PDA

View Full Version : Did SMS fully remove snow from Career or did they fix the bugs in it.

WorthAbuy
13-10-2017, 23:32
I think Ian said they were gonna remove it if they could not fix it. I liked that snow was part of career mode and hope they were able to fix it instead of removing a main feature in a main mode.

TooMuchCyanide
14-10-2017, 00:07
I did some tests last night comparing both the updated PC and D1P Xbox One versions, it's definitely drive-able now. Let's just say you can actually complete a lap, and you can slide around corners rather than slip off tracks all the time like you're constantly aquaplaning, it's quite enjoyable actually. The 2015 Mustang GT was pretty fun to just drift around Sugo on ice.

I was curious myself if improvements were done to ice driving but didn't see anything about it posted since the update, and the patch notes were rather vague, so I found out myself :)

WorthAbuy
14-10-2017, 00:09
I did some tests last night comparing both the updated PC and D1P Xbox One versions, it's definitely drive-able now. Let's just say you can actually complete a lap, and you can slide around corners rather than slip off tracks all the time like you're constantly aquaplaning, it's quite enjoyable actually. The 2015 Mustang GT was pretty fun to just drift around Sugo on ice.

I was curious myself if improvements were done to ice driving but didn't see anything about it posted since the update, and the patch notes were rather vague, so I found out myself :)

Nice. Have you found Snow in Career? I have not yet since the patch.

TooMuchCyanide
14-10-2017, 00:32
Nice. Have you found Snow in Career? I have not yet since the patch.

Not yet. I did notice however that the US Trackday invitational was Hazy instead of the clearer option. I'll get back to you on the snow momentarily.

UPDATE: Got to the Ruapuna Park race in the Formula Rookie Asia series (which I know had ice/snow) and it's been replaced with Fog in the race, qualifying is Light Cloud.

davidt33
14-10-2017, 01:16
Not yet. I did notice however that the US Trackday invitational was Hazy instead of the clearer option. I'll get back to you on the snow momentarily.

UPDATE: Got to the Ruapuna Park race in the Formula Rookie Asia series (which I know had ice/snow) and it's been replaced with Fog in the race, qualifying is Light Cloud.

I can vouch for this. Was finally able to complete following patch 2.0 and said Amen.

BubbaGrace
14-10-2017, 02:10
It is possible to drive. I did Nurburgring combined in a blizzard in my worst car the ZL-1 in about 12 minutes. Not a great time but its doable.

TooMuchCyanide
14-10-2017, 02:42
It is possible to drive. I did Nurburgring combined in a blizzard in my worst car the ZL-1 in about 12 minutes. Not a great time but its doable.

That's a very impressive time in such conditions with a very tail-happy car. Kudos to you :)

WorthAbuy
14-10-2017, 05:53

Well, that is very disappointing. So a huge feature in the game seems to have been removed in Career mode. Would be nice to have a choice to choose snow or Fog, instead of outright removing it. :confused:

WorthAbuy
14-10-2017, 05:57
I can vouch for this. Was finally able to complete following patch 2.0 and said Amen.

I wonder if rally races have no snow either. One of the main reason I got this game was to be able to play career with all the new weather and live track 3.0.

Do the mods know if they removed snow fully in career mode?

honespc
14-10-2017, 06:11
Well, that is very disappointing. So a huge feature in the game seems to have been removed in Career mode. Would be nice to have a choice to choose snow or Fog, instead of outright removing it. :confused:Come on man. I'm a total harsh weather conditions lover, but all open wheel disciplines red flag races under either icy or snowy conditions.

WorthAbuy
14-10-2017, 06:19
Come on man. I'm a total harsh weather conditions lover, but all open wheel disciplines red flag races under either icy or snowy conditions.

I think you misunderstood what I meant. I just want all weather featured in career mode where they make sense to be. Like having snow in rally for example.

marcel171281
14-10-2017, 07:52
Come on man. I'm a total harsh weather conditions lover, but all open wheel disciplines red flag races under either icy or snowy conditions.

Totally agree on that one with you. But then there should not be any fog as well. Never seen a real life race in heavy fog, because medical helicopters don't fly.

WorthAbuy
14-10-2017, 11:49

It looks like Tire wear has also been removed from Career. What is going on here?

RGnt
14-10-2017, 13:17
WorthABuy that tyre wear missing would seem to be PS4 issue what is reported around, and like said most people were not that happy with snow on their career mode in many of the series. It really is not too much fun to try to get GT3 car around snow track in example, but can agree that it would be nice to be in places where it makes sense which I cna not confirm or deny. And yes GT class races would be redflagged in snow or hail (Nürburgring 24h 2015 towards tail end of 1st hour in example).

WorthAbuy
14-10-2017, 19:41
WorthABuy that tyre wear missing would seem to be PS4 issue what is reported around, and like said most people were not that happy with snow on their career mode in many of the series. It really is not too much fun to try to get GT3 car around snow track in example, but can agree that it would be nice to be in places where it makes sense which I cna not confirm or deny. And yes GT class races would be redflagged in snow or hail (Nürburgring 24h 2015 towards tail end of 1st hour in example).

Sounds good. Thanks.

CruisingUSA
15-10-2017, 00:08

Agreed, and yellow flags and safety cars come out when accidents happen on track too... oh wait! ;)
I tested the game recently for reasons regarding scumball rally, were looking to setup a league for the scumball rally community and need to find the best simulator. pcars isn't that simulator, but it was in the running. One of the reasons was, I set the weather to random, in the summer Ina piping hot country and halfway through an open wheel Test, it began snowing in the middle of July while the temps were moments prior, around 100f!

They need to make it only snow, in winder in country's that get snow, not at 14:00 - 15/07/2017 - Clear sky 100f in a country that hasn't seen snow in July for around 200,000 years.

Roger Prynne
15-10-2017, 00:23
^ https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=snow+in+egypt+2017&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8tMihrvHWAhUDSRoKHT8lAroQ_AUICigB&biw=1358&bih=664&dpr=1.25 :biggrin-new:

CruisingUSA
15-10-2017, 00:33
^ https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=snow+in+egypt+2017&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj8tMihrvHWAhUDSRoKHT8lAroQ_AUICigB&biw=1358&bih=664&dpr=1.25 :biggrin-new:

Google images of Egypt in unknown time/date/year or if photoshopped? Plus, not the date, time, month, year or country I was in? Ha ha ha ... not even ... hahaha :D

Wow! are you a police officer by any chance, I can't argue with THAT level of expertise and fact checking, columbo LMAO :D

Haha,
Get to bed! You've embarrassed yourself :D

Roger Prynne
15-10-2017, 00:54
^ Are you drunk or what?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zcRJScdGX-U

:victorious:

WorthAbuy
15-10-2017, 08:14

Dude, why do you reply to things like that and yet say not about the actually Topic. Did snow get fully removed in Career?

A answer would be appreciated.

Siberian Tiger
15-10-2017, 08:24
The reported Races where changed... To less extreme (No Snow) Weather.
BUT it could be that there is perhaps 1 or 2 left if the Community and we didn't spotted it.

WorthAbuy
15-10-2017, 20:40
The reported Races where changed... To less extreme (No Snow) Weather.
BUT it could be that there is perhaps 1 or 2 left if the Community and we didn't spotted it.

Thanks for taking the time to answer my question. I guess removing snow was for the best. It would be nice if Rally X could keep it (in career) if in the future they fully get snow/ice working well.

SunnySunday
16-10-2017, 07:11
I had snow in career mode, group A at Bathurst earlier today with the latest patch 2.0. like full on winter kind of snow

Madmazz116
16-10-2017, 12:50
I had snow in career mode, group A at Bathurst earlier today with the latest patch 2.0. like full on winter kind of snow

Ive had this as well

milliotseb
16-10-2017, 18:06

Which career serie was it?

WorthAbuy
16-10-2017, 20:45

Thank you. I just spotted it in rally X and it was great!

SunnySunday
17-10-2017, 01:31
Which career serie was it?

Group A

NeilsOnWheels
18-10-2017, 20:31
I experienced the same issue in the same race. Group A Career at Bathurst. During practice the car was quite drivable in the snow. However, I came back to the round a few days later and found that the car was completely undriveable. The car just spins no matter what tyres I use. It’s a real shame as I was so looking forward to racing at Bathurst.