PDA

View Full Version : Time Trial Track Difference?

binarywarrior
13-10-2017, 13:11
Is there supposed to be difference between e.g. Private testing and Time Trial track conditions? I have only 1 degrees more in track temp and few kph more wind basically private testing is default.

The track I am using is Monza and I am trying to do some serious car testing to get the other GT3 to Ferrari speeds.

The problems I am running into are many but the real problem I have is that in private testing and in MP, I can make a setup to the low 1:46, when I take this setup to Time Trial I cannot brake or turn the same there is serious difference in grip.

Well first I could not drive at all because the time trial start point is very wrong, I began reversing back up the straight anyway... so just move it up the straight pls. Secondly my tires begin at temps never seen again whilst I am driving +100 degrees. After fighting with these issues and wasting time trying to make the condition for a lap good, the car reacts like a different car completely.

I am aware of the setup loading bug and its work around, which does not always work anyway... never the less on loading screen my setup shows as correct.

So is there something different about the time trial track? I would have thought the conditions should be optimum else seems pointless anyway?

blinkngone
13-10-2017, 18:00
Hi, yes, there is supposed to be a difference between TT and the others. TT has fixed weather(clouds, wind) and temperature and also some rubber already laid down so that you can compare your driving/setups to others in a controlled environment where all things are equal. So the TT is not necessarily "optimum" conditions.

binarywarrior
13-10-2017, 18:21
Well I continued testing all day, in any other session I am doing 1:46 after 1:46 easy... then I go to time trial it's late 1:47's and struggling to stay on track :(

If there is rubber on the track is not making sense. I am struggling to reach my own 1:47.4 without crashing.

AOD_ZedZedski
13-10-2017, 18:29
TT does not have Fuel Consuption (always 5L) and Engine Overheating damage. So, in TT you can completely close radiator and do as many laps as you want and your engine will not overheat. Also, in TT the ABS, TC are turned on by default - you can't turn them off unless you go into car setup and adjust from there. Those are the key differences that may influence on lap times when you do the same outside of TT.

Tbolt
13-10-2017, 21:48
TT does not have Fuel Consuption (always 5L) and Engine Overheating damage. So, in TT you can completely close radiator and do as many laps as you want and your engine will not overheat. Also, in TT the ABS, TC are turned on by default - you can't turn them off unless you go into car setup and adjust from there. Those are the key differences that may influence on lap times when you do the same outside of TT.

As far as I'm aware TT only allows realistic assists and with the latest patch you can turn those assist on and off while driving.

binarywarrior
13-10-2017, 22:14
hmm is not assists or fuel, been around awhile I know those things. I have serious difference in grip, so I am asking about the track condition compared to private testing. I will swap car tomorrow.

I am using TC and ABS, is exact same setup in both modes.

M6 seems bugged in so many ways might just be that car, will see.