PDA

View Full Version : Who Uses Assists?

Quatzu
13-10-2017, 15:52
I'm just kind of taking a poll to find out what players use driving assists. I use them. I want so badly not to, because I want to get the most out of the game and I feel like it's really corny to rely on them but, without them, I'm a total disaster. However, I do use a controller, not a wheel, and I wonder if this is a serious impediment.

I consider myself at least a decent driver. I'd like to be better and not use assists, but I wonder if one can only be so good with a controller. So do you guys use assists or not?

AbeWoz
13-10-2017, 15:56
I use authentic assists. But I have them setup to where they only kick in (TC mostly) in extreme conditions.

Keena
13-10-2017, 16:00
Good question. I have a g920 steering wheel and love the game, take ages to get a setup that I like (which may not be the fastest btw).
I guess it depends on you personally. I use authentic but I imagine trying to drive my real world car with a controller would be difficult, so then assists makes perfectly good sense. Also using assists is a good way of learning without getting discouraged.

kevin kirk
13-10-2017, 16:26
I'm guilty of assigning the stability control to a button I can hit real fast when I lose the car to help me bring it back in line. Its a bad habit I picked up from Pcars one not being able to catch the car when its starts sliding. I'm currently going to a group consoling meeting every wed to try and break that habit of using it.

MisterBronze
13-10-2017, 16:27
Authentic in main menu.

Then TC at 70% and ABS at 35% in Tuning. This is for GT3/4 cars that I have driven so far. Probably needs more tweaking but basically I don't want too much in the way of assists.

Edit: @KevinKirk - That's a nasty habit you have there :p

GTsimms
13-10-2017, 16:27
Authentic

MABlosfeld
13-10-2017, 16:38
Does anyone know if it is possible to get information about (equipment / style / features) that players are using at some point during the lobby?

edit: Can someone help me by answering my question?

ctzn
13-10-2017, 16:43
Authentic

rosko
13-10-2017, 16:45
Authentic but i tend to turn all assists off in road cars.

danowat
13-10-2017, 16:46
Yes, in the main, because I am using a controller, and it's nigh on impossible to catch most of the slides with a controller.

That said, I have them assigned to a button and generally turn them off for cars that are a bit less flighty.

Tbolt
13-10-2017, 17:00
I use ABS when I can because with my brake pedal there's no feedback so it's hard get maximum braking otherwise. I don't use any other assists.

Maurice Boeschen
13-10-2017, 17:06
Authentic.
But I turn off the SC in all road cars as I don't like it all all.
When I want some fun I alao disable TC.
ABS I usually always leave on in cars which have it with authentic assists.

PeteUplink
13-10-2017, 17:17
Because I'm using a pad I use medium TC and auto gears. Will turn them off once I get a new wheel.

snipeme77
13-10-2017, 17:27
I do, I can't brake very well without ABS due to the cheap TX petals, but I'm slowly backing down the TC

Sofatrix
13-10-2017, 17:35
I turn them all off even factory I always like to learn the hard first then it's easy to adapt.

Quatzu
13-10-2017, 17:43
All great answers. I guess I will go to Authentic. I mean, we have plenty of time until a PC3 comes out, so there's no point in rushing through a career. It took me a year in PC1 to get to Formula A, so might as well do it right.

RoccoTTS
13-10-2017, 17:57
Authentic but i tend to turn all assists off in road cars.

Same here, authentic for race cars and assists off for road cars.

Gregz0r
13-10-2017, 18:33
Authentic with some ABS.
My T300 RS’ brake pedal has zero pressure progression - love the wheel, but I need to upgrade the pedals.

AOD_ZedZedski
13-10-2017, 18:36
Define Assists!

There are two types of Assists:
the ones that are unrealistic; hence, Braking Assists, Steering Assists
the ones that are realistic; hence, ABS, TC, SC, which if set to Authentic will work according to what car has in real life. For example, all GT3 cars in real life have ABS and TC, which can be adjusted or turned off on the fly while driving on the track. Or for example, GTE cars have only TC in real life, which again if set to Authentic will be in game.

Quatzu
13-10-2017, 18:42
I do not use steering or braking assists. I'm not in front of the game right now, but I think I do have Authentic selected, with TC and ABS set to Low (if I remember correctly). I guess that's one way of looking at it, that I actually do not use any unrealistic assists. I'm on the Formula path, by the way, so I mostly drive the open-wheel stuff. So these cars actually have that stuff?

LMR TopSecret
13-10-2017, 18:45
I have authentic on, but I like to force abs on because find abs off i really hard on the pad especially due to the fact I never run vibrations on my pad. Iíve always preferred to have it turned all the way down to 0, I think Tcs off can be accomplished in any car so I have a Tcs button to force it off, but on Xbox itís annoying going into a lobby and the host is on a wheel and forces all assists off despite the cars having abs and Tcs with authenticity setting on. Stability control is a weak one imo, I feel like that kind of assist takes the fun out having to control a car when sliding. With it off it gives the freedom of how the car reacts when cornering. So I feel like itís a bit of a noob assist to use.

Balles
13-10-2017, 19:07
I don't. Always used to play sim racing without it as I prefer being in total control (or not sometimes !). I hate to "smash" the throttle or the brake pedals, it's kind of zero fun to me even on the car that have it in real life.

mspeedo
13-10-2017, 19:54
I use SC on and ABS high with my Fanatec CSW 2.5. TC high during rain. I'm missing rewind feature here, because one error = end. I don't like messing with setups and repeat whole race after one mistake, I like to run series of quick races and assists helps me to avoid errors and have fun, even when I do not focus 100%. It would be great to have rewind feature in pcars3.

BubbaGrace
13-10-2017, 20:43
I play with a controller. The only one I use is stability control and thats only if its allowed in in the lobbies I play in. Some cars are damn near impossible to handle using an analog stick instead of a wheel.

elMO-le
13-10-2017, 20:48
with T300RS I have ABS on ... TC and SC depending by car, track and conditions

moustace
13-10-2017, 21:14
Everything off, but in some powerful cars maybe a bit TC sometimes.

Zeem
13-10-2017, 21:56
I use traction and stability as I'm usually a Forza player and not completely used to the added quirks of Project Cars handling.

imz14u2nv
13-10-2017, 22:18
I use Authentic, I want it to be as the actual car would be in real life, after all we call these things Sims.

FuzzyFassbender
13-10-2017, 23:06
Authentic. I know some gamers think real men don't use assists :D but if the IRL car has them then that's what I want simulated. Try driving a IRL supercar without assists, nothing macho about that when you wrap it around a tree :rolleyes:

davidt33
13-10-2017, 23:10
I just leave it on Authentic.

Roushman624
13-10-2017, 23:37
Authentic

drizzit
14-10-2017, 00:52
Using authentic full-time for now.

I'm starting to enjoy cars without ABS more as I'm learning to drive better so might switch that of more and more going forward but I kind of like having a mix of different experiences as I'm racing alot of random cars from all kinds of series :)

Ravager619
14-10-2017, 01:00
Assists? What are those? :rolleyes:

I turned them off in PC1 after awhile and it was the first thing I did in PC2 once I calibrated my wheel.

peterCars
14-10-2017, 02:26
I had to turn on auto gears last night as the shift down bug remains - downshifts do not register until a certain speed/revs is accomplished. sad.

Corsa911
14-10-2017, 02:47
Downshift protection via a transmissions ECU is a real thing.

Keeps you early birds from blowing your expensive engines.

JoshTheGeologist
14-10-2017, 05:31
ABS - High
Traction control - low
Stability control - off

T150, PS4