PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to reload texture in the showroom?

Albertsen
11-10-2017, 20:19
Not that I really mind doing it, but it seems kinda slow to exit; load a different skin, and then go back and reload the custom one - just to check for changes.

So, is there a way to do it faster? :confused: :)

Shepard2603
13-10-2017, 08:15
You can edit the dds file on the fly. After saving your changes in Photoshop, GIMP or whatever you use, just change to a pre-installed livery and back to the custom one in the showroom e.g. You do not need to close the game (given, your PC can handle PCARS2 and Photoshop at the same time).

Albertsen
13-10-2017, 12:39
Yeah that's the method I use. Exit showroom, load a different car - exit that and re-load the custom one.

Seems like a lot of hassle, and quite slow when you could - say "press F5 to refresh texture" < Just an idea.

Alan Dallas
19-10-2017, 20:17
Yeah that's the method I use. Exit showroom, load a different car - exit that and re-load the custom one.

Seems like a lot of hassle, and quite slow when you could - say "press F5 to refresh texture" < Just an idea.
You don't have to load a different car. While in the Showroom click change livery, re-select the custom slot, click showroom. Works for me every time.

Albertsen
21-10-2017, 22:34
Well, I can't get it to load unless i select and open a different livery, so it's at least 6 clicks with the mouse.
Livery select > Other vehicle > Showroom > Livery select > Custom vehicle > Showroom.
Very cumbersome to say the least.
For example: F5 Refresh testure. Done. Soooo much faster.

Alan Dallas
22-10-2017, 06:33
Well, I can't get it to load unless i select and open a different livery, so it's at least 6 clicks with the mouse.
Livery select > Other vehicle > Showroom > Livery select > Custom vehicle > Showroom.
Very cumbersome to say the least.
For example: F5 Refresh testure. Done. Soooo much faster.
Then write the code for it and see if they'll implement it.
Until then, I'm telling you, 3 clicks minimum to refresh and view any saved changes to your custom livery. The act of exiting the showroom to the livery select screen and coming back in reloads it. But I still click on the custom slot before going back just to be sure.

TBH, what I would rather see is a Next/Previous Livery button in the showroom. Kind of like what we have in pCARS1 when selecting a car and flipping through the liveries.

Albertsen
22-10-2017, 11:49
Great support.
Instead of wanting me to write code, you could just tell me how to load the livery in 3 clicks.