PDA

View Full Version : Bug where wrong setup gets loaded

Terrell Olvera
12-10-2017, 05:22
I just started playing around with setups a few days ago and I noticed it both then and today after the latest patch. It happens in Career, Free Practice, Time Trial and Online. So far I noticed it at Brno and Imola, but it might have happened on other tracks and I didn't take note.

Issue 1: Sometimes when I go into the Tuning menu, it shows one of the default SMS profiles loaded, when it should have a custom setup loaded. If this happens and I go into "Edit Setup" I can tell by the values that it is definitely the wrong setup. However, if I go back to the main screen (where you can choose to go on track or tune the car) and back into the tuning menu, it will show the correct setup loaded (with the correct values as well).

Issue 2: Recently at a race at Imola, I changed a value (fuel amount), saved over the existing setup (which was the correct custom setup) and went out on track, everything seemed ok until I came back to the tuning menu. The wrong setup was loaded and when I reloaded my custom setup it didn't have the changes made previously, even though I saved over the existing setup.

Suggestion: I think it would be nice if we had the option to go on track after making changes without saving them to a setup. Currently you have to either make a new setup or overwrite a previous setup. It would be useful to do neither and only save it once you are happy with it. It is easy to make a change and forget what the original value was. Not the end of the world but it would be nice to have.

cpcdem
12-10-2017, 07:14
About (1), yeah, I am also getting it from time to time and I am using the same workaround that you use.
About (2), this also happened to me, but I think it happened only when I saved the setup while in qualifying, just before the timer ended and expected to see the new values in the race, but they didn't. Workaround as mentioned by others is to always go to the tuning menu before driving in any session, to make sure that the correct setup is getting loaded.

Regarding not saving "temp" setups, I suspect this will not happen, because that's how the system is designed to work, even in PC1. If you remember also in PC1, when editing the setup before a race, we needed to click on the "Save" button in the top right of the screen to make our changes stick, otherwise they would get discarded. But PC1 supported only one setup slot per track, so it was more straightforward. I think when the bug regarding "Overwrite setup" is fixed in PC2, then it will be straightforward again, we will again need just one click to update our new values to the setup, same as in PC1.

blinkngone
12-10-2017, 17:55
I'm not having a good day either. I do a time Time Trial run and when I go back to tuning sometimes it shows a different set up.:miserable: I have tried so many works arounds... Also when I just go back in to try and improve my previous PB inevitably I am slower, the only way I know to get around this is to start over. I can't get the defaults to come back on 1 car, I am going to consider this another dead car/track. I have another one, a CLKLM at Dubai that's trashed. In PC1 I had to delete then reinstall to fix this. I'm not ready to do that yet. In another thread people are taking screen shots still and writing things down so setups are still an adventure.

cpcdem
12-10-2017, 21:43
The workaround for this is to always go to the tuning screen and click load, in order to load the setup you want, before you go out on track. Do this every time after you click "restart" to start your TT lap over again. I know, it's not ideal, but this trick does always work for me here.

blinkngone
12-10-2017, 22:44
Thanks, tried it.

cpcdem
13-10-2017, 09:38
Actually I realized it's not necessary to "load". You can just go to the "tuning setup" screen, wait a second or so until the "SETUP NAME" on top of the screen mentions your setup name. In case it says "Loose setup" instead (your setup not correctly loaded), then just leave the setup screen and enter it again, now it should display the correct setup name, which means it has already loaded, no need to manually load it again. This trick has always worked for me now, 2nd time going to the tuning setup main screen always fixes the problem.