PDA

View Full Version : [Investigating] No more Tire Wear after Patch 2.0

Chevi
12-10-2017, 10:12
Platform PS4: I like to play Endurance Races in Carrer Mode with fuel consumption and tire wear. But there ist no more tire wear after Patch 2.0 (before the patch tire wear was total ok, both settings). Now there ist absolut no more wear. No matter if the tire wear is set to "authentic" or "faster". So you can race 2 h Endurance Races with soft slicks without tire-change. Maybe this is good for Arcade-Mode, but not for Carrer Mode. :confused: What can I do? What can you do?

Current Championship: Global Endurance Championship, GTE Class, Chevrolet GTE

Sessionerror
12-10-2017, 10:13
With no tire wear, you mean none at all or slower tire wear?

Bealdor
12-10-2017, 10:13
Which cars exactly?

could_do_better
12-10-2017, 10:14
I did 10 laps at Donington in the Z4 GT3 last night and the front soft slicks were 50% worn. It is working for me.

Chevi
12-10-2017, 10:47
Which car? Any Car. I just created a new driver and started with the LMP 3 Championship. Chosed the first possible LMP 3 Race Car. Same Effekt. No tire wear at all. In both cases (Endurance with the Corvette C7, and LMP 3 with the Ginetta LMP 3) I loaded the "locker" setup.

Same issue with Ferrari 488 GTE...

satco1066
12-10-2017, 11:00
is it possible, you forgot to set "Tire wear" to ON?

cjhill44
12-10-2017, 11:16
I had this as well.

LMP3 car at Monza - 2 hr race. Tyres were about 5% worn by the end of my 50min stint. Race started at 18:00 in Spring.
I wasn't complaining as it meant i only needed to add fuel at the stop! ;)
AI driver jumped in and tyre wear was at a normal level, then when I did my 2nd stint to finish the race (25mins), again very little wear.

Tyre wear was set to normal and I was using the stable setup

zolacat999
12-10-2017, 11:42
Tyre wear still seems to be acting normally for me

Cholton82
12-10-2017, 12:10
Not wanting to stir a hornets nest but why does it say 'NOT TRUE' next to the thread title ? Surely until it's checked through and either identified as a user error or a bug with certain cars or tracks such a statement should be put on hold .

satco1066
12-10-2017, 12:13
tyre wear is also dependend to driving style.
in our privat league, we have drivers that need 4 stints per hour , and one that needs just one pit stop. We call him "Doctor Tyre"
Maybe your'e one of that kind. Be proud :cat:

OddTimer
12-10-2017, 12:20
did an hour race yesterday, hard tires, night, gt3 career, tire wear is deffo working. Also did a 10 lap around Monza, multiclass and again, tire wear was present.

Chevi
12-10-2017, 14:33
Platform PS4. I assure that tire wear does not work in career mode. That does not mean "it works very slow". It means "it does not work at all". After 2 h Endurance tires are as good as at the start. I tried with different cars, different setups (soft slick, hard slick) and different tire wear settings (authentic and faster). Fuel consumption works very well. Tire wear not at all. Why do you comment my title as "not true?

Delated the game and reloaded it, with Patch 2.0. Started new career with new driver. Result: Same Problem! No Tire wear.

The fastest way to eliminate a problem is to deny it.

JDFSSS
13-10-2017, 05:45
In my career mode practice session I experienced very low tire wear with the soft slicks. Ran 28 laps + an outlap, which took about 35 mins and burned through 50 liters of fuel. Tire wear looked to be around 10% and final tire temps were around 60C. Not sure if this is working as intended.

Platform: PC
Setting: Round 1 Practice session of Sports Car Racing US Championship
Car: Ligier JS P2 Nissan
Track: Long Beach
Weather: 12C Ambient, 19C Track, Clear
Setup: Default loose setup
Tires: Soft slicks
Fastest lap: 1:14.448 which was set on lap 23 of my run
Damage: off
Mechanical Failures: off
Tire wear: Authentic
Fuel usage: Real
Driving assists: Authentic

Picture of my tire wear after my run. Sorry for the bad quality, I accidentally recorded in 360p:
https://i.imgur.com/E1s51fw.jpg

Edit: and here's a better quality pic showing how my tire wear looked after a 24 lap, 30 minute race for this round of career mode:
https://i.imgur.com/FwyyRyj.jpg

Chevi
13-10-2017, 05:56
The "No-Tire-Wear-Issue" seems to occur only on PS4, not on PC. Friend of mine (PS4) found the same.

Paulpg87
13-10-2017, 06:12
Same here on ps4 in career mode.
-ginetta junior
- tracks all of uk2 Championship
-all weather tyres, stable set-up
-run 10 laps in qualy
-tyres icon bottom right still 100%
-back to the pit. Tyres icon suddenly down to 50%

Paulpg87
13-10-2017, 06:13
Same here on ps4 in career mode.
-ginetta junior
- tracks all of uk2 Championship
-all weather tyres, stable set-up
-run 10 laps in qualy
-tyres icon bottom right still 100%
-back to the pit. Tyres icon suddenly down to 50%
-out on track again and tyres remain 50% worn

Siberian Tiger
13-10-2017, 07:12
Can please someone start a Career Race and do Burnouts etc. to show the issue on a Video? Also please then go into the Pitbox, and see if it's now displaying correctly.
Then Quit the Session, and go into the Settings, to show your Tire Wear Settings... These will help to investigate it further.

(I would do it by myself, but i am not a Console User)

Chevi
13-10-2017, 07:26
I confirm the posting of Paulpq87: The real tire wear appears only when entering the pit (automatic drive). If you stay on track, there is absolutely no tire wear. Please consider the fact that the platform is PS4, not PC.

@Siberian Tiger: I am a technical dummie, so I am not able to take or upload a video. Sorry.

Lars Rosenquist
13-10-2017, 08:00
Looks like there is tire wear, but not shown until you enter the pit?

bcruise
13-10-2017, 08:10
Here's a question regarding an odd quirk about this (I am on PS4 as well):

During the auto rolling start or when leaving the pits the telemetry hud shows the forces on each tire (the pulsing circles). That part seems correct:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DMAN6VEU8AAuA8_.jpg

Once I'm given control these disappear completely, leaving only the green tire displays even while cornering. It's still supposed to be showing those forces, isn't it?

I didn't look at telemetry much prior to the patch so I couldn't say whether or not it was like this before 2.0 . But I do agree that the tire wear seems low now - On the accelerated wear setting I took a GT3 with the default Loose setup onto Texas and did 60 laps without the front and rear rights dropping below 50%. IIRC the first PCars always showed the forces acting on the tire on the telemetry, so it seems to me like this might be a bug and could be causing the tires to not wear out...?

Can any PC guys confirm whether or not they get that tire data in the telemetry screen in PCars 2?

Siberian Tiger
13-10-2017, 08:31
AFAIk the Force showing is only on AI (BTM Tire Model) - This Indicator was never been reworked to work with SETA Tire Model) - Have to double Check that on my PC. (But only on Monday, no Access to it until then)

Further Question: Is it showing the Wear in the Tacho HUD? Or neither?

Also as soon as you Autopit, the Car is in AI Controll and on BTM Model. Does it show the correct Wear if you Manual Pit?

bcruise
13-10-2017, 09:09
AFAIk the Force showing is only on AI (BTM Tire Model) - This Indicator was never been reworked to work with SETA Tire Model) - Have to double Check that on my PC. (But only on Monday, no Access to it until then)

Further Question: Is it showing the Wear in the Tacho HUD? Or neither?

Also as soon as you Autopit, the Car is in AI Controll and on BTM Model. Does it show the correct Wear if you Manual Pit?

Thanks for the info about the tire model. I wasn't aware of that and it's good to know that whatever this problem is, it's probably not as severe as the physics not actually working against the tire.

Both my telemetry and tachometer HUDs appear to be showing the same levels of wear. And there is some, gradual wear, but again, this is on accelerated and it appears to be wearing out slower than it should. Haven't tried manual pitting, will do so later.

Honestly this is hard for me to discuss meaningfully because I don't really know how long the tires should be expected to last, on authentic or accelerated. It just seems like I shouldn't be able to run 60 laps at Texas on the accelerated setting without the tires dropping below 50%, let alone needing changed.

Paulpg87
13-10-2017, 10:57
Sorry can't do a video. I will test again as i have few races left in the series and report detailed info.

In the meantime maybe we can remove the [not true] from the thread label as we are still investigating and maybe others with the same problem will provide feedbacks.

Best regards
Have a nice weekend

FuriousDemon
13-10-2017, 11:28
Tyre wear works fine for me, but I’m on PC. Seems like PS4 users are having issues.

jimortality
13-10-2017, 12:02
Not being dim but how do I know If tyre wear is working. When I check the telemetry my tyres are always green and the oblong representing the tyre is always full. Tyre wear is on. I'm on pc

Chevi
13-10-2017, 13:38
Looks like there is tire wear, but not shown until you enter the pit?

Nope. When on track, the grip stays "virgin" for rounds and rounds. Tires don´t lose grip. You can drive one hour or more without any lose af grip. The wires stay "new". They look new, and they stay new. But when you enter the Pit-Lane (don`t switch to the box by menu!), grip falls and it is shown.

Chevi
13-10-2017, 13:39
In the meantime maybe we can remove the [not true] from the thread label as we are still investigating and maybe others with the same problem will provide feedbacks.

Bealdor
13-10-2017, 13:52
Moved to PS4 subforum. Notified devs.

Bealdor
13-10-2017, 20:54
Sorry I moved it to the wrong game forum.
Moved back to correct place now.

Sentry87
14-10-2017, 01:34
Ps4 standard. Custom 1 hour offline race, accelerated tyre wear, Brands Hatch. Prior to patch 2.0 my tires would be pretty worn by 30 minute mark with accelerated wear. Today my tyres didn't appear to lose any grip at all, still felt good. Rest of the field pitted around 20 minute mark, assuming for tires. So I know a.i. tyre wear works. I'll have to look into this further to be sure if this is the case

Icecream-Inc
14-10-2017, 04:07
ps4 standard user ..
v2 patch
done all the open wheeler tiers career mode.. currently in the GT tier with Ginetta GT5..

damage off. (was set to cosmetic but in open wheelers losing the front wing is not cosmetic..you lose all front downforce with it on cosmetic)
failures off.
tyre Real.
Fuel Real

tyres wear/wore as expected in every session.

(posting to help narrow down where the problem isn't, as sherlock would do)

Dirtryder
14-10-2017, 04:34
Seeing as there are several racing leagues that are using this game could you please add more accelerated options for tyre and fuel usage. Pc1 had many options for tyre wear, would be great if they were offered in pc2.

bcruise
14-10-2017, 06:14
Ps4 standard. Custom 1 hour offline race, accelerated tyre wear, Brands Hatch. Prior to patch 2.0 my tires would be pretty worn by 30 minute mark with accelerated wear. Today my tyres didn't appear to lose any grip at all, still felt good. Rest of the field pitted around 20 minute mark, assuming for tires. So I know a.i. tyre wear works. I'll have to look into this further to be sure if this is the case

Can second the AI part of this - they do pit for tires. Ran a GT3 race of 21 identical AI's at Imola with tires at authentic and fuel usage turned off, and the first pit window was lap 40-42 (they all came in very close to each other since variable starting fuel wasn't a thing).

Next I'm going to try the exact same thing only with accelerated wear so I can see what the difference is/if there is one (obviously there should be - I'd guess pits around lap 20 or so?)EDIT: Yep, Lap 20-21 pit window, and once that's out of the way and I know this is only a user car problem, I'll run some private sessions and see just how long I can run the car for.

bcruise
14-10-2017, 10:13
Well. I just had something of an epiphany. But let me start with the main topic of this thread - tire wear not working at all. I'm simply not seeing that.

Acura NSX on Private testing mode Imola, Default Stable setup, Tire wear accelerated, fuel usage off. Here's a set of screenshots that show the gradual tire wear over the course of 40 laps. I screenshotted every 10 laps. Please excuse my terrible driving and invalidated laps - I accidentally went wide on the last turn so many times I lost track, and invalidated two laps at once every time.

Lap 10
https://i.imgur.com/2Q2zC4Z.jpg

Lap 20
https://i.imgur.com/8dMMult.jpg

Lap 30
https://i.imgur.com/m38VU56.jpg

Lap 40
https://i.imgur.com/F6Akm1A.jpg

It's working with no question, at least in this instance. And I haven't come across a situation yet where it appeared to not be moving at all.

Now, for my "problem" - the wear being too slow. When I was claiming this I was trying to compare it to the AI's pitting strategy, considering that if fuel wasn't a concern, I'd easily be able to run laps for twice as long as the AI without pitting. I was also thinking back to PCars 1 where I knew tire wear worked and that my pit window was relatively close to the AI's. But there's something I didn't notice - the tires that the "Automatic by Weather" setting put on my car.

Hard Slicks.

That explains two things very clearly to me - 1) why I could never run the same line as even the 60 difficulty AI's on default setups and 2) Why the pit windows were so different. I'd bet anything that the AI's were using Softs. And even though I can't check that, I can compare it to my own car's performance. I slapped soft slicks on my car in a new session and, by the time I limped back to the pits with suspension damage my tires looked like this (I don't need the telemetry to show this one):

https://i.imgur.com/TV2nPGn.jpg

19 laps, and I could have probably done 20 assuming no damage but likely no more . The same pit window as the AI's on accelerated tire wear. Tire compound is obviously a very big deal here.

I'll keep looking into this, but at least I feel like I can go back to enjoying the game now that I'm aware of why my tires weren't wearing out. If some of the folks who aren't getting wear at all want to toss me some scenarios to test out I'd be glad to help.

Chevi
14-10-2017, 11:39
Well. I just had something of an epiphany. But let me start with the main topic of this thread - tire wear not working at all. I'm simply not seeing that.

You are right when you are in private testing mode. But that is not the issue we are discussing about. Please read my first posting. I wrote about career mode.
The problem "No tire wear (no wear at all)" occurs in career mode on PS4.

Paulpg87
14-10-2017, 14:42
Yes in career mode i'm not experiencing any tyre wear. Nor on soft, hard, wets. Or is super slow (i ringraziamenti Short races) or it is not happening. Well at this stage i do not care anymore i am putting everything on off cause basically nothing is working properly.

Moreover take a look to tyres temp/ pressure model cause It doesn't work guys. I'm not going off topic but is really a mess. Pity i can't turn off also this one.

Chevi
14-10-2017, 14:58
Yes in career mode i'm not experiencing any tyre wear. Nor on soft, hard, wets. Or is super slow (i ringraziamenti Short races) or it is not happening. Well at this stage i do not care anymore i am putting everything on off cause basically nothing is working properly.

Moreover take a look to tyres temp/ pressure model cause It doesn't work guys. I'm not going off topic but is really a mess. Pity i can't turn off also this one.

So should we put off everything that does not work fine? Then we must put off the Game. :nonchalance:
I don`t think so. They should fix it soon please. Before Patch 2.0, Tire Wear worked very fine in career mode!

Paulpg87
14-10-2017, 15:55
I'm starting to see some tyre wear in cayman Cup. Soft tyres. After 11 laps the front left worn a bit. So tyre wear is there, It is just super slow. Best regards.bye

Siberian Tiger
14-10-2017, 18:05
Confirmed and forwarded it to the Devs... (Also happening on PC, and i guess also on Xbox)

breyzipp
14-10-2017, 21:19
I think I had a similar issue.

Quick race weekend, GT motorsport preset, KTM XBow GT4, BRNO. (clear weather)

I don't know why but apparently the game put hard slicks under my car for a 20 lap race. I was struggling a lot to keep the car on track, the rear was braking out in turns very very easily, as a result I spun out a lot of corners. After 9 laps I noticed the tire compound issue and pitted to get soft slicks (wow, much better grip! - does the difference between hard and soft slick need to be THAT big?) But anyway after 9 laps of skidding, sliding all over the place on those hard tires they were as good as new (I have tire wear set to real). At the way I was abusing the rubber they should have been gone long before that 9th lap.

Madmazz116
15-10-2017, 00:14
I'm starting to see some tyre wear in cayman Cup. Soft tyres. After 11 laps the front left worn a bit. So tyre wear is there, It is just super slow. Best regards.bye

agree but it is super slow even on accelerated,

Icecream-Inc
15-10-2017, 04:10
Just did Cayman Cup career mode (round 1 at RBR)
Damage on
Failures on
Tyres Authentic
Fuel Real
set tyres in setup to Soft slicks.

Practice did 10 laps pushing hard, front left tyre got to 1/5 - 1/4 worn. Rear left not as much but worn still.
right side tyres were worn no so much..but its mostly right turns, so thats to be expected.

ant1897
15-10-2017, 04:26
RS01, non gt3 version... in MP, even on accelerated tire wear, the wear is excessively slow. An hours worth of lapping and not even half way down the wear meter.

Doesnt seem right to me.

Chevi
15-10-2017, 05:20
I went 49 Rounds on Fuji (90 Min Endurance) with Hard Tires. No Wear.
Optic Damage on
Failure off
Fuel: Realistic
Tire Wear: authentic

Siberian Tiger
15-10-2017, 15:35
Ok, Guys that suffer from this could you do me a favor ?

As said i did had the same Problem. But i fixed it with the following steps:

Start Game, Set Tire Wear to OFF. Close the Game. -> Restart the Game, Set Tire Wear to Autenthic. And Race. -> Now it works for me again. (Just tested with the Clios 10 Laps on BH GP about 20% Tire Wear...)

klysm
15-10-2017, 21:24
I have tire wear, but it is very slow.
Tire eare is set to authentic.

Soft Tires after 34 laps at Fuji in Aston Martin Vantage GTE (Endurance Career):

Also did Siberian Tiger's suggestion: Same slow Tire wear at Silverstone (same Car/Career).

Icecream-Inc
16-10-2017, 04:09
was doing porsche manufacture race (hockenheim classic) and tyres we're wearing as they have been for me in other career races.. however my hud wasnt loading the way I wanted.
I was just wondering if perhaps this is like the hud not saving bug.. no matter what I do the laptime/potential lap time thing in top right keeps showing the "full" version even tho I have repeatedly set it to minimal.
could the tyre wear being saved in options to whatever you set it to, but be resetting itself back to a dif setting for some people..??

I've never touched the tyre wear ever, so could explain why it never does anything other the authentic setting for me.
has anyone paused while out on track and gone to the tyre wear setting screen to see if its still what they set it to??

Chevi
16-10-2017, 07:05
So we hope that the developers will fix it as soon as possible. :cool-new:

Madmazz116
16-10-2017, 12:57

Start Game, Set Tire Wear to OFF. Close the Game. -> Restart the Game, Set Tire Wear to Autenthic. And Race. -> Now it works for me again. (Just tested with the Clios 10 Laps on BH GP about 20% Tire Wear...)

Is this workaround just for PC or PS4 as well?

Edit : Ahh just seen Kylsm's quote at the bottom , ok seems it might not work , i'll give it a go anway

Madmazz116
17-10-2017, 12:14

This didnt work..

Masterplan
19-10-2017, 06:46
For those of you who are complaining about tyre wear being slow when set to authentic, especially with GTE cars: have you ever watched a 24h Le Mans race? Have you noticed, how often these cars (GTE, LMP2, LMP1) change tyres? IIRC (feel free to correct me) LMP1 car changes tyres every fourth-fifth pitstop and makes a pitstop after 13 laps. That means a LMP1 car makes 700-900 km on one set of tyres. I think it'll be similar for GTE cars. That's like 160 laps on a 5 km track. ;-)

Dirtryder
19-10-2017, 07:54
Most of us will never compete in a race that is over 160 laps to wear down a set of tyres on authentic setting. We need a wear rate that can be set to give us many options like pc1 so that even over a short race of say 10 laps the tyres wear to the point of requiring change. If this is not an option we may as well have no tyre wear.

Masterplan
19-10-2017, 08:06
Most of us will never compete in a race that is over 160 laps to wear down a set of tyres on authentic setting. We need a wear rate that can be set to give us many options like pc1 so that even over a short race of say 10 laps the tyres wear to the point of requiring change. If this is not an option we may as well have no tyre wear.

I think there is some option to accelerate tyre wear. ;-)
For me, I am so glad for such realistic tyre wear as too fast tyre wear was soooo stupid in Gran Turismo 6. I so hated it! On Nürburgring 24h tyres lasted only 3 laps. How stupid is that? In qualy, you must drive 25 km in-lap, then you have one shot and one shot only for the fast lap and third lap is an out-lap as you have to change tyres. So frustrating. So as for me - I love realistic tyre wear in Project CARS. ;-)

Madmazz116
19-10-2017, 08:58
For those of you who are complaining about tyre wear being slow when set to authentic, especially with GTE cars: have you ever watched a 24h Le Mans race? Have you noticed, how often these cars (GTE, LMP2, LMP1) change tyres? IIRC (feel free to correct me) LMP1 car changes tyres every fourth-fifth pitstop and makes a pitstop after 13 laps. That means a LMP1 car makes 700-900 km on one set of tyres. I think it'll be similar for GTE cars. That's like 160 laps on a 5 km track. ;-)

Fair enough ..but what about those that like to have tyre wear on accelarated?...I do..I like the stratagy of having to pit ..I dont do long races , so would be nice to have it scaled accordingly.

Dirtryder
19-10-2017, 09:41
We need more options for faster fuel burn rate as well please.

Alex1996
19-10-2017, 11:24
I think there is some option to accelerate tyre wear. ;-)
For me, I am so glad for such realistic tyre wear as too fast tyre wear was soooo stupid in Gran Turismo 6. I so hated it! On Nürburgring 24h tyres lasted only 3 laps. How stupid is that? In qualy, you must drive 25 km in-lap, then you have one shot and one shot only for the fast lap and third lap is an out-lap as you have to change tyres. So frustrating. So as for me - I love realistic tyre wear in Project CARS. ;-)
Actually I don’t know how fast is tyre wearing for GTE or LMP cars, but now it’s different from how we were used, so I think that people is wondering if it’s a bug or a feature, because nobody said anything about it. Maybe now the old “authentic” is the new “accelerated”, but I still have to try.

SLAPE
28-10-2017, 02:07
This.
This would be greatly received by many I would have thought. And maybe the same sort of format for fuel usage.

Zenzic
05-12-2017, 22:14
Since this issue is/was present on all platforms (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55151-Investigating-No-more-Tire-Wear-after-Patch-2-0&p=1396681&viewfull=1#post1396681), could any of the PC users confirm tire wear is once again a factor to consider during longer races after patch 3?

rcnavigated76
05-12-2017, 23:25
I’m hoping so as well. That or an option for career races to be past the point of needing a change.