PDA

View Full Version : What 'actually' changed in Patch 2.0

IJOJOI
12-10-2017, 15:26
Since the patchnotes are quite vague, and SMS doesn't want to elaborate further, it seems, we have to find it out ourselfs...

ICM seems much improved, thats for sure.
Skipping to the end of qualifying works now.
Setup loading is faster

Write down the things you found out below.

mod edit:updated op

+ The pit stop timer is much improved. It now splits up the the pitstop into three 'stages' and shows a progress bar for each stage. So no more wondering why your pitstop is taking so long!
+ The lap invalidation text has been improved. If you invalidate in the last sector it now tells you that both the current as well as the next lap are invalid. As an added bonus, it will also pop up on the following lap telling you that the lap is invalid due to your screwup in the last sector. Much more understandable now.
+ Headlights are much brighter now and definitely more noticeable.
+ Noticed I've squeaked out a few more FPS. Nothing ground breaking but still ~5 frames higher than it was.
+ ICM is no longer dead-center of the screen, not a big deal for me but should hopefully help out folks who had it covered by their wheels previously.
+ The pit box markers are fixed now so they actually display properly. So much nicer being able to actually know what pit box is yours

[saved] box after you saved setup.
Timer between qualy and race.

- Driving line aid fixed/ options added for full track and cornering only / Acceleration line changed to green

- Pit box progress meter added

- Loose/Stable settings added for console versions

- Skip to end bug fixed

-Driver's names over cars is fixed in triple screen

- In multiplayer between sessions, "Exit Session" button has been renamed "Quit Event"

-and:http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55153-New-Group-C-Tire-(Patch-2-0)

Boskapongen
12-10-2017, 15:28
After 5 hours online i found this two.

[saved] box after you saved setup.
Timer between qualy and race.

Lilfurbal
12-10-2017, 15:30
I do have to say, it seems codemasters showed SMS up in regards to patch notes. The recently released patch 1.9 for F1 2017 has pretty amazingly detailed patch notes. I do much enjoying what was actually addressed. Enhancements and improvements to everything is so vague that I don't think we will ever actually know what was fully addressed.

b1sakher
12-10-2017, 15:31
Believe me, this will take ages to count. Pretty happy with the patch.

IJOJOI
12-10-2017, 15:33
I'm happy with the patch too :)
I just dont get why they wouldn't write down what they've accomplished. (Yes I read your post about people complaining Ian, yet I dont see the point...)

RomKnight
12-10-2017, 15:39
It would take a day just to read the release notes for sure if they detail every little change. Even during daily build we didn't get everything (at least sometimes I'm sure).

It's just too much

FuriousDemon
12-10-2017, 15:45
It would take a day just to read the release notes for sure if they detail every little change. Even during daily build we didn't get everything (at least sometimes I'm sure).

It's just too much

Reading daily detailed notes during WMD1 was part of the fun for me. Makes you appreciate devs work more.

bcruise
12-10-2017, 15:48
- Driving line aid fixed/ options added for full track and cornering only / Acceleration line changed to green

- Pit box progress meter added

- Loose/Stable settings added for console versions

- Skip to end bug fixed

That's what I've noticed so far.

Raklodder
12-10-2017, 15:51
I expected more (as in: detailed patch notes) from a 2017 game, but this is the rgb-era after all...

FatnSlo
12-10-2017, 15:56
Driver's names over cars is fixed in triple screen.

Trippul G
12-10-2017, 16:01

It's just too much

That reasoning doesn't make sense. The list already exists, otherwise how would they have addressed everything they did. SMS just chooses not to share it with us, for reasons that I don't comprehend. Put it out there...let us decide whether or not we want to read it.

I've referenced it before, but Digital Extremes publish an absolutely EXHAUSTIVE patch list (https://forums.warframe.com/topic/809842-update-21-chains-of-harrow/) any time they release an update to Warframe. In fact, it's built right into the game as well, so that one of the very first things you'll see when you fire up the game is that changelog. Sure, most people won't read the whole thing, but if we're having problems with a certain thing, we can scan the log to see if the problem has been addressed.

The fact of the matter is that there are many issues (in both PCARS2 and in games in general) that require the investment of a not insignificant amount of time before they manifest themselves, and to expect the end user to just jump in and invest that time with no confirmation ahead of time that the issue has been addressed...frankly, is rather insulting. It says to me that the devs don't value my time and would rather have me guess as to whether a specific issue has been addressed, rather than just telling me outright, ahead of time.

LVracerGT
12-10-2017, 16:10
Would like to know why the thread I started last night was locked? There were no abusive comments made at all. The community is requesting detailed patch notes. Ian's reasoning behind not providing details is very poor.

If you don't want to provide details because of the sheer number of fixes that had to be made, then you probably should have actually tested the game before releasing it. You chose to release another half assed title after what happened with pcars1. Own it and provide your paying customers who paid full price to beta test your game for you with the details of what was fixed.

This title is already shaping up to be the same story as pcars1. I regret my purchase and giving you money again to just to pull the same crap as before. Quality evidently isn't a priority at SMS, I will not even bother touching any dlc or a third title.

Aldo Zampatti
12-10-2017, 16:13
Would like to know why the thread I started last night was locked? There were no abusive comments made at all. The community is requesting detailed patch notes. Ian's reasoning behind not providing details is very poor.

If you don't want to provide details because of the sheer number of fixes that had to be made, then you probably should have actually tested the game before releasing it. You chose to release another half assed title after what happened with pcars1. Own it and provide your paying customers who paid full price to beta test your game for you with the details of what was fixed.

This title is already shaping up to be the same story as pcars1. I regret my purchase and giving you money again to just to pull the same crap as before. Quality evidently isn't a priority at SMS, I will not even bother touching any dlc or a third title.

Just because you don't agree with Ian's reasoning, doesn't mean it is poor. That phrase might be considered an insult so please, be VERY careful.

Don't know which thread are you talking about but, normally when we close them, we put a small note on why. But I believe that the patch notes thing was vastly explained already.

Mahjik
12-10-2017, 16:17
Guys, Ian's decision is his own. You don't have to understand it; it is what it is. If this thread is going to be nothing but complaints about that, then it will be closed.

RomKnight
12-10-2017, 16:27
Reading daily detailed notes during WMD1 was part of the fun for me. Makes you appreciate devs work more.

I know what you mean I still see wmd2 everyday (like I did in pC1 btw) so... OCD is a pain :D

But it's not the release notes that will make me appreciate their work more.

Driving in pC2 do show their awesome work. At least from where I'm standing.

/edit
Forgot to mention one thing that didn't change though... I'm still unable to drive since nearly September 25th or so :(

rosgillies
12-10-2017, 16:29
Well, I`m happy with the sim, the patch,(Patch, isnt that another word for progress?) and now I look forward to DLC`s having bought the season pass too.

Trippul G
12-10-2017, 16:31
Ok, but here's the thing, Mahjik. Why is it ok to question other design decisions that were made in the game, or to complain about certain things we don't like (all in an effort to hopefully improve things for us, the end users)....but apparently this one topic of a detailed changelog is taboo?

Why? Because Ian Bell doesn't want to talk about it? Users are simply asking for information that already exists, in an effort to improve their enjoyment of the game. The information and reasoning behind why things are the way they are that has been provided thus far has been unsatisfactory for many people, and just as we would for any other game-related issue, we're letting our voices be heard here, in an effort to bring about the change that we want to see.

bcruise
12-10-2017, 16:37
I guess we're not going to be able to talk amongst ourselves to find everything that got fixed specifically since people seem to be so intent on saying stuff in these threads that derail them and get them locked. Pretty sure this is the third thread like this already that's going to end up like that.

Konan
12-10-2017, 16:39
Ok, but here's the thing, Mahjik. Why is it ok to question other design decisions that were made in the game, or to complain about certain things we don't like (all in an effort to hopefully improve things for us, the end users)....but apparently this one topic of a detailed changelog is taboo?

Why? Because Ian Bell doesn't want to talk about it? Users are simply asking for information that already exists, in an effort to improve their enjoyment of the game. The information and reasoning behind why things are the way they are that has been provided thus far has been unsatisfactory for many people, and just as we would for any other game-related issue, we're letting our voices be heard here, in an effort to bring about the change that we want to see.

I can understand your frustration but it is a SMS descision and one that has been made with (for us unknown) valid reasons i'm sure...
First there was:"where is the patch" now there is:"where are the extended patch notes"...point is:issues are being reported and issues are being resolved...isn't that enough?

3800racingfool
12-10-2017, 16:47
I guess we're not going to be able to talk amongst ourselves to find everything that got fixed specifically since people seem to be so intent on saying stuff in these threads that derail them and get them locked. Pretty sure this is the third thread like this already that's going to end up like that.

Which is a real shame because I kinda like the idea of a "community generated patch notes" thread. Just has a nice vibe to it. Sorta like "yea we're not going to get what we wanted (detailed patch notes) but we can fix that ourselves so lets do it!". Unfortunately, there seems to be a contingent of people here that would prefer to act like a 10 year old not getting their way and constantly arguing and bringing a dead horse out of the grave to beat on it some more.

That said, and in an effort to further the true intention of this thread, here is the list of things I found last night that I posted elsewhere:

+ The pit stop timer is much improved. It now splits up the the pitstop into three 'stages' and shows a progress bar for each stage. So no more wondering why your pitstop is taking so long!
+ The lap invalidation text has been improved. If you invalidate in the last sector it now tells you that both the current as well as the next lap are invalid. As an added bonus, it will also pop up on the following lap telling you that the lap is invalid due to your screwup in the last sector. Much more understandable now.
+ Headlights are much brighter now and definitely more noticeable.
+ Noticed I've squeaked out a few more FPS. Nothing ground breaking but still ~5 frames higher than it was.
+ ICM is no longer dead-center of the screen, not a big deal for me but should hopefully help out folks who had it covered by their wheels previously.
+ The pit box markers are fixed now so they actually display properly. So much nicer being able to actually know what pit box is yours.

If OP has the time and desire, he can sort through some of these pages and sort out duplicates and keep the list updated so that it's in the first post. I thought about doing it myself but frankly I just don't have the time to do stuff like that right now.

David Slute
12-10-2017, 16:49
Yes the patch notes were vague...... but how I see it, who cares not knowing exactly what was done it doesn't effect the game play or experience, it's better than before☺ the game received a patch, improvements were made and will continue.
Instead of wasting there time opening multiple threads asking for specific details of the patch notes it will allow sms to focus on continuing improvements

Fractured Life
12-10-2017, 16:52
I do have to say, it seems codemasters showed SMS up in regards to patch notes. The recently released patch 1.9 for F1 2017 has pretty amazingly detailed patch notes. I do much enjoying what was actually addressed. Enhancements and improvements to everything is so vague that I don't think we will ever actually know what was fully addressed.

To be fair it still ends with...

"- Various other fixes and improvements."

Mon Pavion
12-10-2017, 16:54
Im just going to go ahead and leave this here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/341916-2-3-The-Commanders-Changelog

You cannot tell me a changelog is "too long to publish". But Ian already said in another thread that SMS didnt want to take the time to publish detailed changelogs just to have the community complain about things that weren't included.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55119-Patch-2-0-change-log-Details/page2

I get it...it just seems like poor customer service to me. Its like a company that has XYZ product. XYZ product is faulty or falls below expectations of its customer base. So company makes improvements and releases updated product for customer base but wont tell customer base exactly what was improved because they don't want to hear their customers complain about their faulty product.

Don't get me wrong. I like PC. I don't expect a perfect release. I know there will be bugs. I know SMS will continue to work hard to fix the bugs and improve the game. I just feel like SMS just looks at a large portion of this community as "annoying". At least that is the message I got after reading the above linked thread. As a paying customer of SMS I don't like this.

Trippul G
12-10-2017, 16:57
I can understand your frustration but it is a SMS descision and one that has been made with (for us unknown) valid reasons i'm sure...
First there was:"where is the patch" now there is:"where are the extended patch notes"...point is:issues are being reported and issues are being resolved...isn't that enough?

I appreciate your point, but the difference between "where is the patch" and "where are the extended patch notes" is the fact that the patch didn't exist when everyone was asking for one...SMS hadn't finished creating it yet, so they couldn't share it with us. The detailed patch notes that we're now asking for DO exist, but apparently, are only allowed to be known to SMS employees.

I just can't wrap my head around the logic that makes keeping your end users frustrated and in the dark seem like a good idea.

Trooper117
12-10-2017, 16:57
I'm a fan of the game, enjoying it a lot... but I do find this situation quite strange...

Anthroban
12-10-2017, 16:58
I like the vague patch notes. In fact, I'd go even farther. I'd just have it say "Fixed a lot of things." Why bother with writing an exhaustive list of technical changes most people will only pretend to understand anyway? Just say "we fixed stuff; it's free; here you go." That's sufficient.

VelvetTorpedo
12-10-2017, 16:58
there are apparently new "easter egg" tires for some cars too

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55153-New-Group-C-Tire-(Patch-2-0)

Trippul G
12-10-2017, 16:59
Im just going to go ahead and leave this here:

https://forums.frontier.co.uk/showthread.php/341916-2-3-The-Commanders-Changelog

You cannot tell me a changelog is "too long to publish". But Ian already said in another thread that SMS didnt want to take the time to publish detailed changelogs just to have the community complain about things that weren't included.

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55119-Patch-2-0-change-log-Details/page2

I get it...it just seems like poor customer service to me. Its like a company that has XYZ product. XYZ product is faulty or falls below expectations of its customer base. So company makes improvements and releases updated product for customer base but wont tell customer base exactly what was improved because they don't want to hear their customers complain about their faulty product.

Don't get me wrong. I like PC. I don't expect a perfect release. I know there will be bugs. I know SMS will continue to work hard to fix the bugs and improve the game. I just feel like SMS just looks at a large portion of this community as "annoying". At least that is the message I got after reading the above linked thread. As a paying customer of SMS I don't like this.

This, 100%. Very well put.

Konan
12-10-2017, 17:02
I just feel like SMS just looks at a large portion of this community as "annoying". At least that is the message I got after reading the above linked thread. As a paying customer of SMS I don't like this.

Really?
ok...let's just close this forum then...

RoccoTTS
12-10-2017, 17:04
Really?

Sorry Konan, but i think your going a step too far this time.

I really understand why people asking for more detailed patch notes. And i think there's nothing wrong with asking for it and there's also nothing wrong with not agreeing with Ian or SMS.
They always spoiled us with good detailed patch notes in PC1, so i'm not surprised by the reactions they've got now.

Mon Pavion
12-10-2017, 17:05
Really?

Cant do that..we gotta give you moderators a purpose in life :p

Konan
12-10-2017, 17:07
Sorry Konan, but i think your going a step too far this time.

i don't think so...if SMS really would think their customers are annoying why would they bother having a forum in the first place?
The flack comes,regardless of the extended patch notes...why invite more of it?

Mon Pavion
12-10-2017, 17:10
i don't think so...if SMS really would think their customers are annoying why would they bother having a forum in the first place?
The flack comes,regardless of the extended patch notes...why invite more of it?

Because more flak or not... its just bad business to say flat out 'we arent going to give you guys details on all the things we changed in the game you bought from us because we don't want to hear you complain about it'

Roger Prynne
12-10-2017, 17:14
Guys you're not going to have detailed patch notes, so no point in going over it time and time again.
SMS decided not to publish them, so you have to live with that.
I don't want to hear any more complaints on this subject.

Konan
12-10-2017, 17:15
Because more flak or not... its just bad business to say flat out 'we arent going to give you guys details on all the things we changed in the game you bought from us because we don't want to hear you complain about it'

so my question is:what is more important....improvements being implemented or you knowing which improvements have been implemented?

Anthroban
12-10-2017, 17:17

How is it "bad business?"

I think it's good business. Detailed patch notes only gives the trolls the ammunition they want to smear the work you're doing. Not giving it to them is smart. What does the honest customer need with detailed patch notes anyway? If you want to know if your pet bug was patched or not, get in the game and check. There's no need to be made a part of the development team.

GTsimms
12-10-2017, 17:23
The best thing would be to respect the decision of the Devs, atm. I feel the same way as Konan.

Konan
12-10-2017, 17:24
The same argument could be made the other way...the flak is going to come regardless, so why not put the information out there?

Because of what has been said before;less details...less flack

IJOJOI
12-10-2017, 17:25
Well, that's not what this thread is about ;)
Mods going OT, there might be some coleslaw involved I guess... :D

Roger Prynne
12-10-2017, 17:26

Exactly

Konan
12-10-2017, 17:27
Mods goint OT, there might me some coleslawinvolvedI guess... :D

well if i could choose i'd rather have the steak...

IJOJOI
12-10-2017, 17:28
well if i could choose i'd rather have the steack...

These smartphone keyboards will kill me some day.
I also found some general FPS improvements in VR.

Konan
12-10-2017, 17:29
Anyway...the most important things you started this thread for are in the OP...

LVracerGT
12-10-2017, 17:33
Just because you don't agree with Ian's reasoning, doesn't mean it is poor. That phrase might be considered an insult so please, be VERY careful.

Don't know which thread are you talking about but, normally when we close them, we put a small note on why. But I believe that the patch notes thing was vastly explained already.

Why should I be careful? The threat of being banned because I don't agree with Ian's reasoning? This forum exists for community feedback. The mods and devs are acting like triggered babies because of the negative feedback. By Ian's reasoning, you might as well close the whole forum as Konan said.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over being banned. I've already wasted my money on this title and will give my honest feedback for the product I've paid for. If they didn't want to deal with the flack then again, they should have tested properly before release.

Also, it's not hard to figure out which thread I started, and no reasoning was given for it being locked. Hence why I asked.

Aldo Zampatti
12-10-2017, 17:37
Why should I be careful? The threat of being banned because I don't agree with Ian's reasoning? This forum exists for community feedback. The mods and devs are acting like triggered babies because of the negative feedback. By Ian's reasoning, you might as well close the whole forum as Konan said.

I'm not going to lose any sleep over being banned. I've already wasted my money on this title and will give my honest feedback for the product I've paid for. If they didn't want to deal with the flack then again, they should have tested properly before release.

Also, it's not hard to figure out which thread I started, and no reasoning was given for it being locked. Hence why I asked.

Nope, you should be careful of insulting anyone, and sometimes there's a thin line between a comment and an insult.

Gobby
12-10-2017, 17:44
Back on topic:

- In multiplayer between sessions, "Exit Session" button has been renamed "Quit Event"

Konan
12-10-2017, 17:47

we certainly are not against negative feedback...in fact we welcome it...if we wouldn't have that we wouldn't be aware of what's bugging people (pun intended)
Ian also is not so narrow minded that he would ignore anything that goes against his reasoning but to call HIS reasoning poor shows a lack of respect...
We are also not acting as triggered babies (at least i hope not) but we WILL act upon trollers (which you are not BTW)
The flack was something we expected even if the game would have been 100% AT release....

Konan
12-10-2017, 17:49
Back on topic:

OP updated...thanks

VelvetTorpedo
12-10-2017, 17:58
there are apparently new "easter egg" tires for some cars too

http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55153-New-Group-C-Tire-(Patch-2-0)

this too :)

Konan
12-10-2017, 18:01
this too :)

sorry forgot about that one...

Mon Pavion
12-10-2017, 18:06
we certainly are not against negative feedback...in fact we welcome it...if we wouldn't have that we wouldn't be aware of what's bugging people (pun intended)
Ian also is not so narrow minded that he would ignore anything that goes against his reasoning but to call HIS reasoning poor shows a lack of respect...
We are also not acting as triggered babies (at least i hope not) but we WILL act upon trollers (which you are not BTW)
The flack was something we expected even if the game would have been 100% AT release....

I have to play devils advocate here. I'm not trying to be toxic or anything. But Ian's and SMS's whole reason for not going into detail about improvements and fixes in the patch was SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE they didn't want to hear the "negative feedback"

Raklodder
12-10-2017, 18:07
New hotfix (2.0.0.1.0894) has been released.

Anyone know what it's all about?

drizzit
12-10-2017, 18:09
New hotfix (2.0.0.1.0894) has been released.

Anyone know what it's all about?

Just a guess but probably FFB as it was mentioned in Jack's thread there was an unintended regression that snuck in.

Konan
12-10-2017, 18:12
I have to play devils advocate here. I'm not trying to be toxic or anything. But Ian's and SMS's whole reason for not going into detail about improvements and fixes in the patch was SPECIFICALLY BECAUSE they didn't want to hear the "negative feedback"

I should have specified:negative feedback is welcomed...negative feedback on what is not in the patch isn't...
and that's simply because they can't fix everything in one patch and those who didn't get their fix (again pun intended) will nagg even more when seeing the extended patch notes...

Mon Pavion
12-10-2017, 18:14
I should have specified:negative feedback is welcomed...negative feedback on what is not in the patch isn't...
and that's simply because they can't fix everything in one patch and those who didn't get their fix (again pun intended) will nagg even more when seeing the extended patch notes...

Ok. I suppose that makes a little sense.

Konan
12-10-2017, 18:15
a little? :cool:

Mahjik
12-10-2017, 18:17

Ok. I suppose that makes a little sense.

Also, it's perfectly fine to post in an existing thread of an issue that was not addressed in a recent patch to express it's still an issue (i.e. in a thread to say "Still not working after 2.0"). We just don't need new threads opened up when we already have an existing thread for an issue.

FuriousDemon
12-10-2017, 18:18
Back on topic:

This is great. I've quit the game a couple of times, thinking I'm just going to get to the race quicker and then wondering if I was kicked for some reason :)

cb_racer
12-10-2017, 18:19

"Where is the patch?" was a VERY valid question.

I love the game from day one, gameplay is second to none, but some of the bugs were head scratching. I'm not talking about the graphics bugs, those don't bother me at all. More on the lines of Menu speed, AI crashing, etc..

I would assume some of the prior to patch bugs would be easily identifiable from testing the game. I'm pretty sure they tested it.

Roger Prynne
12-10-2017, 18:22
Just a guess but probably FFB as it was mentioned in Jack's thread there was an unintended regression that snuck in.

Yes it was this.

Mon Pavion
12-10-2017, 18:22
a little? :cool:

Yep...that's all your gettin' :playful:

Konan
12-10-2017, 18:25
"Where is the patch?" was a VERY valid question.

it was...but that wasn't my point...point is that if we say "we don't know when" people tend to not believe us.
rest assure that if us mods have something to share we are standing in line to do so...

GTsimms
12-10-2017, 18:31

It only affected the PC version. If, this has not been stated anywhere.

mister dog
12-10-2017, 18:45
Back on topic:

Bet many clicked on it and cursed (myself included) :p.

Plato99
12-10-2017, 18:46
Some folks are never happy. Crying for the patch since day one and now canít handle the fact there isnít a 19 page readme file with it. It literally beggars belief.

Tbolt
12-10-2017, 18:54
Some folks are never happy. Crying for the patch since day one and now can’t handle the fact there isn’t a 19 page readme file with it. It literally beggars belief.

Not really, if you don't tell people what has been fixed you are going to end up ( snd it's already happening ) with people saying this or that isn't fixed because all we been told is somethings in certain areas have been fixed.

Then there's the things they have fixed but if some of these are still causing a problem some people might not report it because they don't know it was supposed to be fixed.

People are not complaining because the release notes would make the game better for them -proper release notes makes it a lot easier for developers to get the correct feedback which means it's more efficient at sorting things out.

Roger Prynne
12-10-2017, 18:57
Enough about the lack of patch notes!!
This thread is not for that purpose.

Anyone else complaining about this and I will delete the post.

Konan
12-10-2017, 18:57
ok guys...your points have been made so let's get back to the OP's intention of this thread...(sorry for derailing it myself somewhat)

EDIT: ok...Roger'd

Konan
12-10-2017, 19:00
inside joke...

http://news.doddleme.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/11-dumb-and-dumber.jpg

xelapc
12-10-2017, 19:03
Moderator Mahjik:
Why do you and threaten us? We're the customers and pay your bills. You and SMS have to accept criticism also you don't want to hear it! That's one part of freedom of expression in our world!

Konan
12-10-2017, 19:04
Moderator Mahjik:
Why do you and threaten us? We're the customers and pay your bills. You and SMS have to accept criticism also you don't want to hear it! That's one part of freedom of expression in our world!

pay our bills?
we "work" for free mate....

xelapc
12-10-2017, 19:07
ah, idealism ;)

Mon Pavion
12-10-2017, 19:19
pay our bills?
we work for free mate....

NOW whose the sucker?! HA!

Konan
12-10-2017, 19:21
NOW whose the sucker?! HA!

thanks for making me laugh...really needed that...:cool:

breyzipp
12-10-2017, 19:22

This I fully agree with!

For example, a quote from the patch notes:

Optimisations to tracks across the game.

By that line I have absolutely no clue what is changed and unless I notice something by accident I will probably never be able to appreciate the changes. If instead they would have said for example (I just make stuff up) :

- on Spa we lowered the inside kerb of turn 9
- on Wildcrest we added an extra grandstand
- on COTA we removed some overused Project CARS 2 advertising boards
- a new tree model with autumn colors has been added to give more diversity

etc etc then I would absolutely appreciate the work from the devs a lot more. If I don't know what's changed and I don't notice it, then I can't appreciate it.

Ever since I played WoW (like 10+ years ago) Blizzard Entertainment always gave very detailed patch notes and I was always overjoyed to go "check out" the new stuff.

A bit sad we don't get more detailed patch notes here, or at least not even something between detailed and what we got now.

Konan
12-10-2017, 19:24
you must admit that you're a bit OCD on lists though right? :p

breyzipp
12-10-2017, 19:24
you must admit that you're a bit OCD on lists though right? :p

Don't believe the hype ;)

Konan
12-10-2017, 19:25
hype? try the facts....:cool:

RomKnight
12-10-2017, 19:42
Facts and simracing... right.
Fact: my sim is better than yours.
Fact: all sims should be like <insert your favourite sim here> because "fact" "my sim is better than reality" :D

Peally
12-10-2017, 19:44
Moderator Mahjik:

Which world?

Konan
12-10-2017, 19:49
Which world?

The real world...
Freedom of expression:yes by all means...
By all means:as long as it stays civilised...

Mad Al
12-10-2017, 19:53
California Highway should now work without getting a cut track 9 times out of 10.... so fill up those TT times people!
Ginetta G40 GT5 Slicks are more forgiving and heat up easier (first person to complain they overheat at Dubai with 40C+ air and 66C track temps will get a slap...:))

xelapc
12-10-2017, 19:53
Ian Bell plz help us, what's wrong with your moderators and devs? Are they using this forum for self-projection?

Lars Rosenquist
12-10-2017, 19:55
Next patch notes should be in the form of a 5000+ word essay, with full prologue, epilogue and of course including full motivation of why something was changed. In Haiku format.

Konan
12-10-2017, 19:58
Ian Bell plz help us, what's wrong with your moderators and devs? Are they using this forum for self-projection?

you've had an official warning...don't push it...

cb_racer
12-10-2017, 20:20
it was...but that wasn't my point...point is that if we say "we don't know when" people tend to not believe us.
rest assure that if us mods have something to share we are standing in line to do so...

I believe you guys when you say you don't know.

Mon Pavion
12-10-2017, 20:24
Next patch notes should be in the form of a 5000+ word essay, with full prologue, epilogue and of course including full motivation of why something was changed. In Haiku format.

Nowwww we are TALKIN! ...maybe throw in some atmospheric music to set the mood too

3800racingfool
12-10-2017, 20:27

Pfft, how about a 2000 page 'bill' that we can then say "well we'll have to patch it to find out what's in it!".

/OT posts

mister dog
12-10-2017, 20:32

http://s2.quickmeme.com/img/99/995c52067dc92a652c99a223a4edcce2f03e3aaa6383c81cb08c2e471dc8037e.jpg

Gloomy
12-10-2017, 20:37

Codemasters? The company that completely abandoned dirt 4 weeks after release. Please. I don't think they're a good reference to be comparing sms too. Doesn't matter how detailed their patch notes are if they don't even bother patching or communicating anything about their game.

Aldo Zampatti
12-10-2017, 21:00

Excuse me sir, but.... please refrain of such posting. I'm asking politely.

bcruise
12-10-2017, 21:10
-Skip to end bug fixed

Have to walk this one back unfortunately.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DL93PKPVAAA1vRO.jpg

It's the same as before - missed a sector split and it wasn't counted in the total.

Full disclosure - this was set to be a 5 hour qual and I was only in it playing for about 15 minutes so something may have gone wrong during that extended time that wouldn't be caught in testing. Under normal qualifying lengths maybe it really doesn't happen anymore - after about a half hour or so the AI times stabilize and don't move so it's pointless to run longer than that anyway.

Still wanted to get it out there, and I'll post in the bug thread as well.

Roger Prynne
12-10-2017, 21:24
The thing is that some of you guys have no idea how to post correctly and politely in a civilized manner, so we have to come down hard sometimes.
We go through hundreds of posts a day and in our spare time as well, so we see all sorts of angry, impolite and repeated complaining posts that probably most of you never see.
Just keep it clean, polite, civil and we won't have to act the way we do at times.

Prosim
12-10-2017, 21:41
Thank you Slightly Mad Studios for listening to us and releasing a patch so quickly. Allot of the bugs are got ironed out but there are still a couple here and there which I'm confident you will sort out.

I noticed when i change my tyre's from Wet to slicks for example and save the changes, it doesn't apply when i drive out of the pits. The work around is to exit the session and start a again.

Also, it would be nice to be able to apply setup changes without having to save every time. Would make setups allot faster...

Well done and thank you....

Brado23
12-10-2017, 22:09
I think I noticed a welcome improvement too.... Maybe I am just imagining things but it appears that the license rank bar graph now has in between values, not just a certain bar height for each safety rating level. Has anyone else noticed this?

AEIDOLONE
12-10-2017, 23:12
Don't know if it was mentioned here (read half of the thread, and don't have the time to read every day, every post, sorry) but there was a bug where I couldn't go past a 26 % loading screen for the first race in the Pirelli World Challenge in Career Mode with my Acura NSX GT3 (don't know if the bug is related if you choose only this car) but it was an infinite loop of 26% loading. (left it overnight)

I reported it in an other thread but after the patch I tried it right away and it's fixed!

Ian Bell
12-10-2017, 23:35

Absolutely not the case. We didn't want all of the hard work from the team to add features and improve and enhance the game in every area, ongoing... to have those conflated with bugs and us get cursed for it. As happened before.

You'll find lots of negative feedback all over this forum.

Now, I could have one tenth of the current team remain on pCARS2 and clear off any last bugs that remain in the next patch, and walk away. Or I could keep the fifty plus team I currently have on the product enhancing, improving, adding to the game. It's extremely demotivating for them to, for example, see their list of thirty five improvements and features that they'd worked diligently on adding called 'another patch to fix more bugs in pCARS' all over the internet when two of the thirty five items were bug work and one of those was debatable...

F2kSel
13-10-2017, 00:03
After today's patch I had a bug where in the final screen when you need to click ready I couldn't click anything.
I could see messages but I couldn't enter them either, there was also a little yellow Icon like a down arrow that kept popping up in bottom right of the screen.
I had to use task manager to exit the game. Also had it stick at at 75% when loading track.

The only things I noticed are when saving a setup it now forces you to click continue after a save which has already become annoying as it's delayed and I've already moved mouse to continue in bottom left then I have to move it back when the save complete and continue page comes up , what else can you do but click continue if just seems some what pointless.
Virtual mirror seems more flaky than before using cockpit view , sometimes I can get it come on by just cycling through the different views.
Sometimes if I do get the mirror I don't have the rest of the hud, if I then cycle through those to get the hud sometimes the mirror goes off again.
I'm back to having to save the hud settings every single time I load a track.

Another thing I just remembered is that I seem to be getting placed in bumper cam view much more often than before almost every other time now, it was once or twice a night before.

tennenbaum
13-10-2017, 00:18
The thing is that some of you guys have no idea how to post correctly and politely in a civilized manner, so we have to come down hard sometimes.
We go through hundreds of posts a day and in our spare time as well, so we see all sorts of angry, impolite and repeated complaining posts that probably most of you never see.
Just keep it clean, polite, civil and we won't have to act the way we do at times.

games like pCars2 are little „wonders“ being the spearhead of what‘s possible these days technically and game/simplay wise. some (few) may never get that. be assured that the majority is aware that they got a game which comes closer to a gamer‘s dream come true, than one could have expected a few years ago to be even possible.

cpcdem
13-10-2017, 00:46
After today's patch I had a bug where in the final screen when you need to click ready I couldn't click anything.
I could see messages but I couldn't enter them either, there was also a little yellow Icon like a down arrow that kept popping up in bottom right of the screen.
I had to use task manager to exit the game.

I just now had the exact same problem. It was the final seconds of the extra time of qualification session in multiplayer, and I was in the saving tuning screen, as I tried to make last minute setup adjustments for the race next. I think the problem happened when the extra time timer reached the end, just before or exactly at the time I was saving my setup. In order to help the developers pinpoint this, did the problem happen under similar circumstances to you, too?

cpcdem
13-10-2017, 00:51

Also when joining a server that is already during qualifying, the "Ready up" button is now renamed to "Join". Tiny, but very important improvements to make everything more clear.

apey75
13-10-2017, 01:37
Had a brief stint on the game last night. Things I noticed:

1. Polo tire screech has been reduced when drifting. I don't know if it's screech / audio being tweaked or whether something else is at play (traction control or similar). Overall it sounded more natural.
2. Drifting in the polo seemed more natural. I did update my TS-PC firmware and drivers before playing, so I don't know if it's the drivers or in-game FFB, or physics, but it felt better.
2. Drove the M6 on Red Bull Ring. Sequential downshifts seemed to be quicker.

tpw
13-10-2017, 01:49
Reduced aliasing in cockpit view, so less shimmering on vertical fences etc.

breyzipp
13-10-2017, 01:54
Absolutely not the case. We didn't want all of the hard work from the team to add features and improve and enhance the game in every area, ongoing... to have those conflated with bugs and us get cursed for it. As happened before.

Now, I could have one tenth of the current team remain on pCARS2 and clear off any last bugs that remain in the next patch, and walk away. Or I could keep the fifty plus team I currently have on the product enhancing, improving, adding to the game. It's extremely demotivating for them to, for example, see their list of thirty five improvements and features that they'd worked diligently on adding called 'another patch to fix more bugs in pCARS' all over the internet when two of the thirty five items were bug work and one of those was debatable...

Hey Ian, if that's the case then how about keeping the bug fixes list to a minimum (like it was done now) and writing more detailed patch notes about the improvements or new features?

Ian Bell
13-10-2017, 01:59
Hey Ian, if that's the case then how about keeping the bug fixes list to a minimum (like it was done now) and writing more detailed patch notes about the improvements or new features?

That's not a bad idea... Maybe we should split them.

I'll have a talk internally. (This wasn't just my call).

AEIDOLONE
13-10-2017, 02:01
That's not a bad idea... Maybe we should split them.

I'll have a talk internally. (This wasn't just my call).

It would be very appreciated!

Trippul G
13-10-2017, 02:21

But Ian, it's not about "fixes" or "enhancements" or "improvements" or whatever else anyone wants to call them. It's about respecting your customer base enough to trust them with the full information of what has been done to the product that they have wilfully purchased in support of your company. Some people are going to say disparaging things about SMS and their work, no matter what you do. So, I have to question whether it's really worth it to paint everyone with the same broad brush, as a source of potential grief, rather than trusting your loyal customers and providing them with the information they seek, and dealing with the problem situations logically and individually as they arise.

Mon Pavion
13-10-2017, 02:49

Ok Ian..you sold me on your reasoning. I have no doubt you guys will continue to support the game, never did. And i have no doubt pc2 will become a stellar racing sim. In a LOT of ways it already is. i wouldnt be spending time reading or posting on these forums if i thought otherwise.

I have to admit i was jaded by some obvious (to me anyway) problems with the game at launch. Maybe its due to ignorance on my part. I have no clue what its takes to make a game like this. So when i see something like setup saves being all buggered up and i think to myself "how the hell did they miss this?" or "this should be such an easy thing to fix" the reality is i really dont know what i am talking about, im just making an assumption. But i know dedication when i see it and THAT i can get behind. And you guys are obviously dedicated to making a good racing sim for us racing fans

I read a post from ya that i linked earlier in this thread and i got a little upset. Maybe i misread it..idk. i was at work at the time supposedly "working" but instead i was tooling around on these forums. So its entirely possible as i was trying to do several things at once. But i interpreted it as you guys saying basically "too bad everybody...we arent telling you what we did to the game because you guys are just gonna whine about it".

Sounds to me like keeping your team motivated and behind their creation is a higher priority than giving detailed patch notes. And that i agree with.

And as i sit here thinking about it..i realize OMG...we are actually complaining about how detailed patch notes are!!! Lol..what have we all become. Im mean patch notes!?..really?!

Anyhow..just keep fixing and improving the game Ian and crew. Youre hard work is NOT going unappreciated..no matter how much i complain.

Roushman624
13-10-2017, 03:12
This 1.3 patch is just great! Yes sir! Woooo...:(

Ian Bell
13-10-2017, 03:36
But Ian, it's not about "fixes" or "enhancements" or "improvements" or whatever else anyone wants to call them. It's about respecting your customer base enough to trust them with the full information of what has been done to the product that they have wilfully purchased in support of your company. Some people are going to say disparaging things about SMS and their work, no matter what you do. So, I have to question whether it's really worth it to paint everyone with the same broad brush, as a source of potential grief, rather than trusting your loyal customers and providing them with the information they seek, and dealing with the problem situations logically and individually as they arise.

Well that's impossible then as we clearly have no respect for our customer base....

Guys, don't get another thread closed.

Mon Pavion
13-10-2017, 03:45
This 1.3 patch is just great! Yes sir! Woooo...:(

I assume you are referring to the fact that xbox hasnt gotten the patch yet. Its out of their hands roush. We are all playing the waiting game with microsoft

jimortality
13-10-2017, 03:50
I'd like to report a bug where I can't win any races offline or online :D

Aldo Zampatti
13-10-2017, 03:51
I'd like to report a bug where I can't win any races offline or online :D

That's an issue on the interface that connects the wheel to the seat. Check it or replace it ;)

Marlborofranz
13-10-2017, 04:26
Good morning! :P

Yesterday I had a nice multiplayer race in the rain. It seems like the puddles and the rainy sections on tracks are now synced across all multiplayer players. Drove a track with 3 friends and we checked if everyone has the same puddles. Either we had luck, or it was fixed.

Before on light rain it sometimes appeared that people have rain in sector 1 and 2 only, which is legit because it can be that it rains just on parts of the track. However, some of my friends have had rain in section 3 instead, being dry on sector 1 and 2 where I had a wet track and thus had to drive slow... side of puddles seem to be synced as well, so everyone seems to have to change the driving line equally to avoid large puddles...

DECATUR PLAYA
13-10-2017, 04:28
Last night was my best night of racing so far and every night is better than the last night. SMS and team just block it out and keep doing what your doing. PLEASE keep doing what you do. This game is awesome. Look forward to the fixes and it will only get better.

To all the guys who are on the fence because of some of the negativity you read here about what doesn't work. Try to find the threads that talk about what does work. It's a lot more stuff on this game that absolutely works than doesn't work. 90% or more of this game is fully functional for everything that it offers. The number is more like 95% but I saved some room for error.

Anyway I think I will continue to stay away from these type threads and just continue to play the game like I been doing.

Cheers

z3r0cool77
13-10-2017, 04:41
Love the game, same as pcars 1.
Hate microsoft for doing the same thing they did w pcars 1 and taking forever to deliver the patches.

Roushman624
13-10-2017, 04:52
I assume you are referring to the fact that xbox hasnt gotten the patch yet. Its out of their hands roush. We are all playing the waiting game with microsoft

I know but come come Microsoft... jeez.

R74NN
13-10-2017, 06:07

I just wonder where Ian managed to hire all those minions. It's quite an achievement.

IJOJOI
13-10-2017, 06:20
Btw Konan, thx for updating my first post!
I am really busy at work right now.
You're the guy! :)

Bealdor
13-10-2017, 06:24
I just wonder where Ian managed to hire all those minions. It's quite an achievement.

He paid our bail...

And now back on topic please.

AOD_ZedZedski
13-10-2017, 06:29
Ok, so after the patch I've noticed that Assists are totally messed up.
I go to Gameplay settings to set Authentic Assists then I start the race and I see that ABS, TC, SC are available on GT3 car, which means that Authentic Assists within Gameplay settings are being reset to Full. So, I quit the race and I go back to Gameplay Settings to make sure that Authentic Assists are still there but I see that the game has reset assists to Full and sets random values for each. Hence, ABS low, TC, medium, SC high.

Now, the next thing is that I turn on manually ABS, TC and turn off SC via mapped control buttons while in car before the green lights go off. Start the race and during the race it randomly turns ON/OFF ABS, TC and SC. Sometimes it just turns on TC and turns off ABS and SC on it's own then the next lap turns on ABS, and SC but turns of TC, then the next lap turns on SC but turns off ABS and TC. This was tested on a track Algarve in a car Ferrari 488 GT3

Kebabfelix
13-10-2017, 06:29
There is no reason at all to not show us what's been fixed and it's cringy to see anyone even defending it.

Whatever though, it's their decision.

OT.

Server info is aviable before race start, so that's nice. Seems pretty dumb why they wouldn't include it during qualify too so we don't have to rush setups during race start and risk being kicked.

R74NN
13-10-2017, 06:39
Regarding not releasing proper patch notes, very soon they realize it has no possitive effect. There always will be people complaining. The only way how to show they care is to show what actually has been done and not hide it and then tell people interested in changes "go find yourself".

Anyway, if they are happy how these "patch notes" were received and it is big improvement from the past, good for them.

honespc
13-10-2017, 06:39
Yeah the pit folks are very slow even on changing tyres only, but since it's the same for everyone no problemo there then.

Was the same case in pc1. I think the invisible crew was even slower though.

Mascot
13-10-2017, 06:44
I respect the decision not to issue proper patch notes (even if I don't understand or agree with it) but I won't be rebuying the game until I know that the reasons I refunded it (and new issues subsequently exposed) have been addressed. And the only way I will really know that is by understanding exactly what has been patched by reading detailed patch notes.

Until then: adios amigos, hola Assetto Corsa.

AOD_ZedZedski
13-10-2017, 06:52
I respect the decision not to issue proper patch notes (even I don't understand or agree with it) but I won't be rebuying the game until I know that the reasons I refunded it (and new issues subsequently exposed) have been addressed. And the only way I will really know that is by understanding exactly what has been patched by reading detailed patch notes.

Until then: adios amigos. Hola Assetto Corsa.

I'm in same shoes.

I'm starting to give up on this game and thinking of asking for a refund. If this continues like this and SMS keeps deleting posts on their forums where people point out issues with the game then I will definitely not buy the next game release from SMS anymore. It's a bad business practice not to listen to customer complaints. This is how companies gain bad reputation and lose their customers. Look at Amazon - their business is growing and they are doing really well. Why? Because they care about customers and listen to their complaints and try to improve their service, unlike SMS where they cry like little babies when someone makes a complain and just delete posts to make them look great. Man up already and fix the stuff and listen to your loyal customers!!!

Cheers!!!

Siberian Tiger
13-10-2017, 07:02
I'm in same shoes.

I'm starting to give up on this game and thinking of asking for a refund. If this continues like this and SMS keeps deleting posts on their forums where people point out issues with the game then I will definitely not buy the next game release from SMS anymore. It's a bad business practice not to listen to customer complaints. This is how companies gain bad reputation and lose their customers. Look at Amazon - their business is growing and they are doing really well. Why? Because they care about customers and listen to their complaints and try to improve their service, unlike SMS where they cry like little babies when someone makes a complain and just delete posts to make them look great. Man up already and fix the stuff and listen to your loyal customers!!!

Cheers!!!

Post are only deleted if they are offending/Insulting! Posts with proper Constructive Critic or Asking for Help are ok.
Look around here... Do you see only Posts with Congratulations?
We (the Mods and SMS) try to have a Family friendly Place in here... (There are not only Adults playing this game, and reading this Forum)

Fanapryde
13-10-2017, 07:06
A quick (offline) race learned me that name tags don't fly all over the place now, so that seems to be fixed.
And I got a checkered flag when crossing the finish/starting cool down lap, so that has been added too.

breyzipp
13-10-2017, 07:10
I'm in same shoes.

Cheers!!!

Seriously... both of you...

I don't know about the PC side of the story but if you check both console forums there are bug reporting threads that went a couple of dozen pages long. They've been locked now and new sticky bug reporting threads have been initiated by the mods of the forum for the new patch 2.0. I'm sure if you report bugs in a civil manner in those threads there is nothing going to be deleted. If you are out for suggestions or future improvements, there is a long-paged thread in the general forum too.

Of course if you start complaining in every other thread, pulling those threads off-topic (like what is the case here), threatening for refunds, IMO it's just asking for that part being deleted.

If you're angry or want vent some that is fine, but do it in the proper threads, maybe we should post an anger venting thread in the off-topic forum. :)

To the OP: sorry for yet another offtopic reply.

pkcraistlin
13-10-2017, 07:16
gamers are the biggest entitled sooks in the history of consumerism.

Francisnf
13-10-2017, 07:20
Some of the posts are so childish in this thread, its frankly shocking how utterly strange some people are.

Mascot
13-10-2017, 07:23
Seriously... both of you...

I don't know about the PC side of the story but if you check both console forums there are bug reporting threads that went a couple of dozen pages long. They've been locked now and new sticky bug reporting threads have been initiated by the mods of the forum for the new patch 2.0. I'm sure if you report bugs in a civil manner in those threads there is nothing going to be deleted. If you are out for suggestions or future improvements, there is a long-paged thread in the general forum too.

Of course if you start complaining in every other thread, pulling those threads off-topic (like what is the case here), threatening for refunds, IMO it's just asking for that part being deleted.

If you're angry or want vent some that is fine, but do it in the proper threads, maybe we should post an anger venting thread in the off-topic forum. :)

To the OP: sorry for yet another offtopic reply.

I hope none of that was aimed at me. I stated my thoughts in a calm and respectful way. I'm not missing pCARS 2 and am happy to wait for it to be fixed, but I'm just not sure how I'll ever officially know when that happens if I don't know what's been patched. And reading through hundreds of pages of forum posts isn't really an efficient way of doing that.

*shrugs*

Ian Bell
13-10-2017, 07:31
I hope none of that was aimed at me. I stated my thoughts in a calm and respectful way. I'm not missing pCARS 2 and am happy to wait for it to be fixed, but I'm just not sure how I'll ever officially know when that happens if I don't know what's been patched. And reading through hundreds of pages of forum posts isn't really an efficient way of doing that.

*shrugs*

How about playing and enjoying the game?

Ian Bell
13-10-2017, 07:32
Mods, close the thread for a bit, it's descending into personal abuse.

Konan
13-10-2017, 07:34
Done...