PDA

View Full Version : Loose vs. Stable Setup

klysm
11-10-2017, 16:52
Can somone explan what are the major differences between loosse and stable setup?

Sorry if it has already been answered

dault3883
11-10-2017, 16:57
easiest way to explain it is say you are going to be going around indy with a indy car. With a loose set up the back slides a little coming off the corners but with a stable setup there is less of a slide and more of a gradual push off the corner

klysm
11-10-2017, 16:58
Thank you.
Then loose means literally loose ;)

dault3883
11-10-2017, 17:04
Thank you.
Then loose means literally loose ;)

not entirely its not like its "wrecking loose" its just slightly loose its hard to explain best advice i could give is go around indy with the indy car in both loose setup and stable set up and see which you like. but keep in mind i like stable at indy but tend to like loose on road courses so your preference between loose and stable in my opinion will differ depending what track you are running at

wicker man
11-10-2017, 18:06
Maybe a stupid question but we're do you change it

dault3883
11-10-2017, 18:08
Maybe a stupid question but we're do you change it

in the setup area they are default set ups so you just load up the set ups they have a loose and stable setups for daytona, ovals, and road courses so 6 default setups are available

wicker man
11-10-2017, 18:13
Thank you

breyzipp
11-10-2017, 19:26
How exactly do you load these? When I go to load setup I get the following screen but I cannot seem to be able to navigate to them and load them. I can swap between the titles of TRACKS and SETUPS but I cannot drop down under setups to load one.

dault3883
11-10-2017, 19:39
trying my test at indy will not work right now because of a bug that came with the new patch the car is WRECKING loose in the corners and the straights doesnt matter if you have the stable or the loose oval setup

monz
11-10-2017, 19:48
trying my test at indy will not work right now because of a bug that came with the new patch the car is WRECKING loose in the corners and the straights doesnt matter if you have the stable or the loose oval setup

Can u try putting wets on your car and see how your car behaves? Just sure this problem is what is happening in my career...do u wreck with wets?

dault3883
11-10-2017, 19:51
Can u try putting wets on your car and see how your car behaves? Just sure this problem is what is happening in my career...do u wreck with wets?

its a problem with the patch because it was fine yesterday and i ran it today same as i did yesterday including pit stratagey, tire and setup same except now its like its possessed

Zenzic
11-10-2017, 19:57
How exactly do you load these? When I go to load setup I get the following screen but I cannot seem to be able to navigate to them and load them. I can swap between the titles of TRACKS and SETUPS but I cannot drop down under setups to load one.

Have you managed to figure this out yet? Normally you should in fact be able to press right then down to select one of the setups. The "tracks" part looks a bit strange. On my screen there's two categories: the name of the track I'm currently on (probably because I've already created a custom setup) and something along the lines of "all tracks". Maybe you could try and create a custom setup first, save that one and then come back to the "load setups" screen to see if you can select an SMS setup then?

CodeCmdr
11-10-2017, 20:17
Anyone on PS4 able to select the loose setup? In the "load setup" interface, I see stable and loose in the selection table on the right side of the screen, but I can only load the stable one. The selection table doesn't let me navigate around and select a specific item. :mad:

breyzipp
11-10-2017, 21:38
^^ to answer you both :

@Zenzic no I did not get it to work yet. I pressed right so the selection swapped from tracks to setups. But then pressing down does nothing (i tried D-pad down, left stick and right stick, none worked). So I cannot select any of the setups.

@CodeCmdr Seems we have a similar problem but I can't even select the stable one, in my case the title "SETUP" is highlighted. I can toggle between TRACKS <=> SETUPS (the blue highlight changes) but I cannot drop down under SETUPS to select the loose or stable setup.

torsteinvh
12-10-2017, 00:01
I discovered that you can in fact ‘drop down’ and select stable or loose, but the higlighting is so incredibly subtle that it is almost impossible to see... I’m using an HDR TV, by the way. I’m going to turn off HDR tomorrow to see if that helps on the visibility of the highlighting.

Olijke Poffer
12-10-2017, 06:40
Anyone on PS4 able to select the loose setup? In the "load setup" interface, I see stable and loose in the selection table on the right side of the screen, but I can only load the stable one. The selection table doesn't let me navigate around and select a specific item. :mad:
I can choose bot of them.

Kriig
12-10-2017, 07:00

So we got the OEM setup also. Nice. :)

Steve Dean
12-10-2017, 10:03
setup selection seems to be an issue when HDR is enabled with it off they highlight in blue, but with HDR on the background and the highlight colours are a grey colour so its hard to tell what's selected.

HDR OFF

HDR ON

breyzipp
12-10-2017, 10:51
Aah that must be it then, I use HDR as well.

Hope these HDR issues get fixed in the next patch since this seems to start piling up.

breyzipp
12-10-2017, 10:53
So we got the OEM setup also. Nice. :)

Not always I think, on another car I tried the OEM setup wasn’t there. But I’m not sure if it depends on car, track etc. I don’t even remember which the other car was that I used.

Kriig
12-10-2017, 11:31
Ahh.. Ok. So it's probably only for the road cars maybe??
I saw the the different cars loaded with different setups, mostly loose i think.

I'll check in a couple of hours. Thanks breyzipp :)

Bealdor
12-10-2017, 11:47
OEM setups are only available for road cars, yes.

davidt33
13-10-2017, 15:57
Thanks for posting this thread to ask the question. Was wondering about the difference myself and about to ask and a Google search brought me to the thread.
Thanks also to dault3883 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/member.php?146204-dault3883) for your helpful answers.
#2 (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55050-Loose-vs-Stable-Setup&p=1391657&viewfull=1#post1391657)

gwr3850
13-10-2017, 18:39
Can select either setups no problem. Not sure if its me, but with pad, clios around Oulton park. Coming down the avenue onto cascades, or turning into druids, even at the top of clayhill - car is on full throttle at these points so not unbalanced.

Even with stable setup, the back just pulls out on me - private practice sessions btw

RookieRaceline
13-10-2017, 20:28
Are these also available on xbox?
Haven't noticed them there.. actually the times i've looked at the load tune, nothing was there..

bcruise
13-10-2017, 20:43
Are these also available on xbox?
Haven't noticed them there.. actually the times i've looked at the load tune, nothing was there..

They were introduced in the 2.0 patch, which I believe XBOX doesn't have yet.

Civic
13-10-2017, 20:57
People should probably try both setups in each car they want to drive and only use them as a starting point. In a few cars I have tested the loose setup is neither loose or good.

People might have heard the term loose is fast. I don't think that is accurate. Fast is loose but loose isn't always fast. There are a few types of loose setups, slow bad ones that simply get the tail out sometimes loosing forward momentum and various types of fast ones that can be opposites of each other.

The fast ones always give you the ability to assist in turning the car or getting it straight with the pedals and different approaches better suit different car types. Sometimes you want a car to rotate in but straighten out, this type of setup can be preferable in a rear engine Porsche. Other times you might want the car to rotate under power so you can get on the power long before the apex and even as early as turn in. Typically these cars you brake in a straight line and power out while turning. The fastest setups are ones that allow you to use the pedals in the most efficient way, obviously it is faster to be accelerating instead of coasting so if you were coasting in a section of a corner due to the car pushing under acceleration then changing the setup to allow you to accelerate there instead and still make the corner will make you faster. This is the type of setup I think of as a loose setup but often the loose sets in PC2 are not like this and they still drive very tight.

The fastest setup is one that allows you to adjust rotation with both the brake and throttle. It isn't possible in every car but a good combination of suspension settings, brake bias and aero can allow a skilled driver to delicately work the pedals and use less brake and spend more time accelerating and never coast and do all this in a way that also preserves the tyres. F1 cars typically have done this better than other cars because real life F1 cars have the ability to allow settings on the car to actually vary in a predetermined way according to the pedal input.

TheGoodLife
14-10-2017, 04:51
setup selection seems to be an issue when HDR is enabled with it off they highlight in blue, but with HDR on the background and the highlight colours are a grey colour so its hard to tell what's selected.

HDR OFF

HDR ON

Yep, I learned this through testing today.

gwr3850
14-10-2017, 19:56
So frustrated at this right now. Sames happening before patch 2. Astra TCR for example. Going down a straight. Quick brake, down a gear accelerating and turning in. The car drifts - stable setup preset.

Only way it seems managable in the slightest atm is to keep stability control on. But so annoying as this is costing me a huge amount of time on corner exit.

Why is this happening? Anyone else have the same? This and the clio seem the worst!

ermo
14-10-2017, 23:10
So frustrated at this right now. Sames happening before patch 2. Astra TCR for example. Going down a straight. Quick brake, down a gear accelerating and turning in. The car drifts - stable setup preset.

Only way it seems managable in the slightest atm is to keep stability control on. But so annoying as this is costing me a huge amount of time on corner exit.

Why is this happening? Anyone else have the same? This and the clio seem the worst!

Is it completely undrivable on the 'stable' set up?

Keep in mind that an FWD racing car will typically be setup with quite a bit of lift-off oversteer to help the car rotate on corner entry.

gwr3850
15-10-2017, 07:48
I find it that way yes. And this seems be happening on high speed corners. And when I'm already back on the throttle