PDA

View Full Version : AI pace in RX and RX Lite

LPlates
13-10-2017, 11:29
I've been following the RX career path both before and since patch 2. I play on PS4 std.

I'm don't think I'm particularly fast and probably have one spin for every 2 races, just to give an idea of my level.

What I've have seen is that even with the AI on 120% / 50% agg I am beating them easily. Even if I have an off I can usually recover and still win.
The experience is similar in RX and RX Lite but is particularly worse if it's raining, where I sometimes even lap them in a 4 lap qualifier.

I've using the default car setup for the Focus at the moment and not being challenged hardly at all. There isn't really any need to tune the car.

I've noticed also that after patch 2.0 it sometimes puts me on dry tires even though it is raining and forecast to continue.

If I put the AI over 90% for non rally I get murdered. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

Djinn
13-10-2017, 11:47
Yes, RX and RX Lite is way too easy. I drove these career events with 120% AI strength too and won every race easily like you. I'm sure this will get addressed in a future patch when the time is right. :)

But these cars are so much fun. I'd like to drive some online races with them, but haven't found a lobby yet with RX/RXL. Maybe I should just open one myself. :D

Lilfurbal
17-10-2017, 16:40
I hope this gets properly addressed. I am generally playing around around 40 difficulty for the other career disciplines I've done, however 120 for rallycross and I've been lapping the AI on some tracks. It feels great, and it'd be fun if I could race within the pack but I can't unless I drive uncomfortably slow. Definitely different from the AI performance in Dirt Rally and Dirt 4. I won't do anymore of the rallycross career until the difficulty is addressed as it is incredibly boring as it is. I require being challenged lol.

B8 Andy
22-10-2017, 22:53
Guys ive been running all my races at around 60 difficulty and to the most part been having some really good races although the difference on some tracks is a bit random, but now Ive started the RX lites championship and Im totally wiping the floor with them Ive put my difficulty to the max 120 and Im winning by 17 secs and Im no pro is this a known bug ?

B8 Andy
23-10-2017, 06:18
Can anyone shed any light on this?

Janneman60
23-10-2017, 06:40
Yes the AI in rallycross us not good. I always get left behind at the start unless I gamble with the startlight. But I pass them all in the first corner and win easy. What I also miss in rallycross is a decent damage mode.

Janneman60
23-10-2017, 06:43
Yes, RX and RX Lite is way too easy. I drove these career events with 120% AI strength too and won every race easily like you. I'm sure this will get addressed in a future patch when the time is right. :)

But these cars are so much fun. I'd like to drive some online races with them, but haven't found a lobby yet with RX/RXL. Maybe I should just open one myself. :D

Most days about 8 (gmt) there is online rx with #nocontrol join if you are a fair driver.

B8 Andy
23-10-2017, 09:25
So is this a known bug and is it likely to be fixed ?

Madhun67
23-10-2017, 13:37
So is this a known bug and is it likely to be fixed ?

whats a lot of fun for me is i set up time attack with the ghost of the world record......................hes got like 4 seconds on me at each track:)

B8 Andy
23-10-2017, 20:03
I'm guessing by the lack of response this is going to go by the bye ��

LPlates
23-10-2017, 23:17
I've seen no official word on RX AI but the general consensus is its too easy.

Lilfurbal
24-10-2017, 15:23
It is interesting that this topic is so under-discussed and un-addressed. It ruins an entire discipline for single player play just because there is no challenge. Is the current AI difficulty a design choice? And if so, why? Will it be enhanced? I'd love to do the rallycross career properly.

Additionally I'd also like to be able to do a proper rallycross event in custom mode, with all the heats, as it's played out in career. And to top it all off would love to be able to make a custom single player championship with endless variables :) But not until the AI difficulty is appropriate.

Keena
24-10-2017, 15:32
So that plus the issues of the tyres in Formula C effectively renders 50% of the tier 2 career pointless. Grrrrr!! I spent 10 mins after finishing Ginetta trying to decide what to go for next. Its a shame my decision making process wasn't based more on "whats the most fun" and less on "whats the least broken"...
I know I know, theyre not "broken" but you understand what I mean..

Cant wait for the fixes to this stuff. It'll be mega once its all tidied up..

Keena
24-10-2017, 16:10
In the interests of balance, 5th championship, 5th time I've said to myself "ooh this is a nice car. New favorite".. this game just keeps on bringing that smile to my face :)

Lilfurbal
24-10-2017, 16:13
What's interesting is that rallycross is probably one of the best implemented disciplines with the least issues. Generally don't have to worry about AI pileups, weird AI pit strategies (or pit strategies at all), formation or cooldown lap issues with AI, and here's it's much more acceptable for the AI to hit you and you to hit them if that's what it comes to~ so the penalties seem minimal. But while rallycross is exempt from these issues, the AI is absurdly easy and you're really just hot lopping on your own for several heats until the championship ends. And you don't even get heats in custom race mode. No discipline is perfect gameplay wise at this time it seems. But it will be lovely if everything gets corrected :)

Doug914
25-10-2017, 12:00
So are you gents saying that only career mode they are generally slow in, but in non-career race the pace is reasonable? Be specific please. Times, tracks, etc.

LPlates
25-10-2017, 14:18
So are you gents saying that only career mode they are generally slow in, but in non-career race the pace is reasonable? Be specific please. Times, tracks, etc.

I have only raced the AI in career RX but it was every race in all conditions but worse by a mile in the wet.

Lilfurbal
25-10-2017, 14:24

No, they have been entirely too slow in every situation I have played that involves AI in any way. Just looking at the first RX Lites in the career mode, every track of the entire championship regardless of weather conditions or time they were too slow at maxed out difficulty (120). They seem to be entirely unable to keep pace, some tracks you can end up lapping the AI pretty easily. (I didn't do any ice racing yet).

This youtube video someone made seems to demonstrate the Rallycross AI in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn1d0oX6Ua4

That's pretty much how they have been on every rallycross track. I'd maybe expect that type of difficulty if it were set to 0, but I'm not sure that's how they should be at 120 lol. Hopefully this can be addressed though :)

gregc
25-10-2017, 14:41
No, they have been entirely too slow in every situation I have played that involves AI in any way. Just looking at the first RX Lites in the career mode, every track of the entire championship regardless of weather conditions or time they were too slow at maxed out difficulty (120). They seem to be entirely unable to keep pace, some tracks you can end up lapping the AI pretty easily. (I didn't do any ice racing yet).

This youtube video someone made seems to demonstrate the Rallycross AI in action:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kn1d0oX6Ua4

That's pretty much how they have been on every rallycross track. I'd maybe expect that type of difficulty if it were set to 0, but I'm not sure that's how they should be at 120 lol. Hopefully this can be addressed though :)

This is still all career mode though. What about if you run a custom RX race outside of the career?

plabersins
25-10-2017, 15:02
I tried racing against the AI at Daytona (not career mode) with max difficulty and got absolutely destroyed. I thought I was half decent, too.

Lilfurbal
25-10-2017, 15:13
This is still all career mode though. What about if you run a custom RX race outside of the career?

I did two custom RX races and the AI seemed the same as in career using RX lites. The custom races don't follow the correct rallycross format though, which already tends to make them not really interesting. I have not done a custom RX race on a track I have done in career with similar career conditions at this time though to see how they directly compare.

JakeDiggitty
25-10-2017, 15:20
i have been running custom 6 lap custom quick races with AI at about 75-90% and 100% aggression, and have found them to be fast and competitive on most tracks. This is in the 600hp WRC cars in clear weather. Not sure about rain,or RX lites, or career mode... but this seems to be exaggerated or largely fixed for the 600hp WRC cars in custom wuick races (AI was properly Fast here). I even loaded up snow and found the AI to be workikg well in snow on the tracks I tried.

Nonetheless I always welcome better AI, but AI in Rallycross has been working well.

Doug914
25-10-2017, 15:27
Looks like it might be limited to the Lites. Not entirely clear yet. But I'll look at those career and custom race scenarios. Thanks Gents.

Lilfurbal
25-10-2017, 15:28
I don't enjoy the custom RX races as they have no heats, and there's no single player championship mode, so it all just seems rather uninteresting. However on those notes, in theory the difficulty of RX in career (with all the qualification heats and finals) should actually get more difficult as you progress. They seem to in Dirt 4's rallycross, whereas the AI difficulty of the first heat is generally a bit easier than the AI difficulty of the semi-finals and finals. However currently every heat is equally super easy.

However maybe it was attempted to simulate the gradual increase in AI difficult between heats and something got lost along the way? Or that is not even attempted to be simulated and it's just a series of repeated races on the same track with no real difference. I wish you could select the option to create a proper rallycross event in custom mode but that isn't really the issue at hand here anyway. Rallycross AI in career mode definitely could use some buffing up :)

Looks like it might be limited to the Lites. Not entirely clear yet. But I'll look at those career and custom race scenarios. Thanks Gents.

I haven't actually done the career in the full supercars yet, I stopped after the first rallycross championship as it was a bit silly. Maybe it doesn't apply to the higher end cars, but I never confirmed that myself at this time.

LPlates
25-10-2017, 15:50

It is definitely not limited to the Lites but after testing this again it does appear to be limited to Career.....for me.

Here is a replay from my RX Career in the Focus. AI on max skill and I just walk away from them. I'm not even very good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pLhmyIRAZI&t=47s

However on custom race with the same settings I am getting murdered. This seems to have its own issue though, it is like they have super powers. Even if I jump the lights they get away from me by several car lengths before the first corner and they can make the turns at impossible speeds, even mid slide they just suddenly find some magic grip and go round the corner.

Doug914
25-10-2017, 16:20
A quick look and I've found the reason this car is slow in career (its fine in custom race). It's cutting the chosen ability way down - like almost 1/2 what you choose.. I'll update you when we figure out the fix. Thanks for all the reports Gents!

Lilfurbal
25-10-2017, 16:39
A quick look and I've found the reason this car is slow in career (its fine in custom race). It's cutting the chosen ability way down - like almost 1/2 what you choose.. I'll update you when we figure out the fix. Thanks for all the reports Gents!

Success! Thank you :)

LPlates
25-10-2017, 18:23
Some people have the nerve to accuse SMS of not listening to the community.
Ian should bookmark this for future use.

Thanks for listening Doug, good find!

Although part me was hoping I was just that good.....damnit