PDA

View Full Version : Which car no matter how hard you try can you just not get a handle on?

BubbaGrace
14-10-2017, 01:41
For me it's the Chevy Camaro ZL-1. This has to be the most unforgiving car in the game for me. What's that? You are doing 30 mph uphill and want to make a 60 degree turn? Nah, I'm just gonna plow straight ahead into the barrier like you locked the brakes at 120mph. Oh you want to put power down on the straight? Better not hit a pebble in the road or you are about to enjoy a roller coaster ride of body roll and spinouts. I have tried setup after setup and I just can't make it work with this car. Either you get massive understeer or the rear end on this thing wants to kick out the moment your foot even thinks about putting a toe nail on the throttle. It makes me wonder who came up with those in game ratings for ease of handling. They gave this car 1/3 which put its in the easiest tier. There is nothing easy about this car. It never behaves the same way twice. If you want a real challenge try this bad boy on California Highway and try to set a decent time. You will spend more time on the brake than you do on the throttle.

So that's my kryptonite, whats everybody elses?

Kriptical
14-10-2017, 01:46
The 935 owns me like a rented mule ..

peterCars
14-10-2017, 02:20
It feels that it's got rocket fuel in it and unable to gently accelerate , grips like skating on ice, steady as in a 200mph wind. I've fiddled a bit with settings and improved a fair bit but it's weird. Changed from FA to FRenault and on defaults and it was a (good) dream, with latest patch nightmare again and better in FA. I'll be manually setting the Fanatec Clubsport pedals as I have to press too hard and long on the brakes at present.

blinkngone
14-10-2017, 02:33
For me it's the Chevy Camaro ZL-1. This has to be the most unforgiving car in the game for me. What's that? You are doing 30 mph uphill and want to make a 60 degree turn? Nah, I'm just gonna plow straight ahead into the barrier like you locked the brakes at 120mph. Oh you want to put power down on the straight? Better not hit a pebble in the road or you are about to enjoy a roller coaster ride of body roll and spinouts. I have tried setup after setup and I just can't make it work with this car. Either you get massive understeer or the rear end on this thing wants to kick out the moment your foot even thinks about putting a toe nail on the throttle. It makes me wonder who came up with those in game ratings for ease of handling. They gave this car 1/3 which put its in the easiest tier. There is nothing easy about this car. It never behaves the same way twice. If you want a real challenge try this bad boy on California Highway and try to set a decent time. You will spend more time on the brake than you do on the throttle.

I don't know. I just took it for a spin at Silverstone National after reading this. It's as fast as the some GT4s and Touring cars with barely any set up. Nearly impossible to spin. The default springs are too soft here. Go ahead and drive my set up. 1:00.700 you could break into the 59's.

BubbaGrace
14-10-2017, 02:42
Did you share your setup with me in game? Either way Ill give that track a shot and report back on what my time is just for giggles.

blinkngone
14-10-2017, 02:50
Did you share your setup with me in game? Either way Ill give that track a shot and report back on what my time is just for giggles.
Yes, just go to TT, I hope you like it, if not give me feedback and I'll change it.
Oh, Copse is the first corner at the start finish straight. Start braking at the 200 marker to your left for the right hander, do not run wide, go for the apex.

BubbaGrace
14-10-2017, 03:12
Yes, just go to TT, I hope you like it, if not give me feedback and I'll change it.
Oh, Copse is the first corner at the start finish straight. Start braking at the 200 marker to your left for the right hander, do not run wide, go for the apex.

Sorry I didn't see this until now. With my setups and about 10 laps worth of trying the best I could pull was a 1:02.097 which is a massive deficit on a track that size. What's killing me is the last 2 turns. The car feels like a vacuum is pulling me to the outside. Ill give yours a go and see how she feels. I want to love this car so Im willing to do what I can to get it feeling right.

blinkngone
14-10-2017, 08:18
Sorry I didn't see this until now. With my setups and about 10 laps worth of trying the best I could pull was a 1:02.097 which is a massive deficit on a track that size. What's killing me is the last 2 turns. The car feels like a vacuum is pulling me to the outside. Ill give yours a go and see how she feels. I want to love this car so Im willing to do what I can to get it feeling right.

Ok Bubba, You can go to the GARAGE section and I will help you with your set ups, we'll work it out.

BubbaGrace
14-10-2017, 08:32
Ok Bubba, You can go to the GARAGE section and I will help you with your set ups, we'll work it out.

Yea I wasn't able to find your setup. I checked in my list and there were only things from SMS and myself in there. The share button was grayed out. One thing I did learn is that for some reason my setups weren't applying. I had to load them twice. It seems to have helped me a lot now that they are actually working. I do think the 2 seconds difference honestly could be you are just faster than me. I know I can improve in the last 2 corners, but not 2 seconds worth lol.

blinkngone
14-10-2017, 09:58
Yea I wasn't able to find your setup. I checked in my list and there were only things from SMS and myself in there. The share button was grayed out. One thing I did learn is that for some reason my setups weren't applying. I had to load them twice. It seems to have helped me a lot now that they are actually working. I do think the 2 seconds difference honestly could be you are just faster than me. I know I can improve in the last 2 corners, but not 2 seconds worth lol.

Hey Bubba, go here. http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/forumdisplay.php?156-The-Garage-Car-Setup-Talk

RGnt
14-10-2017, 13:30
Any roadcar, and G40. I have no issues with race carsm and this goes to any and every other sim as well but it doesn't bother me too much nor do I put any effort in to em so that may explain.

JoshTheGeologist
14-10-2017, 13:36
Ford Fusion Stock Car... I am embarrassed considering I'm a NASCAR guy. My wheel turns left and right when going in a straight line

clanky
14-10-2017, 13:45
The 2017 Camaro ZL1, I have a lot of real hours into the real car... sad to say I can't get it to do what I know it should be able to do.. It's one of the only cars I feel so disconnected from.

To the guy above me "Ford Fusion Stock Car... I am embarrassed considering I'm a NASCAR guy. My wheel turns left and right when going in a straight line"

I notice this in the 2.0 patch.. but I had no problem with it in the previous version. Wanted to go straight? Don't turn the wheel, now i'm fighting it side to side to go straight. So I think maybe it's a bug.. I dunno I have just been avoiding it for now.

Doctor_Tofu
14-10-2017, 16:30
There isn’t really a car I feel this way about, but there are a few tracks I just can’t get the hang of. And on top of that list is Silverstone. I know people love it, especially the flow and getting through the “esses”. But I just can’t seem to get any better at it. The track doesn’t flow to me at all. All corners feel awkward lol.

klo863
15-10-2017, 11:50
Renault clio cup car. hot or cold tires it spins at EVERY corner. how is this possible with front wheel drive...

Spirit X
15-10-2017, 13:36
Ford Fusion Stock Car... I am embarrassed considering I'm a NASCAR guy. My wheel turns left and right when going in a straight line

I'm with Josh. Trying to hold position in lane through the turns...or even on the straights...seems almost impossible!

snipeme77
15-10-2017, 13:43
I'm with Josh. Trying to hold position in lane through the turns...or even on the straights...seems almost impossible!

It's a glitch the same wiggle glitch that took part in the GT3 cars. Just post it in your various bug reporting threads, I'm sure it will get fixed in time

BubbaGrace
15-10-2017, 18:02
The 2017 Camaro ZL1, I have a lot of real hours into the real car... sad to say I can't get it to do what I know it should be able to do.. It's one of the only cars I feel so disconnected from.

Im glad Im not the only one.

Kebabfelix
15-10-2017, 18:46

To the guy above me "Ford Fusion Stock Car... I am embarrassed considering I'm a NASCAR guy. My wheel turns left and right when going in a straight line"

I notice this in the 2.0 patch.. but I had no problem with it in the previous version. Wanted to go straight? Don't turn the wheel, now i'm fighting it side to side to go straight. So I think maybe it's a bug.. I dunno I have just been avoiding it for now.

Camaro is freaking amazing, just be gentle on the throttle and braking and it's so good. Well dont need to tell you :P you own it, but in game hehe.

ECAR_Tracks
15-10-2017, 20:48
Astra OPC.

I can say I'm experienced sim-racer. Project Cars 2 staff did a great job in all cars I tried except this one.

The behavior is out of this world, there's a 90% of dead steering reactions and then you have an absurd turn-in leading an unnatural over-steering.

There's must be something very wrong with this car physics. Aside that, I'm having a lot of fun with all open-wheel, tourism, kart, etc.

WGIstation6a
15-10-2017, 23:22
I'll second the 935 guy. That thing is a beast. I also manage to keep blowing the engine on it too. I just can't get the clutch point right on it.

Azure Flare
15-10-2017, 23:51
FWD road cars. Never can get them to turn in, and they just understeer until I get to the straight.

The 935 owns me like a rented mule ..

I'll second the 935 guy. That thing is a beast. I also manage to keep blowing the engine on it too. I just can't get the clutch point right on it.

I find it to be easy, even at full boost on the hard tires.

Shogun613
16-10-2017, 00:46
The RadBull definitely. I couldn't drift if my life depended on it.

Roushman624
16-10-2017, 01:09
Aston Martin Vulcan(controller)
EDIT:It's just me haha.

morpwr
16-10-2017, 01:38
Renault clio cup car. hot or cold tires it spins at EVERY corner. how is this possible with front wheel drive...

FWD are ass backwards. When the back steps out stand on the gas it will straighten right out. Its hard to get used to.

TheGoodLife
16-10-2017, 03:58

THIS! except itís in the road version of the Corvette Z06.

BubbaGrace
18-10-2017, 07:26
I just gave the vette a shot and buddy I'm with you. I was able to tame the Camaro with some setup help, but this thing is actively trying to kill me lol.

Algarde86
18-10-2017, 09:16
Aston Martin Vulcan(controller)
EDIT:It's just me haha.

I play with controller and the Vulcan, with the Stable Setup, is not that bad to drive! :D

PeteUplink
18-10-2017, 10:05
Formula A. I've driven many different F1 style cars over many different racing sims and games over the last 30 years, but the Formula A cars in PCars just feel counter intuitive to everything I've learned over the years. It's like they're designed to be deliberately awkward. The AI don't help either, they're still far too skittish for top formula drivers, and they brake in really odd places.