PDA

View Full Version : ZL1 Camaro at Silverstone National

blinkngone
14-10-2017, 09:55
Hi Bubba, you need to make another run with my set up. I tried to follow your ghost, I know you are trying to drive with a pad but in order to get a good lap here you have to get through Copse better, I had to brake and wait for you at Aintree Corner. The corners you mentioned as a problem(Brooklands and Woodcote) you are actually doing pretty good at, just need to try and be smoother(I know it's hard because the suspension is kind of soft and the body is really trying to roll you toward the outside). So mostly let's work on Copse. The car doesn't brake very well so that is why I wanted you to start applying brakes easy and early at the 200 marker(normally you start at 100) but if you wait too long and apply the brakes too hard the car will try and roll you off line.

You are not doing badly, you're already as quick as a Sesto Elemento.

blinkngone
14-10-2017, 10:03
Set Up

blinkngone
14-10-2017, 11:42
Hi TBolt47, nice to see you again. When you made your run at Silverstone National what did you think of the brakes? I made an adjustment after you did your run, moved bias rearward. Do you have an idea what would be best for a pad?

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 13:48
This is cool, someone is way into the 59's already, easily the fastest car in class currently. Congratulations!
Oops, sorry 1 X-Bow R up by some tenths, still fastest of the more traditional road cars.

BubbaGrace
15-10-2017, 18:05
Hey Blink thanks for the thread. Im glad you took a look at my ghost lap to see where I am having problems. And yes I play with a gamepad, my friends tell me its amazing what I can do with it. Unfortunately a wheel is not an option at this time. I will give your setup a run and report back.

EDIT: Also, yea I really have a hard time judging braking distances in this car. It feels like I am braking way too early also only to find myself still overshooting sometimes. And as you can see the setups I was making were not applying to the car for some reason, hence why it shows me as doing the run with the default. What a weird bug.

Sloskimo
15-10-2017, 18:22
Both the Z06 and and ZL1 drive a lot nicer for me personally with the stability and traction turned off. Only problem then becomes throttle control, but when you get it right it's actually fun. instead of the car doing odd things mid-corner because the systems of the car are interfering, throwing the whole car out of balance.

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 18:43
Hey Blink thanks for the thread. Im glad you took a look at my ghost lap to see where I am having problems. And yes I play with a gamepad, my friends tell me its amazing what I can do with it. Unfortunately a wheel is not an option at this time. I will give your setup a run and report back.

EDIT: Also, yea I really have a hard time judging braking distances in this car. It feels like I am braking way too early also only to find myself still overshooting sometimes. And as you can see the setups I was making were not applying to the car for some reason, hence why it shows me as doing the run with the default. What a weird bug.

Hi Bubba! Try turning Stability and Traction Control off as Sloskimo suggests. Just use default and adjust brake bias toward rear 52/48 save to a new set up name it. Save it then exit out, does the Gear show?

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 18:49
Both the Z06 and and ZL1 drive a lot nicer for me personally with the stability and traction turned off. Only problem then becomes throttle control, but when you get it right it's actually fun. instead of the car doing odd things mid-corner because the systems of the car are interfering, throwing the whole car out of balance.

Thanks Sloskimo! I think Bubba's problem is with the set ups, he can't make any changes. Only drive in default but with your suggestions maybe he can drive his favorite car more easily.

BubbaGrace
15-10-2017, 20:59
I was able to improve my time by over a second using your setup. It feels better. I ran against your ghost car and it got the point where I was able to get ahead of you fairly regularly until Brooklands. You are just a bit faster through there but not much. Where you are really smoking me is the exit of Luffield. It's by a huge margin. I'm not sure where Im going wrong there.

https://i.imgur.com/CoVUFRf.jpg

EDIT: Im overtaking you at Copse and Maggots in case you were curious. It won't show in my PB because I did not catch you in it. I am unable to match the sector 3 time from my PB lol.

blinkngone
15-10-2017, 21:23
I was able to improve my time by over a second using your setup. It feels better. I ran against your ghost car and it got the point where I was able to get ahead of you fairly regularly until Brooklands. You are just a bit faster through there but not much. Where you are really smoking me is the exit of Luffield. It's by a huge margin. I'm not sure where Im going wrong there.

https://i.imgur.com/CoVUFRf.jpg

EDIT: Im overtaking you at Copse and Maggots in case you were curious. It won't show in my PB because I did not catch you in it. I am unable to match the sector 3 time from my PB lol.

That's great Bubba! I see the gear has finally arrived.;) Did you try turning the Stability control off as Sloskimo suggested?
Are you running too wide at the beginning of Luffield and trying to brake to correct your line? I am on the throttle(feathering) through this corner, as soon as I begin to clear the corner it's hard on the gas toward the outside, sometimes I get a penalty here because I'm too far over the rumble strips on the left.:miserable:

Most importantly, are you enjoying your ZL1 more?

Sloskimo
16-10-2017, 07:23
Luffield is a horrible corner, it's nice when you get it just right, but this hardly ever happens to me :) When you do get it right, it's easily worth 3 to 5 tenths, more in slower cars.

BubbaGrace
16-10-2017, 21:27
Most importantly, are you enjoying your ZL1 more?

I am. Its a lot more manageable with this setup. The trade off is the stability on high speed straights is a little harder to handle for me. Bumps and valleys can be disastrous because they require such minute adjustment to correct for, which is difficult with an analog stick sometimes. For example the bump on Watkins leading up to the start/finish line. I have to be very weary of that. This is not a car setup issue though, just a limitation of my control method. Sorry for the blog lmao.

blinkngone
16-10-2017, 22:42
Ok, if you want to go to California Highway someday, let me know. I can't do the whole track but I can do the segments with you.

BubbaGrace
17-10-2017, 06:35
Your setup works beautifully on California Highway. I feel really comfortable with the car. I put in an 8:02.601. My goal is to hit the 7s. Realistically I think i could shave 10 off my time with my ability.

Thanks for the help again. If you have any refinements I'm always listening. I might see what I can do too.

BTW I'm the only one whose set at a time in this car on California Highway. Get on it dudes let's see what it can do so I have a barometer.

BubbaGrace
18-10-2017, 01:04
7:55.018 baby. I was sweating like a mad man and all hyped up when I seen I was up by about 6 seconds just after sector 1, which is by far the hardest part of the course. It wasn't pretty and I made some mistakes but I knew I could push it under 8. I honestly believe someone (read:not me) could finish this course in the high to mid 7:30s with the perfect setup and ability. I love it. Anyway sorry for the double post. Im gonna let this thread die now too since it's initial purpose of a set up on Silverstone National has already been achieved. Thanks again guys/girls/people.