PDA

View Full Version : [Request] Coloured Chat Messages + Big Text Message(?)

Dealman
14-10-2017, 08:09
Coloured Chat Messages

Exposing functions or alternatively extending SendChatToMember and SendChatToAll to accept another parameter to customize the colour of the message would allow for more organized messages. For example, red would be good to use for warnings, stuff of high priority.

Big Text Messages/Broadcasts

It would also be nice if we could have functions to post those bigger messages that show up for people for example when a new best qualifier time is set, or like when the player changes vehicle settings while on the track.

These I think would help quite a lot in personalizing dedicated servers. An overhaul in general of the chat would be great.

satco1066
15-10-2017, 10:30
that is not related to 3rd party apps & API. Should be in General

Dealman
15-10-2017, 11:06
that is not related to 3rd party apps & API. Should be in General

How is it not related to the API when you quite literally use the API to send custom messages to either a specific player or all players? I'm simply asking for the ability to customize the colour of these messages instead of them always being blue. So as far as I can tell, it's pretty related to the API :rolleyes:

satco1066
16-10-2017, 00:15
now that you reedited the text, it is ;)

Dealman
16-10-2017, 05:42
now that you reedited the text, it is ;)

It's still the same message, I just changed the layout so it's a bit easier to read :D