PDA

View Full Version : Formation lap is a mess

RookieRaceline
12-10-2017, 21:06
Is there focus on formation laps for a future update?

There are several issues there that need to be looked at:

Get penalty if you get hit from behind
Asked to give back position even if position has spun off
Unfair penalties when you are not the cause of contact

There are probably more, that i can't remember now, but all in all they are always a mess, even against AI

Also bonus bug: At the cool down lap, it says that you can skip this in the pause menu, but couldn't find this option there

msmith792
12-10-2017, 21:33
I agree. Would be really nice to get positional information with respect to where you should be. Seems like everyone defaults to single file which isn't correct. Should be side by side. Just need some arrows, spotter calls...something.

Lazyilluminati1
13-10-2017, 09:14
+1agree totally agree

Edd1e360
13-10-2017, 09:19
And pole position doing hard break just before start corner so nobody has time to break in tiume and gets time penalties as pole can break to a 1kmh speed, nobody else has time to stop and get in position in time. This is a very common tactic from pole position in public lobbies i have noticed. You get everybody behind you penalties from 5 to 15 seconds....

RookieRaceline
13-10-2017, 09:48
And pole position doing hard break just before start corner so nobody has time to break in tiume and gets time penalties as pole can break to a 1kmh speed, nobody else has time to stop and get in position in time. This is a very common tactic from pole position in public lobbies i have noticed. You get everybody behind you penalties from 5 to 15 seconds....

But that would give P1 a penalty too, i'd expect?
I don't mind the single file, it's just the mayhem, getting penalties for something you really can't be blamed for, people who spin off / get damage in formation lap should lose the position, you can't even give the position back, before the timer goes off, and you get a penalty, if the one in front drifts behind you

RookieRaceline
13-10-2017, 10:19
This is not even a terrible example, but i got a 5sec penalty, that i don't feel i deserve (yeah i'm at the back of the grid, and terrible, but trying)

https://youtu.be/W-piehingJQ

These are AI btw...

Edd1e360
13-10-2017, 15:41
This is not even a terrible example, but i got a 5sec penalty, that i don't feel i deserve (yeah i'm at the back of the grid, and terrible, but trying)

<URL REMOVED SPAM PROTECTION>

These are AI btw...

Never seen pole position getting a penalty for breaking hard and screwing up the formation only everybody else behind him if theres not a pile up.

in your video, no you should not get a penalty there. AI spun of and lost his place he should be put last.