PDA

View Full Version : Warmup session gone in Pcars 2?

Andre.V
14-10-2017, 13:42
Hi everyone.

First of all, I didn't have the chance to express my thoughts about this warmup lap because the thread have been closed. Also I just don't understand why everyone it telling this lap never exist in Pcars 1 as it does. Just to make my point clear, I reinstalled Pcars 1 and took a picture to confirm it does exist. So I would like to ask SMS why this precious lap have been removed from Pcars 2 as starting a race with cold tires make me loosing precious seconds trying to keep the car on track in the curves.

Here the screen capture from Pcars 1.

Andre.

clanky
14-10-2017, 13:49
Hi everyone.

First of all, I didn't have the chance to express my thoughts about this warmup lap because the thread have been closed. Also I just don't understand why everyone it telling this lap never exist in Pcars 1 as it does. Just to make my point clear, I reinstalled Pcars 1 and took a picture to confirm it does exist. So I would like to ask SMS why this precious lap have been removed from Pcars 2 as starting a race with cold tires make me loosing precious seconds trying to keep the car on track in the curves.

Here the screen capture from Pcars 1.

Andre.

I don't think i've ever started a race with cold tires.. Every race I start my tires are already warmed up for me. That said, I don't see the need of 2 practice sessions so they removed one. Maybe they also thought it a good idea to put the warmup lap into the practice session? I don't think I ever used the warmup lap in PC1, heck I barely used any practice time and left most of my practice time into the qual time.

Andre.V
14-10-2017, 13:57
Pcars 2 is a bit better than Pcars 1 as now you need only 1 lap to make the tires to get in temperature. But believe me, in Pcars 1 two laps were necessary to have hot tires. You are correct, there is no need for two practice sessions, but the warmup lap is very useful. Try an open wheel car like the Lotus and you will see the difference from lap one and lap two. The way you'll take the curves will be different from lap one and lap two. I raced quite often with this car to be sure what I'm talking about. You can't see the difference when driving GT cars as the downforce make it glued to the track. After more than 250 hours played Pcars 1, I know the warmup lap is important.

Andre.

Mad Al
14-10-2017, 14:36
You are confusing a warmup (or formation) LAP with a warmup SESSION.. they are two completely different things.. PC1 had a warmup session.. PC2 has the addition of a manually controllable warmup (or formation) lap.

The warmup session was NOT part of the race in PC1

Keena
14-10-2017, 14:59
Warm up lap as in like an installation lap onto the grid? All I've seen is the rolling start.. am I confused? I feel like I'm confused...

clanky
14-10-2017, 15:11
You are confusing a warmup (or formation) LAP with a warmup SESSION.. they are two completely different things.. PC1 had a warmup session.. PC2 has the addition of a manually controllable warmup (or formation) lap.

I never used warmup session, but what your saying is that. If you warmup your tires during the warmup session in PC1 then it wouldn't carry over to the race? If that's the case I see why they removed it then, that's just like adding 3 practice sessions that aren't needed if you have formation (warmup lap) already in the game.

Roger Prynne
14-10-2017, 15:20

This is what I was trying to say the last time this was brought up, but you put it so much more eloquently.

Mad Al
14-10-2017, 15:49
I never used warmup session, but what your saying is that. If you warmup your tires during the warmup session in PC1 then it wouldn't carry over to the race? If that's the case I see why they removed it then, that's just like adding 3 practice sessions that aren't needed if you have formation (warmup lap) already in the game.

Warm up sessions are basically a short session to make sure everything is OK on the morning of a race.. it serves no real purpose in a virtual racing game... (other than trying to ape a real race weekend for those series that still have a morning warm up)

And no, the warm up session had no carry over to the race session in PC1.

Mahjik
14-10-2017, 15:51
Edited the thread title to properly reflect the question...

clanky
14-10-2017, 16:03
Warm up sessions are basically a short session to make sure everything is OK on the morning of a race.. it serves no real purpose in a virtual racing game... (other than trying to ape a real race weekend for those series that still have a morning warm up)

And no, the warm up session had no carry over to the race session in PC1.

Ok thanks for the clarification! Glad it was removed then. Just makes things a bit easier to understand especially since it wouldn't carry over into the race. Well said.

Andre.V
14-10-2017, 16:59
Ok I see the difference. If I understand your point correctly, after a practice session, if I continue to the race, my tires should be hot on the first lap ? I have to try that. But I'm 100% sure doing a 5 minutes warmup lap my tires were hot when the race start.

Andre.

DreamsKnight
14-10-2017, 17:05
I can not pee between qualification and race. and I'm totally serious. or they give us te possibility to set the timer manually between sessions, or go back to the classic warmup to have a bit of a break.

the leagues do not make 10-minute casual players race at spa with gt3 all the time.

and really I do not understand why the needs of legues are neglected in this title. :(

CruisingUSA
15-10-2017, 00:13
These are all real lay why I didn't chose pcars for out scumball rally league! It's not simulating these things correctly, it's very much a fantastic game, great game in fact, but absolutely not recommended as a professional vehiclesimulator or league simulation application.

Great racing game though, lots of fun and and great for o,aging for fun with the kids etc.

Mad Al
15-10-2017, 00:52
These are all real lay why I didn't chose pcars for out scumball rally league! It's not simulating these things correctly, it's very much a fantastic game, great game in fact, but absolutely not recommended as a professional vehiclesimulator or league simulation application.

Great racing game though, lots of fun and and great for o,aging for fun with the kids etc.

Sorry, but would you like to actually explain just what you think isn't correctly simulated.. ?
Practice, qualifying.. full manual formation and cooldown laps.. full manual pitstops.. what exactly do you think is missing from that that would add anything useful?

CruisingUSA
15-10-2017, 00:56
Sorry, but would you like to actually explain just what you think isn't correctly simulated.. ?
Practice, qualifying.. full manual formation and cooldown laps.. full manual pitstops.. what exactly do you think is missing from that that would add anything useful?

Mainly missing P1/P2/P3 - Q1/Q2/Q3 with no ability to set or create manual time in between for league racers to take a bathroom break (like real life)

In PCars 2 it actually took a step back. It used to have Warmup / P1/p2/p3/q/race now it has practice qually race with a forced timer in between what could be a 24 hour race. That's just 1 example, there are more mentioned here by these others users.

Mad Al
15-10-2017, 01:07
three Practice and 3 Q sessions.. well that's about as pointless as it gets.... as for needing a pee before what could be a 24 hour race.. what were you planning to do during the 24.. keep your legs crossed?

Roger Prynne
15-10-2017, 01:09
He's just here to annoy us Al, don't fall into the trap.

vidisse
15-10-2017, 10:21
In my league, and in all the leagues i run, 90% of the drivers uses the warm-up session for a lot of reasons after a intense Q session: improve setup, go to pee, to drink, to try the car with full tank (and no, you don't have the manual formation lap unless you use rolling start) and more.
Warm-up session is useful for league streamers as well, to prepare all the overlays, do some adversting, or simply take a break.
The 2 minutes countdown is useful only with a casual public lobby, and i'm talking as a league admin.

Keena
15-10-2017, 10:38
In my career mode I go for a physiological break in between qualifying runs. For longer races I suggest a lot of towels and some pants you don't care for any longer..

clanky
15-10-2017, 13:12
In my career mode I go for a physiological break in between qualifying runs. For longer races I suggest a lot of towels and some pants you don't care for any longer..

haha.. Or get a gatorade bottle... just make sure if you're using VR you don't have one to drink from and one to...use?... This is getting disgusting lol. As far as going to the bathroom inbetween races. Just do your Qual laps then pit in a minute or two before then run down the hall like a crazed lunatic (while your wife looks at you like you're crazy) then run back to the sim rig before the race starts! I think having a "warmup" session for the sole purpose of people going pee-pee or do-do is pretty silly.

Keena
15-10-2017, 13:14
^^ hahaha pmsl!!

PervasiveFall8
15-10-2017, 13:38
In my league, and in all the leagues i run, 90% of the drivers uses the warm-up session for a lot of reasons after a intense Q session: improve setup, go to pee, to drink, to try the car with full tank (and no, you don't have the manual formation lap unless you use rolling start) and more.
Warm-up session is useful for league streamers as well, to prepare all the overlays, do some adversting, or simply take a break.
The 2 minutes countdown is useful only with a casual public lobby, and i'm talking as a league admin.
I read most of this thread as what... is someone just pulling legs to pull. But this seriously makes sense to me. I donít often see this perspective and you are right about need for a timer or session for to break the action.

I canít for the life of me see the complaint as being real in career where you can walk away at anytime before/during/ after race

vidisse
15-10-2017, 13:39
You don't want warm-up in your casual lobby? Click OFF, we want warm-up in our league server, click ON. Best solution and easy, both happy.

Andre.V
16-10-2017, 11:27
Hi guys.

I tried a 5 minutes practice before the race to see if the tires will get hot like that was the case with the warmup session in Pcars 1 and NO, they don't. I start the race with cold tires. At least they don't grip like on the second lap. What I understand, at the end of the practice session, the car go back to the pit stand and the tires lower in temperature. The warmup session was different as at the end of the session, I was jumping right away on the grip to start the race with hotter tires. So I would like to see the warmup session back.

Andre.

Silraed
16-10-2017, 13:06
Did the warm up session even have that effect on the tyres in the first game? I always thought it was just a sessions to get your senses sharp and get yourself in the zone and didn't have any impact on the actual race as it was a new sessions.

Sessionerror
16-10-2017, 13:16
I'd love to have the warmup session back. It's quite good to check the latest setup changes or to make them at all. Furthermore, in online racing the two minutes before the start of a race can be too short if you have to do setup changes and go somewhere before a two hour race... :D