PDA

View Full Version : After Patch 2.0 the street cones bug wasn't removed (Kart damage)

sisollazzo
11-10-2017, 17:44
The karts get still damaged when you hit street cones.
They lose the wheels!

Alan Dallas
11-10-2017, 17:46
If it's not in the Patch Notes, don't assume it was fixed.

sisollazzo
11-10-2017, 19:59
I hope next time. I want to start at last a career

drathuu
12-10-2017, 09:28
Avoid cones ?

TKMSte66
12-10-2017, 10:17
I race karts and I wouldnt like to hit a cone. It would most probably cause damage.

Boskapongen
12-10-2017, 10:28
I hit one cone on Nords with Ford GT LME, got 18% aero damage in the front.... :victorious:

maxx69
12-10-2017, 10:30
Next time you see a cone give it a good kick and you'll see why they damage your kart .
Avoiding debris left on track from crashes etc adds more realism for me .

Boskapongen
12-10-2017, 10:31
Next time you see a cone give it a good kick and you'll see why they damage your kart .
Avoiding debris left on track from crashes etc adds more realism for me .

I hit a tire barrier with a cart once (IRL), no damage at all on cart.

Boskapongen
12-10-2017, 10:36

It could be here, but no one really knows, do they?

• Optimisations to tracks across the game.

satco1066
12-10-2017, 10:41
I like that "bug".
First time brake markers survive longer than one lap :rugby:

Ensi Ferrum
12-10-2017, 10:42
The cones are still there (at least at Glencairne) and the stupid AI still hits them.
After T3 only 2 AI Drivers are still able to "race" the bloody rest ist limping 'round the track on 3-wheelers.

• Optimisations to tracks across the game? NOPE, not in this case.

Ian Bell
12-10-2017, 10:43
You've no idea how hard we worked to create the physics for that 'bug'...

satco1066
12-10-2017, 10:44
BTW, could anybody change the thread title to readable english.
i'm no native speaker, but this half german, half english "Patsch" really hurts :p

satco1066
12-10-2017, 10:55

invite him to the extended test team.
Most complaints are hot air, 'couse they think everyting can be done by a fingersnip.
And "hard" work is just a little bit more than one hour, doing home exercises.

Everybody knows, that you lazy game developers just lay arround, drink wine and beer making bad jokes about your customers. :biggrin-new:

maxx69
12-10-2017, 11:31

Don't change a thing , avoiding debris on track is added realism .
IRL you would expect damage from such collisions.
This game is a simulation of RL racing is it not ?
This is one bug you certainly shouldn't fix .
Don't drive into them and you won't get any damage would be my advice .

Sankyo
12-10-2017, 11:35
It could be here, but no one really knows, do they?

• Optimisations to tracks across the game.
Track opimisations does not cover car damage sensitivity.

Boskapongen
12-10-2017, 11:40
Track opimisations does not cover car damage sensitivity.

Well, the cones and other track obstacles is track related are they not?

I kicked a cone with my foot once, flew 5 meters, foot and shoe had no damage. :rolleyes:

fresquito
12-10-2017, 11:49

I kicked a cone with my foot once, flew 5 meters, foot and shoe had no damage. :rolleyes:
If you can fly, it's no wonder you didn't damage your foot.

Sankyo
12-10-2017, 11:59

The cones are fine. How the Kart reacts to hitting them (probably) not. So it's a Kart problem, not a track problem.

Boskapongen
12-10-2017, 12:04
If you can fly, it's no wonder you didn't damage your foot.

Red bull.....

Boskapongen
12-10-2017, 12:15
0:28 in... cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1I8fgKeCrw

maxx69
12-10-2017, 13:52
I'm not getting into a cone physics debate (although it sounds fun ) but I think you'll find they have a large heavy base to stop them blowing away and wouldn't advise you to drive into them at speed , on your way home from work .....or maybe you should , just to see if you sustain some damage ?
I hear GTS has cone smashing smashing physics spot on with no damage :D

Trippul G
12-10-2017, 14:27

LOL...really? You can't be serious. You mean these patch notes (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55001-Project-CARS-2-PC-Patch-2-0-Release-notes)? The incredibly vague, non-specific patch notes that give us basically no idea of what specific changes were made?

If the general public were made privy to such information, our time wouldn't be spent playing the game to see if issue X or bug Y was addressed, we'd know already. Now we're left to wonder if said issue wasn't addressed at all, or if it was, but the fix that was implemented isn't working. Further time is then wasted by needing to post threads such as this, trying to determine what the status of the issue is, and the time of mods/devs is wasted having to answer something that could have, and should have, been already addressed. And this is just one such thread. It's not the first and I'm sure it won't be the last.

The logic, frankly, baffles me.

sisollazzo
12-10-2017, 16:25
The main problem is that during the race almost all the AI drives hit the cones and the cars get damaged. Thereby they lie all on the street till race end. I want to play a race not a show-jumping course. May be I could play skiing :cool:

Anthroban
12-10-2017, 16:52
0:28 in... cheers

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1I8fgKeCrw

Those are tiny, unweighted, cones. Often cones are weighted down with sandbags in the base. Try hitting one of those and see if your wheel doesn't fly off.

maxx69
13-10-2017, 16:23
Those are tiny, unweighted, cones. Often cones are weighted down with sandbags in the base. Try hitting one of those and see if your wheel doesn't fly off.

Exactly those are the ones set out for a quick squirt and not left out to mark boundaries on a track .

Is this really worth complaining about ?

Improve your control and avoid hitting things , this will solve all issues .

This isn't a bug in any way

Now back to the cheese and biscuits

Manwith Noname
13-10-2017, 20:01
Don't change a thing , avoiding debris on track is added realism .
IRL you would expect damage from such collisions.
This game is a simulation of RL racing is it not ?
This is one bug you certainly shouldn't fix .
Don't drive into them and you won't get any damage would be my advice .

While yes, the overall sentiment of your reply is true I can't help but feel you are missing the context somewhat.

https://imgur.com/aDx5UcA

I'm not bagging on the game here, just trying to highlight that in some cases the damage inflicted is perhaps too severe. From my own experience (not with karts) I find the damage sustained compared to my expectation to be variable. Mostly, I find I don't sustain as much damage as I think I should. SMS are surely aware of this so I have no doubt there will be a "pass" on the damage modelling but I don't think it's very helpful to suggest it's fine the way it is.

Edit: To illustrate the point...and I'll preface with a warning this is quite a nasty crash for those who might be sensitive to such things...

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/videos/nasty-go-kart-crash/83117825/

...that's an absolutely huge contact with something far more substantial than a cone. While total damage is hard to ascertain, the wheel is still connected to the kart.

Boskapongen
14-10-2017, 01:21

OK! First of all, the cones in the game does not have sandbags and can be moved super easy in like 1km/hour(just tried it). See pic. (Nordschleife).
Aslo if you hit them they fly away like a football.... Thats why its odd i got 18% aero damage on the Ford GT in 50km/h... (i know, donīt hit cones, bla bla, was an accident but reacted over the damage the car got).

I have driven karts at least 50 times IRL, indoor, outdoor, small tracks, large tracks, flipped two carts, driven in to other cars and got driven into, lots of offtracks ending up in tire barriers etc etc. (Yes, young an wreckless back in the days). Never ever had me or my frinds lost a wheel, stalled engines yes and of course banned from the track. Karts are very durable. Also never seen cones on those tracks (maybe in the parking lot, pits), and if its so dangerous to have sand bags/concrete on cones in combination with karts they would never allow them on anyway.

Have i hit a cone with a street car IRL, yes I have, with a Toyota Celica 99, only thing that happend was i had a hard time getting it out from under the car.... any damage to the bumper spoiler? No.

Game Cones, 100% plastic.

maxx69
14-10-2017, 14:17
I hit a traffic cone in my fabulous Renault traffic after it was flicked in to my lane by a lorry ....I still have a broken bumper although I didn't loose any wheels , I was lucky not to crash from loosing control as I went over it ......they must build Cornish cones form tougher stuff

sisollazzo
14-10-2017, 19:04
I cannot understand this absurd discussion!!!!
First of all I want to say that I love this game and I want to help to improve it.

Again the problem is that during the race the AI hits the cones and their car get damaged.
Therefore you will drive the entire race alone.
The AI cars lies on the street and don't get removed.
The result is that you have on the track a show-jumping course

I've observed a similar bug with a Indy car.
Hitting the poster on the street border the car will lose the front wing.