PDA

View Full Version : Low FPS on some tracks - PS4

copernico
13-10-2017, 20:45
I'm having FPS problems (fps goes down) on some turns on tracks like textas internal track entrance or sugo in the previous left to last turn...
It happens on other sceneries too (i don't remember now exactly) with all series and more of 10/12 cars on track.

Does someone else experiences the same?

LukeC
14-10-2017, 07:04
I'm having FPS problems (fps goes down) on some turns on tracks like textas internal track entrance or sugo in the previous left to last turn...
It happens on other sceneries too (i don't remember now exactly) with all series and more of 10/12 cars on track.

Does someone else experiences the same?

Yes, and with tracks like Texas and Daytona there seem to be fps drops even if you're the only car on the track. I think Long beach is similar as are a few other tracks.

Ian Bell
14-10-2017, 07:28
We never guaranteed a solid 60 at all times on all tracks guys. Our physics and rendering are totally decoupled meaning that if frames drop to 50 or whatever, the physics are still updating at 600Hz.

We felt this was a better solution than insisting on a fixed 60 and removing details, car count, live track, proper time of day, etc etc.

Having said that. If it's 'really' jarring then we'll look to tweak and improve.

(Sugo is improved in the next patch for example)

Mrocz
14-10-2017, 08:40
I saw this on Nurburgring GP and combined variants also. First before the first turn and in the begining of third secotor. The problem exist even if we drive alone in perfect sunny conditions. So i don't think this is performance problem. I understand that we don't have perfect solid 60FPS and i fully accept this. I hope it will be checked and fix'd like Sugo ;)

seb02
14-10-2017, 10:53
We never guaranteed a solid 60 at all times on all tracks guys. Our physics and rendering are totally decoupled meaning that if frames drop to 50 or whatever, the physics are still updating at 600Hz.

We felt this was a better solution than insisting on a fixed 60 and removing details, car count, live track, proper time of day, etc etc.

Having said that. If it's 'really' jarring then we'll look to tweak and improve.

(Sugo is improved in the next patch for example)

Thank you Ian for this answer. Would it seem possible to decrease a little the assets on the streets tracks like Long Beach and Monaco? Could this reduce fall framerates?

copernico
14-10-2017, 17:04
Thanks for your answers! I understand about 60fps, no problem about.

But the issue i described seems to be something like a bad LOD setting or very high "clip planes" sector. Something like happens on older games when you was in a track section with lot of polygons concentration... you can lost the car in a second and is very frustrating!

About all the rest: Congrats Ian and team because PCars 2 is awesome!