PDA

View Full Version : Longer instant replays

odemode
13-10-2017, 10:39
Hi dude, any chance you can extend the replay time longer than 2 mins so we can watch full laps especially on Nordschleife.

That's all for now great game just needs a few tweaks.

rosko
13-10-2017, 10:42
+1
also an option to save this replay.

Djinn
13-10-2017, 10:52
AFAIK it should work when you do a normal race on the Nordschleife where you should be able to save the full replay afterwards.

odemode
13-10-2017, 10:55
AFAIK it should work when you do a normal race on the Nordschleife where you should be able to save the full replay afterwards.

I'm on about practice or time trial

Ian Bell
13-10-2017, 10:56
Hi dude, any chance you can extend the replay time longer than 2 mins so we can watch full laps especially on Nordschleife.

That's all for now great game just needs a few tweaks.

You can if you let it finish. It's just an 'instant replay' restriction. All about memory management.

odemode
13-10-2017, 10:58
You can if you let it finish. It's just an 'instant replay' restriction. All about memory management.

In time trial??

Bealdor
13-10-2017, 10:59
No, only in races.

odemode
13-10-2017, 11:00
Back to my original question then. Us hot lappers like to upload PIPs with external and internal footage of our laps. Can't do this unless the replay option is extended

odemode
13-10-2017, 11:16
Anyone?? At least inform us if it'll ever be extended so we can have it to look forward to

OperatorWay
13-10-2017, 11:47
Back to my original question then. Us hot lappers like to upload PIPs with external and internal footage of our laps. Can't do this unless the replay option is extended

If saving full-length replays only works in races (not time trial), can you do a custom single-player offline race and select zero as the number of opponents (essentially 'racing' by yourself) to get a replay?

Djinn
13-10-2017, 11:49
If saving full-length replays only works in races (not time trial), can you do a custom single-player offline race and select zero as the number of opponents (essentially 'racing' by yourself) to get a replay?

Yes, this way it definitely should work. But I'm not sure yet if setting number of opponents to zero is possible in offline races.

odemode
13-10-2017, 11:53
But I want my time trial lap recorded not a custom race. If a replay can be saved in race why can it not be saved in time trial. What is the issue that stops us having this feature??

Bealdor
13-10-2017, 11:54
But I want my time trial lap recorded not a custom race. If a replay can be saved in race why can it not be saved in time trial. What is the issue that stops us having this feature??

Because replays that are available after the race are handled differently than live replays.
As Ian said, it's all about memory management.

rosko
13-10-2017, 11:58
memory management or just lack of memory on consoles?

odemode
13-10-2017, 11:59
I'm fine with that but he didn't answer whether or not it would be introduced. It works fine on Assetto. It's just a feature I'm hoping will be added but if it's not I think we should be told. I understand some things are included and some are not but I prefer to know and not told of a work around

skipptg
13-10-2017, 12:03
Why not just use GeForce Experience Instant Replay or similar? Mine continuously records the last 20 mins.

You can see why these poor devs can't win. IR in the game is completely off my radar, yet to others it's really important. <shrug>

SharpEyez
13-10-2017, 12:03
I'd be nice if it records sessions to our HDD or SSD and lets us save the ones we want to keep. So for example if the user selects save replay it'll save, if the user does not, the pre recorded replay will be wiped. So it'll only save once the user selects "save replay"

Is this an idea?

4dri3l
13-10-2017, 12:19
that would be really appreciated but never gonna happen...

rosko
13-10-2017, 12:21
Why not just use GeForce Experience Instant Replay or similar? Mine continuously records the last 20 mins.

You can see why these poor devs can't win. IR in the game is completely off my radar, yet to others it's really important. <shrug>

if its not important to you then why comment & white knight the devs? replays are a fundamental feature of sims imo so it's a worthy discussion.

skipptg
13-10-2017, 12:30
Why comment? Because it's a discussion forum, and also there are other options available to you until such time the replay system is fixed/changed/whatever.

There is a *lot* of entitled whining on here (not aimed at you). They can't win. Except perhaps by not releasing the game at all until it's 100% QA'd.

odemode
13-10-2017, 13:21

I'm on console so I only have one option and that's not an option. I get IR isn't that important but as I spend most of my time hot lapping and running a time trial league I like to edit and post laps I have done. I also like to put together laps of me and my group members as a split screen just for fun. All these options are taken away from me if I can't even watch a full replay

skipptg
13-10-2017, 13:41
I hadn't noticed your platform - it's a fair comment. I like to make videos of my laps to I just do it the other way open to me on PC.

odemode
13-10-2017, 13:46
I hadn't noticed your platform - it's a fair comment. I like to make videos of my laps to I just do it the other way open to me on PC.

The only option I have is to DVR or broadcast but then I can't watch any external angles of my lap.

This is the kinda stuff I enjoy doing https://youtu.be/u3IogsZzs6U