PDA

View Full Version : (ICM menu) In car management changes.

ProDriver
11-10-2017, 13:44
Yesterday I posted a new thread that could be so difficult to implement in the game:

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?54929-Pitstops-more-automatic-please!!!

But today I come back with a new and fresh idea which could be more easy to insert in the game in order to have a better and quickly experience with the "in car management" menu.

http://i63.tinypic.com/15gpdgz.jpg

It is based on the F1 2017 menu and as you can see, if you map a button, EG: X button, when you press the X button, you start the In car management (ICM) menu with the first screen which would be Basic adjustments, you can move in that screen using de cursor arrows (or another customised mapping) or you can jump to the second screen which would be Race strategy, like before, you can move in that screen using the cursor arrows (or another customised mapping) or you can jump to the third screen which would be Car management , like before, you can move in that screen using the cursor arrows (or another customised mapping) or you can jump to the end of that menu which close the hole menu cleaning the in game screen of that info.

In the current ICM menu, you need to press 9 times some buttons to activate the wing damage option, furthermore is not so intuitive and you need to look carefully each options because it entry you tu a submenu.

With my proposal menu, you need to press ONLY 6 time some buttons to activate the wing damage option, furthermore is more intuitive and you can learn it mentally.

Please SMS look into this topic.

Sankyo
11-10-2017, 13:48
Have you tested ICM with patch 2.0?

• Fixes and improvements to ICM appearance and functionality.

ProDriver
11-10-2017, 14:48
Have you tested ICM with patch 2.0?

Yes, and here you have the results:

https://youtu.be/fAwe0ZZIR-o

In our league we are thinking to avoid to use the ICM menu during the race, and use it only when you are in front of your mechanics because is a little bit difficult for the vast majority of us touching when racing:

https://youtu.be/fAwe0ZZIR-o?t=8m29s

JohnSchoonsBeard
11-10-2017, 18:01
Yes, and here you have the results:

https://youtu.be/fAwe0ZZIR-o

In our league we are thinking to avoid to use the ICM menu during the race, and use it only when you are in front of your mechanics because is a little bit difficult for the vast majority of us touching when racing:

https://youtu.be/fAwe0ZZIR-o?t=8m29s

Practice, practice, practice with it until it is second nature.

ProDriver
11-10-2017, 19:05
Practice, practice, practice with it until it is second nature.

Are you kiding me??? I mean, it is almost imposible to use that menu without looking at it as it. If you can do it, please show me in a Youtube video, in Sakitto, raining, broke the wing and entry to pit to change tyres and repair the wing damage without had done previously.

eracerhead
11-10-2017, 19:23
Someone started a very good thread last week on how to control it using VoiceAttack, and I mentioned in that thread that you can script a lot of the functions via Pinnacle Profiler.

ProDriver
11-10-2017, 19:34
Someone started a very good thread last week on how to control it using VoiceAttack, and I mentioned in that thread that you can script a lot of the functions via Pinnacle Profiler.

:( Not in Ps4... That is the matter on this topic in the Ps4 threat.

ant1897
17-10-2017, 13:56
Guys, the menu is pretty simple, and after using it a few times you can pretty much memorize where everything is. Make sure you have strategies pre-programmed for the most common situations, and go from there. Make all your changes on the main straight if you have too.. its not that hard.

Gix916
17-10-2017, 14:22
the main problem with it is that it times out too quickly and if you are using a wheel lined up with the ingame wheel then you can't see most of the ICM without physically shifting over and peering round the edge of the wheel..

Neil Bateman
17-10-2017, 14:28
the main problem with it is that it times out too quickly and if you are using a wheel lined up with the ingame wheel then you can't see most of the ICM without physically shifting over and peering round the edge of the wheel..

I find this sometimes, your going through the menu and you then need to react to something on track and by the time your ready to go back to the menu its gone and you have to start over. A few seconds longer before it disappears would be good, or the option to have turn it on and off yourself

Gix916
17-10-2017, 22:42
Guys, the menu is pretty simple, and after using it a few times you can pretty much memorize where everything is. Make sure you have strategies pre-programmed for the most common situations, and go from there. Make all your changes on the main straight if you have too.. its not that hard.

try changing your strategy at Knockhill or Brands Indy while using a manual gear shifter and see if the menu is simple then....

speedy23
19-10-2017, 06:59
I think it would be useful to change values with wide ranges, such as TC having 100 clicks, holding down the button rather than having to press for example 50 times to go from 0.50 to 1.00

ProDriver
19-10-2017, 07:35
I think it would be useful to change values with wide ranges, such as TC having 100 clicks, holding down the button rather than having to press for example 50 times to go from 0.50 to 1.00

Of course yes!!!

Holding down maybe should go from 1 to 1 till you arrive at ten, and then pass from 10 to 10, finally if you need to go to an unit press one by one for going 1 to 1 again in that kind of data in which you have an wide range of them.

EG, if you are in fuel ICM menu in data 24 and you want to arrive till 68, you hold down right cursor and start changing: 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 40, 50, 60, 70, then you press to the left cursor two times and that changes: 69, 68 (your final selection).

ProDriver
24-10-2017, 14:17
Here you have a friend of mine with that kind of problems...

As you can see in the video below, previously to the race, he created a lot of strategies and select the optimun one for the pitstop.

https://youtu.be/nc4g_r5dQJo?t=17m46s

But, the problem was that in the first lap, other driver crashed into him in the corkscrew so, he suddently has to pit in the first lap.

https://youtu.be/nc4g_r5dQJo?t=20m19s

Yes, I know that maybe he wasn't get used enough to handle the ICM menu, but IMO waste 40 seconds before to pitstop in order to do a propper pitstop it ruins completely his race, and the fun for all the grid.

maxx69
24-10-2017, 16:39
ICM is way over complicated to play with on the fly , especially while navigating smaller tracks and racing through traffic.
It's all very good saying to practice but you still need to look at it and while you're practicing your dangerous to all other traffic around you and yourself , add to that the idea you could be struggling with a damaged car .
Seems there's an opening for someone smart to design a third party app with voice recognition.

ProDriver
26-10-2017, 06:53
Yep, it would be awesome if we had an app to control the ICM with voice recognition as well.

Some way to improve that poor ICM menu is well received, at least for me, because I usually play races in a league (FA4RACERS) in which the race time is always more than an hour time and with full damage, therefore we must pit at least one time in every race we race.

cercata
02-11-2017, 10:13
The menu is unsusable most of the times !!!!
We need voice commands !!!!!

cercata
02-11-2017, 10:17
Seems there's an opening for someone smart to design a third party app with voice recognition.
Almost imposible ... yo need to map Xinputs into the wheel driver ... because the game doesn't support 2 definitions for an action, Key and wheel.

And if you map the DPad to keys, you can't rotate the HUD anymore with the wheel.

You can make Xinput driver to simulate a new device, but injecting an actual device and fool him, and make it work for every wheel, wow !!!
And even if it works, you're hacking a driver ... recipe for inestability.

This game needs voice commands

belaki
04-11-2017, 15:59

ProDriver
05-11-2017, 22:11
Almost imposible ... yo need to map Xinputs into the wheel driver ... because the game doesn't support 2 definitions for an action, Key and wheel.

And if you map the DPad to keys, you can't rotate the HUD anymore with the wheel.

You can make Xinput driver to simulate a new device, but injecting an actual device and fool him, and make it work for every wheel, wow !!!
And even if it works, you're hacking a driver ... recipe for inestability.

This game needs voice commands

IMO voice commands would be awesome, but, what happends with races with audio chats like Team Speak, Discord or partys in PSN? For that reason, I think that it would be better a better and memorable ICM menu, a smart one.
All people in the forums which I follow complains about that menu and the difficulty to use it during races, one post was so significant, a driver could not use ICM menu in ovals with warranties. I wonder if is difficult to use it in an oval which is the easiest way to use it, whats about to use ICM in Azzure Coast (Monaco) :)???

Lord of the Racing
05-11-2017, 22:20
I agree with you

JohnSchoonsBeard
07-11-2017, 16:47
ICM is way over complicated to play with on the fly , especially while navigating smaller tracks and racing through traffic.
It's all very good saying to practice but you still need to look at it and while you're practicing your dangerous to all other traffic around you and yourself , add to that the idea you could be struggling with a damaged car .

When i said practice, practice, practice I did mean in the private testing section rather than in an online race. Indeed that would be risky for others. Private race and practice pitting every other lap with pit instructions each time you are preparing to pit.

I think timeout options for the menu would be a good idea. Either no timeout, slow or fast.

ProDriver
07-11-2017, 22:33
When i said practice, practice, practice I did mean in the private testing section rather than in an online race. Indeed that would be risky for others. Private race and practice pitting every other lap with pit instructions each time you are preparing to pit.

I think timeout options for the menu would be a good idea. Either no timeout, slow or fast.

Please post a video in Monaco in which you change three stufs of the ICM on the fly without crash and maintain the rhythm.
I want to see someone who is good on that issue.

JohnSchoonsBeard
08-11-2017, 00:27
Please post a video in Monaco in which you change three stufs of the ICM on the fly without crash and maintain the rhythm.
I want to see someone who is good on that issue.

Sorry, no. Do it yourself. I'm in bed.

STAATSFEIMD_NR1
08-11-2017, 01:23
Sorry, no. Do it yourself. I'm in bed.

Stupid Answer! Really Stupid!.....

JohnSchoonsBeard
08-11-2017, 17:10
Stupid Answer! Really Stupid!.....

I'm not his personal Project Cars tester. I was trying to help earlier. No need to be rude. We try to respect each other on here.

Lord of the Racing
09-11-2017, 06:44
I agree with you that with practice you can learn how to do the basilar actions let me say more instincively (and I already do it) but at the same time you should admit that also if you improve it, during a concitated moment of a race, you will be able to call the pit stop or at max adjust the brake setting but not more as you do not have the time to look at the screen.
But do not misunderstand me: all in all I find this solution is good. May be it need only some improvement to make it a little more user friendly.

Masterplan
10-11-2017, 07:38
The ICM is truly stupid. At least in singleplayer one should be able to pause the game and make the changes.

ProDriver
10-11-2017, 09:01
@Remco Van Dijk @Roger Prynne Will you do some progression about this issue???

ProDriver
01-12-2017, 08:26
@Ian Bell.

Will you change de ICM menu in the future to do it more friendly??? I know a lot of drivers who cant manage the ICM when they are racing, therefore, the ICM menu do not achieve for what was created for.

Thank you for your response