PDA

View Full Version : Project Cars 2 + Gamepad = Too many difficulties?

Algarde86
14-10-2017, 14:46
Hi everyone,

I play Project Cars (1&2) with the Xbox gamepad. With the first PC i have no problems at all, but with PC2 I have always an incredible amount of understeer and no grip, especially in high speed curves compared to PC1. This happens with almost all GT4 and GT3 cars, the ones I drove more so far.

What I don't understand is if this is a problem with the pad settings or a problem with cars setups and the new physics of PC2. For example, against IA, I have great difficulty keeping up with a difficulty level of 35/40, when in PC1 I was playing at 75/80.

Even by modifying the car setup, or by using differently setups from Time Trial users I have always big problems in almost every turn in 3/4 gear, which forces me to proceed too slowly. The typical circuits where I have this problem are Silverstone, Barcelona, even Monza with the 2 Lesmo, and others.

My pad settings

S.Deadzone 0
S Sensitivy 25
T. Deadzone 0
T Sensitivity 5
Brake D 0
Brake S 25
Clutch D\s 10-25
Speed Sentivity 100
Dumper Saturation 100
Controller Damping 38

I play also with only the traction control enabled. Does anyone who plays with pad meet the same difficulties?

Some lap times in Time Trial

Lamborghini Veneno, Imola 1:54 - Cayman Imola 1:57
Barcelona, Ferrari 488 1:50.4 (sigh...), at Monza during a race I have a peace of 1:56/57 and I don't understand WHY...

Sorry for the long post and sorry for my english

RomKnight
14-10-2017, 14:49
The change of pace can simply be because different tyre track temps and/or wind, tyre wear, battling with others for position...

breyzipp
14-10-2017, 14:52
The change of pace can simply be because different tyre track temps and/or wind, tyre wear, battling with others for position...

Absolutely!

To the OP - From my experience playing with the controller if you step into a new car you didn't drive before I recommend doing time trials. For time trials the track and weather conditions are ideal so you can really focus on how the car feels and how you control it. After that is done you can race it in variable weather conditions and feel the effect.

Time trials for me are the place to go to to experiment with new cars.

danowat
14-10-2017, 14:55
Speed sensitivity at 100 could be the reason why you're understeering.

TerminatorGR
14-10-2017, 14:58
I have no problem and I havent even touched the settings

Roger Prynne
14-10-2017, 15:02
I have great difficulty keeping up with a difficulty level of 35/40, when in PC1 I was playing at 75/80.
Also for your information the AI difficulty is 20% more than the old pCARS1 AI.
So for example 80% is the old 100% and at 80%+ the AI start using more tuned setups.

HeatFire
14-10-2017, 15:02
Speed Sentivity 100 is to high.. i got it on 90 and try to keep my fingers steady in the corners.
or maybe i remember it wrong..

danowat
14-10-2017, 15:20
I have no problem and I havent even touched the settings

Me either, my problems start as soon as I change anything from default.

Algarde86
14-10-2017, 16:49
Also for your information the AI difficulty is 20% more than the old pCARS1 AI.
So for example 80% is the old 100% and at 80%+ the AI start using more tuned setups.

Ah thanks!

Algarde86
14-10-2017, 16:49
Speed Sentivity 100 is to high.. i got it on 90 and try to keep my fingers steady in the corners.
or maybe i remember it wrong..

I will try with less speed sentivity

Mad Al
14-10-2017, 18:04
take SSS down and you may need to take steering sensitivity down at the same time to stop it getting twitchy, you may well want to take the damping back up as well.. your basic issue is turning SSS up to 100 means you just don't have the steering lock at high speeds to get around faster corners (I run defaults for steering except for taking SSS down to 85)

PeteUplink
14-10-2017, 19:26
I still get a lot of understeer in high speed corners compared to the AI using a pad. At this point I think the AI actually has too much grip in fast bends on some tracks.

Try speed sensitivity 75 and controller damping 60

Algarde86
14-10-2017, 20:41
I still get a lot of understeer in high speed corners compared to the AI using a pad. At this point I think the AI actually has too much grip in fast bends on some tracks.

Try speed sensitivity 75 and controller damping 60

For sure, the AI is more efficient on high speed corners, but is incredibly slow in the slower ones...

At the moment i tried with the speed sensitivity around 85 and damping 70 + loose setup and it's impressive the improvement. 1.48.8 at Imola in time trial with Ferrari 488, without any trace of understeering. I don't know, could be some different value on the anti-roll bar and suspension i think

Black_Gold_Saw
14-10-2017, 20:44
My only problem with controller is that braking is imposible.
U decrease brake pressure to around 80-85% depending on what car. And you dont stop in time.
If u use 90-95% brake pressure you skid tyres non stop and u cant provide steering input.
So you need to brake 10-20 meters earlier which automaticly means losing time.

Real dissapointment for controller this new ABS system.

LMR TopSecret
14-10-2017, 20:58
Hi everyone,

I play Project Cars (1&2) with the Xbox gamepad. With the first PC i have no problems at all, but with PC2 I have always an incredible amount of understeer and no grip, especially in high speed curves compared to PC1. This happens with almost all GT4 and GT3 cars, the ones I drove more so far.

What I don't understand is if this is a problem with the pad settings or a problem with cars setups and the new physics of PC2. For example, against IA, I have great difficulty keeping up with a difficulty level of 35/40, when in PC1 I was playing at 75/80.

Even by modifying the car setup, or by using differently setups from Time Trial users I have always big problems in almost every turn in 3/4 gear, which forces me to proceed too slowly. The typical circuits where I have this problem are Silverstone, Barcelona, even Monza with the 2 Lesmo, and others.

My pad settings

S.Deadzone 0
S Sensitivy 25
T. Deadzone 0
T Sensitivity 5
Brake D 0
Brake S 25
Clutch D\s 10-25
Speed Sentivity 100
Dumper Saturation 100
Controller Damping 38

I play also with only the traction control enabled. Does anyone who plays with pad meet the same difficulties?

Some lap times in Time Trial

Lamborghini Veneno, Imola 1:54 - Cayman Imola 1:57
Barcelona, Ferrari 488 1:50.4 (sigh...), at Monza during a race I have a peace of 1:56/57 and I don't understand WHY...

Sorry for the long post and sorry for my english

Hi,

I have no problems whatsoever on my pad, I run GT3 a lot and I can do times of 28s in the 488 and M6 at redbull ring, 45s 44s on Catalunya. I have all my dead zones to 0 as I cba to sit there and figure it out. The 488 does udersteer a lot which is why itís the best gt3 car tuned because then you can run oversteer style aero tunes hence why itís got some mad times on some tracks. I run only ABS. I have Tcs and SC turned off. Since the update is out if youíre having understeer problems and canít tune. Run the loose set ups from SMS.

Speedball
14-10-2017, 21:11
I'm playing on Xbone with a gamepad, it's been good to me since they patched PCars 1. It's been at least comparable to TD:FRL in my opinion.

David Semperger
14-10-2017, 21:57
U decrease brake pressure to around 80-85% depending on what car. And you dont stop in time.
If u use 90-95% brake pressure you skid tyres non stop and u cant provide steering input.

That is weird. With the 488 GT3, using ABS, I could brake as hard as I wanted at the default brake pressure in the Loose setup (can't remember the value at the moment), and the ABS kept me on the limit as far as what the tires could do, meaning I stopped in the shortest distance possible.

With cars that don't have ABS, don't change the brake pressure first as that will likely be detrimental to braking distances as you mentioned. Rather work on your braking sensitivity for your controller, find a value which allows you to comfortably modulate the brakes around 33-50% pressure using the trigger. For me with my Steam Controller this was around 15-20% sensitivity. At that point, learn to listen as the tires speak to you during braking and you will do well with a controller. When pushing for really fast laps I think the real challenge is learning to smoothly steer with a gamepad, the throttle and braking are the easier ones.

S3mj0n
15-10-2017, 17:21
If you got problems with steering with a pad try Speedfreeks. They cost 10 bucks on Amazon and it is much easier for smooth steering input. You can also try different settings. What works for me is: steering sensitivity 30-40 depending on car, Throttle sens 5, brake sens 25, Speed sens 90, Damper saturation 0, Controller damping 0 and all deadzones on 0. Really smooth settings and you can can countersteer with no problem.

Trnes
15-10-2017, 19:12
I have good feelings with this config
PC:

Roushman624
16-10-2017, 03:42
I find it very well with the controller actually. Only a few cars are a real handle to master.

Lars Rosenquist
16-10-2017, 06:13
The main thing I learned when playing PC2 with a controller is that you shouldn't rely on the controllers auto-centering of the thumbstick, it's too slow (and causes that floatyness). Always center the stick yourself (is quicker) and you're good.

Dwayne
16-10-2017, 14:06
For PC users that find that counter-steering and steering corrections are way too slower try to force the game to detect the gamepad as a wheel, and see how it goes. For me cars like the Ford Sierra or the Zakspeed are un-drivable with all the forced dampening, as soon as I loose the tail it's a guaranteed spin. The custom wheel preset under xinput should do that in theory but apparently it doesn't behave any different than the gamepad profile, so the only solution is to force the game to use dinput under unknown device to get raw input :p

Alfisti
16-10-2017, 14:32
In PCARS1 i had HORRIBLE understeer until i tweaked the controller settings, I honestly cannot remember the setting but it was like night and day.

Also turn down the accell and decel lock, these create understeer.

Roushman624
16-10-2017, 15:14

I'm using no assists currently and I've mastered braking now. Just got to practice it and you'll get it man.

Outlier
16-10-2017, 15:22
im having an understeer issue as well w Cayman GT4 and a slight issue w 911 GT3 in on online race but in pretty sure its a setup issue in my case and not a controller issue. ive found the AI (on 50%) will carry more speed than me on high speed corners and come out w more speed but they brake too early for tight corners so i make up time there. I expect that once i get my setup dialed in, ill be able to increase driver difficulty.

Algarde86
16-10-2017, 15:32
At the moment I have a good feeling. I solved many problems with understeer, starting from loose setup and changing it to suit the cars and circuits. I still have a lot of problems in some cases, but considering that I play with the pad is fine.