PDA

View Full Version : Private Messaging Broken?

Dealman
13-10-2017, 06:57
So is it just me or are sent private messages on these forums not stored at all? Or are only PM conversations I initiate saved in the sent items folder? I can't see a single reply that I've sent and this is particularly bad since this forum has a logout timer of like what, 30 seconds? :p

Siberian Tiger
13-10-2017, 06:59
AFAIK, the Sent Items Folder is empty because of Storage Memory.

But sendig is working, and if the User over there leave the Quote in the Replay, there should be no Problem to get the History of the PM Chat.

Fanapryde
13-10-2017, 07:00
No issue here.

Dealman
13-10-2017, 07:28
AFAIK, the Sent Items Folder is empty because of Storage Memory.

But sendig is working, and if the User over there leave the Quote in the Replay, there should be no Problem to get the History of the PM Chat.

Dunno, I only have 5 messages stored in my inbox, sent items is empty despite me having replied to other PMs.

Maybe my account is bugged? In my inbox I have 4 windows/frames, Ibox, Display Options, Folder Controls and Icon Legend. In sent items, I only have the last 2.

Bealdor
13-10-2017, 07:51
Control Panel -> General Settings -> "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default"

Dealman
13-10-2017, 07:53
Control Panel -> General Settings -> "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default"

Thanks! Shouldn't that be on by default, though...?

Roger Prynne
13-10-2017, 07:58
So is it just me or are sent private messages on these forums not stored at all? Or are only PM conversations I initiate saved in the sent items folder? I can't see a single reply that I've sent and this is particularly bad since this forum has a logout timer of like what, 30 seconds? :p

Also when does this logout occur?
When in the Private Messages section or just in general?

Thanks! Shouldn't that be on by default, though...?
No

Dealman
13-10-2017, 08:12
Also when does this logout occur?
When in the Private Messages section or just in general?

Usually whilst in the process of writing replies either to a thread or a PM. Luckily I always copy my messages before I post it. ;)

Any reason for it not being on by default? As far as I can recall each and every other forum I've been a member of has always saved a copy of your sent messages.

Bealdor
13-10-2017, 08:17
Tick the little "Remember me" box to not get logged out anymore.

Dealman
13-10-2017, 08:26
Tick the little "Remember me" box to not get logged out anymore.

Well, yeah. Thanks. :rolleyes: I do want it to log me out after some time whilst at work, just feels as though the logout timer is a bit too over the top when you can't even write a reply without getting logged out. I guess I might be spoiled as I'm used to InvisionPower's forum software which is IMHO the best by far.

Either way, it should save my replies now which is what I wanted.