PDA

View Full Version : T300/PS4 FFB settings post patch 2.0

spacepadrille
12-10-2017, 06:58
I open this thread to talk about the FFB settings for PS4, now the patch is there and the FFB system runs "normally".

I just played 2 hours post patch, and I must admit it's quite easy now to obtain a decent FFB ;-) I'm now running RAW 100 30 45 55, but it's not definitive. I try to find a sweet spot that suits to all cars by moving just the volume from one car to the other.

I read a lot of contradictory things about the GAIN, some saying that it must be set at 100 except if saturation is too strong. Others saying that on ps4 the gain must be lowered to achieve a good FFB. Is there an "official" recommandation on this ?

There is still a little dead center in the wheel if the volume is set low.

We can share, collect and discuss FFB settings (PS4/T300) in this this thread if anyone interested.

Syrus
12-10-2017, 07:48
Hello,
My config:

I found that the ffb has softened (less dry) since version 2.0. Is this a false idea? Or the developers have modified the ffb?

jof
12-10-2017, 08:01
I just got a wheel (Thrustmaster T300 Alcantara) 4 days ago after being a controller player of driving games for years.

The first thing I noticed in PC2 with default FFB settings that came with the game was it felt ridiculously strong and not right. Literally jerking the wheel out of my hands. I started to wonder if maybe my new wheel was defective it felt so violent. I played with the FFB settings for a couple of hours and got it a little better by turning the gain and volume right down but it still just felt really strange and unpredictable.

I then went to PC1 and with the FFB set to classic all I changed was FFB strength to 50% and it felt pretty good. Miles better than I could get PC2. I tested mostly by running the Falcon V8 Supercar at Bathurst as it's the combo I know best. I did quite a bit of reading on this forum after this and found out about Jack Spades settings that you could import into PC1 on PS4 for each car. I set up the Falcon with his settings and wow! The FB now felt perfect! I did this for a couple of GT3 cars and they felt really nice too.

But no matter how much I experiment with the PC2 FFB settings I can not get it anywhere near as satisfying and consistent feeling as with PC1.

Diablo944
12-10-2017, 08:28
When pcars1 came out there were a lot of people who felt the ffb options were over the top and way too complicated. I struggled to set my wheel up right back then but over time got it pretty damned good using a mix of various peoples settings.

I miss those settings a lot in pc2. We have gone from near infinitely tunable to an almost direct opposite. I need to mess about with the ffb settings on pc2 now the patch is out. But compared to how it was on release it is definitely feeling better (or maybe I just got good while waiting). I still cant consistently get straight as I still feel a bit of slack in the deadzone, but as one of you mentioned, a little more weight might actually cure that.

alegunner68
12-10-2017, 08:39
I'm bouncing between immersive and informative, i prefer immersive at the moment as there's much more road feel and seems more lively on straights. Might be bugged though as the wheel goes completely loose for a second when exiting some corners, as if the wheels are leaving the ground (they're not). To get round this i had to raise tone.
My settings for now are
Immersive. Informative
100. 100.
20. 38
100. 50
40. 80
Tested at brands in the sauber c9
The main things still missing for me are the wheel loading up when braking (seems to be doing the opposite), and general braking feel. I think if the former can be made to work then the latter would just work automatically.

torsteinvh
12-10-2017, 09:04
Anyone know what the new numbers above the bars in the FFB widget means?

alegunner68
12-10-2017, 09:05

They're the ffb settings

torsteinvh
12-10-2017, 09:08
^ I thought so, but they didn't match my settings. Maybe they change due to the auto tuning (i use 'Informative')?
If so, that would be nice.

alegunner68
12-10-2017, 09:13
That's interesting, I'll have to check it out later.

Jbpd
12-10-2017, 09:21
I was playing last night using

Informative
Gain 75
Volume 25
Tone 65
Fx 25

Wheel felt a bit dead but I was quick and could control slides so happy enough for now!

Re the widget and the numbers I noted the numbers for gain and tone were always one lower than my actual setting

Also mapping ffb to a button is great but I wish it would go up in steps of 1 and not 5

spacepadrille
12-10-2017, 10:13
I'm bouncing between immersive and informative, i prefer immersive at the moment as there's much more road feel and seems more lively on straights. Might be bugged though as the wheel goes completely loose for a second when exiting some corners, as if the wheels are leaving the ground (they're not). To get round this i had to raise tone.
My settings for now are
Immersive. Informative
100. 100.
20. 38
100. 50
40. 80
Tested at brands in the sauber c9
The main things still missing for me are the wheel loading up when braking (seems to be doing the opposite), and general braking feel. I think if the former can be made to work then the latter would just work automatically.

From my side I tested the Audi GT3 w loose setup and soft slicks (as a "medium" car) on Red Bull track (laser scanned)
This first test cession was made assuming Gain should be set at 100
I had good feeling and quick turns with the followings :

RAW 100 28 46 52 : very fast laps, not very lively wheel but precise. Zero clipping
INFO 100 25 50 50 : more enjoyable, but slower. Some clipping on slow corners
IMMERSIVE 100 20 55 35 : enjoyable, good feeling in the straights, shaky in a non realistic way even with a very low volume.

I'm not convinced by the use of a 100 gain value with immersive, the return to center of the wheel is too violent.

In a second cession I will test to use the gain slider.

spacepadrille
12-10-2017, 11:48
I tested Alegunner's settings, the immersive one is very good ! :D
I slightly modified it to my taste, it's now IMMERSIVE 100 20 96 35
good on GT3, good on Clio so far

alegunner68
12-10-2017, 12:27
That's good, I'll try that later, next time you're in can you try immersive with tone at around 50 and see if you get the random dead ffb?
Keep the settings coming in!

spacepadrille
12-10-2017, 20:18
I tried immersive with tone at 50, 55, 60, and there was no random dead FFB... I must say that before launching patch2, I deleted all the PCars2 files on the console, to start clean.

alegunner68
12-10-2017, 21:42
I'm still getting odd ffb in the sauber c9, it seems anything much different from vol 50 and tone 50 it throws a wobbly.

porkovich
14-10-2017, 09:02
I am back to basics. For me the 2.0 patch changed the FFB completely. I am using RAW: 75/45/55/45

Dirtryder
14-10-2017, 12:19
I'm using immersive. Increasing tone to give some sideways feel and reduce the curb feel then reduce fx to eliminate the silly bump steer effect at speed on straights.

GTsimms
14-10-2017, 13:52
Gain must stay at 100 on the PC version and I am not sure, if 100 or 75 would match the stock PC thrustmaster control panel setting on console.

Jbpd
14-10-2017, 15:33
Gain must stay at 100 on the PC version and I am not sure, if 100 or 75 would match the stock PC thrustmaster control panel setting on console.

Can you find out and report back?

spacepadrille
14-10-2017, 18:50

The answer to this question will be a good help

alegunner68
14-10-2017, 21:14
After far too much testing last night i think volume and tone should be around the 50 mark.
Reducing volume seems to mess too much with the ffb curve on slow corners and when straightening out after fast corners.
I'm hoping they add a custom setting in a future patch like pc.

spacepadrille
15-10-2017, 08:23
I am back to basics. For me the 2.0 patch changed the FFB completely. I am using RAW: 75/45/55/45

Spend last night playing with this settings on the Cayman GT4. While driving it was very pleasant but seemed a little flat to me. When I went back to my immersive settings (low volume, high tone, gain 100), it felt really too much shaky, bumpy etc... I also tried Syrus's setting (IMM 85 35 55 40), witch is good also.

I don't know if the gain must be 100 or less on the ps4. I was assuming that 100 was the good spot to have all the ffb dynamic, the other sliders modulating for personal taste and avoid clipping. But I must admit that the overall feeling is better with a lower gain (75-85), even if my ffb curve have less dynamic range.

Soo I keep on trying things. Alegunner must be right when he says tone and volume should be in the 50 range...

Jbpd
15-10-2017, 08:27
My very first setting within 5 mins of starting game and before looking on here was gain 40 volume 60 might try that again.......first impressions and all that

Jbpd
15-10-2017, 19:07
Ive played around with different settings cars tracks etc all day today and I’m really not getting anywhere; I just can’t get a feel I like or even anything as good as I had on project cars 1- which is super frustrating

Think I just need to pick a flavour and a gain level and then just go from there. Tried various setting people have posted on here and decided I’m either really weak / there’s something up with my wheel or i must like a really light wheel!

Syrus
15-10-2017, 19:54
First of all, I deleted all the backups.
I totally revised my settings, after trying those of alegunner68.
With my settings (IMM 85 35 55 40)
I found a lack of information in braking ... and in the rain, the ffb was too weak.
So here are my new settings:
informativ
I tested with the gt3 porshe, and with the clio, on the redbull circuit. On dry and rainy days, I finally found what I was looking for ...

spacepadrille
15-10-2017, 21:31
First of all, I deleted all the backups.
I totally revised my settings, after trying those of alegunner68.
With my settings (IMM 85 35 55 40)
I found a lack of information in braking ... and in the rain, the ffb was too weak.
So here are my new settings:
informativ
I tested with the gt3 porshe, and with the clio, on the redbull circuit. On dry and rainy days, I finally found what I was looking for ...

Good news ! I was back to RAW, let's try info !

@Jbpd : I think we will all slowly be back to a kind of light wheel after experimenting. PC2 was the promise of a high end ffb, so starting with the default value was a strong and immediate distorsion in our ffb habits.

Biddrace
16-10-2017, 08:28
the best found so far.
RAW 100 25 60 75:

Jimmy777
16-10-2017, 18:41
After trying settings in this post and fiddling with settings past weekend my favorite settings so far:

Informative
Gain 80
Volume 60
Tone 50
Fx 75

I tested on different tracks with different cars and weather and finally really happy with this and not going to change anymore.
Feel free to test and post if you like or dislike this setting.

Jbpd
16-10-2017, 19:26
After trying settings in this post and fiddling with settings past weekend my favorite settings so far:

Informative
Gain 80
Volume 60
Tone 50
Fx 75

I tested on different tracks with different cars and weather and finally really happy with this and not going to change anymore.
Feel free to test and post if you like or dislike this setting.

I definitely need to go down the gym, I can’t even turn my wheel on this setting! With gain at 80 on informative I’m volume at 20; tone 60 fx 8

Wonder what setting somewhere in my wheel makes in so strong or other peoples are lighter.

alegunner68
17-10-2017, 08:48
I guess i picked the wrong car to tune my ffb... The sauber c9 around spa, but stubborn old me persevered. I was losing all feedback on some corners unless i raised tone, if anyone has time give it a try, hopefully you'll see what i mean.
I'm settled on inf, 70, 50, 75, 75.
Stiffer than i used in pcars 1 but any less and i lose feeling.
Can the devs let us know if we'll get a custom setting in a future patch?

Partyroy
17-10-2017, 14:44
Hey guys, after watching a ton of YouTube vids and searching the web i lost my mind and Just made my on settings for the t500 I use:
Raw or immersive. Yes on the same setting. 90-45-45-65 and a deadzone of 2

Partyroy
17-10-2017, 14:50
Oh btw. I tested it with the f50 gt on monza. And yes im aware the i have a T500rs and this is a T300 forum.

alegunner68
17-10-2017, 21:28
I'm done testing now, going to enjoy the game before i become ffb obsessed.
Happy with inf, 60, 50, 70, 50.
Just had a blast online in the ginetta gt5 at oulton, it felt great.

Jbpd
17-10-2017, 21:53
Good to hear and glad your good to good before you go ffb mad!

Will give it a go myself when next on and I think need to give up on the formula rookie car!

Partyroy
18-10-2017, 11:23

I know what you mean. I wasnt even done testing with pcars 1 when 2 came out. With every setting you still have doubts.

Jbpd
18-10-2017, 19:03
I got pc 1 how I like it after the last jack spade tweeker file adjust I put on in about feb this year!

I’m going with informative
Gain 60
Volume 30-35 ish depending on car
Tone 60
Fx 15

If anyone else has weak arms or likes lighter ffb this might be good for you too

xtro
19-10-2017, 18:38
Now that I plugged my th8a in USB mode I'm happy with the t300 Ffb! Haven't touched the volume in a few days and I've been driving very different cars in wet and dry conditions.. I'm starting to think the shifter plugged in the base messed up with the power usage and the ffb

bingoo_1
19-10-2017, 19:18
Hi xtro.
Your FFB Settings is?

bradleyland
19-10-2017, 19:59

The numbers are your FFB settings in the format gain/volume/tone/fx. Unfortunately, they don't always match exactly though. If you use buttons to adjust volume or tone on the fly, you'll sometimes see that 40 is presented as 39 or 35 is presented as 34.

https://i.imgur.com/JogSVyZl.png

bradleyland
19-10-2017, 20:05

Consoles have no Thrustmaster Console, so we have to adjust gain directly.

The relationship between gain and volume is very important. I made this graph, although I can't be 100% sure that it's accurate, because I haven't been able to get any feedback from the devs:

https://i.imgur.com/TPhR6Rhl.png

Game help text:

Volume allows for the adjustment of the Force Feedback's "weight" by altering the shape of the Force Feedback curve.

(emphasis mine)

If you run a high gain, you have to compromise by lowering other FFB input values; otherwise you'll clip, or your wheel force will be ridiculously strong. Neither are desirable, and the net result is that you'll end up stuck in the left-hand side of that curve, which "flattens" your FFB.

On PC, the TM Control Panel is used to reduce the output of FFB forces, but does not affect the dynamic range (full use of the curve) of the FFB within the game. That's why 100 gain is so desirable on PC. Console users simply don't have that option.

bradleyland
19-10-2017, 20:26

I run something similar to this:

raw 55/30/90/15

Corrected description: I call this a tone-biased FFB setup, because it favors high-tone. High tone gives you more Fy and less Mz, which offers a lot of feel for oversteer. The downside is that Mz is what provides understeer feel, so you'll lose that information with a high-tone setup.

The following was based on an incorrect understanding of the tone help text, and is obsolete.
I call it a tone-biased FFB setup, because it favors high-tone. Running a high tone gives you more Mz and less Fy, which I find more natural. You can't feel Fy through the steering wheel in a real car, but then again, you can't feel the Fy g-forces when you're sitting static in your rig, so it's a trade-off. You need to feel something. That's why I compromise with a tone of 90.

xtro
20-10-2017, 16:11
Hi xtro.
Your FFB Settings is?

Hi :) I've been using raw 60 45 80 35 so far it's been perfect in open wheel TC and road cars.. in all grip conditions and on the ice tracks. I haven't re- tried kart and RX yet. Also damper and speed sensitivity are all back to 0 and everything else is at 50 with 0 deadzone.. so it drives kind of like gts (only much more refined)

Jbpd
20-10-2017, 19:13
I’m going with informative
Gain 60
Volume 30-35 ish depending on car
Tone 60
Fx 15

Had a bit longer to play tonight ended up

Gain 75
Volume 25
Gain 60
Fx 20

Hoping to only change volume until next patch now!

Jbpd
22-10-2017, 15:06
Finding playing around with steering ratio can help the feel , worth a try if you haven’t already expirmented.

alegunner68
24-10-2017, 05:46
A bit off topic but i played f1 2017 last night for the first time since owning pcars 2, and it feels way more alive. Kerb and road feeling is excellent, doesn't bother me if they are canned effects, it just makes me feel more connected to the track.

fydo
25-10-2017, 13:32
I do not understand how I could play with such a low volume and such a high pitch. I do that on my t500 and the wheel has hardly any force. I basically use around 50 everything (except the gain that I leave to 100) what if I do is lower the tone more than the volume, so I feel when the wheels skid. right now I have configured the steering wheel 1080 degrees of rotation, with a speed sensitivity of 45/50 according to vehicle and the FORCE FEEDBACK I have it in 100 - 50 - 44 - 75 - 0,0% and I think I'll leave it that way. lifetime. I am delighted as the cars feel.

Titzon Toast
25-10-2017, 16:44
I do not understand how I could play with such a low volume and such a high pitch. I do that on my t500 and the wheel has hardly any force. I basically use around 50 everything (except the gain that I leave to 100) what if I do is lower the tone more than the volume, so I feel when the wheels skid. right now I have configured the steering wheel 1080 degrees of rotation, with a speed sensitivity of 45/50 according to vehicle and the FORCE FEEDBACK I have it in 100 - 50 - 44 - 75 - 0,0% and I think I'll leave it that way. lifetime. I am delighted as the cars feel.

Which flavour are you using please?

fydo
25-10-2017, 17:23
Which flavour are you using please?

I'm wearing pure. although in some street vehicles the information is better. but always with those parameters. try those with another Audi R8 on the Sugo circuit and tell me to see what you think. a greeting

fydo
25-10-2017, 17:27
if you play with 1080 degrees remember to calibrate the steering wheel in parameter 1080 when you are asked to turn the steering wheel to 90 degrees.
that yes, I recognize that it is a game and that it is a steering wheel "expensive" with what I like to feel in car. If not, with a T100 I would have been enough. but come on, if you notice it very strongly you should only give the volume a little lower, about 40. no more.

Titzon Toast
25-10-2017, 18:28
I'm wearing pure. although in some street vehicles the information is better. but always with those parameters. try those with another Audi R8 on the Sugo circuit and tell me to see what you think. a greeting

You're using Raw I'm guessing? And Google translate by the looks of things!
Thank you, I'm gonna try them out tonight and I'll check back later.

fydo
25-10-2017, 19:45
You're using Raw I'm guessing? And Google translate by the looks of things!
Thank you, I'm gonna try them out tonight and I'll check back later.

Hahaha. Yes, I'm using Google translator. My language is Spanish. if raw is pure, a greeting!

punkdog69
26-10-2017, 09:52
I run something similar to this:

raw 55/30/90/15

I call it a tone-biased FFB setup, because it favors high-tone. Running a high tone gives you more Mz and less Fy, which I find more natural. You can't feel Fy through the steering wheel in a real car, but then again, you can't feel the Fy g-forces when you're sitting static in your rig, so it's a trade-off. You need to feel something. That's why I compromise with a tone of 90.

Am I wrong or is this just the oposite of thats what stands in the Helptext?
I understand this Text like this: Lower Tone more Mz and less fy.

Titzon Toast
26-10-2017, 15:49
Hahaha. Yes, I'm using Google translator. My language is Spanish. if raw is pure, a greeting!

You're a gentleman and a scholar, sir. Thank you very much.

fydo
26-10-2017, 18:49
You're a gentleman and a scholar, sir. Thank you very much.

: o
did you try out that FFb configuration? I've been giving him all afternoon. and in the end I'm more satisfied with the raw mode. what if I have realized is that there are some cars that I have to touch a very different parameters to those of others. for example the GT3 I leave it as I commented before 100-40 / 50-40-75 and on the other hand I have been testing some old cars with this configuration 100-35-65-75 and the feeling has also been satisfactory. what if I have come to a conclusion. It is that the volume does not have to lower it of 35 and nor raise it of 60 and on the other hand the similar tone. Do not lower it by 30 and do not raise it by 65. if you raise it does weird things. then the FX I leave them in 75, less in the go-karts 25 and Formulas in 50.

Titzon Toast
27-10-2017, 08:54
: o
did you try out that FFb configuration? I've been giving him all afternoon. and in the end I'm more satisfied with the raw mode. what if I have realized is that there are some cars that I have to touch a very different parameters to those of others. for example the GT3 I leave it as I commented before 100-40 / 50-40-75 and on the other hand I have been testing some old cars with this configuration 100-35-65-75 and the feeling has also been satisfactory. what if I have come to a conclusion. It is that the volume does not have to lower it of 35 and nor raise it of 60 and on the other hand the similar tone. Do not lower it by 30 and do not raise it by 65. if you raise it does weird things. then the FX I leave them in 75, less in the go-karts 25 and Formulas in 50.

I did indeed give it a try, it feels much better now.
For some reason I had some Spring and Damper active in my Thrustmater control panel too, getting rid of those helped out a bit too I reckon.

What sort of settings are you running there man? From memory I'm using. 60-100-100-00-00.

fydo
27-10-2017, 10:09
I do not understand very well the question. Questions about the steering wheel configuration? The menu before the FFb configuration? If so, this afternoon I make a video and put it around.
I do not quite understand what you mean by 60-100-100-00-00 (FFb, right?)
I made a video, but without the patch yet. now I have some things changed, like the feeling of speed that I have 35 to 50 among other things. https://youtu.be/EoJ-o1zcK1M

spacepadrille
27-10-2017, 22:00
Hi :) I've been using raw 60 45 80 35 so far it's been perfect in open wheel TC and road cars.. in all grip conditions and on the ice tracks. I haven't re- tried kart and RX yet. Also damper and speed sensitivity are all back to 0 and everything else is at 50 with 0 deadzone.. so it drives kind of like gts (only much more refined)

I just had a blast with your settings and the Ferrari GTE. I think it's the best drive feeling I had on PC2. Great !!!

bradleyland
28-10-2017, 02:11
Am I wrong or is this just the oposite of thats what stands in the Helptext?
I understand this Text like this: Lower Tone more Mz and less fy.

Yeah, I had it backwards there. I've been trying to clarify in as many locations as possible, but I must have missed this one. Thanks! I'll correct it now.

Titzon Toast
28-10-2017, 09:06
I do not understand very well the question. Questions about the steering wheel configuration? The menu before the FFb configuration? If so, this afternoon I make a video and put it around.
I do not quite understand what you mean by 60-100-100-00-00 (FFb, right?)
I made a video, but without the patch yet. now I have some things changed, like the feeling of speed that I have 35 to 50 among other things. https://youtu.be/EoJ-o1zcK1M

I was talking about the the Thrustmater control panel that you use on your PC or Laptop to configure your wheel before you would connect it to your console.
Where you would set your rotation, power, spring, damper etc.
I had some things set wrongly there.

alegunner68
28-10-2017, 09:18
I don't think the console uses those settings, those are pc specific.

Titzon Toast
28-10-2017, 12:01

That's what I always thought myself, lots of people believe they do though. I've yet to see any definitive proof from TM about it.

When I was in tinkering with those settings last week I changed the wheel centre settings to the "Per wheel" setting instead of the recommended "by game" setting.

This caused my wheel to oscillate on the straights. Putting it back to the recommended setting cured it.

fydo
28-10-2017, 21:43

exact. what you put in pc, stays in pc. for console does not use the same drivers as for pc. It is more, it is not necessary to update drivers for pc since these are left in pc. the console installs its own drivers. I'm not sure 100% but I think that touching that will not affect in console and if it does affect. I do not think it was healthy. Maybe on Xbox ...
My advice is to connect to pc. uninstall all the drivers from the device manager and then connect to PS4.
by the way. today I tried the new thrustmaster in madrid gaming experience and ... have sneaked in with € 800 gives the feeling of being the same but instead of acting and noticing the teeth of the pinion seems to have a kind of rubber above the teeth of the pinion is the only thing that favors him.

alegunner68
29-10-2017, 16:11
Yes, the pc settings are pc only, if they worked on ps4 we would have the option to access them. But they don't, so we can't.
What wheel did you try?

fydo
29-10-2017, 22:01
Yes, the pc settings are pc only, if they worked on ps4 we would have the option to access them. But they don't, so we can't.
What wheel did you try?
Hi! The thrustmaster gt sport wheel.

spacepadrille
01-11-2017, 19:14
This thread is quiet... anybody found his holy FFB grail ?
I'm still digging.
Now RAW 63 36 68 35 but may change...

Jbpd
01-11-2017, 19:36
I stopped at my last posted settings and been enjoying the game!

bingoo_1
01-11-2017, 20:39
My FFB Settings

RAW 80 50 55 60

fydo
01-11-2017, 20:41
This thread is quiet... anybody found his holy FFB grail ?
I'm still digging.
Now RAW 63 36 68 35 but may change...

for me the holy grail are 2 configurations. If what you want is to notice the front wheels (skidding, mud puddles or track bumps) in the ffb the ideal configuration is 100, 50/40, 40, 75. Now, if what you want is to notice more the rear part of the vehicle (When it goes of ass especially) configuration ideal would be 100, 34, 69, 75. I have cars or track conditions in which I play with one configuration as the other. I think it's easier to take the second, so online can help you to upload a few points. the first I think is more real but also a more difficult pelin. I play as I said with 2.
I speak from a T500 rs.

Jimmy777
01-11-2017, 21:05
There is no holy grail. The FFB in PC2 just is not good for being a SIM.
PC2 is out now for more then a month and all people with all different wheels
still try tweaking FFB but for now itís not possible because the game FFB just is not good enough.
I hope they fix in future patch. For now iím Back to my old love Assetto Corsa!

Fly_in_fly_in
02-11-2017, 15:15
Probably not related to FFB settings, but wonder if anyone can recommend some settings to help...

I'm using a T300 RS and finding tight corners hard to get enough turning lock on quick enough. I can approach far slower than AI but just can't seem to rotate the car quick enough. Mainly happens on hairpins. Yesterday I was using the Ginetta GT5 at Brans but had to go so slow at Druids. Everywhere else was fine.

Also having trouble catching the back if it slides and end up spinning out. Maybe I'm just being too slow with it and need to practise!

Atak Kat
02-11-2017, 17:45
I had same issues. I also found I was somehow drifting off in medium speed corners. I thought it was understeer but the issue for me was more the steering ratio.

In the car setup, try to change the steering ratio to about 10.0 or 10.5. Then try and see what happens. For me it's much better and solved a lot of issues. You'll have to do it in each car you drive though.

Note, I tried to also adjust this in the general steering settings, and by setting the DOR to less than 900. But I found that messed with the FFB that came through the wheel. So now I calibrate the wheel correctly, and adjust the car setup steering ratio.

gj_ozracer
03-11-2017, 22:53
I found a good all round setting that seems to be OK for me, although I have not tried it in all vehicles yet. But it gives good ffb, as I can feel most bumps and effects such as aquaplaning, corner juddering when too fast into corners, and stuff like that.

900 DOR

Steering DZ 0
Sensitivity 50
Speed Sensitivity 40
Damper Saturation 25

Immersive

I'm a noob to Pcars, so you experienced guys will probably say that its all wrong and crap......but it feels OK for me.. :P
This is my base, and from here I just tune in the car, to get the most grip and controllability.

I hope it helps someb

jmbarros
04-11-2017, 09:31
Hello all,

My two cents here.
- First of all, I think it's now more than time to stop using the Speed Sensitivity. Ben Collis "The Stig" did not use it at 45 (Perhaps it as Steering Sensitivity - if someone has proof, so then prove me wrong).

- Second, I've been having the same annoyances and disappointment in PCars 2 as the ones I had in PCars 1. Physics-wise it is a major improvement and quite enjoyable. But as far as FFB goes on the PS4 using the T300 it is, again, a major let down (I should add the graphics is another let down on the PS4 Pro, now that we have GT Sport).
I have tried different combinations of Gain and Volume, but nothing makes sense to me (even some herein users' settings but nothing).

Now, to the fix suggestion: I think SMS should add the Force Feedback slide from PCars back. Or a better "PC TM control panel"-like adjustment in the game. That will massively improve the feel. Also, if PC can have extra options on the FFB setting via Notepad, we should be able to have those as well.
Also, a visual graph of what the different FFB parameters do, next to the help description, will be a welcoming addition.

Cheers

morpwr
04-11-2017, 10:40
Hello all,

My two cents here.
- First of all, I think it's now more than time to stop using the Speed Sensitivity. Ben Collis "The Stig" did not use it at 45 (Perhaps it as Steering Sensitivity - if someone has proof, so then prove me wrong).

- Second, I've been having the same annoyances and disappointment in PCars 2 as the ones I had in PCars 1. Physics-wise it is a major improvement and quite enjoyable. But as far as FFB goes on the PS4 using the T300 it is, again, a major let down (I should add the graphics is another let down on the PS4 Pro, now that we have GT Sport).
I have tried different combinations of Gain and Volume, but nothing makes sense to me (even some herein users' settings but nothing).

Now, to the fix suggestion: I think SMS should add the Force Feedback slide from PCars back. Or a better "PC TM control panel"-like adjustment in the game. That will massively improve the feel. Also, if PC can have extra options on the FFB setting via Notepad, we should be able to have those as well.
Also, a visual graph of what the different FFB parameters do, next to the help description, will be a welcoming addition.

Cheers

And damper. Set it to zero or as little as possible. All your doing is adding weight that could be used for other parts of the ffb. Not sure how much the control panel would help. Other then being able to set the overall level there and even then that's at the default tm setting.

jmbarros
05-11-2017, 01:06
And damper. Set it to zero or as little as possible. All your doing is adding weight that could be used for other parts of the ffb. Not sure how much the control panel would help. Other then being able to set the overall level there and even then that's at the default tm setting.

Agreed!

I think the lack of FFB center feel on the T300 is mainly due to a wrong Scoop setting that we cannot change (it might be the same wrong default values from PCars1 - PC have this control via Notepad on PCars 2). To be honest, I don't want any scoop on my FFB.
As long as SMS implement the FFB slide back and remove the Scoop values (if present) I think the FFB problems I am experiencing will be gone.
It is no secret that SMS did not perform the consoles' QA before release. All console tests were contracted outside SMS. I am almost sure Ben Collins only played PCars 2 on PC.

On a side note, I remember you from PCars 1. You definitely helped me and the PS4 community a bunch getting the FFB to feel right!

spacepadrille
05-11-2017, 10:13
Agreed!

I think the lack of FFB center feel on the T300 is mainly due to a wrong Scoop setting that we cannot change (it might be the same wrong default values from PCars1 - PC have this control via Notepad on PCars 2). To be honest, I don't want any scoop on my FFB.
As long as SMS implement the FFB slide back and remove the Scoop values (if present) I think the FFB problems I am experiencing will be gone.
It is no secret that SMS did not perform the consoles' QA before release. All console tests were contracted outside SMS. I am almost sure Ben Collins only played PCars 2 on PC.

On a side note, I remember you from PCars 1. You definitely helped me and the PS4 community a bunch getting the FFB to feel right!

Totally agree with all that. morpwr helped me a lot to get a good ffb on pcars1, and it was a big pleasure to talk and share in the Grimey's thread "let's talk FFB...". Now all these gentlemen are on PC, and we poor console drivers are alone in the dark struggling with impossible ffb holy grail quest ;-)

Happy to see you here morpwr and jmbarros !

jmbarros
05-11-2017, 21:33
Totally agree with all that. morpwr helped me a lot to get a good ffb on pcars1, and it was a big pleasure to talk and share in the Grimey's thread "let's talk FFB...". Now all these gentlemen are on PC, and we poor console drivers are alone in the dark struggling with impossible ffb holy grail quest ;-)

Happy to see you too!

BTW, what are you FFB settings you are currently running? I notice that I cannot run the Volume more than 40, otherwise, the braking feeling gets clipped - even if you run "super low" Gain

morpwr
05-11-2017, 22:23
Agreed!

Raw is the only pure ffb setting and the one that seems to work the best. Make sure you are on the latest firmware. Too bad you guys don't have the option for the new drivers because those helped a lot with the loose center(deadzone) feel.

morpwr
05-11-2017, 22:26

Good seeing you guys too. Have to say I don't miss being on console. Vr alone was worth the switch.

spacepadrille
05-11-2017, 23:15
Happy to see you too!

BTW, what are you FFB settings you are currently running? I notice that I cannot run the Volume more than 40, otherwise, the braking feeling gets clipped - even if you run "super low" Gain

I'm running Informative 75 33 60 20 0.1 (thanks Jbpd ;-) It's good, I can feel a lot of things, included braking, there is no deadzone in the center (T300) and it just needs a slight adjustment on the volume (25 - 36) to fit every car I tried so far. I was in raw before, but my laptimes are far better with this informative flavour setting...

Jbpd
06-11-2017, 12:21
I'm running Informative 75 33 60 20 0.1 (thanks Jbpd ;-) It's good, I can feel a lot of things, included braking, there is no deadzone in the center (T300) and it just needs a slight adjustment on the volume (25 - 36) to fit every car I tried so far. I was in raw before, but my laptimes are far better with this informative flavour setting...

Glad to be of use!!! I haven't changed ffb tone fx for over a week, although I do change volume a lot even sometimes during a race of a lap.

Wish the volume mapped button changed it by 1 and not 5 though

Jbpd
06-11-2017, 12:25
I upgraded to the alcantara rim last week, and I can only recommend it, everything feels much smoother.

I've also found reduced steering ratio to 10.5 ish can really help in some cars

spacepadrille
06-11-2017, 16:36
I have the alcantara rim, agree it's a very nice rim. There is a new one (33 cm instead of 30), should be good too, but 200€....

I will try the reduced steering ratio.

I found that the last setting, the spring menu slider, has an impact on the ffb. maybe it's a placebo feeling, but the rim is more (too much) nervous with the default value. I set it to 0.1, feels nice.

senna94f1
06-11-2017, 20:57
Before patch 2.0 ffb was great in all 3 flavours and ffb graph worked fine and showed excactly what settings were doing,

Now since patch 2.0 on ps4 the ffb doesn't work with all 3 flavours and it doesn't correspond with ffb graph,

I noticed it straight away and asked the mods and Ian bell and was basically laughed at and told that all cars are meant to feel different and u will have to change ffb for every car ,I know that's not right because if you did random races online you would have to spend half an hour testing ffb ,so I know that's wrong,

Why not just say yeah we have a ffb problem since new update and we will find a fix ,

morpwr
07-11-2017, 01:53
I have the alcantara rim, agree it's a very nice rim. There is a new one (33 cm instead of 30), should be good too, but 200Ä....

I will try the reduced steering ratio.

I found that the last setting, the spring menu slider, has an impact on the ffb. maybe it's a placebo feeling, but the rim is more (too much) nervous with the default value. I set it to 0.1, feels nice.

Do it you wont regret getting the bigger wheel. Ill never go back to a small wheel. I actually modded a fanatec wheel to fit the thrustmaster shifter. Its doable but it took me about 4 hours to get it all lined up right and then drilling all the holes for the buttons and screws. I don't know how the new sparco wheels are but you can feel more subtle detail through the fanatec rim then the stock thrustmaster one.

alegunner68
07-11-2017, 08:31
I really like the look of the new sparco 383 rim, but it uses a stick dpad and i struggle with them when trying to adjust stuff on the fly. If it had a standard dpad i would have been all over it. I also read somewhere it reduces ffb due to the extra weight but idk.

morpwr
07-11-2017, 10:34
I really like the look of the new sparco 383 rim, but it uses a stick dpad and i struggle with them when trying to adjust stuff on the fly. If it had a standard dpad i would have been all over it. I also read somewhere it reduces ffb due to the extra weight but idk.

I can only speak from my experience but didn't notice any difference and if anything the larger wheel made it feel smoother. Not like a lack of detail just smoother like a real car when turning.

jmbarros
07-11-2017, 12:10

This is by far the best FFB setting I experienced!. Nice and tight around the center, brake and suspension feel are definitely present and I can feel what the car is doing. Informative seems to be the way to go on PS4 - Raw gives too much of the forces on the high-end of the spectrum where the FFB response is not very good for the T300. Perhaps the autotune present in the Informative is helping on here.

Also, I agree that the FFB widget is bugged. It makes no sense to me. Sometimes the histogram is showing some clipping but I don't see any clipping on the FFB horizontal slide nor on the graph + I don't feel any on the motor.

I think SMS should address it and make the return of the overall FFB output slide so we can run RAW and set the Gain to 100, just like the PC! :eagerness:

fydo
07-11-2017, 12:10
and I do not understand the graph of ffb on the telemetry screen. the same goes a green bar, a red one ... can you explain it to me?

spacepadrille
07-11-2017, 19:22
Before patch 2.0 ffb was great in all 3 flavours and ffb graph worked fine and showed excactly what settings were doing,

Now since patch 2.0 on ps4 the ffb doesn't work with all 3 flavours and it doesn't correspond with ffb graph,

I noticed it straight away and asked the mods and Ian bell and was basically laughed at and told that all cars are meant to feel different and u will have to change ffb for every car ,I know that's not right because if you did random races online you would have to spend half an hour testing ffb ,so I know that's wrong,

Why not just say yeah we have a ffb problem since new update and we will find a fix ,

I don't think the ffb is worse after patch 2, from my side it's really better and predictable, it was a complete non sense in the first version. The ffb widget seems to be bugged, but now it's possible to have a reproductible and consistant ffb. I didn't change my settings since 8 days or more, only the volume to adjust per car.

senna94f1
08-11-2017, 02:51
Maybe that's what I am doing when constantly setting ffb up on my t300Rs ,
Trying to correspond the ffb widget graph to what my actual wheel feels like,

I've raced the odd real race car and the Clio doesn't feel remotely like the community event against nic hammer,
It did before patch 2.0 ps4 and on the original ffb settings,

I guess I am frustrated constantly trying to feel the right ffb ,please note I don't have to do this on any other game ps4 or PC version

jmbarros
09-11-2017, 21:44
Maybe that's what I am doing when constantly setting ffb up on my t300Rs ,
Trying to correspond the ffb widget graph to what my actual wheel feels like,

I've raced the odd real race car and the Clio doesn't feel remotely like the community event against nic hammer,
It did before patch 2.0 ps4 and on the original ffb settings,

I guess I am frustrated constantly trying to feel the right ffb ,please note I don't have to do this on any other game ps4 or PC version

Oh, it's super frustrating. So far, I haven't been able to enjoy any of what PCars 2 has to offer. Even with much fewer options to tune the FFB, PCars still suffers from option paralysis. Either give one or two in-game slides for the FFB like Automobilista and RF2, or do like RaceRoom and Assetto Corsa did - intuitive and easy-to-understand slides with working FFB monitors and plenty of good information and videos from the developers explaining what each parameter does.

Daz555
10-11-2017, 19:37
I upgraded to the alcantara rim last week, and I can only recommend it, everything feels much smoother.

I've also found reduced steering ratio to 10.5 ish can really help in some cars
It's a great wheel but as far as I can see not fully support in PC2. I can't map the dial and dial button in game as I want - for example the PS4 assumes the button in the middle of the dial is the PS button which is useless. You had any joy?

The_Mack
12-11-2017, 07:25
Hi,

after a lot of trying other lads FFB settings (like spacepadrille, alegunner and others) on PC2 I think I found my setting. I'm just a follower of this forum, not a tester or somebody who know's alot about this sh*t. This FFB setting feels heavy, really heavy. But imo realistic. I'm running these settings on a T150.

Flavour: Immersive
Gain: 90
Volume: 45
Tone: 45
FX 65
MSS: 0.10

I try alot with a GTR on Monza GP in time trial (tyres optimal etc)

This feels quite good at this moment. It feels like I'm going fast (probably not).
But about this clipping thing in the graphs.
Where do I see if it's clipping or not?

kind regards

Jbpd
12-11-2017, 07:53
It's a great wheel but as far as I can see not fully support in PC2. I can't map the dial and dial button in game as I want - for example the PS4 assumes the button in the middle of the dial is the PS button which is useless. You had any joy?

I haven't tried to remap the dial button and rotate function I've left that as it is, as use keyboard. Will try Remapping later

alegunner68
16-11-2017, 05:52
I jumped ship and got the xbox x and have noticed the ffb is way better, in fact it feels superb. All flavours feel nice at 100 gain with minimal tweaking. This may have been updated in the x patch, if so i really hope you guys get it when the next patch rolls out. Still using the t300 btw.

spacepadrille
16-11-2017, 06:26
@alegunner68 : happy man ! :cool:

bingoo_1
16-11-2017, 08:56
All flavours feel nice at 100 gain with minimal tweaking.

Cool. And your complete FFB Settings?

alegunner68
16-11-2017, 08:58
I just reduced volume a bit.

fydo
16-11-2017, 10:53
I jumped ship and got the xbox x and have noticed the ffb is way better, in fact it feels superb. All flavours feel nice at 100 gain with minimal tweaking. This may have been updated in the x patch, if so i really hope you guys get it when the next patch rolls out. Still using the t300 btw.

what envy! I do not jump why it seems to me that the t500 steering wheel is not compatible with this one. If it were ... I would have jumped.
by the way. you reduce the volume a little and the rest in 50? do you use raw?

alegunner68
16-11-2017, 10:57
I had to get this to make my wheel work.
https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

Zenzic
16-11-2017, 11:03
PS4, T300.

Flavour: Informative
Gain: 40
Volume: 50
Tone: 50
FX: 50

It's a rather subtle setup, then again I've no experience driving race cars and in none of the real cars I've driven I had to fight the wheel.

fydo
16-11-2017, 13:16
I had to get this to make my wheel work.
https://collectiveminds.ca/shop/allconsoles/drivehub/

great. I did not know him. Do not have some kind of lag, delay or something strange on the steering wheel different than when you had it on PS4? I do not trust much of these devices

alegunner68
16-11-2017, 13:26
No lag, works great

fydo
16-11-2017, 20:17
No lag, works great

Hi. Is there much change from PS4 pro to this XBox X? It's worth it for the Project Cars 2. Or you did not have the PS4 Pro? simply the normal ...

V3nom
16-11-2017, 20:33
Not worth just for one game! If you have a 4k HDR TV and you fancy more Xbox exclusives then you could make a jump during black friday. If not I would suggest you to still sip out of your cup of tee. :D

fydo
16-11-2017, 21:17
Not worth just for one game! If you have a 4k HDR TV and you fancy more Xbox exclusives then you could make a jump during black friday. If not I would suggest you to still sip out of your cup of tee. :D

Yes, I have a 4K TV. I use PS4 Pro and what I use most are driving games. I do not care if I take the leap if it's really worth it. Now, if it's a jump like the one from PS4 to PS4 pro ... I better stand still. I only noticed the definition, nothing more.

alegunner68
17-11-2017, 09:21
I have to say the ffb feels way better on the x, driving with the controller feels a lot better too, especially with the rumble triggers. X is incredibly quiet, faster loading times, faster, better dashboard imo and backwards compatibility ( hello again halos ).

Minimitch
17-11-2017, 10:04
I was half tempted to make the switch, but Xbox can do one without The Last of Us 2 and Horizon ZD lol

twotonetommy
17-11-2017, 15:11
How do I get the feel from my T300 wheel where the front tires lock up - a chatter in the wheel. I had it on Project Cars 1 but I am having a tough time feeling the same forces on PC2. Suggestions?

Also, does anyone know how to determine if its your front or rear brakes locking up? Some suggest that if you can't turn when your hear the tire squeal its the front. My problem is that I break in a straight line so its difficult to tell.

alegunner68
17-11-2017, 18:26
The braking chatter is excellent on the x, really took me by surprise. Hope you get it in the next patch.

fydo
18-11-2017, 10:20
How do I get the feel from my T300 wheel where the front tires lock up - a chatter in the wheel. I had it on Project Cars 1 but I am having a tough time feeling the same forces on PC2. Suggestions?

Also, does anyone know how to determine if its your front or rear brakes locking up? Some suggest that if you can't turn when your hear the tire squeal its the front. My problem is that I break in a straight line so its difficult to tell.
you should use informative: 100, 45,35,70 Your what you want is to notice more the back I use 90,36,64,70 also informative (I speak to you from a T500rs, I do not think there is much change)

twotonetommy
19-11-2017, 13:02
Thanks Fydo, that helps. The shimmy I was talking about in PC1 was different but the setup you suggested will work.

fydo
20-11-2017, 09:45
Thanks Fydo, that helps. The shimmy I was talking about in PC1 was different but the setup you suggested will work.

nothing friend. I have used the second one more than the first one, it is easier for me to drive, although the feeling of a forward skid is missing. but you get used to it Another thing to tell you that if you play in Rally Cross, use the first with raw mode. You'll tell me if it helped you. a greeting

chops13
25-11-2017, 02:53
It is amazing how FFB is so subjective. I've tried many different settings with the T300. For those looking to try another setting try these

RAW: 100/36/44/54 DAMPER SATURATION=10-20 for wheel weight. Users don't realize damper saturation greatly affects the centering force felt in the wheel.

IMO, this provides good feel on chassis roll / load, contact patch/slip angle on the front tires, front/rear loading unloading during braking and acceleration, rear end slide. Kerb and off track nuance.

spacepadrille
27-11-2017, 19:30
I will try tonight. Thanks for sharing !

V3nom
27-11-2017, 19:35
The second one from fydo is perfect for me. I'll also try chops this weekend.

fydo
27-11-2017, 19:38
It is amazing how FFB is so subjective. I've tried many different settings with the T300. For those looking to try another setting try these

RAW: 100/36/44/54 DAMPER SATURATION=10-20 for wheel weight. Users don't realize damper saturation greatly affects the centering force felt in the wheel.

IMO, this provides good feel on chassis roll / load, contact patch/slip angle on the front tires, front/rear loading unloading during braking and acceleration, rear end slide. Kerb and off track nuance.
I would say that the dumper is the return of the steering wheel in the menus ... No?

porkovich
27-11-2017, 21:28
Does someone know what the combination MODE + L3 does ? The light blinks once or twice. I have pressed them thinking of changing the auto fan to full on, but somehow forgot the combination was different. So any idea ?

diesel97
27-11-2017, 21:43
Does someone know what the combination MODE + L3 does ? The light blinks once or twice. I have pressed them thinking of changing the auto fan to full on, but somehow forgot the combination was different. So any idea ?

http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00156.pdf

V3nom
27-11-2017, 21:46
It should be for switching the clutch and gas pedal. Mainly for the inverted t3pa pro pedals. Butas far as I know the red light should turn green.
For the fan mode you press mode + start/options. Also another thing, I could change the fan mode only when it was connected to the pc but not to the PS4. Anyway it saves the setting if you use it on the PS4 afterwards.

porkovich
27-11-2017, 21:51
For the reverce position you need to hold only the Mode button. This is a different combination, but i cannot find info on the net.

twotonetommy
28-11-2017, 19:25
http://ts.thrustmaster.com/faqs/eng/thr_eng_00156.pdf

antonpaco
06-12-2017, 18:48
Hello guys, I started few days ago on PS4 T300 and like the first version of the game I found a lot of problems to set up the wheel. Anyway I am using tghe following FBB raw, 80, 30,30,30 and spring I left 0.40. This setup seems to be the best for me, please keep sharing.

V3nom
06-12-2017, 18:51
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ych3HS6mwo&t=97s
I'm currently using these settings and am very happy. I only change the volume from car to car.
Informative is the way to go for me. ^^

Minimitch
06-12-2017, 20:50
I'm still waiting for the patch before I tweak. Will be gutted if I find a set up I love than can't replicate it post patch

fydo
07-12-2017, 20:57
with the new patch I'm going to luxury in raw. although the same configuration with informative also goes quite well. what do you think? https://youtu.be/syQ3cKOoNWc

Minimitch
07-12-2017, 22:29
with the new patch I'm going to luxury in raw. although the same configuration with informative also goes quite well. what do you think? https://youtu.be/syQ3cKOoNWc

That is a bloody lovely set up. Just done a race around Daytona in the Porsche Cayman GT4 and it was a joy to drive

fydo
07-12-2017, 23:05
That is a bloody lovely set up. Just done a race around Daytona in the Porsche Cayman GT4 and it was a joy to drive

I am glad to hear that.

V3nom
07-12-2017, 23:08
Must test it tomorrow.
*Ok Google, remind me to...*

IceShaft
07-12-2017, 23:39
thanks fydo, I'm going to try your settings tomorrow as well!

Since my T300 wheel broke about a month ago now with my new wheel I try to be very careful with FF settings, maybe even too much.
I would like to find a balance between force and stress on the wheel but at the moment I'm trying with Gain at about 80 and see if I can still get a decent feeling.
Which factor do you think stresses the wheel to most? Gain? Volume?

fydo
08-12-2017, 06:58
thanks fydo, I'm going to try your settings tomorrow as well!

Since my T300 wheel broke about a month ago now with my new wheel I try to be very careful with FF settings, maybe even too much.
I would like to find a balance between force and stress on the wheel but at the moment I'm trying with Gain at about 80 and see if I can still get a decent feeling.
Which factor do you think stresses the wheel to most? Gain? Volume?

Hi. If you do not want to take the wheel to the limit giving it mime I would recommend a last configuration that I tried yesterday. in immersive 85/43/43/20. Although I prefer the risk and I believe that I stay with informative 95 or 100/43/43/40. I used that configuration with a BMW Z4 in silverstone classic and simply be amazed. I have to remember that I use the T500 wheel and maybe the sensations are not the same. Although seeing comments it seems that people are happy.

for the moment I want to take advantage of the weekend to shoot in free mode (after all is almost what I use most, I like to compete against myself, hehe). From what I understand the immersive mode carries several data from Jack Spade. It goes quite well, although I lack the balance of understeer with braking (skidding) forward for my taste.

fydo
08-12-2017, 16:28
good! How are you doing with the adjustments ?. I have a bad afternoon, there is no way to play online. I get an error with blue screen. very nice it seemed all yesterday ... By the way, have you tried the ffb? what do you think? Today I had to make some new adjustments. I am afraid that for some cars I would need some parameters and for other cars. That bothers me about this. I am pointing different settings, if you are interested, I will upload some video.

JohnSchoonsBeard
08-12-2017, 16:40
good! How are you doing with the adjustments ?. I have a bad afternoon, there is no way to play online. I get an error with blue screen. very nice it seemed all yesterday ... By the way, have you tried the ffb? what do you think? Today I had to make some new adjustments. I am afraid that for some cars I would need some parameters and for other cars. That bothers me about this. I am pointing different settings, if you are interested, I will upload some video.

Which is the liveliest and quietest car from a FFB point of view. I'd rather tune to the loud one and then if I decide to go RAW compare with the lowest level ffb? Then I can decide if I want to use one of the other flavours with autoscaling/compression on.

I'll try your settings out when I can get my wheel out.

IceShaft
08-12-2017, 16:42
I tried the immersive one you suggested and I find it very good, even with gain at 85, which should be better to avoid stressing the wheel too much, I think at least.

But hey, I’m ready to try everything you throw in here :D

fydo
08-12-2017, 17:04
Which is the liveliest and quietest car from a FFB point of view. I'd rather tune to the loud one and then if I decide to go RAW compare with the lowest level ffb? Then I can decide if I want to use one of the other flavours with autoscaling/compression on.
I'll try your settings out when I can get my wheel out.

I have not understood you very well. my english and my corrector ... are regular. You mean that the car has a softer force feedback? Well I would tell you that the GT3 have a lot of "soft" hard but smooth handling. I could tell you that the most ... the NSX Gt3. Although I prefer to try older cars, the GT0 for example, these have no assisted steering (in game settings I have authentic driving assistance, I suppose you do too) if you notice, with that car and with those parameters the ffb looks more balanced.

fydo
08-12-2017, 17:09
I tried the immersive one you suggested and I find it very good, even with gain at 85, which should be better to avoid stressing the wheel too much, I think at least.

But hey, Iím ready to try everything you throw in here :D

you are right. in 85 of profit it seems that it is not so forced. Another parameter that I have touched is the speed sensitivity. of 45 I have lowered it to 32. It seems that this seems to have improved the turn of the wheels.

JohnSchoonsBeard
08-12-2017, 18:31
I have not understood you very well. my english and my corrector ... are regular. You mean that the car has a softer force feedback? Well I would tell you that the GT3 have a lot of "soft" hard but smooth handling. I could tell you that the most ... the NSX Gt3. Although I prefer to try older cars, the GT0 for example, these have no assisted steering (in game settings I have authentic driving assistance, I suppose you do too) if you notice, with that car and with those parameters the ffb looks more balanced.

I mean in RAW which car has the strongest FFB and which is the lightest.

Biddrace
09-12-2017, 11:31
Raw
100/25/50/50
T300

fydo
09-12-2017, 13:42
I mean in RAW which car has the strongest FFB and which is the lightest.

hello forgive the delay. but yesterday it was a bit out of my hands. Fridays in the village are dangerous. Let's see, comment that I do not know all the cars either. but if I can tell you at least what I have in notes. Some car with force feedback loose in raw. I would dare say some Road C. The famous Nissan GT-R R35 I think has little turning force. I guess in reality it will be similar. That I have it in RAW 85,40,48,40. Then, some car with a lot of force in the wheel, because I would tell you that the Megane RS 75 has enough strength. That I have taken in reality enough time (it has a relative) And I can assure you that with the parameters of home does not seem at all. I have this one in RAW at 85,25,50,40, even I think I like it more in Infornativo. As you can see, for each car it will be necessary to make some adjustment. I rely on Gan 85/100, Vol 25/43, Ton 35/55, FX 20 (immersive) 40 (informative or raw)

fydo
09-12-2017, 13:55
I could say that the average balance would be in informative and crude around the parameters 85, 40, 45, 40. The volume can be reduced in some vehicles to 25.

fydo
09-12-2017, 14:30
By the way, a few weeks ago I said that I would upload a video of the cockpit that I was making. Here you can see an advance. Although do not expect a wonder of nature. Rather it seems to be made by some kind of crazy scientist ... Doc of "Back to the future" Haha. Although good, its functions are great. What do you think? (My house has not left burning yet)

https://youtu.be/tkCgDReKXq4
As you can see, I'm not an expert recording videos

JohnSchoonsBeard
09-12-2017, 18:48
hello forgive the delay. but yesterday it was a bit out of my hands. Fridays in the village are dangerous. Let's see, comment that I do not know all the cars either. but if I can tell you at least what I have in notes. Some car with force feedback loose in raw. I would dare say some Road C. The famous Nissan GT-R R35 I think has little turning force. I guess in reality it will be similar. That I have it in RAW 85,40,48,40. Then, some car with a lot of force in the wheel, because I would tell you that the Megane RS 75 has enough strength. That I have taken in reality enough time (it has a relative) And I can assure you that with the parameters of home does not seem at all. I have this one in RAW at 85,25,50,40, even I think I like it more in Infornativo. As you can see, for each car it will be necessary to make some adjustment. I rely on Gan 85/100, Vol 25/43, Ton 35/55, FX 20 (immersive) 40 (informative or raw)

Thanks. I haven't had a chance to get my rig out since the update. Ive been having a blast using the DS4.

I'm going to try to come up with something that means I don't need to change the settings by car. I don't expect each car to feel the same but obviously want to be able to feel enough no matter what car or track I'm driving.

fydo
09-12-2017, 19:39
Thanks. I haven't had a chance to get my rig out since the update. Ive been having a blast using the DS4.

I'm going to try to come up with something that means I don't need to change the settings by car. I don't expect each car to feel the same but obviously want to be able to feel enough no matter what car or track I'm driving.

okay. I could not play today. I was wrong online and the SMS recommended clean installation. So erase everything and reinstall. now I will wait 8 hours until the updates are downloaded. (my internet is slow) As you say I will also try to leave a fixed configuration. (Or 2 as much)

IceShaft
09-12-2017, 21:05
Right now I'm using Immersive with 80/43/43/60 and I'm liking it so far.
I added some value to FX because I like to feel the road a bit more than with 40.
I will try similar settings with Informative and then decide what's better!

fydo
09-12-2017, 21:08
Right now I'm using Immersive with 80/43/43/60 and I'm liking it so far.
I added some value to FX because I like to feel the road a bit more than with 40.
I will try similar settings with Informative and then decide what's better!

60 immersive fx on my T500 wheel is crazy. It's like driving a road bike up a mountain. Maybe in the T300 he does not feel as strong. I in immersive more than 20 is impossible.

IceShaft
09-12-2017, 23:37
60 immersive fx on my T500 wheel is crazy. It's like driving a road bike up a mountain. Maybe in the T300 he does not feel as strong. I in immersive more than 20 is impossible.

I still have to do some tests, but on the T300 it doesn't feel too strong in my opinion.

fydo
10-12-2017, 18:45
good afternoon (Spanish) colleagues. after a long weekend and having several blue screenshots in the game. I think I have reached the conclusion of leaving some fixed parameters for most vehicles. The configuration is somewhat softer and with better rotation than the previous one I put. if you want to try .... I can say that computer is more or less equal to the raw. it is simply something "harder" without touching anything. What do you think. Greetings and good start to all week

https://youtu.be/q_oooCGHKww

spacepadrille
11-12-2017, 08:10
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38744-Lets-talk-FFB-PC-PS4-XBox1/page811

I tried to run Grimey's settings (assuming I'm on PS4 I lowered the gain to 75) ; it's awesome !

RAW 75 33 50 67

IceShaft
11-12-2017, 12:32
http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?38744-Lets-talk-FFB-PC-PS4-XBox1/page811

I tried to run Grimey's settings (assuming I'm on PS4 I lowered the gain to 75) ; it's awesome !

RAW 75 33 50 67

I tried these settings but I find the wheel extremely light I can barely feel any resistance, I could drive with one hand. :confused:

JohnSchoonsBeard
11-12-2017, 12:51
I tried these settings but I find the wheel extremely light I can barely feel any resistance, I could drive with one hand. :confused:

Which cars did you try. Some cars you can easily drive with one hand / a couple of fingers in real life.

IceShaft
11-12-2017, 14:43
Which cars did you try. Some cars you can easily drive with one hand / a couple of fingers in real life.

Mhhh I tried the Huracan GT3 and the Diablo GTO

poirqc
11-12-2017, 14:48
Since the OP isn't opdated:

Gain on the PS4 can be lowerer. It's an official statement. See it as the TMCP in windows:

https://www.projectcarsgame.com/the-insiders-guide-episode-4.html?lang=en

—Gain: Gain determines how strongly, on a scale 0 – 100, you “feel” the Force Feedback. Adjust the Gain until you find a strength that suits your driving style. Be aware, however, that higher gain settings could result in what is known as Force Feedback clipping. This is when your FFB output is too high, and results in your wheel providing only resistance while dulling or deadening the actual detail of what you’re meant to be feeling, such as surface detail, wheel slip, and so on.

For the best results, PC-users should leave the Gain set to '100' and adjust either the 'Volume' setting, or the strength settings in their wheel software (outside the game) to prevent clipping. For console users, you are free to reduce the Gain if you're experiencing clipping, or if you want the Force Feedback to generally be weaker.

spacepadrille
11-12-2017, 18:31

??? For me it delivers a good strength and a lot of detail... Try to dial the preset and restart the game...

J273
17-12-2017, 19:28
Hi all, without going through the whole thread.

I’ve a PS4 pro with a t300 RS and I’m struggling with settings. I just can’t get the feeling I want. Assetto corsa I find the standard ffb settings perfect. If I could get a similar felling with project cars 2 the same as AC I’d be loving PC2 at the minute I’m just not feeling it.

Has anyone any settings they could share with a similar feeling to AC’s defaults?

Many thanks

fydo
18-12-2017, 10:14

Iíve a PS4 pro with a t300 RS and Iím struggling with settings. I just canít get the feeling I want. Assetto corsa I find the standard ffb settings perfect. If I could get a similar felling with project cars 2 the same as AC Iíd be loving PC2 at the minute Iím just not feeling it.

Has anyone any settings they could share with a similar feeling to ACís defaults?

Many thanks

Hi. I use 2 configurations, one soft and another aggressive depending on which vehicle. You can see it a few pages later on this topic. A greeting.

Experimentalist
19-12-2017, 07:40

I’ve a PS4 pro with a t300 RS and I’m struggling with settings. I just can’t get the feeling I want. Assetto corsa I find the standard ffb settings perfect. If I could get a similar felling with project cars 2 the same as AC I’d be loving PC2 at the minute I’m just not feeling it.

Has anyone any settings they could share with a similar feeling to AC’s defaults?

Many thanks

The settings I'm using right now that I like the feel of for FFB in PCars2 on the PS4 Pro with the T300RS GT are as follows:

Raw

I tested on Donington Park and Spa Francorchamps with the LaFerrari so far. Hope that helps. Let us know how it's going.