PDA

View Full Version : Patch a good step forward

Keena
13-10-2017, 13:10
I think the patch is a good step forward. I know people are saying it's difficult to figure out what's been fixed, but I am noticing quite a bit. Tyres are much better- pressures, camber and caster are now a big deal, ai pace in race and off the line is much better, and a lot more besides.
I know there will be more patches coming.
I also didn't appreciate the structure of these forums. I thought it was the official forum and so the official way of communicating to the company, and that mods are paid up reps of sms. I now know this isn't so, and have come to appreciate the difficult job that they do, for free.
Before the patch came out, I was as guilty as others of allowing my frustration to get the better of me, and by not understanding the function and structure of this forum and how it goes in to SMS, throwing some pretty unwarranted anger at the wrong people. Id like to apologise publicly for that here, and say again that the devs and sms have produced a game with bugs for sure, but one which imho absolutely is setting the benchmark for the future. The game honestly brings a grin to my face.
Lastly as a result of letting my frustrations get the better of me, I got banned from this forum. That in itself I can live with, and I fully expect it to happen again as soon as this last sentence is read. But I hope before that happens, people who I might have upset know that I apologise unreservedly for that. It was because I fundamentally misunderstood how the forum worked.
Have a good day all, and don't lose faith. I think this game is going to be ground breaking in the long term.

whip
13-10-2017, 13:13
how can anyone say its a good patch when we don't know what was changed?, most of the most complained about bugs are still present

Lars Rosenquist
13-10-2017, 13:21
how can anyone say its a good patch when we don't know what was changed?
Play the game and see the improvements for yourself? You're beating a dead horse there, no other notes will be coming, whether we like it or not. So play the game and check for yourself. Or stay here and complain, your choice.

GenBrien
13-10-2017, 13:24
how can anyone say its a good patch when we don't know what was changed?, most of the most complained about bugs are still present

are you for real?!
there is a topic with the change note http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55001-Project-CARS-2-PC-Patch-2-0-Release-notes

+ there was this one before it was closed http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?55181-What-actually-changed-in-Patch-2-0

Peally
13-10-2017, 14:02
The game is actually non functional for me since the patch with the weird slowdown/speedup warpy bug thing with any AI on the track, but I'm still glad there's regular patching and I'm sure it'll end up just fine. People get way too emotionally invested and ticked off over what is just a video game. It'll get there, and when it does it'll be a good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

Mad Al
13-10-2017, 14:37
The game is actually non functional for me since the patch with the weird slowdown/speedup warpy bug thing with any AI on the track, but I'm still glad there's regular patching and I'm sure it'll end up just fine. People get way too emotionally invested and ticked off over what is just a video game. It'll get there, and when it does it'll be a good time.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xzpndHtdl9A

10 posts, several saying you are having warp type issues with more than a couple of AI and not one actually says what your PC specs are?...

Would you like some help or do you want to just come back after each patch and expect it to suddenly work on whatever you have for a PC ?

Peally
13-10-2017, 14:43
When I'm not at work I'll pop in the tech forums some time; just letting others know if they see it they're not the only one, and if they have a tip or interesting info that's great.

I don't expect anything, I'm not one of those guys that sits and jams on F5 all day expecting immediate solutions and answers. Life's too short.

Mad Al
13-10-2017, 14:46
When I'm not at work I'll pop in the tech forums some time; just letting others know if they see it they're not the only one, and if they have a tip or interesting info that's great.

I don't expect anything, I'm not one of those guys that sits and jams on F5 all day expecting immediate solutions and answers. Life's too short.

Well, generally, warping is down to the simple issue of an underpowered CPU... hence asking about specs

Roger Prynne
13-10-2017, 14:49
@Peally... Just post your system specs so we can try and help, if you don't want to do that then stop with the same complaint multiple times.

Peally
13-10-2017, 14:50
Well, generally, warping is down to the simple issue of an underpowered CPU... hence asking about specs

No worries, it's entirely possible. I don't even remember what I have off hand, I'd have to be home :)

Roger Prynne
13-10-2017, 14:55
I think the patch is a good step forward. I know people are saying it's difficult to figure out what's been fixed, but I am noticing quite a bit. Tyres are much better- pressures, camber and caster are now a big deal, ai pace in race and off the line is much better, and a lot more besides.
I know there will be more patches coming.
I also didn't appreciate the structure of these forums. I thought it was the official forum and so the official way of communicating to the company, and that mods are paid up reps of sms. I now know this isn't so, and have come to appreciate the difficult job that they do, for free.
Before the patch came out, I was as guilty as others of allowing my frustration to get the better of me, and by not understanding the function and structure of this forum and how it goes in to SMS, throwing some pretty unwarranted anger at the wrong people. Id like to apologise publicly for that here, and say again that the devs and sms have produced a game with bugs for sure, but one which imho absolutely is setting the benchmark for the future. The game honestly brings a grin to my face.
Lastly as a result of letting my frustrations get the better of me, I got banned from this forum. That in itself I can live with, and I fully expect it to happen again as soon as this last sentence is read. But I hope before that happens, people who I might have upset know that I apologise unreservedly for that. It was because I fundamentally misunderstood how the forum worked.
Have a good day all, and don't lose faith. I think this game is going to be ground breaking in the long term.

Just keep yourself in line and we might let it go this time, and thanks for the apology.
Good job I'm in a forgiving mood today (apart from whip of course) :rolleyes: