PDA

View Full Version : A thank you

lancashirelad
13-10-2017, 01:02
I like to say thanks to all the team who have brought this game to my ps4. I'm 50 and have been into gaming since my 48k spectrum and have watched games evolve over the years. I could not imagine back in the 80's what we have gaming wise today. I know it had problems at launch but underneath I could see a tremendous game. I've mainly been doing my own races against the ai and can honestly say taking the lotus 78 round long beach has without doubt been one of my gaming highlights. Not really explored most of the cars and features yet but this one experience is worthy of the price imo. The ai will get tweaked along with other things that will make this game even better but taking that lotus by the scruff of the neck with my T300 sat in my play seat challenge and my crew chief app telling me I'm gaining on the guy in front was just bliss.
Thanks again all involved.

Raysracing
13-10-2017, 02:48
After the 1.2.0 patch I like the game so much more. The VR experience has gotten a lot better and the ffb is IMHO much improved. Although the AI will surely need continuous tweaking, thye too seem better behaved already. For example at Snetterton they almost get to the outside of curb turning in and I swear before the patch they took the left-hander after the back straight like on train rails. Now I'm faster through there. I will check Silverstone next because they used to fly through Copse close to flat out in a gt3 car. No way!

Andre.V
13-10-2017, 03:59
It's funny you post a such message to SMS because I was about to do the same.

I just want to SINCERLY congratulate SMS for the VERY HIGH level of realism of the rally cross tracks. The amount of details is extremely impressive and so fun to drive. I have a great fun drifting on the dirt and ice. I tried several times to do the same in Pcars 1 but never been able to master that technique. But now in PC2, drifting is just a real delight. Thank you so much to the team. The Lotus 98 was very hard to drive in PC1 but a real joy in PC2 now. I love it so much too.

Andre.

BazzaLB
13-10-2017, 04:09
Night racing @ Oulton park in the Caterham 620R and seeing your own car shadow stretching out and dancing around ahead if you as you cross through the chasing cars headlights in VR is bloody awesome. I'm 53 so can relate to the OP astoundment about just how far this has all come over the years (except the Spectrum bit... C64 all the way :D and a couple of others before that like the Trs80 ). I'm one of the lucky one's who finds PC2 VR implementation brilliant and surprisingly fast.

I still remember the days when Ian Bell was writing his track guides on the High Gear forums. Good times but these are even better.

MISTER WU
13-10-2017, 05:27
Geez baz, you and OP are starting to show your age fellas LOL.
Gaming in 10 years will be insane i hope, im just wondering if i should get HTC Vive as i wear glass's!

BazzaLB
13-10-2017, 05:51
Geez baz, you and OP are starting to show your age fellas LOL.
Gaming in 10 years will be insane i hope, im just wondering if i should get HTC Vive as i wear glass's!

I wear glasses too and have no issues with them in the vive.

DozUK
13-10-2017, 07:37
I like to say thanks to all the team who have brought this game to my ps4. I'm 50 and have been into gaming since my 48k spectrum and have watched games evolve over the years. I could not imagine back in the 80's what we have gaming wise today. I know it had problems at launch but underneath I could see a tremendous game. I've mainly been doing my own races against the ai and can honestly say taking the lotus 78 round long beach has without doubt been one of my gaming highlights. Not really explored most of the cars and features yet but this one experience is worthy of the price imo. The ai will get tweaked along with other things that will make this game even better but taking that lotus by the scruff of the neck with my T300 sat in my play seat challenge and my crew chief app telling me I'm gaining on the guy in front was just bliss.
Thanks again all involved.

Ha, I was right there with you playing Chequered Flag back in the day on the old Speccy (Still the best system ever!). You're right, it's amazing how far racing sims have progressed. Nothing can compare with PC2's dynamic track and weather and season simulation, it's a hell of feature that's unmatched anywhere else

Naz
13-10-2017, 11:26
I read on twitter a week or so ago a mention of giving creators postive feedback when they create something good, rather than only receiving negative feedback on various issues. I think this applies perfectly here.

Yes there are bugs and issues (they'll largely get fixed)
Yes there are design choices I am disappointed with (custom championships anyone?)

... BUT ...

I am thoroughly enjoying PC2. I'm even enjoying the scripted career (didn't really get into it in PC1). As silly as it sounds, I got a great sense of achievement finishing 4th in the Brno FC race after realising to my horror I was several seconds off last place during the free practice session ... on all tracks I am spending the time in free practice to actuallly tinker with setups and seeing my lap times decrease .... every position gained in the race feels like I earned it (I'm no alien so any podium at any AI level is a win as far as I am concerned).

I've also taken to setting up 24 hour races at Bathurst and Le Mans with variable weather and speeded up time ... such races in VR are simply stunning as is VR implementation generally...you've scored a Zidane like belter with that lads...those puddles, seeing the racing line dry, the night driving, the performance allowing me to crank up supersampling with nice crisp visuals in VR, letting my brain trick me into feeling I'm in the car via VR and a buttkicker and simcommander installed, talking to my engineer via crew chief and voice recognition ... wonderful.

So yeah, don't let the negative feedback grind you down, take constructive criticism in the spirit it's given, and take some thanks from customers who appreciate the good you've created and the fun you've provided.

Glad to happily rotate between this and Assetto Corsa as my mood fits accepting both do aspects of driving simulation extremely well.

Well done, and thanks !

EDIT: I'm 46 by the way so can identify with the OP. Been gaming since the old Atari console and Commodore 64. Oh my, how far have we come ! Anyone for Pong?

LPlates
13-10-2017, 12:06
@Ian Bell
I’d also like to add to this sentiment. Please pass along these thoughts to your team.

I’m 40 and have been gaming/racing since the days of Atari and Amiga. I grew up on the likes of Gran Turismo and Toca and organised a league on PCars 1 that was very successful.

PCars 2 has its issues, this isn’t a secret but for every 1 moment of frustration there are 3 moments of pure joy. You have the makings of a landmark racing game here. Keep up the good work.

Never before have I enjoyed racing the elements and I’ve stuck to dry tracks and midday sun. Now I find myself looking forward to the ever changing conditions that your Live Track 3 offers.
The feeling of ‘being in a motorsport’ is greatly improved and the level of immersion is at a new level for me.
I’m on PS4 with the T300RS. I’m actually tempted to go out and get the upgraded pedals, shifter (for that rally handbrake!) and even a button box so I can get even more out of this experience.

Well done to the team. Keep hammering those bugs and don’t be demotivated by some of the hurt. Its easy to complain but much harder to offer constructive criticism. The level of ‘entitlement’ with some people astounds me and your team doesn’t deserve most of what has been levelled at them.

Konan
13-10-2017, 12:17
Thanks for the kind words all...really makes a change to the usual posts we see...:cool:

Roger Prynne
13-10-2017, 12:21
I see a trend here, the older and more mature guys are really polite and appreciative even when they recognize that there are bugs and things are not quite as they expected.
We come from a different era where respect for things was much better than it is now with the younger generation.

Keep em coming guys.

Konan
13-10-2017, 12:24
We are used to "it'll come when it'll come" while the young generation is raised in a "satisfy me now" society...

AndysonofBob
13-10-2017, 12:33
To the op

I just want to say, "Yes mate!"

Jezza819
13-10-2017, 12:53
I see a trend here, the older and more mature guys are really polite and appreciative even when they recognize that there are bugs and things are not quite as they expected.
We come from a different era where respect for things was much better than it is now with the younger generation.

Keep em coming guys.

A video game with a few problems is far from being the most stressful thing in my life. It's not worth losing your mind over. Like Konan said, "it'll come when it'll come". I'm 52.

RoccoTTS
13-10-2017, 13:27
I also want give a big thumbs up for the whole SMS team and especially everyone who was involved in the complete driving model (physics, ffb, tyre model,...)
It's so fun just to take a car to a track and explore it's driving characteristics. So many cars and tracks to choose from. I'm sure i'm gonna have fun for long time with this game.

weerufus
13-10-2017, 13:44
exactly, I'm in the same boat, approaching age45 & my 1st computer was a ZX spectrum.

Most of my racing was Gran Turismo on the Ps2(can't remember which GT- maybe 2or3?) then i moved to Xbox with Project Gotham>Forza>PCars.(& a few others in there such as test drive etc but thats the bulk of it)

I remember back in the GT days talking to a friend saying this is the best game ever & it couldn't be beaten - but obviously things evolve & PC2 is yet another step up, it really is amazing with a steering wheel & FFB how real it feels compared to the "old days".

Off on a slight tangent(not worth starting another thread) one thing I've thought for a while is that from memory no games seem to have much emphasis on showing a track map with named corners etc - certainly not essential to the game but would be a nice addition from an education point of view, I'm sure were all car/race nuts on here so would be nice to see where the Masta Kink on Historic Spa is for example.

riverreveal
13-10-2017, 13:44
I just want to say thank you for not jumping on the lootbox bandwagon. Its good to see a developer who values the community that have helped them become the game they are, without milking their consumers for every penny they can get.

xtro
13-10-2017, 13:49
I don't see anything wrong with complaining when it's time to complain and saying thank you when the work is well done.

Mad Al
13-10-2017, 13:55

Keep em coming guys.

Yep, the youth of today..... hate to think what they'll be like when they get to your age Roger..

(I'm still, not quite, middle aged.. apparently. I have to wait for next year when I get to 55, maybe I'll show some maturity by then.. or at least stop taking the piss out of old people.. well... Roger ;))

pcars rookie
13-10-2017, 13:55

Keep em coming guys.

Roger you may be right.
I am 60 and find sometimes people are so quick to be negative.
Everyone involved at SMS including forum moderators, I say thank you and job well done.

ccvampyre
13-10-2017, 14:13
I thought there was a love in thread but i can't find it..

I would like to say a big thank you for this patch and moreover to the team for being so adventurous and un comprimising with their vision of a racing game.

compared to the likes of D4 this game is incredible in terms of options and content.

sure there are some issues (greatly depleated by this patch),

but i can't help but be extremely greatful that a genuine attempt to make a comprehensive sim for consoles has been made.
and indeed the dev team are being responsive to users..

ive played certain games series for years and they never get what users ask for, so to have a team that reponds literally within weeks is worth noting for sure!!

thank you all.

great vision, great game.

jimortality
13-10-2017, 15:23
Well I'm 54 and started gaming in 1978 on Pong! then moved onto the Commodore 64 where we used to have to load the cassette, go and have your tea then it would be loaded lol. Every current gen game gets released with some sort of issues but the youtube stuff I've watched so far on Pcars 2 all I've seen is people having a lot of fun and whoa moments. Unfortunately, in todays sim racing world there is a lot of snobbery and people looking down on other people and their choice of sim which in turn makes forums a volatile place at times. This sim is bloody amazing and If you look beneath the exterior, you will see a labour of love from Ian and the team and it is something very special in my opinion anyway. I love the immersive ffb, I love what Jack has added and I'm spoilt for choice with different settings. There are other sims I like but they have mostly been deleted because even at my age, I can see a forward thinking company and SMS are definitely that so thank you from me as well.

Reaper06GT
13-10-2017, 16:07
I have to echo all the thank you's in this thread. I have never played a racing game that was so realistic and enjoyable. I am in my mid 30's and have been playing racing games since Rad Racer on NES. It is amazing what you have done here and hope that you keep making an already great product even better. The immersion is amazing and I am not even playing in VR. A middle of the road PC with a 65" Samsung TV and a steering wheel and I am literally sweating by the time I finish playing- my wife thinks something is wrong with me but I think she doesnt know any better. I'm considering picking up the TP3A pedal upgrade now too ;)

roddypoddy
13-10-2017, 16:10
This 63 year old,more mature( thats a laugh) gamer would like to add his twopennethworth.Thank you all involved,i am playing a title with so many features,and so much quality content that i feel like the spoilt kid at the party,and believe me i have had my hopes for games i have played in the past shattered more than once.
Lets all tell everyone we know how great a game this is,and give the people with the skills and experience all the encouragement we can,that way we all win,company,and customers.

Madhun67
13-10-2017, 16:27
big thanks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 50 here,and been playing games since 1997 and signed on with WMD in 2011.Awesome sim,especially now with all the added content.Rally X is amazing,and has the best physics,bar none.
If you bought it ,hate it, then sell it.Honestly though if youre a true car/sim enthusiast how can you complain,and not just relax ,sit back and drive and enjoy what people with talent have created for your sorry ass ;)

RoccoTTS
13-10-2017, 16:32
Wow this looks like a retirement home here with all these old folks, at 50 i'm feeling like a youngster :p

GTsimms
13-10-2017, 16:39
Wow this looks like a retirement home here with all these old folks, at 50 i'm feeling like a youngster :p

I will be 40 in a few days. So, I'm looking like a young one here!

John Hargreaves
13-10-2017, 16:56
Really interesting to read this thread, 53 here, and thinking just how far games have come in such a short time is pretty mindblowing. I was only telling my daughter yesterday that when I went to uni, mid 80s, we didn't have a single computer in the place.

Tell that to the kids of today and they won't believe you. All together now: "You were lucky!"..

cpcdem
13-10-2017, 17:52
Ah, all those people with their silly Commodores and Spectrums..nobody on the Amstrad CPCs? :)
I was on that (duh!), wrote my little racing games in it. Super Racer I, II and III :)

Unfortunately I wasn't into sim racing until lately, but boy, what a perfect timing, with the release of PC2!
Good opportunity to say it again, big congrats for this release, after some more polishing and bug fixing, the sky is the limit with this game..

Madhun67
13-10-2017, 18:54
i got it for rally x ,offline.For me its perfect right now,and the bugs im sure will be worked on .I also tried all kinds of menus in the game,and havent had issues with what i enjoy.

Konan
13-10-2017, 19:14
Cleaned up the thread...let's not let it derail like some other ones please...