PDA

View Full Version : Can not assign more than one button?

Karl87
13-10-2017, 05:03
I want to be able to assign shift up and down to both the wheel paddles and the sequential shifter, is this possible? If not it should be, if so how do I do it?

ecstaticbrick
13-10-2017, 06:40
Can you not uses Auto Hotkey or some other macro program?

Siberian Tiger
13-10-2017, 07:09
Not yet... We had Multiple Input Assignments in the WMD Beta Builds. (But it was not working correctly)

I think it might return with a Patch. But it's for sure not a High Priority atm.

mr.four
13-10-2017, 07:22
I want to be able to assign shift up and down to both the wheel paddles and the sequential shifter, is this possible? If not it should be, if so how do I do it?

Another user pointed me towards a simple program called JoyToKey that assigns keyboard keys to joystick inputs and it's great. I have used it to map keys to both a sequential shifter and a button box.

For example, I set [ and ] to the paddles and shifter in the program. I then set those two keys for shift-up and shift-down in the game and it works perfectly.

I'm hoping I won't need to do this with the analog handbrake I'm currently building as I'm not sure how I'd go about mapping keys to it.

finagle69
13-10-2017, 16:43
Another user pointed me towards a simple program called JoyToKey that assigns keyboard keys to joystick inputs and it's great. I have used it to map keys to both a sequential shifter and a button box.

For example, I set [ and ] to the paddles and shifter in the program. I then set those two keys for shift-up and shift-down in the game and it works perfectly.

I'm hoping I won't need to do this with the analog handbrake I'm currently building as I'm not sure how I'd go about mapping keys to it.

You're welcome ;)

I don't think I understand the issue with your handbrake. What exactly do you wish to accomplish? Joy2Key is able to do analog axis as well, but you should only need one handbrake... unless you have two?

Karl87
13-10-2017, 21:37
Although I hate work arounds I will give it a shot.

peterCars
14-10-2017, 02:29
can this game handle multiple controllers like wheel/pedals AND a joystick?

Celebdactyl
14-10-2017, 11:38
can this game handle multiple controllers like wheel/pedals AND a joystick?

I connected Wheel and pedals seperately and a seperate shifter (so 3 devices) No Problem.

Fanapryde
04-11-2017, 23:07
I also use JoyToKey to get my paddles/HE SQ shifter and the Fanatec SQ shifter working at the same time.
But for some reason I can't get a hold of, it does not work any more in pCars2 !?
In AMS, R3E and AC it still works fine.

In rF2 also, but there you have multiple input assignments option...

peterCars
05-11-2017, 01:39
I also use JoyToKey to get my paddles/HE SQ shifter and the Fanatec SQ shifter working at the same time.
But for some reason I can't get a hold of, it does not work any more in pCars2 !?
In AMS, R3E and AC it still works fine.

In rF2 also, but there you have multiple input assignments option...

tried installing and reinstaling joy2key or maybe just it's config files . I havent installed it yet, so I shall definitely do a full drive backup before and after.

Process monitor should be able to see where they are being written to. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon

Alan Dallas
05-11-2017, 02:19
What gear are you using?
I'm curious because when hooking my Thrustmaster TH8A directly to my TX(via the DIN cable) with the TH8A in sequential mode, it treats the + as the same as the wheels Paddle R1 and - to Paddle L1. If I hook up the TH8A as a stand alone USB device then no key mapping multiple buttons to the same function in game.
Edit: I should note the only time the TH8A works through the DIN port on PC is when it's in Sequential mode. For H-Patteren I have to connect as a USB device.

Fanapryde
05-11-2017, 10:02
tried installing and reinstaling joy2key or maybe just it's config files . I havent installed it yet, so I shall definitely do a full drive backup before and after.

Process monitor should be able to see where they are being written to. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/downloads/procmon
Yes, tried that too, though it was not necessary since it works OK in other sims.
You can check the config files (and where they are being written to) in JoyToKey. No need for external program.

Edit: got it working again, by editing the button assignment. I had the up/down gears mapped to arrow up/arrow down (which worked fine until a while ago - still works for the other sims). Changed the shifters to left and right square brackets and that did the trick. Had to change it for the other sims too.

R-VR Closet
17-01-2019, 21:51
Yes, tried that too, though it was not necessary since it works OK in other sims.
You can check the config files (and where they are being written to) in JoyToKey. No need for external program.

Edit: got it working again, by editing the button assignment. I had the up/down gears mapped to arrow up/arrow down (which worked fine until a while ago - still works for the other sims). Changed the shifters to left and right square brackets and that did the trick. Had to change it for the other sims too.

Is this still working for you?
I'm having issues with sequential inputs as well! And only in pCars2.. .

I use Yoy2key and have a G27 shifter, SHH shifter, Fanatec SQ shifter and a Heusinkveld sequential shifter connected.

I have no isues with the H pattern shifters, I can freely pick if I wan't to shift with my g27, SHH or Fanatec shifter.
But for some reason I can only use my shifter paddles on the wheel or my Fanatec SQ shifter for sequential shifting, when I try to use my SHH in sequential mode, or my Heusinkveld nothing happens??..
I have the sequential shifts set to U and D, and have also tried to remapp only the SHH or Heusinkveld to the inputs, but still only the Fanatec SQ and paddles that are working, even though I have changed the inputs in game.
It's like pCars 2 overrides the inputs comming from my Fanatec gear even though I'm trying to use other inputs.. .

Have also tried to set sequential shifting to upp and down arrows, and only on the Heusinkveld, but same results..

satco1066
17-01-2019, 22:29
many buttons of a keyboard have fixed prefined functions. Maybe your joy2key settings interfere and you should find some buttons that haven't.
Fanapryde seems to have found some.

R-VR Closet
18-01-2019, 02:27
many buttons of a keyboard have fixed prefined functions. Maybe your joy2key settings interfere and you should find some buttons that haven't.
Fanapryde seems to have found some.

But the weird thing is that the paddle shifters and Fanatec SQ shifter still works in sequential mode..

Mahjik
18-01-2019, 02:44
Have you tried using the "Custom Wheel" profile?

Fanapryde
18-01-2019, 09:59
Is this still working for you?

I changed to OSW (Simucube/Small Mige/SSRG custom wheel), still use a Fanatec CSW shifter (for H-pattern) and a Heusinkveld SQ shifter.
Mapped $ and ^ for shift up and down in JoyToKey (while pCars UI then shows ] and [ (same keys though) and everything works as expected. Wheel paddles, SQ shifter do what they are supposed to do... :)

R-VR Closet
18-01-2019, 20:33
I changed to OSW (Simucube/Small Mige/SSRG custom wheel), still use a Fanatec CSW shifter (for H-pattern) and a Heusinkveld SQ shifter.
Mapped $ and ^ for shift up and down in JoyToKey (while pCars UI then shows ] and [ (same keys though) and everything works as expected. Wheel paddles, SQ shifter do what they are supposed to do... :)

Nope, does not work..
I have set up a new Yoy2key and only added my HE and tried all buttons I have on my keyboard, but nope, still only paddles and F SQ working.
Even with the up / down cleared in game, that would mean I shouldn't be able to sequential shift. Fanatec paddles and SQ shifter still works!?...

R-VR Closet
18-01-2019, 20:35

You mean not to have my Fanatec selected in controller options?

R-VR Closet
19-01-2019, 10:17

Just tried to set a custom wheel profile and this worked! Thank you so, so much!!!! :triumphant:

Azure Flare
21-01-2019, 02:14
But the weird thing is that the paddle shifters and Fanatec SQ shifter still works in sequential mode..

That's a feature that Fanatec has in the profiler. The paddle shifters and sequential mode both are the same button.

R-VR Closet
22-01-2019, 00:57
That's a feature that Fanatec has in the profiler. The paddle shifters and sequential mode both are the same button.

Yeah, but they shouldn't if you haven't got them assigned..