at the very least, in the vicinity of realism. :)

In real life my cornering speed differs from 20 to 60km/h. In PCars 2 I can run Mercedes ice track at no more than 20-30km/h without understeering out of the track. I wouldn't say I'm even able to push to the limit in the game yet, but hey, at least it got a bit better.

vwpolo
13-10-2017, 16:05
- visual damage of car is not resetting when You restart race or play replay (If You damage car, it's damaged on start in replay or after restarting session) - OK THIS ISSUE IS FIXED! but, i had situation in replay mode my car was magically partly repaired (i've lost front bumper during race and suddenly it appeared on my car undamaged in the middle of replay, that was very odd)
- dirt on cars is resetting when "it's full"
- sometimes engine sound is missing
- sometimes visual weather bugs - flashing sky etc.

Yes in replay I have the same issue: the car is magically repaired after a while. so it starts ok, it looses some pieces, then it's recovered all of a sudden

Zenzic
13-10-2017, 16:12
I have "circle" mapped to switching camera views. If I press options during a race and then press circle to back out of the menu, it seems to send a double input: the menu disappears again and my camera switches to the next view.

PHfactor88
13-10-2017, 16:24
I’m not sure I’ve seen this bug/glitch posted anywhere... and keep in mind that it isn't game breaking by any means.

The scoring pylon at Indianapolis looks awful still. I’d post a screen shot, but am at work right now. It seems the artwork/graphics has been “tiled” on the pylon instead of actually fitting it. Does anyone know if the devs planned for it to look like this?

Also, there are random letters on the pagoda scoring boards. It seems like they were put there as a test, then never removed or updated.

vwpolo
13-10-2017, 16:45

even in time trial mode, you modify the settings and if you choose the first option "save and replace" it doesn't save at all and nothing changes. the only way is to "save under a different name" using a previous name and explicitly overwrite... pretty annoying this situation ... but that's it.

vwpolo
13-10-2017, 16:52

yes this is very annoying and it happened to me even before this patch. aids are going on or off as they like. when you are on a personalised race they are always on even if try to disable they remain ON. On time trial they are off and if you try to have them On they say they are not available...

I don't know what to think

FramedOne
13-10-2017, 17:01
Patch 2.0 did fix the setup saving issue, but... now it is next to impossible to choose a certain setup from the list. The highlight color is barely visible on the screen.

vwpolo
13-10-2017, 17:06
I have the following question and I don't know if it's OK or Bug...

In Project Cars 1, I was racing against AI in most of the tried circuits at difficulty levels >85% and it was fun as my times were competitive in the qualification with AI.
In Project Cars 2, I am trying to race against AI at 75% and even if I think to have well tuned the car at the best, I get 3-4 seconds from the first AI players.

I am not able to understand if I must tune the car even better or if I have to drive faster even though I feel that I cannot go faster than that or.... it's a bug.... I don't know.

If you want test> try circuit of americas, 75% difficulty opponents, choose Ferrari F50, do the tuning, drive... I can do: 2:06 - 2:07 the AI first place does 2:03.

Any suggestion?

Roger Prynne
13-10-2017, 17:40
80% - pCARS2 is the old 100% - pCARS1

FramedOne
13-10-2017, 18:11
Patch 2.0 did fix the setup saving issue, but... now it is next to impossible to choose a certain setup from the list. The highlight color is barely visible on the screen.

Can you tell which setup is highlighted in the upper and the lower one? Please change the highlight color to some visible one.

The Patch 2.0 did fix most rough issues on PS4, a real improvement. Still have some AA/GFX issues to solve.

Borez
13-10-2017, 18:17
Can't save any new setups at all in career WEC, I just get the profanity warning message.

I can save over an existing setups but I can't create anything new.

lusi
13-10-2017, 18:24
Good afternoon, I consider that the game has great potential, however there are still some things to correct, I'm going to talk about a bug that I have not seen here exposed in the forum. GT3 cars in standard (without setup) have a strange behavior due to the temperature of the tires, and even after a few laps the tires do not rise temperature and the driving is very difficult. Thank you

Civic
13-10-2017, 19:47
80% - pCARS2 is the old 100% - pCARS1

I've done only 2 AI races since 2.0 both at 79%

The first race in the dry I was constantly more than 2 seconds faster than the fastest AI.

The second race in the wet the AI seemed to have magical grip and now they were lapping 5 seconds faster than me in practice, somehow I managed to qualify in 13 but by the 3rd corner of the race I was in 3rd. Then during the race the AI in front of me was originally faster than me and each lap the leader would gain half a second or more but suddenly about half way through the race the rain got a bit heavier and it was like the leaders put their brakes on, I passed them like they were standing still and from that point they dropped off like a brick.

The only difference between the 2 races was the aggression setting. The first race it was default, the second it was at 80 but so far it seems to me the AI is very inconsistent.

Another thing I'd point out is that second race at Silverstone the standing water was ridiculous. Toward the end of the race it became almost impossible to drive slowly down the back straight as every single puddle would shoot the car off in a random direction. I've never experienced anything like that in 25 years of real life driving, it was simply bizarre. The very disappointing thing about that race was that there was never a racing line. In real life in the rain there is a racing line, it is visible, it is a drier line on the track where grip can be found that still exists while it is raining, this doesn't seem to be simulated in PCARS 2. If you are wondering even pre patch I've only had races set to realistic progression. This is one of my biggest disappointments in the game, even visually it isn't immersive because the track has not yet looked realistic in the rain for me.

TheGoodLife
13-10-2017, 20:51
I’m experiencing a really washed out HDR intro and any other “cutscene.” In-game HDR is fine.

Kleo
13-10-2017, 20:52
I'm having Problems with the HUD, will not save my edit, now it just chucks up random stuff as I play along.

I must admit the bugs in this game is starting to get to me now.

Civic
13-10-2017, 21:06
I'm having Problems with the HUD, will not save my edit, now it just chucks up random stuff as I play along.

I must admit the bugs in this game is starting to get tonne now.

Part bug, part bad design

On each HUD screen your right direction toggles a different element based on what HUD screen you are in. In one HUD screen it will toggle the delta bar, in another it will toggle the timing box. The problem is that timing box gets applied to the other HUDs so once toggled it is never what you wanted.

The result is a less than perfect HUD for me because different layouts must be compromised around this issue. Just be sure once you have it where you want it not to press the right direction button.

Also keep in mind that some elements are session specific. They will only appear in a relevant session and not others giving an appearance of being random when they are in fact not random.

Kleo
13-10-2017, 21:17
Part bug, part bad design

On each HUD screen your right direction toggles a different element based on what HUD screen you are in. In one HUD screen it will toggle the delta bar, in another it will toggle the timing box. The problem is that timing box gets applied to the other HUDs so once toggled it is never what you wanted.

The result is a less than perfect HUD for me because different layouts must be compromised around this issue. Just be sure once you have it where you want it not to press the right direction button.

Also keep in mind that some elements are session specific. They will only appear in a relevant session and not others giving an appearance of being random when they are in fact not random.

Thank you with the information!

Problem is even when I turn the HUD off I still have information pop up, never had this problem before. I only changed this cause I couldn't see what flags popped up, so I get a drive through not knowing if to let past the car or not.

I feel this game has been rushed on the console.

Mrocz
13-10-2017, 22:17
Has everyone else noticed big framerate drops on Nurburgring GP and combine versions?

It gets really choppy no matter if we are racing with ai or alone in timetrial. Conditions always clear. It happens in first sector before first apex, and second is in the begining of third sector.

Playing on Stsndard PS4

Civic
13-10-2017, 22:36
Thank you with the information!

Problem is even when I turn the HUD off I still have information pop up, never had this problem before. I only changed this cause I couldn't see what flags popped up, so I get a drive through not knowing if to let past the car or not.

I feel this game has been rushed on the console.

Again this is a design issue. Turning the HUD off sets you to that HUD state, there are 4 HUD states, Full (based on your camera), Light, Telemetry and Off. Off is not off, it is a state of the HUD. When you are in a session you can change the state at any time with the left direction button. In addition this off is not off state of the HUD means you can still display timing information on it if you set that box to be on or select it on with the right direction button.

The bad design doesn't necessarily indicate that the game was rushed. It might simply be a result of bad design choices. Bad design IMO (from what I have seen online in the way people choose to present themselves), are a combination of a not so great design process, WMD with purchased voting rights and a certain level of arrogance and refusal to listen to other input. I recognise that perhaps at this time the high stress of the situation is a contributing factor for the later and I can hope that over time certain people might settle down and be more open to listening to suggestions that might not be in line with their own original thinking. But I also recognise and understand a certain level of annoyance of ignorance combined with information overload at this time leading to misunderstandings.

senna94f1
13-10-2017, 23:08
Hello SMS
Most of the new 2.0 patch for standard ps4 seems to be working but not ffb which was fine until new patch arrived,

My thrustmaster T300RS wheel only now works properly on just one of the 3 flavours, raw hardly any ffb and not touching volume which is set at 100% on all the 3 flavours,
Only flavour which registered on ffb graph is immersive, the other 2 flavours hardly any registered on ffb graph,
Also ffb on immersive it's like 0% to 100% are now backwards,where 100% not ffb registered on graph but a lower % registers more ffb , complete opposite now ,,
I know SMS have put in a lot of hard work for our new patch but didn't someone try ffb on all the 3 flavours before realising patch,

Also a lot of people in last 2 days on the ps4 forums have said its only affecting the thrustmaster T300RS wheel, and after trying this ,it seems to be true,

So question SMS we only have one functioning flavour and other 2 cannot be used, how soon can we expect this to be put right and please not a 3 week wait because everything else is perfect.

gufazi
13-10-2017, 23:11
I still can't make a turn on the Mercedes Proving Ground. Back tires won't save to ice in setups no matter what I do.

Civic
14-10-2017, 00:25
I still can't make a turn on the Mercedes Proving Ground. Back tires won't save to ice in setups no matter what I do.

There is a bug in saves but there is a work around.

BUG: If you try and save over an existing setup by selecting that option it will not save.

But you can create a new save and it will save. So the workaround to save over existing saves is to select create new save but then select the save you wish to save over and don't change the name and this will save over that save.

There are two more bugs you need to be aware of in relation to this.

BUG: Sometimes not all changes save if you make changes to more than one tab. Always go back and check your changes and save again if necessary. It might be best to focus on one tab at a time.

BUG: If you are using a wheel and use the DS4 to create a save the game will disconnect your wheel. The workaround is to never use the DS4 if you are using a racing wheel. This bug has been duplicated by other users on a G29 and might not apply to every wheel on PS4.

gufazi
14-10-2017, 01:55
There is a bug in saves but there is a work around.

BUG: If you try and save over an existing setup by selecting that option it will not save.

But you can create a new save and it will save. So the workaround to save over existing saves is to select create new save but then select the save you wish to save over and don't change the name and this will save over that save.

There are two more bugs you need to be aware of in relation to this.

BUG: Sometimes not all changes save if you make changes to more than one tab. Always go back and check your changes and save again if necessary. It might be best to focus on one tab at a time.

BUG: If you are using a wheel and use the DS4 to create a save the game will disconnect your wheel. The workaround is to never use the DS4 if you are using a racing wheel. This bug has been duplicated by other users on a G29 and might not apply to every wheel on PS4.

WOW. Thank you for such an in-depth response. I will try in the morning. So even the bugs have bugs... amazing!

slowGamer
14-10-2017, 02:11
Another thing I'd point out is that second race at Silverstone the standing water was ridiculous. Toward the end of the race it became almost impossible to drive slowly down the back straight as every single puddle would shoot the car off in a random direction. I've never experienced anything like that in 25 years of real life driving, it was simply bizarre. The very disappointing thing about that race was that there was never a racing line. In real life in the rain there is a racing line, it is visible, it is a drier line on the track where grip can be found that still exists while it is raining, this doesn't seem to be simulated in PCARS 2.

I've had the same thing on the Porsche Proving Ground event at Hockenheim, driving a Porche 935 around through deep puddles. I've driven plenty of track days on wet tracks, including the odd puddle, and there is no way a car is displaced laterally that much by a puddle, unless it is very deep.

And on a race track you just don't get enough dept in a puddle to cause that, there isn't enough volume of water to slow the car down as much, unless maybe a puddle on the inside of a cambered corner but that's not what I saw. I saw puddles on straightaway that throw the car around as if driving through a lake!

It's great that SMS is trying to put this in the game, but in its current implementation it's pretty broken. Also the lack of a dry line make it worse. Please fix this, lots of potential here.

slowGamer
14-10-2017, 02:17
WOW. Thank you for such an in-depth response. I will try in the morning. So even the bugs have bugs... amazing!

It's frustrating how this game is so amateurish at saving the most basic player data. Is it that hard to save a setup? I do a little bit of coding myself and I can only imagine what horrors are going on in their code if they struggle to save a setup and retrieve it reliably.

TheGoodLife
14-10-2017, 04:13

Yeah, I’m on PS4 Pro with HDR, so I thought it might be exclusive to that — I guess not. Finger’s crossed for fix.

Bensko
14-10-2017, 07:32
Lol, is there a highlight color? Didnt notice that. This bug is very annoying, especially with multiple setups.

Ciccina2016
14-10-2017, 08:33
I believe this is a bug but please if anyone can test it would be great.. and this is to do with physics unfortunately.

Circuit Silverstone GP
Season Autumn
Car 2012 BMW 320 TC (E90)
No assist

The car in cold conditions is simply undriveable due to tyre not be able to get into temperature.
I tried all possible setup tunings to heat the tyres but with no success.
If I switch to Summer Season the car is really enjoyable.

I think it does not make any sense this.

The following thread has been created and other players who tested the scenario are struggling as well with the PC Version

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55174-Setup-for-2012-BMW-320-TC-(E90)-at-Silverstone-(autumn-season)

Clmntm
14-10-2017, 09:15
Hi, since the patch 2.0 I can't save my setting of my car when I change something when I wan't to go back to the pit box menu. It make me a message "warning: insult detected" when I wan't to change the name of the setting. Can someone help me?
Thanks

Excuse me if my English is not very well I'm French :P

FramedOne
14-10-2017, 10:13
Lol, is there a highlight color? Didnt notice that. This bug is very annoying, especially with multiple setups.

Yes there is but just barely. The more setups you have the more difficult it gets to select the right setup. You can hear and count the audible clicks.

hossa
14-10-2017, 10:56
Career --> Sports car championship --> round 2: Dubai with Ferrari GT3

I set up a pit strategy for rain tyres after starting on slicks (no fuel, no reapair - only wet tyres)
After about 12min, the manager tells me to get my wets - so I do.
I'm even awared a trophy for setting a pit strategy prior to the race as you can see here:

However, after 5 seconds of waiting (the crew even moved and you could hear some drill sounds) I continue racing with the stock slicks that I started off with.

I restarted the race (22 minutes!) 3 more times, drove with the default strategy, no strategy, auto tyres but I NEVER got rain tyres no matter what I tried.

How can you fix this!?!?!?!?!?

Konan
14-10-2017, 11:32
It's frustrating how this game is so amateurish at saving the most basic player data. Is it that hard to save a setup? I do a little bit of coding myself and I can only imagine what horrors are going on in their code if they struggle to save a setup and retrieve it reliably.

I suggest you don't take this thread in the direction you are aiming it to with that comment...

Zenzic
14-10-2017, 11:39
Has everyone else noticed big framerate drops on Nurburgring GP and combine versions?

It gets really choppy no matter if we are racing with ai or alone in timetrial. Conditions always clear. It happens in first sector before first apex, and second is in the begining of third sector.

Playing on Stsndard PS4

Same here. My game stutters coming up to turn 11 on the GP circuit and then again around the first left turn after coming onto the Nordschleife.

WorthAbuy
14-10-2017, 11:56
I am finding some really strange decisions made in PAtch 2.0 on PS4. There is no tire wear at all in the whole career. I have checked my setting and tried multiple races. NO WEAR AT ALL. I googled this problem and it seems only the PS4 version has this problem.

This in addition to Snow being removed in Career mode as well. I am really confused as to who thought any of this was a good idea.

senna94f1
14-10-2017, 12:03
Hiya ,
again I tried ffb today on standard ps4 using thrustmaster T300RS wheel,

It's definitely there again,sorry (gain ) and not volume stays at 100%
Gain 100%
Volume 22%
Tone 50%
Fx 15% = the lower this is the more ffb on ffb graph shows up
Menu Spring now at 80%
The flavour is Informative which seems to be only one that's working on ffb graph
The other 2 flavours hardly any or no ffb showing on ffb graph,

Sorry I got myself mixed up in previous posts this morning,

I know you guys and ladies do a great job but is there a work around for this or just wait ,
What I've also noticed is the more temps that goes into the tyres the more the ffb shows in the graph,

Icecream-Inc
14-10-2017, 12:45
theres a thread about this already here in ps4 forum.. and no they havent removed tyre wear..
some people are experiencing this bug.. and others are not
tyres wear normally for me in career mode and im a ps4 user.

marcel171281
14-10-2017, 13:06
Career --> Sports car championship --> round 2: Dubai with Ferrari GT3

I set up a pit strategy for rain tyres after starting on slicks (no fuel, no reapair - only wet tyres)
After about 12min, the manager tells me to get my wets - so I do.
I'm even awared a trophy for setting a pit strategy prior to the race as you can see here:

However, after 5 seconds of waiting (the crew even moved and you could hear some drill sounds) I continue racing with the stock slicks that I started off with.

I restarted the race (22 minutes!) 3 more times, drove with the default strategy, no strategy, auto tyres but I NEVER got rain tyres no matter what I tried.

How can you fix this!?!?!?!?!?

After you created a pitstrategy, you have to select it in order to activate it (can be in menu prior to the race, or in ICM during the race). If you don't, the default pit strategy remains active.

Roger Prynne
14-10-2017, 13:28
Hiya ,
again I tried ffb today on standard ps4 using thrustmaster T300RS wheel,

It's definitely there again,sorry (gain ) and not volume stays at 100%
Gain 100%
Volume 22%
Tone 50%
Fx 15% = the lower this is the more ffb on ffb graph shows up
Menu Spring now at 80%
The flavour is Informative which seems to be only one that's working on ffb graph
The other 2 flavours hardly any or no ffb showing on ffb graph,

Sorry I got myself mixed up in previous posts this morning,

I know you guys and ladies do a great job but is there a work around for this or just wait ,
What I've also noticed is the more temps that goes into the tyres the more the ffb shows in the graph,

Well yeah of course it does as the hotter they get the more friction there is.

hossa
14-10-2017, 13:33
After you created a pitstrategy, you have to select it in order to activate it (can be in menu prior to the race, or in ICM during the race). If you don't, the default pit strategy remains active.

I did activate it. (that's why I earned the trophy - and also to show that my strategy was active)

Still: what about any default strategy? Shouldn't the tyres be changed automatically when it rains (and the manager calls me to the box)?

@Roger: can't you help me out since you liked the post above?

johnnyhotrocks
14-10-2017, 16:04
Becoming so friggin annoying when you finish a race and it still freezes / crashes during the next loading sequence after the results page at the end of the race.
And the game still sticks you at the back of the grid despite having pole forcing you to restart to get the proper grid positions, happens far too often :(

Also what's the point of grid positions when the AI cars cheat you out of them in a rolling start?
Lost count how many times the AI drivers have stolen your grid position....your in a controlled 75mph rolling start and yet 1 or 2 cars get themselves in front of you and keep the place.....not a big deal as easily caught again but so friggin annoying.

New bug i came across today....pit stop and the car just plows through the pit crew even though slowed down and pulled up to them as normal and it didnt class as a pit stop so forced to do a restart......done countless pits over past week or so and never happened until now after the patch :(

yosri
14-10-2017, 19:47
Two things I noticed:

- In a Porsche LeMans-type car, while stopped and brakes applied, when I turn my force-feedback wheel and then release it, it re-centers itself. Obviously this doesn't make any sense in a real car, and it makes me question things. I hope this is just a bug that will be addressed.
- I appreciate that the effect of driving through puddles was modeled, but the effect seems exaggerated to me. Cars wildly loose control when you hit one them, making it more frustrating than exciting; even worse, AI seems to be totally unaffected by going through puddles. My gripe against the first Project Cars was how AI seemed to have an upper-hand when it came to handling, and now I wonder if they have this same advantage in Project Cars 2.

azzamann79
14-10-2017, 19:49
Apologies if this has been posted somewhere else. Both the Indycar oval version and Stockcar (Ford fusion) have a significant pull to the left. It is not the analogue stick on my controller as testing on other cars I do not experience this. I tried adding some dead zone in my controller settings but this did not work. I have to keep applying a bit of right steering to keep it straight on the ovals with longer straights like Daytona. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

FramedOne
14-10-2017, 20:25
Setups still buggy.

Noticed that my setup was not saving properly if I have two or more custom setups for the track/car. Can anyone else reproduce this:
- Create two custom setups
- Load one of your custom setups
- Try to change a setting like rear downforce
- Save over existing setup slot
- Your can check that the change you made is still valid by choosing 'Edit setup'
- Go to track
- Return to pit box (from pause menu)
- Check setup (this should have now reverted to the old value before the change)

Tried two different GT3's at COTA (Quick play - Private testing)

OpenRoad
14-10-2017, 20:34
Since 2.0 my G29 paddle shifter down gear seems to miss an input, usually the first shift down. This does it throughout the race, after shifting back up the next downshift does not register. Paddle works fine in the menus as well as when I played the GT Spor Demo.

hossa
14-10-2017, 20:40
Since 2.0 my G29 paddle shifter down gear seems to miss an input, usually the first shift down. This does it throughout the race, after shifting back up the next downshift does not register. Paddle works fine in the menus as well as when I played the GT Spor Demo.

Same with me: I just started european touring car championship with mercedes and shifting down from 3 to 2 didn't work in about 80% of shifts. I tried when on throttle, brakes or nothing but nothing helped and I can't find an explanation for it. No matter how fast / slowly / forcefully I pressed the shifter from my G29 (which is btw brand new and works with 5 other racing games I have atm).

this definitely is a new bug since 2.0 and it is mentioned various times in this thread so i don't think it can be explained with this weird security protection thing from PC..

Roger Prynne
14-10-2017, 20:43
^^ http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?51478-Please-SMS-please-let-us-disable-downshift-protection

Azcat88
14-10-2017, 23:10
Setups still buggy.

Noticed that my setup was not saving properly if I have two or more custom setups for the track/car. Can anyone else reproduce this:
- Create two custom setups
- Load one of your custom setups
- Try to change a setting like rear downforce
- Save over existing setup slot
- Your can check that the change you made is still valid by choosing 'Edit setup'
- Go to track
- Return to pit box (from pause menu)
- Check setup (this should have now reverted to the old value before the change)

Tried two different GT3's at COTA (Quick play - Private testing)

I have the same issue. Frustrating trying to play the game when it is dependent on tweaking setups.

Anyone have an estimates time til next patch?

maxx69
14-10-2017, 23:32
Apologies if this has been posted somewhere else. Both the Indycar oval version and Stockcar (Ford fusion) have a significant pull to the left. It is not the analogue stick on my controller as testing on other cars I do not experience this. I tried adding some dead zone in my controller settings but this did not work. I have to keep applying a bit of right steering to keep it straight on the ovals with longer straights like Daytona. Not sure if this is a bug or not.

It's the way the car is set up for oval racing ...
Above comment forgot to add quote

Rallylee
15-10-2017, 00:37
I have a bug relating to patch 2.0 im not able to down shift using sequential (th8a or paddles) without the rpm dropping below 5,000. I was playing on the previous patch 10 minutes before and it was fine so it's definitely 2.0
I can't blip the throttle and downshift because the rpm is to high and if i dont blip the throttle i lock the rear tyres. It's definitely a game breaking bug.

Roger Prynne
15-10-2017, 00:48
^ That's the 'Downshift Protection' working.

slowGamer
15-10-2017, 02:32
I suggest you don't take this thread in the direction you are aiming it to with that comment...

I can only hope it won't take 4 patches for us to save setups. It should not be this hard. That's not being unconstructive, that's saying how it is!

slowGamer
15-10-2017, 02:41
Ps4 questions
1) where do I see the ping to a server before joining? Apologies if I'm blind.
2) Is there a way to filter server by region/continent?
I'm getting so much lag as result of not having the above, it's nigh unplayable online

SimplyDaveC
15-10-2017, 04:28
Car setups don't seem to be saving, every time I make a set up and go to the track and do a couple laps and then I'll go back to the pits it seems like the setup resets itself to the previous setup that was there instead of the recent adjustments I've made

lucas_mon
15-10-2017, 05:04
Hello
Today I was seting my car and realised that the car was the same. So I checked and the setup wasnt' saving. You aren't be able to overwrite in the same slot. The only way is by choosing to create a new one and then overwrite the slot. I made a video with this problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gz-mIbQfpPY

Another problem is when you change the HUD. Sometimes it doesn't save either. The mirror, for exemple: if you turn it on, but change to telemetry, the mirror disappear.

Please, check these issues.
Thanks

azzamann79
15-10-2017, 06:08
Ginetta GT5 british championship. Brands hatch gp rain race. Tried wet tyres had no grip. Restarted the race with slicks in the wet stomped all over the ai.

simini76
15-10-2017, 07:22
UPDATING:
(PS4 PRO)
graphics doesn't improve
anti aliasing filter problem
backgroud pop-up problem
real mirror...unwatchable
tank/liters "how many laps"?
FFB FX too low on curbs and road vibration
Multiple setup saving problem
Sometimes in box, T300 start to rotate full right or left out of control
On Line Mode... list starting races first (i don't need to know races "15 laps left")