PDA

View Full Version : Questionable decisions regarding the career mode

Gherkin44
14-10-2017, 13:11
Firstly, let me just say that I love the game. It's a huge step up from Project Cars 1 and having spent 300 hours in Assetto Corsa, I've now dropped that game for Project Cars 2.

But, after playing through the career mode a bit, I'm dumbfounded by some of the design quirks in the way it has been set up.

For example, why oh why, in the Global Sportscar Championship (WEC) are there 4 BMW M6 GTEs but no Porsches? Why are there 8 LMP1s but only 4 LMP2s? Why in the GT3 Series are there more SLS AMGs than AMG GT3s, despite literally nobody using the SLS AMGs in competition anymore. There are a load of examples like this, I just can't figure out why. If you're going to replicate Motorsport series, do it properly. It really ruins the immersion when you know "this would never happen in real life". I'm sure there are a bunch of people out there that don't care, but I feel that the career mode should either be totally fictional or totally true-to-life, and since that has been the marketing shtick for the game, surely it should have been the latter?

This is more of a rant than a discussion, but I'd just like to know how those decisions came about and whether I am just being dramatic and pompous to want the career mode to be so realistic? :p