PDA

View Full Version : What happened with the RWD P30 LMP1?

KANETAKER
11-10-2017, 19:48
Apologies in advance if there was previously a post on this, but apparently no one has seriously paid attention.

The truth is that some fans of the LMP1 are very disappointed with the current poor performance (specially at LeMans) that has the RWD P30 (updated to 2014) compared to the 2 official LMP1-H cars of the game (Audi and Toyota). Although the Marek RP339h has also been affected in performance but is not very noticeable, in fact in circuits smaller than LeMans it is still competitive.

The problem is that due to the low performance of the P30 almost no player has been encouraged to squeeze all their potential, and in the few attempts made have been very fruitless. The car is not able to reach 330 - 340 km/h in LeMans, and so far the best recorded time has been 3:29 (in the PC version), which is very slow compared to 3:15 of the Toyota TS040 and 3:17 of Audi R18 2014.

On the one hand I understand that in Project Cars 1 there was some general discontent because the fictitious LMP1 cars were faster than the official cars. The ideal point was that both types of cars had as far as possible an equitable performance so that there are no problems both when choosing an official car and a fictional car.

Now in almost all races we only see pure Audi and Toyota cars, which visually is very monotonous (no colours), and no longer choose the fictitious because mainly the performance issue. I think the only solution would be to return to the 2013 model of the RWD P30, as currently the AUDI and Toyota of PCars2 are finally at par in performance.

Otherwise both the new Marek and RWD models would become like the current category of LMP1 Private, which in real life are much slower than the official LMP1.

blinkngone
11-10-2017, 20:47
The Audi in PC2 is faster at some tracks than the one in PC1 so now the performance difference compared to the P30 is more exaggerated. I don't run the SMS cars either anymore. Prototype with only 2 cars is disappointing, too bad there isn't a Porsche but the class is a dead end anyway.

Casey Ringley
11-10-2017, 21:44
RWD does seem slower than when I last tested it. Will take a look at the hybrid system next time I get a chance.

blinkngone
11-10-2017, 21:50
Thanks Casey.

GrimeyDog
11-10-2017, 21:53
Apologies in advance if there was previously a post on this, but apparently no one has seriously paid attention.

The truth is that some fans of the LMP1 are very disappointed with the current poor performance (specially at LeMans) that has the RWD P30 (updated to 2014) compared to the 2 official LMP1-H cars of the game (Audi and Toyota). Although the Marek RP339h has also been affected in performance but is not very noticeable, in fact in circuits smaller than LeMans it is still competitive.

The problem is that due to the low performance of the P30 almost no player has been encouraged to squeeze all their potential, and in the few attempts made have been very fruitless. The car is not able to reach 330 - 340 km/h in LeMans, and so far the best recorded time has been 3:29 (in the PC version), which is very slow compared to 3:15 of the Toyota TS040 and 3:17 of Audi R18 2014.

On the one hand I understand that in Project Cars 1 there was some general discontent because the fictitious LMP1 cars were faster than the official cars. The ideal point was that both types of cars had as far as possible an equitable performance so that there are no problems both when choosing an official car and a fictional car.

Now in almost all races we only see pure Audi and Toyota cars, which visually is very monotonous (no colours), and no longer choose the fictitious because mainly the performance issue. I think the only solution would be to return to the 2013 model of the RWD P30, as currently the AUDI and Toyota of PCars2 are finally at par in performance.

Otherwise both the new Marek and RWD models would become like the current category of LMP1 Private, which in real life are much slower than the official LMP1.

Very well said:applause: