PDA

View Full Version : SIM Dashboard - Highly customizable Companion App for Android (supports PC/PS4/XBOX)

StryderIT
14-10-2017, 14:23
Some of you may already now this app, but as it's also compatible with Project Cars 2 I created a new topic in this subforum.

If you want to use this App with Project Cars 2 on PS4/XBOX make sure to update the game to Version 2.0 (or higher).

The App supports all 4 Telemetry options!

Shared Memory Project Cars 1
Shared Memory Project Cars 2
Project Cars 1 UDP
Project Cars 2 UDP

The app was developed with you (the users) in mind. It should be as simple and user-friendly as possible, I've automated the whole setup part. You must not enter an IP Address nor Port, the App includes an auto discovery feature to find your pc. Some games require configuration in config files, but the app does that for you too.
I hope you like the app like I do and I'm looking forward to your feedback.

SIM Dashboard is an easy and highly customizable Companion App which comes with a bunch of widgets and templates. You can use the easy drag and drop editor to create your own designs and share them with others through QR codes.

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/Screenshots/en_US/store0.jpg

Most relevant features

Create your personal layouts
Move and scale your widgets
Change colors
Additional options in every widget!
Use your own graphics
Select from cool templates
Download hundrets of designs from the built-in Design Community
easy Pairing with the PC
Use buttons on your wheel to switch pages
Share your designs with other through QR codes

Many different widget types
RPM, Speed, Gear Indicator, Shift light, RPM LED Bars, Lap times (Live, Last, Best, Delta, Split), Clock, G-Force, Position, Remaining laps, ...
depending on game: Watertemp, Oiltemp, Turbopressure, Fuel, Fuel usage, Fuel pressure, Tiretemps, Braketemps, Tire Wear, Tire dirt level ...

Supported Games

Assetto Corsa (PC/PS4)
Assetto Corsa Competizone (PC)
Project Cars (PC/PS4/XBOX)
Project Cars 2 (PC/PS4/XBOX)
Project Cars Pagani Edition
Forza Motorsport 7 (PC/XBOX)
RaceRoom Racing Experience
DiRT 4
Dirt Rally
DiRT 3
DiRT 2
iRacing
Euro Truck Simulator 2
American Truck Simulator
Live for Speed
BeamNG.drive
Automobilista
MotoGP 18
F1 2016 - F1 2018 (PC/PS4/XBOX)
F1 2010 - F1 2015 (PC)
GRID Autosport
GRID 2
Race Driver GRID
Race 07
GTR 2
rFactor 1
rFactor 2

The free version allows to use a maximum of 3 widgets per game. There are no other limitations nor ads.

APP

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/googleplay.png ('https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=de.stryder_it.simdashboard')

DOWNLOAD Server Application from here
Server Application for the PC (required) ('https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/index.php#appinfo_download')

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zu24ovLTQ8k

WEBSITE
www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard ('http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/index.php?lang=en_US')

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/Screenshots/en_US/store3.jpg

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/Screenshots/en_US/store1.jpg

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/Screenshots/en_US/store2.jpg

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/Screenshots/en_US/store6.jpg

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/Screenshots/en_US/store3_5.jpg

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/Screenshots/en_US/store7.jpg

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/Screenshots/en_US/store4.jpg

http://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/Screenshots/en_US/store5.jpg

https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/gallery/general_02.jpg https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/gallery/general_03.jpg https://www.stryder-it.de/simdashboard/Content/pages/index/gallery/f12017_04.jpg

Contact me through the forums or via E-Mail: info@stryder-it.de ('info@stryder-it.de') if you have feedback, ideas or problems.

GregP
15-10-2017, 14:39
Fantastic work, just bought it and look forward to playing around with this in both PC2 and AC.

DarkStryder360
15-10-2017, 17:44
Used this last night, very fun. Great app will probably purchase in coming time.

thevilleky
16-10-2017, 15:12
This seems like a cool idea, but more of a novelty then anything else based on my setup. If you have the full sim cockpit or such this seems pretty awesome. I have a small rig and no place to mount additional screens. Would like to use this on an android tablet. I tried it out and it seems pretty cool. I was trying to design some of my own setups. What I didn't see was cost. I just kept getting a notification to upgrade. Is there some pricing information. Since I don't really have the setup for it I don't want to spend tons, but I'm willing to spend a little bit because of the novelty of it.

In addition to pricing info I couldn't find any widgets in MPH, everything in K/MH. Not interesting in K/MH since I'm driving in US and used to mph designation. Are there any mph widgets?

StryderIT
16-10-2017, 15:42
You can click on the Upgrade to PRO Button at the end of the slide in menu with the games. You can also click on any of the grey PRO Buttons next to the game names or confirm one of the dialogs that you mentioned to checkout the prices.

The desired scale (MPH/KMH) and other measuring units can be selected in the settings of the app. :)

z3r0cool77
14-11-2017, 01:26
Any chance of getting tire pressure widget added? Pcars 2 is far more reliant on pressure than temp so it would be very helpful if possible.

srbubbles
21-11-2017, 13:28
just bought it, but I miss a brake bias widget

StryderIT
21-11-2017, 13:33
just bought it, but I miss a brake bias widget

It is currently running with the Project Cars 1 API which does not provide this value. I'll look for that data value when adding Project Cars 2 API Support.

Michel--NL
21-11-2017, 21:00
With the option "braketemp to high threshold" the max is 799. Could you max that to say 1400?
If I look at the telemetry screen in Project Cars the image of the brakes are green even if I get over 1000C.

@stryder I also send you an email asking if you can build an UNDO button. Is that possible?

z3r0cool77
26-11-2017, 18:47
Dont know if this is a problem with the app or with pcars 2 telemetry data but the wheel spin widget doesnt seem to work properly. I use it in f1 2017 and it works fine but in pcars you can pop the clutch and smoke the tires and it doesnt activate. Even when set to max sensitivity. The brake lockup widget works perfectly however. Occasionally the spin widget will light up but is only ever for a split second and can cant seem to get it to do so at will.

StryderIT
26-11-2017, 18:55
Dont know if this is a problem with the app or with pcars 2 telemetry data but the wheel spin widget doesnt seem to work properly. I use it in f1 2017 and it works fine but in pcars you can pop the clutch and smoke the tires and it doesnt activate. Even when set to max sensitivity. The brake lockup widget works perfectly however. Occasionally the spin widget will light up but is only ever for a split second and can cant seem to get it to do so at will.

The issue will be fixed in the next update, it's basically a problem with inverted data. If you are in the reverse gear it should work, but the forward gears are currently broken.
The update will be released soon. :D

z3r0cool77
26-11-2017, 19:01
The issue will be fixed in the next update, it's basically a problem with inverted data. If you are in the reverse gear it should work, but the forward gears are currently broken.
The update will be released soon. :D

Awesome thanks, and as always for the rapid response.

z3r0cool77
03-12-2017, 16:30
Recently got an update to the app. Where as the tire spin widget wasnt working before now it seems way too sensitive. Driving a ginetta gt5 for example, once I hit about 145 kph the slip widget constantly lights up on the rear tires going in a straight line and set to minimum sensitivity (detection agressiveness.)

Will also add that I changed to an xbox one x, dont know if that can have any effect on the data being sent to the app. The tire physics certainly feel different but no idea if that can effect telemetry output.

Edit: after driving around with it some more, I believe it may be so sensitive that it is picking up the tire scrub caused by toe angle. In a car with more rear toe, the rears start showing straight line spin and if the front has higher toe settings the front starts showing spin at high speed.

Edit: not toe scrub. Tried removing all toe and it still occurred. In the radical rx8 it starts at 215 kph on the front tires. (Rwd car)

Johnny Tavares
05-12-2017, 12:47
Is there any provision for "SIM Dashboard" to have native support on Pcars 2?
I use another program that reads data from Pcars 2 and I can not change the game to export information in compatibility mode of Pcars 1. I am looking forward to this update.

StryderIT
06-12-2017, 04:53
Recently got an update to the app. Where as the tire spin widget wasnt working before now it seems way too sensitive. Driving a ginetta gt5 for example, once I hit about 145 kph the slip widget constantly lights up on the rear tires going in a straight line and set to minimum sensitivity (detection agressiveness.)

Will also add that I changed to an xbox one x, dont know if that can have any effect on the data being sent to the app. The tire physics certainly feel different but no idea if that can effect telemetry output.

Edit: after driving around with it some more, I believe it may be so sensitive that it is picking up the tire scrub caused by toe angle. In a car with more rear toe, the rears start showing straight line spin and if the front has higher toe settings the front starts showing spin at high speed.

Edit: not toe scrub. Tried removing all toe and it still occurred. In the radical rx8 it starts at 215 kph on the front tires. (Rwd car)

I'll have to look into that for the next update. Need to capture and analyze some telemetry data to be able to say more about the problem, but there should be a way to fix it or at least prevent it from lighting up at high speeds.

Is there any provision for "SIM Dashboard" to have native support on Pcars 2?
I use another program that reads data from Pcars 2 and I can not change the game to export information in compatibility mode of Pcars 1. I am looking forward to this update.

I already wanted to integrate the Pcars 2 API, but at the moment the documentation of this API is outdated and new versions of the game come with breaking changes in that API (you can read that here in detail (http://forum.projectcarsgame.com/showthread.php?58090-API-documentation-and-breaking-changes)). So for the moment I'll wait until the new format is more stable and I don't have to fear that a new update of the game breaks the implementation.

Johnny Tavares
06-12-2017, 09:46
I understand.
Thank you so much for the quick response and the great work.

StryderIT
08-12-2017, 13:34
I'll have to look into that for the next update. Need to capture and analyze some telemetry data to be able to say more about the problem, but there should be a way to fix it or at least prevent it from lighting up at high speeds.

After more investigation it seems that my first assumption was false, the data is sent like it was sent in Project Cars 1.
The problem is more or less that the game does not provide enough information about the wheel size, so for some cars the calculation may not work as desired.

In the end I can't prevent whats happening with the data which is available, so I made some changes to the options of the Widget. The detection level can then be selected with a higher precision and the detection can be disabled at a selectable speed. So if you are having problems with false positive detection at a certain higher speed, you can cap the detection at that speed, so it works at lower speeds and does not annoy at higher speeds.

Itzcoatl
14-12-2017, 13:39
Just downloaded this during the week and happily paid for pcars1+2 access - great app!

I've been trying to reduce the amount of HUD elements while racing as I find it distracting, so this is great to map things like oil/water temp and other car stats that I might only need to check occasionally during a race.

z3r0cool77
14-12-2017, 18:34
Fixes for wheel spin and all the new features are much appreciated. Awesome work as always. Have a quick question, messing around in different cars I find that I need to adjust the lockup, spin and shift lights depending in the car. Because I have quite a lot on the screen its a bit much to do every time I drive something different so I was thinking of making different pages labeled with the car type and setup for each car for the ones I drive most. I use an older android tablet so my concern is that it may increase memory usage and slow down the apps functionality. Before I take the time to start trying this is it even something I just be worried about?

Second question is about the udp channel. I believe during setup it said to use 6 or higher and in the menu description in game it says that higher numbers increase the rate that data is sent. However I find that the higher I go the more more slowly the app seems to update and it seems pretty smooth on lower numbers. Is this normal and due to too much network traffic or is something screwy? If its normal are there any suggestions for setting up a network to handle higher settings?

Johnny Tavares
24-01-2018, 12:06
I do not understand, the widget that shows the last lap's fuel consumption sometimes stays at 0.0 throughout the race.
How can I avoid this?

M. -VIPER- Morgan
16-02-2018, 05:35
I have a small problem:

I use an old Samsung S4 Mini for SIM Dashboard and the label rectangles are not drawn correctly.
I tested the same layout on my Honor 8 and there is no problem. Maybe the low resolution is the cause, because the S4 mini has only 540 x 960 and the Honor 8 has 1.080 x 1.920.

If I go into the edit mode and mark one of the rectangles it looks good:

StryderIT
16-02-2018, 05:39
Which version of Android is running on this Device?

The older device seems to be not supporting a feature used for drawing this widget, if you can tell me the Android version of this device I can create a fix for that in the next update.

M. -VIPER- Morgan
16-02-2018, 06:25
Which version of Android is running on this Device?

The older device seems to be not supporting a feature used for drawing this widget, if you can tell me the Android version of this device I can create a fix for that in the next update.

I'm not 100% sure, because I cannot check it at the moment.
But I think it is 4.4.2 or 4.4.4, the last official version for this device. If you need it exactly I can check it after work.

Thx in advance.

Konvooi
17-02-2018, 13:12
Changed to Project Cars 2 UDP (Xbox one X) to have tire pressure. However the tyre condition numbers are off now (garbage nbrs, even 204 or minus 108 %). Is this a bug in PC2 (v3) or sim dashboard?
Thanks.

M. -VIPER- Morgan
22-02-2018, 07:16
First of all thanks for the update, the label rectangles are drawn fine now on my device:

There is one new problem with the update: the lap counter (for example 1/56) looks a little bit odd if the app gets no data. It should be "-/-" and since the update it shows "-/^z". You can see it in the screenshot.

StryderIT
22-02-2018, 12:32
First of all thanks for the update, the label rectangles are drawn fine now on my device:

There is one new problem with the update: the lap counter (for example 1/56) looks a little bit odd if the app gets no data. It should be "-/-" and since the update it shows "-/^z". You can see it in the screenshot.

This is a little encoding issue, sorry for that. It's the infinity sign in the wrong encoding.
I'll publish an update which corrects that. :D

Edit: Update with the Fix is online

M. -VIPER- Morgan
23-02-2018, 07:20
This is a little encoding issue, sorry for that. It's the infinity sign in the wrong encoding.
I'll publish an update which corrects that. :D

Edit: Update with the Fix is online

I confirm, it looks fine again.

Armageddon
24-02-2018, 13:23
How do it get the gear indicator to show R for reverse? do i need to configure the widget or does it not work?

tipostrano
24-02-2018, 21:10
Changed to Project Cars 2 UDP (Xbox one X) to have tire pressure. However the tyre condition numbers are off now (garbage nbrs, even 204 or minus 108 %). Is this a bug in PC2 (v3) or sim dashboard?
Thanks.

Mee too.
Garbage numbers all around..
and a refresh once 3/5 seconds.

All good with pc server app, but i can't use with udp

StryderIT
25-02-2018, 10:31
How do it get the gear indicator to show R for reverse? do i need to configure the widget or does it not work?

For me it's working using UDP Protocol 1, UDP Protocol 2 and on PC too using Shared Memory Protocol 1 or 2. You can send me a private message if you want to discuss anything more in detail, so we don't spam this thread.

Mee too.
Garbage numbers all around..
and a refresh once 3/5 seconds.

All good with pc server app, but i can't use with udp

If you are running on the PC I'd recommend the Shared Memory, because it's more robust. The UDP option of the game does have it's pitfall's.

You can try to reduce/incease the UDP Send rate to see what gives best results for you, but the UDP Option of the game sends data around the network using Broadcasts which is always slower than normal type of packets (some Routers also recognize these packets as flooding attacks and slow the transmit rate down). So the Shared Memory Option + PC Application is always faster.

tipostrano
25-02-2018, 12:06
For me it's working using UDP Protocol 1, UDP Protocol 2 and on PC too using Shared Memory Protocol 1 or 2. You can send me a private message if you want to discuss anything more in detail, so we don't spam this thread.

If you are running on the PC I'd recommend the Shared Memory, because it's more robust. The UDP option of the game does have it's pitfall's.

You can try to reduce/incease the UDP Send rate to see what gives best results for you, but the UDP Option of the game sends data around the network using Broadcasts which is always slower than normal type of packets (some Routers also recognize these packets as flooding attacks and slow the transmit rate down). So the Shared Memory Option + PC Application is always faster.

Thank you for reply.
I was trying to use UDP because of more info. Any udp send rate in pointless. random numbers and 5 seconds refresh rate. Tried to close firewall and antivirus, open ports on router, still nothing.

Johnny Tavares
28-02-2018, 10:54
Hello StryderIT, is there any possibility in any future update to show which tire compound we are using(hard,soft, rain...)? I do not like to change the HUD in the game after the pit to confirm the tire.

mister dog
01-03-2018, 20:09
Question, does the app automatically change the ideal temps for the tyre and brake icons depending on the car or tyre you select? Bought it yesterday and I'm enjoying it so far :).

Johnny Tavares
02-03-2018, 13:00
Hi StryderIT, in the app we have the additional fuel to complete the race in laps. My suggestion is that you have an option to show in liters, so if the value is negative we'll know exactly how much we need to put in the pit.

Sorry if I look boring with my suggestion, I just love this app and I think of how it can be even better according to needs that arise in the race.

Sim Racing Me
02-03-2018, 19:55
Hi StryderIT, last week i bought your app for Project Cars on Xbox... and i can tell you.... i love it...!! really much fun to design my own Dashboard...
I had to speed-up my network a bit, but i love the way it works now...
Great Work...!!

Sim Racing Me
05-03-2018, 07:33
Hi StryderIT, i have a question... is it possible for you the create an extra option in the fantastic Sim Dashboard App, so that we can fill in a race Position Number , and that this will show the [ NAME ] of the driver on that position and maybe the [ Starting Pos ] of the car... (and maybe even more information of the car on this postion in the race ) ?

i think this will add some great extra functionality, so we can fill in [ P1 ], [ P2 ], [ P3 ] ect.... to make leaderboards / info screens...

Keep up the good work... !!!

( i use Project Cars 1/2 on Xbox One)

belaki
18-03-2018, 03:27

Glass Cockpit PC2 - These screens are deprecated - I can post newest if anyone is interested....

StryderIT
04-04-2018, 09:26
Hello StryderIT, is there any possibility in any future update to show which tire compound we are using(hard,soft, rain...)? I do not like to change the HUD in the game after the pit to confirm the tire.

Hi StryderIT, in the app we have the additional fuel to complete the race in laps. My suggestion is that you have an option to show in liters, so if the value is negative we'll know exactly how much we need to put in the pit.

Sorry if I look boring with my suggestion, I just love this app and I think of how it can be even better according to needs that arise in the race.

Hello, the latest version does now support these two data readings that you requested. :D

Johnny Tavares
04-04-2018, 10:55
Hello, the latest version does now support these two data readings that you requested. :D

Hello Stryder-it,

I was able to test tonight, it's perfect, thank you for your attention and hard work.:yes:

SCClockDr
06-04-2018, 12:27
Hi StryderIT
Great app - I did the update, found the latest fuel to to complete info in liters but am missing the tire compound info layer. Is it somewhere else or embedded in a tire layout I've mistakenly skipped in my testing?

StryderIT
06-04-2018, 12:34
Hi StryderIT
Great app - I did the update, found the latest fuel to to complete info in liters but am missing the tire compound info layer. Is it somewhere else or embedded in a tire layout I've mistakenly skipped in my testing?

Hi, you can find it in Tires -> Tires -> Tirecompound (it is the last entry in that section, right above the Brakes section)
Also make sure to use the Project Cars 2 Telemetry option for that feature.

Michel--NL
07-04-2018, 14:34
Hi Stryder,

Could you take a look at below findings?

I'm using an PS4 with the UDP option and PC2 telemetry option.

Tire temp visual style: The front left tyre temp is showing the front right tyre temperature. Both widgets are doing this.
The TC is not working. If I use the PC 1 telemetry then its working.
Track location/name is showing only two random characters
Track variant is showing three random characters
Car name is showing one random character before the car name

StryderIT
07-04-2018, 14:43
Tire temp visual style: The front left tyre temp is showing the front right tyre temperature. Both widgets are doing this.
There is currently a bug in the game, it always sends Zero for the front left tyre. The current fallback is that I display the front right Temp if that happens. As soon as the issue in the game is fixed it will display the correct reading.

Car name is showing one random character before the car name
Another problem in the game telemetry, I have seen that as well, but at least sometimes it seems to work, so I cant just always skip the first character.

The Tracklocation and Variant have worked for me, but I'll have a look on that again.
TC worked too when I tested it for the last time if I remember correctly, but I'll check that too.

The Project Cars 2 Telemetry still has some problems, I hope that they fix that some day. :uncomfortableness:

Michel--NL
07-04-2018, 15:09
Thnxs for the quick answer.
And just noticed that the left front brake is showing temperatures but it is not the same as my HUD is showing.

This all works fine in PC1 mode.
With the last updates from PC2 did you noticed that they fixed anything in the telemetry? If not, then I think i'm going to use the PC1 mode.

StryderIT
07-04-2018, 16:55
With the last updates from PC2 did you noticed that they fixed anything in the telemetry? If not, then I think i'm going to use the PC1 mode.

No, I don't think that anything in the Telemetry of the game has changed latetly. At least I haven't noticed any changes and the changelog did not include something Telemetry related as well.

belaki
19-04-2018, 11:41
Quick note - michroma font displays "/" instead of the intended "%" sign. Been that way for while. Not a big deal...

Gix916
19-04-2018, 12:14
does the game output the inside/middle/outside tyre temps? if so would be nice to have a widget that does that so don't have to drive with the full telemetry on screen.

I noticed that the relative time widget seem to be comparing to my last lap. I thought it was supposed to compare to my best lap?

Michel--NL
19-04-2018, 20:27
does the game output the inside/middle/outside tyre temps? if so would be nice to have a widget that does that so don't have to drive with the full telemetry on screen.

There is already an widget with that info. You have to use telemetry data for PC2 instead of PC1.
But take note that the left tyre will show the temps from the right tyre at the moment. PC2 is not sending the right data.

Johnny Tavares
08-05-2018, 15:48

Hello StryderIT,

On reading the additional fuel in liters to finish the race it works perfectly when the race has number X of laps, however if the race has an X number of time it just shows the fuel that there is in the car.

Is it possible to adapt this widget to show the liters to finish races with duration of X laps or X time? Or create another widget to have the same information for races with X time of duration?

Thank you so much for your hard work.

Dhiego
13-11-2018, 18:09
Hello StryderIT!

I'm really enjoying the app! Congratulations on the great work!
I play on the PC with the Xbox One joystick and I'm using the full version.

I have two questions:

1 - The current flag widget or current LED flag may not be working properly. In the game are displayed flags of various colors (green, yellow, blue, black and checkered). But in the dashboard the flag is only shown in black, regardless of which flag is displaying the game. The only thing that is working just like the game is the checkered flag of start and finish. Is this correct?

2 - Set the joystick to switch the dashboard pages. Before starting the game, I do the test and I can switch the pages normally. But after starting the game, it does not alternate anymore (even if the button chosen is not configured for any game commands). I did a test, and I can switch normally using the PC keyboard, but on the joystick I can not. Can you help me solve this?

Thank you.

Regards,

Dhiego

StryderIT
14-11-2018, 08:49
Hi Dhiego!

For 1: This is not intended. :o This is a mapping issue, when the PC application parses the game data. It will be resolved with the next update of the PC Application (I will collect some more stuff before releasing an update tho)

For 2: Seems that the game captures the controller exclusively, so that the PC Application is not able to read the button states of the controller anymore. I'll check that with an Xbox One controller on my system, to see if there is anything I can do to workaround that. Thanks for letting me know!

Manx Andi
20-11-2018, 22:00
Love the look of this app, went to download it to try it out and getting a " not available in your country" error. I am in the Isle of Man and get this occasionally with apps. Is there any way you can fix this ?