PDA

View Full Version : Manufacturer Drives Rewards

wicken
12-10-2017, 23:26
I'm close to finishing all manufacturer drives and I'm wondering if all Manufacturers unlock one car after you beat the 3 events.

Pre patch 2.0, I've completed: Audi, Honda, BMW, Chevrolet, Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari, Nissan, Ford, Porsche and didn't unlocked nothing at the end.
Post patch 2.0, I've completed Aston Martin Racing which I've unlocked the Aston Martin DB11 and with Ginetta, I've unlocked Ginetta G57.

Anybody knows if it was designed for every single manufacturer to have a reward or just a selected few?

moeppel
18-10-2017, 21:18
I'm close to finishing all manufacturer drives and I'm wondering if all Manufacturers unlock one car after you beat the 3 events.

Pre patch 2.0, I've completed: Audi, Honda, BMW, Chevrolet, Mercedes-Benz, Ferrari, Nissan, Ford, Porsche and didn't unlocked nothing at the end.
Post patch 2.0, I've completed Aston Martin Racing which I've unlocked the Aston Martin DB11 and with Ginetta, I've unlocked Ginetta G57.

Anybody knows if it was designed for every single manufacturer to have a reward or just a selected few?

According to all sources Iíve read so far, every manufacturer should unlock a car.
For example official site says it pretty clearly: https://www.projectcarsgame.com/project-cars-2-career.html?lang=en

Anyone got a full list of them? Still searching for one as my thumbs were too quick for my eyes after the events 😢

Aardvark892
19-10-2017, 00:07
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that only applied to console versions. Are you on PC?

wicken
12-11-2017, 22:34
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if that only applied to console versions. Are you on PC?

A very late response but, I'm playing on PS4.

apey75
13-11-2017, 04:31
Interesting! I've just started playing career but didn't know that these manufacturer events unlocked anything. Would certainly be cool and provide some motivation to make some progress in career mode.

V3nom
13-11-2017, 07:33
So are you supposed to get one car per manufacturer? Can anyone answer this with certainty?

Rickyk18
15-11-2017, 07:04
When I finished the mercedes proving grounds, I got the AMG GTR. What is special about it? I already had that car

Zenzic
15-11-2017, 07:40
For what it's worth: I haven't completed any of the Merc manufacturer events yet, but I've definitely already driven the AMG GT R in game. So far I was under the impression these manufacturer events don't unlock anything.

Edit: interesting thread (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56145-Special-cars-to-unlock) on this topic, especially this (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?56145-Special-cars-to-unlock&p=1410735&viewfull=1#post1410735) post.

V3nom
15-11-2017, 08:15
Well that's sad. It would be pretty cool if some "Special" cars would be hidden under manufacturer drives.
Put a fixed AI Setting you have to race against to make it a challenge. The reward would of been so sweet!

RyokoMaruyama
15-11-2017, 08:18
It unlocks cars for you to use in the invitational events is what they are to be. I've noticed that in some races I couldn't use the G57 for Track Day A while the AI could, so that's my conclusion

Zenzic
15-11-2017, 08:20
Well that's sad.

I disagree. For those who want a sense of progression and like to unlock stuff there's career mode. For those who enjoy the experience of racing in itself there's custom races. I think that's a great split. Personally I would have hated having to unlock cars game-wide.

MaximusN
15-11-2017, 10:53
Personally I would have hated having to unlock cars game-wide.
Indeed I hate that with a vengeance. I can't even get why people like it, but I don't mind it being an option. If you want to waste time collecting cars please do so, but don't bother me with it :)