PDA

View Full Version : Rally cross

Jbpd
12-10-2017, 21:31
Tried this tonight for the first time and omg it's great!!!

Roger Prynne
12-10-2017, 21:33
It sure is.

Jbpd
12-10-2017, 21:37
Was expecting crazy bumping ffb on the wheel but no none of that, even enjoyed the spotter audio and I'm normally a engineer off leave me alone kind of guy!

johnnyhotrocks
17-10-2017, 15:37
Tried this tonight for the first time and omg it's great!!!

Seem im with the opposite opinion...........for me it sucks as for the first set of races in any tier its only rally cross that i cant seem to be able to compete as my car is twitchy and so slow compared to the AI who just seems to be fault free.
Not sure if one of the many traction glitches this game has where no grip can be found but rally cross is just no fun at all.
Heck i seem to start with the right side of the car merged in a wall (daytona rally cross track).
To much crap going on with this game its hard to know if your games glitchin out or you need to tweak setting yet again. :(

CJoke
04-11-2017, 12:21
Rallycross in a career is annoying, because doing the same race 6 times in a row is boring as hell!

I don't care if it is like real rallycross or not, I don't like it, but i have to do it in order to complete a full career with all cups.
There is no button to turn off the first 5 races, and no button to turn off that annoying joker-lap. Imho there should be buttons to turn off that all, because in all other career-cups I am able to turn of qualifying, but not in rallycross...

seb02
04-11-2017, 15:08
I admit, I was not very excited about the rallycross when it was announced for Project cars 2.
I would have preferred some disciplines to be better represented like the TCR, the V8 supercars Australia.
In the end, I think it's a good addition.

GrahamHill
04-11-2017, 15:56
Seem im with the opposite opinion...........for me it sucks as for the first set of races in any tier its only rally cross that i cant seem to be able to compete as my car is twitchy and so slow compared to the AI who just seems to be fault free.
Not sure if one of the many traction glitches this game has where no grip can be found but rally cross is just no fun at all.
Heck i seem to start with the right side of the car merged in a wall (daytona rally cross track).
To much crap going on with this game its hard to know if your games glitchin out or you need to tweak setting yet again. :(

Same feeling here. The rallycross is a very frustrating experience, at least in the Career mode. First off, even if I put the AI to 0 for both skills and aggression I'll have a hard time. Their start is always absolutely perfect, and even if I start 0.01s after the green light, I'll be overtaken by 2-3 cars. Then, even if I'm not making mistakes, I can hardly distance them. Again, that's with skills and aggression set to 0. I can't even imagine at 100....

Strangely enough this seems to happen only in the career mode. Doing a custom race with the same parameters will be a whole lot easier.

Then the driving itself is cumbersome, especially in the rain. It struggles to keep a straight line and goes easily off road. The amount of time I had to restart a race... Maybe I'm just too used to driving on tarmac. Or maybe I simply suck :D

Thankfully it's not necessary to win a championship to get the "Get That Dirt Off Your Shoulder" trophy.

I'll finish the championship in my Career, trying not to lose my nerves, and then I'll leave that discipline for good.

Madhun67
06-11-2017, 11:38
PRACTICE,PRACTICE,PRACTICE................................even if youre Scott Speed you have to learn to get the cars sideways proper in Rally X.......................i love it !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!